Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bite me. [A Wolf Pack Role-Play]

Status
Not open for further replies.
River carried the fabric in her teeth and ran away from the pack, close to the river in an attempt to divert the dogs attention the the scent she was carrying with her. The auburn wolf was a great runner but she could hear the dogs and men barking behind her and gaining speed. Every so often she stopped to rub the cloths scent on a near tree and continued to run. This cost her time and energy but it was vital to keep the dogs on her tail. Soon her head whipped to the side at the sound of her voice being called. It was Altair, wasn't he suppose to be moving the pack?!
She huffed out and bounded forward. Why was he going after her?
She stopped looking back and catching her breath. "I'm not sacrificing myself I just need to get far enough away to-" She was cut off by the sound of a loud shot and soon felt a bullet, whiz past her ear. She looked off and saw flash lights. She picked up the cloth and sprinted forward.
"I can take care of myself." She looked back at him with a sad expression but now that he was alpha didn't mean he did all the work. She was still Alpha female.

She huffed out as they were also joined by snow. "I have a plan, if you two really want to help then please just keep up." She forced her paws to move faster. If she could only get some time she would find a log and attach the cloth to it before sending it into the river. That would lead the scent away and no one would have to be harmed.

She heard a shot and her eyes widened, she didn't want anyone to be killed at all, even if they were the wolves that took her. She tried to go back but the pack was moving and snapped at her heels. "Please just let me console them, tell them to go back, I'll stay here, I'll come back, I swear on my life.........I don't want anyone to die....." they snapped at her heels again as she heard them say yeah right unless you want to die. She sighed and scuffed a foot against the ground.

How was she going to ever prove herself if they didn't give her the chance. She sighed and kept walking along with them, noticing that they were heading further up the mountain and further away from the people she loved and the village she grew up in. She bit her bottom lip, but kept walking forward. She had no other choice, it was that or being food for the pack, she glanced back and stopped only to be snapped at by the heels again. She jolted forward, nervously and kept walking.

Altair followed behind River closely leaping over rocks and scuffling between trees. He found himself running along the river when she told him that she could take care of herself. "I know full well you can and its one of the reasons I admire you but I want to be there anyway." He was catching up because she had to stop and rub the scent into trees every once in a while. If she sprinted straightforward then he might have had a little more difficulty. While he wasn't slow her slender frame made her faster than him. Altair was literally on her tail now when Snow caught up to them as well. "River I'm gonna be here for you in any circumstance even when you need to risk your life. I would be worried about you the whole time."

Altair looked over the other female curiously as they were running but he would ask questions later. He saw River pick up her pace and he forced himself to do the same. "What's the plan?"

She yawned last nights sleep hadn't been good and had been interrupted. She slowed down and a wolf from the pack ran up behind her and nudged her onto his back. Then the pack picked up speed, she made a half-asleep attempt to protest, "just let. Me go say goodbye." But her words were drowned out by a howl that a wolf sent out only for Altair and River to hear that they had made it to safety. They slowed to a trot and carried me into the back of a new cave. They set me down as I slept and a few went to the front of the cave to stand guard.

River knew she was reaching the end of the river and they would need to stop at some point before they reached the end for they were fast approaching the cliff. This lead her into a new idea, they would have to be quick. The auburn wolf saw the edge of the tree line fast approaching and she slowed down.
"We'll leave the cloth attached to one of the rocks off the cliff and make it look like she jumped." She told Altair, her thoughts still lingering on his earlier statements. She knew she was the Alpha but had he really cared that much?
She couldn't think of such thoughts at a time like this. When they reached the edge of the cliff that over looked the valley she immediately looked for a jagged rock where she could attach the garment to. The hunters were getting closer and two of the tracking dogs were even bursting through the foliage towards them.
Why there wasn't any rocks around were beyond her, she inched closer to the river, roaring and spilling off of the edge to make a glorious waterfall. Their was a broken tree at the end, if she could only get close enough. She hopped onto the spit fallen rotting tree and it creaked, one of her back paws going through the rotting wood and she inched closer to the edge of the broken branch. The cloth still in her mouth, as she was pressed for time she started moving faster, some of the water coming up and splashing her, each time she held onto the tree trunk with her paws digging into the wood.
Almost there!
She could now here the men clearly, loading their guns and she stepped up bit, another wave coming up and splashing her, making her back legs slip. She leaned forward and snagged the clothe on the log before quickly turning.
"I got it!" She said excited of her accomplishment making her way back before another shot rang out in the air, hitting just below her paws and the broken wood.
It made her jump, loosing her grip on the trunk and the next thing she knew she had slipped into the freezing rushing water.

Altair realized what her plan was when they started approaching the cliff but he kept silent. He followed her to the edge of the cliff and her words confirmed what he thought the plan was. He didn't even want her to go out there but now wasn't the time to be arguing. He needed to have faith in her and he needed to show her that he trusted her judgement. He watched her back though and when the dogs came through the trees he knew this was something he could do for her. He growled loudly baring his fangs and it made the hounds take a step back but they figured it was two against one. They charged him trying to take him out at the same time. He observed their movements and their size and he picked out the strongest one.

The one on the right seemed to have more stature and was more aggressive Altair waited for them to get in reach and he charged forward taking two steps before lunging for the dog on the right. He caught the dog off guard but it managed to break away which Altair was hoping for. He turned and surprised the other dog and caught its neck in his jaws and snapped it quickly and tossed it into river and the body went right off the edge. The remaining hound didn't miss a step and pounced on Altair's back. Altair moved quickly throwing himself onto his back and used his body wait to try and crush the dog. He did manage to knock all the oxygen from the hound's lungs and it laid there dazed. It was enough for Altair and he reached back grabbing the dog by his scruff and dragging him to the edge tossing him over with ease.

Altair turned around just as River exclaimed her victory and he was about to relax when the shot startled her. He watched almost as if in slowmotion as she hit the water. Altair without a second thought rushed to the edge and jumped in right behind. He searched the water for he and grabbed her quickly and began kicking hard. All the adrenaline from rushing into the cold water and trying to save River kicked in and he was starting to surface them. He made sure River's head broke through first before his own.

The freezing water made it hard to push, and the drag of the current was strongest at night. It was ten times harder to stay a float then it usually would be. As soon as she felt someone splash through the water with her and push her up she was both relieved and in a daze. The moment her head rose out of the water she coughed, her paws paddling like mad just to stay a float. They found surface and with the help of who ever had saved her she pulled herself up on the opposite side the hunters were and immediately turned, pushing her head into the water and grabbing the other wolf by his scruff, pulling him above water and to the edge with a whimper.
The wind was cold and she wasn't as strong as him but she managed to pull him out of the water. Getting away from the hunters was another thing though. They were quickly approaching and within moments a rain of gun fire would be upon them if they didn't hide. "Altair come on we have to hide." She nudged the soaking wolf with her muzzle, amazed that he had taken care of the dogs so quickly but feeling slightly bad for them. It wasn't their fault but the masters that ruled them. She crouched low, licking her savior's muzzle.

Snow came in second to join the cliff and saw what the she wolf was doing and grinned what a great plan. She heard the dogs and got ready to fight but she saw the male wolf take them down with ease like they were nothing but rag dogs. She watched as the she wolf get the cloth onto a log then the next thing snow knew she was into the river herself when a shot rang out. Snow ran to the waters edge about to jump into herself whens he saw the male run jump into the cold water after the she wolf. She walked along the waters edge watching out for any more humans and shots and dogs. She also watched them ready to leap in at any sign of trouble.

From out of no where three dogs attacked her one bit her on the heel while she went down the other two tried to get at the two in the river. She yelped out in pain but got up and took out the dog killing it quick then attacked the other two killing them as well. She laid down by the dead wolfs nursing her injured food and soon she got the bleeding to stop. She watched the wolfs in the stream in again and saw they got to safty so she took off herself. she had to get out fast before she was shot and killed. She did not realized but soon she was leaping into the stream herself trying to get away and manged even thou it wore her out fast to get across the stream. She manged to get out and ran in the same direction as the other two wolfs but she was behind them and sure looked like she was going to drop any minte now.

(is it okay i make anther wolf this one male and already in the pack who falls for her or would that not work sense i would controlling them both)

She woke with a start as she heard more shots. "No, please just let me go to them, you guys don't need me" the pack shook their heads and she sighed, but stayed in the back of the new cave. She grimaed at the thought of her family weeping cause they thought she was dead.

Altair broke surface right after River and he gasped for air and his adrenaline was running out. He managed to push her out of the water but the cold water was getting to him and freezing up his muscles. He was losing the battle and he was about to slip under when he felt teeth grab him and begin to pull him up. He was able to get one deep breath before he heard the shots fired and he felt like they were getting too close. It took a nudge and a lick on his muzzle to bring his determination back. HE still had to save River and now Snow.

With a loud growl which was more like a roar of anger he got up against agonizing muscles and stood up straight and powerful. He turned back to Snow and barked to her to come one but he noticed her injury. He rushed to her side and supported her with his sturdy frame as much as he could. "We've got to move and fast. He turned to River and looked up to her. "Can figure out the best way to get out of this alive?" Without waiting for much of an answer he followed her anyways.

The hunters seemed to reach the edge just as they were leaving and with icy water still dripping off of her, it was hard not to just lay down. The auburn Alpha female trotted after them, the hunters weren't following them which was good, but they weren't safe from the gun fire or freezing to death if they didn't get inside a cave of some sort.
"Keep moving away from the river, they shouldn't keep following us, they have no more reason to." She said, her limbs were starting to get achingly tired and she was still dripping wet. She had to stop for a moment to shake her fur. Up ahead she spotted a huge up rooted tree, the roots and place where it use to stand made a fine little cubby hole that would fit the three of them. "That looks fine for the night, if we don't get warm our bodies will shut down." River panted tiredly, padding over to the hooded small cavern and slipping underneath it. It wasn't very comfortable but what choice did they really have? They would need to head back to the pack in the morning.
Her fur was still wet, making the colors of her pet look even darker, she collapsed onto the floor and looked over at Altair and Snow. She would of helped but she only needed one shoulder to lean on. The wound didn't look fatal, it just looked like one of the dogs had got a bite out of her.
"You know if you didn't follow you would be perfectly fine right now." She told the other female wolf curling up tightly as she tried to regain some of her body heat. She felt bad Snow felt that she had to tag along but she couldn't say she didn't try to warn them. Though without Altair being there she wasn't so sure she would of gotten out of that current. It could of very well pulled her over the edge.

She shivered slightly as she watched the opening of the cave and the other wolves watched her. She wasn't stupid, she knew her chances of escaping with her life were slim, it was one against many and she sighed. She didn't want to die, so she would have to stay here and ...... and what? Serve them? Be entertainment? She felt her heart sink at either thought.

She tugged at the hem of her gown, seeing that it was torn, she sighed and then she felt her stomach grumble. She hadn't eaten since the evening before and she was hungry.Although she doubted that the pack would let her go and perhaps scout out berries. She grimaced as looked up and once again the pack sent up another howl to let River and Altair know where they were

Snow felt the male wolf try to help her but she growled at him. She picked up from the way the she wolf licked him that maybe the was mates. she noted the danger was passing by has she limped near the tree hole. She did not go in after river instead she laid down near by curling up in a tight ball saying"yea well who would miss a wolf who is starving to death and could not stop the humans when they took out her pack". she shivered from head to toe from the stream.

Altair was surprised by her growling but he didn't give his help again. If she felt that she didn't need him then he wouldn't help. He shook out his fur releasing as much water from his fur as he could manage. Instead he followed River occasionally sweeping back every few yards to make sure they weren't being followed. He finally felt safe when they reached the tree and even then he did a check around the radius to be sure. He entered the tree behind River and his legs started wobbling and he made two more steps before they finally gave out from under him. He collapsed right next to River out of fatigue and he could only move his head slightly to look at River. They were safe for now which was good because his muscles were fried. He might have been genetically altered but he was still mortal.

Shadow was in the cave looking out howling out to Altair occasionally. He was worried about his old friend and he wasn't getting a reply from them. He paced the entrance of the cave keeping his eyes out on the horizon expecting to see his head pop out eventually. But it never came and now he had the troublesome girl behind him. He felt bad for her and wished he could but he was too concerned for his friend and Alpha to worry about her.

Soon she was shivering from the cold water and she knew if she did not go inside of the tree with them she would not make it thou the night. she made her way inside of the cave and laid next to river and soon she too was sound asleep. When she woke up she would be gone as fast as she could but for now the she wolf was letting her be near and the male did not seem too bothered by her this gave her new hope but she would not get her hopes up to high.

She became quiet again watching shadow pace back and forth. She reached up and begin to braid it again. She was nervous as well and she was hungry and was getting cold with the ever approaching night. Furthermore she had no clue if any of the wolves had been shot or if her papa and the other people from her village had been hurt by the wolves.

As she finished braiding her hair she wrapped her hands around her arms for warmth and partially around her stomach to keep the grumbling and growling noises from being heard. She felt like crying but she wasn't going to give the wolves the satisfaction of seeing her weak and beatened.

River was about to halt Altair's movements. They would be safe in here and him going out alone to scout was unnecessary and he only put his body in a tougher situation.
She stayed curled up tight though the wind still shook through her like nothing and was greatly relieved when the Alpha male came back and she couldn't of been any more proud of him then she was right now.
He had done more to prove he was right to be alpha than anyone else could and she admired that. Oh so much.
She moved closer to him and licked his muzzle, then the side of his face. He was still pretty damp, she just wished she could show her gratitude more. Somewhere other than under an uprooted tree where they had just barely escaped death.
"You did so well, thank you." Her voice was soft and once Snow decided to lay down the tough act and come in she was glad she was in the middle. It was warm. "Both of you." She continued from her last sentence before laying her head down on her paws, shutting her eyes.

Snow grinned but hid it well saying "thanks". She was soon sound asleep loving the warmth the she wolf gave off. Soon she was dry and no longer cold. she woke with a start when she grew too hungry to sleep. she saw that it was day so she left with out a word to hunt. she was glade the she wolf was glade she helped but she did not want to over stay her welcome. She decided to stay close to the pack for now so she followed the trail thier scent left behind.

Altair felt warmer with River next to him and he looked up to her with exhausted eyes. Her shows of affection hadn't gone unnoticed and he appreciated them. He leaned in his his and nuzzled her wincing as his muscles screamed in pain. He left his head nestled against her body not wanting to move away from here even if he had the strength. He heard her thanks and it made him warm on the inside and he knew then that really would do anything for her. "I would do it all again for you." He dozed off from fatigue shortly after. Somewhere early in the morning he heard movement and woke up. He slowly got up as Snow was leaving and he figured while he was up he might as well do something. His muscles were slightly sore but he could move a lot faster than before. He got up and hunted down 2 rabbits and 3 squirrels for a quick breakfast. It was just to hold them over until they got back to the pack. He grabbed their food and trotted back to the tree quickly walking in hoping he made it back before River got up.

Shadow knew he needed rest and he reluctantly returned back into the caves. He looked at the new human shiver and he felt bad for her. He looked around at the humans that fit into the pack as they curled up with the pack. This new human however didn't have any friends in the pack to curl up to partially due to her reluctance to stay in one place. He regretted his decision already before he even moved but he wasn't heartless. He walked up to the human slowly and rubbed a shoulder against her leg. He curled around her body trying to give her as much of his warmth as he could. He was trusting this human unfortunately but any false moves on her part and he would snap her neck quicker than she could have seen it coming. He closed his eyes and began to doze off.

River wasn't usually a heavy sleeper but this time around, laying next to Altair, and even with all that happened the previous day. She slept like a new born pup.
By the time morning came she was surprised to see that she was the last one up, and rose to her feet. Yawning and stretching her somewhat sore limbs she looked around, cautiously padding out of the small cavern and looking around before she spotted a familiar face. With food.
Her tail on instant started swaying, and she trotted over to greet him with a warm brush against him.
"Don't you ever just stop and rest?" She questioned. He'd been doing so much, and with yesterdays events she would think he'd be exhausted.

Altair saw River approaching and he supposed he knew he wasn't gonna be able to get back to the tree before she got up. They met somewhere in the middle and he felt her brush up against him and he had to control his tail from wagging uncontrollably like a dog. He sat on his haunches and presented her with breakfast and he licked her muzzle. "You deserve to wake up to being taken care of for once. I'm alive and young right now and I'm able to move and move fast. I can work through my slight pain and provide for you and the pack. I'll rest when I'm old or dead. Or at least that's what my father used to say. I follow his words because they hold truth here and now for you." Altair figured he was getting too sentimental so he slowed down his words. He found himself being rather open when he was around River. He didn't mind but he figured he had a reason why he was acting this way.

She eyed Shadow as he appoached her and she became afraid of what he would do. She was about to scoot away from him when he brushed up against her and then curl around her. She drew in her breath, she admitted, this caught her by surprise and threw her for a loop. Not many in the pack besides Altair had shown her kindness because she was new and not to be trusted.

As the shivers slowly stopped, she looked down at Shadow and for the second time since she was there, she smiled. She reached down hesitantly and softly stroked his fur. Feeling tired, she slowly laid her head down on his back and fell asleep, curling up as well.

Shadow was aware of the human stroking his fur and at fur he was on edge. He wasn't sure what she was doing but he slowly came to terms that she was just showing her thanks. Calming down he relaxed and let her stroke his fur because it was helping him sleep. He felt her head lay on his back and he wasn't disturbed or even nervous about her laying on him. He actually looked up to see her sleeping peacefully he moved some of her hair from her face with his nose. Shadow had to admit that when they slept humans didn't look so evil and destructive. He went to sleep without much worry other than Altair and the Alpha but he knew that those two together could overcome most odds.

Snow soon picked up two strong scents one being the pack and one of rabbit. she slowed her pace down so as not to scare off the rabbit and decided she was close enoch for now for them to pick up her scent. She soon hunted down the rabbit and killed it. she sat down and started eating the rabbit. it would not due she will have to find more but she was still score from yesterday and the run did not help any so for now this would have to do till she rested up some.

She yawned slightly as she was sleeping and curled up tighter. Her eyes briefly fluttered open as she felt a slightly wet nose brushing against her forehead and then her eyes drooped back closed. It came as a surprise to her as her thoughts shifted. She dreamt she was at home again, underneath her blankets, safe and sound. This surprised her again, for this was the first time she had felt safe. Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad here. She slept peacefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom