Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Tavern - [Open/Accepting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppet

Super-Earth
Welcome to the Tavern. Come on in and have a drink, play some pool, or grab a room...

The Tavern is a place where you can come to have a drink, grab a bite to eat, or grab a room and stay for the night if you're just passing through. We welcome any and all, be it a straight human or a magical tranny werewolf, so use your imagination! I want a fun role-play, with story lines, and even amounts of action and smut. ;)

Basic Layout

You will walk into the single door in the front of the Tavern, the bar on your left, the kitchen door just beyond it, and a fireplace to your right with tables scattered about. In the corner to your immediate right is a pool table. Up ahead, across the room in the right corner you'll find a set of stairs. They lead up to the many bedrooms that are available for travelers or short term use.

If you continue past the bar and the kitchen, you will find a door on your right that leads down to the cellar where we keep wines and other stored materials, it's quite large and has been known to hold a gamble or two. If you continue down the hall and out the back door, you'll find yourself standing in front of a small series of hot springs. Beyond that, a deep and scary forest known to hold monsters one would pray never to encounter; giants, trolls, tentacle monsters, etc. Enter at your own risk!

Other than those basic areas, feel free to come up with areas of your own, just have fun!

Rules

1. Follow all Blue Moon Rules first and foremost.
2. Characters MUST be over 18.
3. Please be able to post a paragraph or so, at the minimum.
4. No killing others unless approved by the owner of the character.
5. Violence, romance, smut... it's all encouraged!

Character Profiles

Post them HERE - And keep in mind, I will be making sure we don't have too many of one gender, or too many of one race. So, please be sure to review the other profiles before creating one of your own.

Profile Template

Owner:
Character Name:
Appearance: (Must be a picture - Anime only)
Species:
Orientation:
Extra Info: Optional

If you have any questions or would like to chat about the role-play, c'mon over to the OOC!

Have fun! :)

RE: The Tavern - Now Open!

It was late afternoon and the lunch rush had finally cleared out. Early summer meant that there were no guests staying at the Tavern, but there would soon be many. The bar sat empty, the tables cleared, and Mya stood mopping the floor. She sighed as she reached up to brush a strand of her blonde hair from her forehead. Her sapphire eyes scanned the Tavern, and she smiled. Her chores were done.

Mya didn't complain about mopping, or cooking, or doing laundry. It was merely her payment for be allowed to stay here. She returned the mop to it's hiding place and lazily made her way to stand behind the bar. Her faded daisy dukes accented her tan legs perfectly as she cocked her hips to lean against the bar. She put an elbow on the wooden counter and rested her chin on her palm, her breasts resting atop the bar that now caused her already short shirt to hitch even higher. Another sigh escaped her as she stared at the door, wondering if they would receive any guests this evening.

Orin had been traveling for weeks in search of a single demon. Every time he got close, it seemed the crafty bastard was one step ahead. He wiped the sweat from his brow as the sun bore down on him.

"Where are you, you demonic asshole?!" He stared, frustrated, at the building in front of him, fists clenched at his side. He stood there for a moment, kicking the wall of the Tavern like a small child that was upset with being given a time out. Passersby that had stopped to stare quickly moved on after taking in his odd behavior, but Orin hardly seemed to notice. Finally, he seemed to come out of his funk long enough to see that he was actually staring at a sign. A sign that proclaimed drinks and a room for the night.

'Well,' he thought as she stepped through the door, 'at least I won't be sleeping in a barn or on a park bench tonight...'

"Uh..." He stared at the beautiful young lady at the bar for a moment, before blushing and squeaking out a "Hello!"

Ivan had just started working at the Tavern a week ago and was still getting used to the layout as he stepped out of the cellar and behind the bar. He was carrying a stack of boxes that would normally take at least two people to carry, but set them down revealing his black hair and blue, slitted eyes. "Mya, where do you want me to put these boxes again?" he said while walking over to her, then noticing the Newcomer, said "Hello Sir, may I ask, is there anything you would like to drink?" all the while he was thinking, 'When will I be able to drop thissss annoyingly, nice act? It is ever ssso frustrating!'

Orin glanced at the young man who had just come up from the basement as he set down the boxes. Something about the man and the boxes should be telling him something, but Orin was too distracted by the vibrant color of the other man's eyes to take notice of anything else.

"Um... I... yes? Yes!" Orin mentally slapped himself across the face, and tried to get a handle on his social awkwardness before it spiraled out of control. "I would like... mead, please. If you have it."

Relieved that he'd managed to get an entire sentence out while talking to another person, he sat quietly at a table near the corner, facing the inside of the room.

Giving a sickeningly sweet smile Ivan answered with a 'Right away, sir' while chuckling softly and began making the beverage. While doing so however, he couldn't stop himself from asking "So what's a good looking young man like you doing in this neck of the woods?" mentally cursing himself for prolonging the 's' at the end of the sentence, before walking over to the man with a platter in his hand that contained the drink and a blueberry Bavarian parfait, a dessert that had always been his favorite to make and consume. "The parfait is on me, you look like you could use, at least a small snack as well." he said presenting the platter to the young man.

Orin blushed, tapping the table a few times with his fingertips. "I, um... I'm working." He looked up as Ivan brought him his drink, and a snack as well.

"Oh, you didn't have to do that..." Orin reached for his drink first (liquid courage, perhaps), and took a swig. "But, ah... thank you." His smile was shy, and the blush lingered on his face as he tried a spoonful of the parfait, groaning at the delicious flavor. He hadn't had anything but road food for weeks, and this was like heaven on a spoon.

Ivan couldn't help but chuckle at the seemingly older man's reaction to the taste of the dessert, however in doing so, he momentarily dropped his cloaking and his eyes changed from sapphire blue, to electric green and back again. Upon realizing this slip up, he said "Well, I hope you try some of my other creations before you leave." Since had started here, he definitely widened their food choices, from appetizers to desserts.

The parfait was delightful, but it wasn't enough to distract him when Ivan dropped his cloaking. Noting the change in his eye color, Orin smiled nervously up at him and smiled his mouthful of food.

"I-I'll certainly be sure to do that." His voice was cheery enough, but on the inside he was trembling. If this was the demon he'd been tracking, this would be both the luckiest and worst day of his life. He wasn't sure he was at all prepared to face a full-fledged demon; he needed to research more!

Sending another wavering smile Ivan's way, Orin took another, rather large gulp of his mead.

Sensing the man's fear. he knew that the older male understood he wasn't a human he said, "Well, enjoy your stay here." before leaned down and adding, in a whisper in his ear "And don't Hesssitate to ask for anything, I would be glad to help." his forked tongue flicking at the man's ear when he hissed. Then hopped back up and back behind the counter, where he began cleaning any dirty cups and shot glasses that Mya had missed.

"Hm?" Mya snapped out of her daze in time to hear the newcomer ask for mead. She let Ivan take care of the man, only shifting her weight slightly to watch the two. She was smiling, mostly because she always smiled, but also because of the way the two interacted. She wasn't sure, but she had an idea that Ivan was causing the man to act almost nervously. She couldn't blame him. The way Ivan sometimes drug out his "s" sounds gave her the heeby jeebies.

When Ivan moved to clean up the remaining glasses behind the bar, Mya pushed off the bar and moved to stand in front of Orin with another friendly smile. "So, can I getcha' a room key? Or are you just stopping in?" She took in his auburn colored hair with another smile. Her younger brother had hair exactly like his, and the memories began to make her feel a tad homesick. Mya pushed the thoughts aside, she never planned on going back there.

Still a bit startled from Ivan whispering in his ear, feeling the light touch of a forked tongue, Orin sat quite still for a moment. His eyes narrowed as he watched the demon hop easily over the counter. This definitely wasn't going to be easy.

Letting out a morose sigh, he turned to the young lady that had approached him. "Yes! A room key would be great. Uh... providing that it is attached to a room." He realized, as he was speaking, how stupid he sounded. But in the back of his mind, strategies were being tossed about in order to defeat the demon- most of which would likely fail- making it difficult to pay attention to the dumb things he uttered until they were already out of his mouth.

He smiled apologetically up at Mya, and stood, holding out his hand to her. "I'm Orin Kane, by the way."

Letting out a sincere laugh thinking Orin had purposely made a joke, Mya grabbed a key from the key hanger on the wall. She turned to face him again as he held out his hand. Not being used to such politeness in a Tavern such as this, Mya completely overlooked that he might be trying to shake her hand. She held the key so that it dangled next to the palm of his hand thinking how strange it was that he wouldn't have held his hand flat to receive the item.

"I'm Mya," she said with another sweet smile. She gave a nod towards her bar mate, "That's Ivan." Mya leaned forward to lower her voice. "Don't let him intimidate you," she said with a wink. "Anyway," she started, returning to normal, "The rooms are up the stairs. The number on the key matches the number to your room. Don't worry about payment now, we'll square up before you leave. If you need anything, you can find myself or Ivan around down here. If you can't, our rooms are upstairs at the very end of the hall."

By this time Mya had backed up and was leaning against the small ledge below the wall of liquors. She stuffed her hands into her back pockets and crossed her brown cowboy boots lazily. When her fingers found a small square of something in her pocket, she pulled it out, pleased to find a piece of bubble gum. She unwrapped it and popped it into her mouth, once again in her own bored little world as she made mini origami with the wrapper.

Ivan was enjoying watching the two converse, but when Mya mentioned that their rooms were at the end of the wall he added "And don't worry, we don't bite....much." and sent the man a green eyed wink that had returned blue as he turned his attention back onto the dishes.

After he was done with the dishes, Ivan took a Baklava out of the refrigerator and began eating. Although, he had to remember to eat like a human in front of Mya, she still didn't know he was a Demon.

Then, when he was finished eating, he asked Mya, "So, where did you want me to put the boxes again?" while thinking
'I really wanna get thissss over with, I am ssstarting to get hungry again.'

Orin laughed a bit awkwardly when Mya mentioned Ivan, gripping the key in his hand and sitting back down. "Well, thank you, Mya. Nice to meet you."

As he sat and drank his mead, he stared at the remains of his parfait. So their rooms were located at the end of the hall, eh? He'd have to check it out; maybe he could plan better if he knew his enemy.

"And don't worry, we don't bite....much."

He glanced over at Ivan's words, and his brain turned to mush for a brief moment. The wink, and the eyes, and the face that went with them. He wasn't sure if he was being threatened, or hit on. And he honestly didn't know which option he'd rather it be. He ran a calloused hand through his hair, his lips curved into a confused frown.

He gulped down the rest of his mead, throwing some money down on the table, and tried valiantly not to blush as he moved toward the stairs. "I'll just be, uh... going now. To my room."

A large pink bubble blocked Mya's view of the Tavern. When Ivan spoke "much" the bubble popped and her sapphire eyes found the demon before glancing then to Orin. He certainly did look uncomfortable. When he excused himself, she blinked owlishly after him before turning her attention to the boxes and then to Ivan. She watched him curiously for a moment before shrugging off the feeling that crept mysteriously up her spine.

"Don't worry about them, I'll get them from here," she said, her sweet smile returning. She moved to lift one of the boxes. It didn't budge an inch. "God these bottles must way a ton!" she exclaimed. With a determined frown, she tried again. "Okay, I take back what I said, they're all yours," she said with a defeated exhale. "This one needs to go into the kitchen, and this one needs to be opened. The empty liquor spots on the shelves need refilled."

She assumed she could handle that one on her own, as she grabbed a small knife and began to cut into the thick tape holding the box together. She sent a sideways glance to Ivan. "It's laundry night," she started, "I suppose I should see if our traveler has anything for the wash." The box opened up and Mya reached in to grab a couple of large bottles. She began to place them on the shelves where they belonged. "Do you want to run upstairs and ask him, or would you rather I did it?" she asked, giving him an option.

Mya sighed now that she was down to the last few bottles that belonged on the top shelves. Scooting a short ladder from the side of the bar to sit in front of the shelves, she stocked herself with the bottles. She had one under each arm, one pressed against her chest, and one in each hand as she carefully climbed the ladder.

Ivan laughed as he witnessed Mya's failing attempt at lifting the boxes, but instead of just standing there laughing, he helped her put the bottles on the shelf. However, upon her asking whether he wanted to ask the newest house mate, Orin, if he had any dirty clothes that needed washing, he placed the bottles on the counter and said, "I'll assk him now." prolonging the 's' without meaning to.

Then he hopped over the counter and headed upstairs.
Although, on the way he decided to drop his cloaking completely, his raven black hair turning a crisp blond color, his azure eyes changed to Electric green, and his canines elongated until they were about an inch and a half long.

When he finally got to Orin's room, he didn't bother knocking and simply entered and leaned on the wall before clearing his throat to get the hunter's attention.

RE: The Tavern - [3 Characters; Accepting more!]

Orin had been busy looking through his bag, items strewn haphazardly across the small table in his room. His cloak had been thrown rather sloppily over the chair. The sleeveless shirt he wore underneath could now be seen clearly, revealing lightly muscled arms.

He had just gripped the edge of his worn leather journal when he heard a very distinctive sound behind him. Swallowing nervously, he let his bag (with the journal still inside) fall to the table with a thunk, and turned to greet whomever had entered his room.

"Well," he said, his eyes taking in every change in Ivan's body, "I honestly didn't expect you so soon."

Ivan had very much appreciated the muscular body of the hunter and couldn't stop him self from licking his lips, but upon hearing the man's comment snapped out of it saying "Well, ssssseeing as you already know that I am human, I thought I should get thissss over with." while rising from the wall and walking around his prey in a very snake like way, as if he could strike any moment.

As Ivan moved around him fluidly, Orin's training took over. He was very aware that the snake demon was primed to strike. Orin was at a disadvantage; even with all his training, his weapon was set against the door jamb. Ivan could strike before Orin ever reached it.

Snake demons were tricky creatures to deal with, and this was the first one Orin had ever met. Slowly, he moved in counterpoint to Ivan, almost mirroring his movements so that they circled each other. If he could just get close enough to reach his staff, he might have a chance.

"What is 'this', exactly?" He asked, hoping to distract the demon, as he made his way closer to his staff. "Do you plan on killing me?"

Ivan wasn't really planning on attacking the man, he was merely sizing him up, to see if he really was a hunter. However, when he heard Orin's question, he knew the man was hoping to either get away or obtain his weapon. "No, I don't plan on killing you or even harming you for that matter. I would simply like to say, that if you are hunting me, sssstop it! While I have been sstaying here I have made sure to keep up my facade and not harm anyone, ssso if you would, please don't messssss up all of my hard work!" his voice sounding more and more feral as the sentence drug out. All the while he remained circling the man, but if the man thought it wise to go up against a demon who has lived more that 10 of his life times, he should really reconsider his actions.

Orin paused for a moment, seemingly at a loss for words. He wasn't used to demons proclaiming their intention to not hurt him; quite the opposite, usually. Throughout years of training, he'd been conditioned to hunt demons. It was in his blood, the profession of his father, and of his grandfather. And the demons he had hunted had always seemed to accept this arrangement very willingly, usually making it their mission to snuff him out first- in more than a few cases, just for fun. He had the many scars to prove it.

Orin's hand twitched as the demon circled closer. "And... and, if I say that I don't believe you?" His voice trembled, uncertainty creeping in again. It was true that he hadn't heard of any suspicious deaths in the area, which was why he had been surprised to find a demon here. His eyes shifted to Ivan's bright green ones.

Seeing the man twitch when he moved closer to him, Ivan stopped. Then upon hearing Orin's question, he made his fangs shink back to normal, human size and said "If I had wanted to kill you, you'd have already drowned in a pool of your own blood." Although, the calmness in his voice would have driven some means insane. Then, as if testing the man, he took a few steps closer, until the space between then was almost nonexistent.

"Fair enough, I suppose." Orin's gaze settled briefly on Ivan's lips before meeting the demon's bright green eyes once more. They were standing so close to each other that Orin could feel the demon's breath on his skin.

Goosebumps rose on his skin, and his breath caught in his throat. The last time he'd gotten this close to a demon, he'd just barely managed to walk away from it. He could still feel the pull of the new scar tissue across his stomach when he moved.

"I... I believe you." And he found, with surprise, that he did.

Ivan was surprised when Orin said that he believed him, but managed to say "Thank you." before allowing his fangs to elongate again and adding "We are alwaysssss available for assissstants." his forked tongue grazing the seemingly older male's lips as he hissed.

Then stepping back he said, "Oh, and Mya wanted to know if you needed anything washed, today's laundry night so she thought one of us should assssk." before heading to the door, but paused as if waiting for an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom