Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

So, someone who is healthier than me...

Monstro.City

Super-Earth
A question; what are some healthier ways to help my concentration and energy levels? I hate the way I feel after taking energy drinks, and would rather not go to meds, having ADD. Ideas?

i have add and a small cup of coffee used to help me even just moving around on a regular basis can help because when you sit still for extended periods of time all the time your body starts to shut down and go into sleep mode. a small protein bar in the middle of the day can help give a boost ands increasing your vitamin intake and drinking lots of water as well.

I'm not much of a coffee person, and I'm trying to avoid caffeine more and more now; I've even sworn off mountain dew. I've been drinking some of the 'breakfast essentials' by... Uh... I wanna say Nestle? Has a buncha good vitamins in it, as well as taking Men's One-a-day. I've even started to eat healthier in an attempt to lose weight. I was just wondering if there were some things--like gingko (spelling?) (lol, shows how much I know; ginkgo is for memory, not attention or energy) and ginseng--would be more of a 'natural' source to help with those aspects (if I'm thinking of the right herbs...lol)

Easiest way to do so, drink lots of water.

I have a very dull job with very little in the way of activity for the majority of the shift. I have a glass of water whenever I start to feel as though I'm slipping.

This:

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwDVc3tKliM[/video]

And any other binaural beat.

I've recently decided to completely cut caffeine out of my diet. I got de-caf tea, and when I drink sodas, its caffeine free. It's good for you. I'd start taking vitamins, like a multivitamin, eating a more balanced diet, find foods that are best for energy in the morning. I've heard eating an apple in the morning is good. When I was dieting, I'd eat an apple and peanutbutter toast. To keep yourself awake, similar to what someone else suggested, maybe carry around an mp3 player and play upbeat music. When you feel slack-ish, or you're going into a daze, change things up as best as you can.

Get moving is always a good way to boost energy levels.

Another - a tad more extreme way to go about changing things - it depends on how strongly you feel about this, is going 'gluten free'. I tried it for a month, and my energy levels were at an all time high even without the carbohydrates producing sugar to fuel me.

I had to return to carbohydrates for health reasons, but it was a good experiment, that produced pretty successful results.

there are many ways that you can use to help increase your energy levels during the day, the most important being having a regular sleeping schedule. go to bed, and get up at the same time every morning and night, this will help regulate your energy levels and will even help your concentration. in conclusion to this don't eat two hours before you go to bed, as it can disrupt your sleeping patterns, and try to do something calming before bed, like reading, light stretching, or meditating. Tv, video games, and computers can also affect how well you sleep.

have fruit for breakfast in the mornings, or other healthy choices like oatmeal, the protein and vitamins in the fruit and oatmeal will really perk your system up. it's always important to have a good breakfast.

exercise in some form at least an hour a day, preferably before you've eaten, as a full stomach can make it uncomfortable. it doesn't have to be rigorous activities and it doesn't have to be all at once. take a fifteen minute walk, play a game of pool, go dancing, or even do some jumping jacks when your feeling sluggish.

keep yourself hydrated, drink lots of water and try to avoid sugar and caffeine, they will perk you up for a while but you will experience a 'crash' later. there are juices that can help you experience a natural rush that your looking for, orange juice often perks me up.

and of course, make sure that your lethargy isn't something medical. if your so tired during the day that you just can't do anything for long periods of time, days or weeks, it could be a thyroid, or a chemical problem, or even Anemia, so make sure you stay up to date on your doctors appointments.

i hope this helps^^

Back
Top Bottom