Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Immortal Enemies [Blair1216 & Eyesoffire]

Eyesoffire

Anything for that Elusive Feeling
It was a hot day. So hot in fact that Horus was forced to go out onto the patio of his massive, beautifully furnished home that was situated along the coast of the Mediterranean. He was laying in a hammock, sipping from a glass of cool, refreshing iced tea. It reminded him of his childhood. "The best drink in the world!" His brother, Anubis had shouted as he came to join Horus on the patio and lean against an old wooden railing, and look out over the sea. "So good," Horus said, smiling. "that the dead would come back to drink it?"
Anubis laughed. "Not if I do my job properly." Both looked 25, in actuality that had been on this Earth for over 5 decades. Regardless of the length of time they spent alive, when they were with one another, they always acted younger than their age.
The wind blew through both their short black hair, sun shining on their light brown skin that covered their toned bodies. But the differences stopped there. Horus was taller, though less bulky. Anubis preferred to have some stubble on his face, Horus didn't want the look that his brother called 'rugged' and remained clean-shaven. Both had handsome, angular faces and while Horus' eyes were a dark brown, Anubis' pupils were grey. Horus wore a light blue flanel shirt, not his best idea in the heat but he was too lazy at the moment to take it off. His legs were covered by light shorts that fluttered in the wind.

"Ra expects payment in three days. He says that overseas trade won't change to being shipped by air." Anubis said as his eyes scanned the horizon. "Three people died just now...disease in Serbia." he muttered, Anubis usually whispered who had died at the time, he didn't do it on purpose, when his mind was blank that was all he could think of. It was his job to know anyway. "Seventeen people...war in Africa."
"Trade will always go by ship." Horus said in an effort to have his brother's mind return back on the right track.
Anubis nodded. "Ra knows that, but he claims his business partners want trade faster. Ra said they were wrong, planes cannot carry as much cargo as ships, they don't have the strength within them. He's losing business partners and money. If that's the case, Red Cross won't by shares in his construction site safety company...what's the name...Sun...something...if they don't have shares they can't sell and make money. 2 people died in the US. One by a mugger, the second by a rapist." Anubis pursed his lips.
"Sun and Moon workplace safety. Named it after me when I was born. Ra's the father we never had." Horus rose from his hammock. "I should go, talk to these people."
"You'll make it violent." Anubis grinned.
"I won't. I'll just talk...no one's gonna get hurt."
Anubis laughed. "You'll shout. You can hurt with words too, especially if you cannot physically harm them."
"It's about time I stepped into the game Anubis. You have a full time job, an important one. But me...." he pointed to the hammock. Look at what I was just doing!"
"Iced tea can make you relaxed..."
Hours laughed and gave the rest of his class to his brother. "I should go meet with these people, get things straight."

Persephone leaned against the marble stone of her balcony, looking out at the scenery with a sigh. Her long blond hair floated behind her in the wind, her blue eyes holding anxiety. She glanced down at her floor length, light blue dress as it moved with the breeze. It left her shoulders and cleavage bare, just how Hades liked it, and while she would normally be too stubborn to give in to his desires of her appearance, she liked to look sexy. She liked formal attire that hugged her curves and gave men a reason to swoon. It made her feel powerful, in a sense, with being in control. She was said to be a tease, for she was very much untouched, and it was true. With an appearance of a girl who looked no older than 20, maybe a little younger, she was a coveted virgin amongst the gods and goddesses that Zues liked to keep a close eye on. After all, he was her daughter; a daughter he promised to Hades when she was born nearly three decades ago. Men kept their distance from her, but their gaze trained on her.

And Persephone definitely had her fun with that.

"Well, don't you look ravishing," a deep, charming voice stated from beind her. With an arched eyebrow, Persephone turned to look at the older man. He had been around for many, many decades. However, his steel-colored eyes and raven hair that was styled neatly on his head suggested he could be in his late twenties. A permanent, arrogant expression was spread across his face as he loomed down at her, his demeanor forever imposing. "How much longer to I have to wait to have you in my bed?"

"A very long time, if I have any say," Persephone grumbled, rolling her eyes and moving to walk past him. A strong arm blocking the doorway took care of that plan, and she let out a huff. "Don't you have somewhere to be, Hades?"

He grinned, as if what she said amused him, and gave her a nod. "Yes," he said, "Actually, I have come to tell you the plane is leaving in a few minutes. You haven't forgotten about the meeting, have you?"

Of course she hadn't, but she answered him with silence. Letting out a patronizing chuckle, he moved his arm out of her way. "Do try to be pleasant, dear Persephone. I'd hate to have to reprimand my future wife in front of the Egyptians."

She glared at him as she moved past him, her train floating behind her through the white, marble-floored room. Her heels clicked with persistence, putting as much distance between them as possible before they boarded the plane.

Ra looked like a much older man. Silver hair, lined face but broad-shouldered, strong, intelligent, tall and fit. He was bringing a few bags downstairs as Isis, a woman who looked like she was her forties peered down from two levels up. "Careful with the bags." She said down to Ra, who only looked up and gave her a flying kiss. Horus met Ra by the stairs and waited, hands in his pockets. "Aren't you going to wear something nice Horus?" Horus raised an eyebrow. "That didn't sound like a demand..."
"I'm not your father..." Ra's dark eyes seemed to glaze over. "I don't have that honor. You wear what you wish."

"Sun and Moon have-"
Ra held up a hand. "I know exactly what's been going on there. I also know you wish to go down there and speak with them. I can't allow that." Horus furrowed his brow. "Why? I don't understand."
"I need you by my side. Anubis will remain here, your mother is coming along as well. We need to speak with the Greek pantheon regarding a few things. I've book us 4 seats on the plane. You'd better change now, or we'll be late."
"4 seats?" Horus squinted. Ra stopped and pursed his lips. He let out a sigh and turned to his young friend. "Seth is to be joining us....only temporarily, you understand?" Ra's tone changed, he was becoming stern. "You will not speak out against your uncle. He is your elder, you will obey his wishes and keep your mouth shut you have nothing good to say. I know what he did...but we need him during these talks."
"Can Sobek not come?" Horus protested.
"Sobek is busy, there are problems with the world's waterways and he needs to tend to them. You will cooperate, Horus."
The young god nodded.

He couldn't believe Isis was fine with this as they made their way to the airport. Hours was now wearing a slim-fit suit with a thin dark tie. His height and body shape became more pronounced. His lean figure made his way to his seat. Between himself and Isis sat no one, but to his let, already sitting there was Seth, the bald, grim-looking man with a single eye turned to look at his nephew. He gave a sly smile to Horus and patted the seat beside him. Seth was both strong and tall, brilliant and unmerciful. His ears were adorned with earrings and despite how many decades he'd been on this Earth he didn't look a day older than 35. "Hello Horus..." Seth said slowly, his deep voice seemed to make the plane rumble. Horus looked around, only he seemed to feel it. "Meeting the Greeks has become a family affair, I see." he folded his powerful arms over his chest. "Pretentious idiots who think of nothing but the past... ah well, it will all soon be over and done." Seth looked up to see Isis sitting by her son, he gave the woman a lustful look before bowing his head slightly and inquiring about how her life was. As the plane took off Horus fumed...he couldn't believe he had to endure the presence of this man...in his books, Seth should have died soon after his own father.

One the plane, Persephone sat in between the window and Hades, her expression bored and irritated. She had a feeling her father, whom sat in front of her with his brother Poseidon, brought her a long in order to keep an eye on her. There were too many wanting eyes that were always trained on her, too great of a chance for her to be taken advantage of while Zues' imposing presence was gone. She was rarely left alone these days, always watched and babysat like a child. It angered her, giving her a mouth that was much too bold for a Greek Goddess and stubborn nature that could certainly make her unbearable to her father and Hades. She was a wild one; a free spirit that was continuously contained in highly secured places.

A hand appeared on her knee, and as much as Persephone wanted to slap it away, she refrained from doing so on the plane. Looking away from the window, her narrowed eyes slowly making their way to Hades. He had a smug look across his handsome, yet devilish features. During mythological times, Hades was her Uncle, her rapist, her kidnapper, and her husband. While in this life, Hades was not officially her Uncle, he was a very strong business partner to her father. He could have every daughter that Zues had if he wanted, but Persephone was whom he had his eyes fixated on.

"Get your hand off of me," she demanded through clenched teeth, but he only laughed Rolling his eyes, he made his hand move farther up her thigh. Something deep in his dark grey eyes flickered with excitement.

"You're fight is what turns me on the most," he whispered, "I suppose, even in my second life, there is a part of me that just wants to... take you."

His palm felt hot against her skin, for Hades carried an unnatural temperature, and she swallowed. There was know use in fighting him off in such a small place, she instead, she denied him her reaction, looking away and focusing on the clouds passing by. The stewardess announced they were arriving at their designation, and she let out a sigh of relief. She was sure that the Egyptians would atleast be more pleasant than Hades.

"Darling," Zues called, looking over his shoulder at her. He looked to be a man in his fifties with powder white shoulder-length hair and a beard to match, but his stature was incredible. At nearly seven feet tall and three hundred pounds, her father was feared by all. His demeanor was professional, but when it came to his youngest daughter, he was much more soft spoken. It was actually hard for her to be angry with him most of the time, even if he was handing her over to ruler of Hell. He knew Hades would take care of her, even if it meant that she would be used a little. It was a small price to pay in his mind.

"Do you remember what I told you?" he continued, arching his eyebrow.

"Do not speak unless spoken to," Persephone answered, rolling her eyes.

"Yes, and keep that scowl off your face," Hades added, squeezing her thigh with his hand. "You need to be a stoic Goddess that is so beautiful that the Egyptians will be too mesmerized to deny me my requests."

She turned to look at him, her expression full of disgust. "What are you suggesting? That I am being used in this meeting? I'm supposed to be a shiney object that will distract them?"

Hades smirked. "That is exactly what I'm suggesting."

Eyes widened, she looked over at her father, expecting him to tell Hades to keep his comments to himself, but Zues did no such thing. He simply turned back in his seat, making it clear that the conversation was over.

Their plane touched down in Paris in the afternoon. Horus immediately got up and took his bag out of the compartment above him. He couldn't leave right away though as other people from first class were filing out. Seth had no inhibitions about pushing past people and he made sure Horus was the first one out of his way. "A decent man, am I right, mother?" He asked Isis sarcastically. The woman nodded and smiled. "Your uncle was always so difficult to get along with. But he is my brother."
"A brother who wants to be your lover."
"Horus!"
"I only speak the truth, tell me you do not notice how he looks at you...I see it all the time you're in the room. I'm amazed that Ra does nothing."
"Ra is not my husband and isn't responsible for what happens to me. I am fully able to take care of myself."
"Sometimes I wish Ra was more than a good friend."
"Your father would have agreed, he told me one night that if he should die I would remarry to save myself from a life of loneliness. Ra, he said, was the best for me. I agreed with him, but then I gave birth to you, from then on my loneliness was gone. If only Osiris knew what a man you've turned into." Isis placed a hand on Horus' shoulder. The young man bit his bottom lip, he had no memory of his father.
"You and Ra follow the same paths you've been destined on, mother. Yet you deny me mine, let me fight Seth."
"No, son. He's grown to powerful over the years. I would not have you agitate him. He has changed his past too, and it has been done to accommodate you into his life."
Somehow Horus didn't believe that.

They walked out of the airport and had a driver waiting for them. He took them to the Hotel de Crillon. Their rooms overlooked the Eiffel Tower and the various cafes, quaint streets and cobble-stone roads of an idealized French life. Horus smelt fresh bread, heard the chatter of people speaking French, apparently the most romantic language. Being from Egypt, the French influence worked its way into his life. He knew some of the language, though it wasn't much to keep a conversation going. He usually used it to flatter some girl. His room was lavish, with high ceilings, the smell of clean carpets and flowers that mingled with that of Parisian life, that wafted in from outside. He entered the hall of the hotel, his room was beside Ra's while on the other side was his mother's. To Ra's right, and much to Horus' relief, was Seth's own room. He exited his own space at the same time as Ra. "We're to meet the Greeks here?"
"Indeed." Ra answered. He had changed into a more formal suit while Horus still dressed in the same slim-fit attire. "Are you going dancing tonight, Horus?"
"No, why?"
"Your clothes are befitting of that."
"You always had a conservative view of fashion, sir."
Ra laughed. "To be called sir by you, I never expected it. It's not part of why you are, Horus. Just say my name, you're not one for rigid systems and formalities."

"The meeting is on the patio of the third floor." Ra turned to Horus. "It's a luxurious place and France is famous for its women." he sighed. "But Horus...please don't be late."

Persephone stood before the full-length mirror of her her hotel room with one hand on her him and a scowl on her makeup enhanced face. Her red lips were pulled in a tight line as she looked over the dress she was wearing. Hades requested that she wear this number, much like he did on anyother public event, but this had to be the worst. Feeling and looking sexy was something Persephone loved, for it made her feel in control. However, this time around, her looks were being used against her. While in Greece, she loved to tease men into submission, then pull away at the last moment. It gave her a thrill, turning her on to no end. Tonight would be different. She was not using her looks to her advantage, Hades was, and that made her feel dirty. He wanted the young girl to flaunt around the Egyptian Gods in order to reel them in to his deadly grasp. And as much as Persephone wanted to lock herself in the French hotel room, climb down the balcony, and escape into the sunset of the beautiful country, she knew Hades would find her. He would find her and make it worth his while.

The dress was blood red, the color of her painted lips, and the neckline only came a few inches above her naval. It hugged her waist and hips, yet fell to the floor around her in a elegant way. On the left side, a slit was cut all the way to her hip, leaving her entire leg exposed when she walked. Like usual, her hair fell in waves down her back. Hades would be delighted, she was sure.

A knock at the door made her grown, and she walked over to it with a few light clicks of her heels. Unsurprisingly, Hades stood in the hall with a lustful smirk on his face, taking in the young women with extreme appreciation.

"Ah, yes," he cooed, "That will do. Now come. We don't want to late, do we?" Holding out his arm for her, he nodded toward the elevator. Persephone sighed and shook her head, putting her arm through his and letting him lead the way. Down to the third floor they went, walking out to the patio to wait for the Egyptians. A large, lavishly decorated table was set up in the middle of the area. It was there that the four of them sat and sipped wine, the men talking amongst themselves. Persephone stared out into the ballroom with longing, watching the young people dance and laugh... The sound of music was faint in her ears, only increasing in volume when a server walked in and out of the door that sperated the two areas. It was times like this that Persephone wished to be a normal, average girl that was not reborn as a Goddess. A girl that was not born into a life that she did not choose, nor could she change. She was trapped in the slow process of history repeating itself.

"Apologies to keep you waiting." Ra stated as he, Isis and Seth walked out onto the patio three minutes after the Greeks had gotten there. They sat across the table from their partners. Ra extended a hand to Zeus, knowing that it was the two of them who were in control here. Isis greeted everyone fondly, marking the young Greek girl, giving her a sweet smile. Seth stared everyone down, including Persephone, his eyes roamed her body and the look within them was akin to what most men would have when looking her over. He turned his head to Zeus and his brothers, but shrugged them off easily enough, returning to his own thoughts.

The one chair, directly in front of Persephone, that was missing was Horus'. He had gone out to find food, surprisingly. French cuisine was some of the best in the world and there was absolutely no way he was going to miss out on it. Horus walked the cobbled streets of Paris, ducking into a bakery here, cafe there and restaurant around the corner. The hotel was amidst a large neighborhood of eateries and he wasted no time in trying to find the best-smelling place. No less than half an hour later did he show up to the meeting. He sent an apologetic look to Ra and his mother, completely ignoring Seth. Sitting down in the only chair available he looked across to Zeus, Poseidon and Hades. This was the first time he'd seen them, they were as impressive as Ra had claimed. His eyes moved down the line across the table until they landed on Persephone. Immediately he was struck by her beauty, though he kept his wits about him and turned his head back to the the conversation at hand. It was difficult to ensure his eyes did not wander to the corner of his eye and catch a glimpse of the goddess across from himself. He pursed his lips and tried hard to pay attention.

"Much of North Africa and the desert, I believe is to be settled on ours. And I believe the last time we met much of Europe is yours." Ra spoke confidently with Zeus. "However it is the Americas that now concern us. How should we change things there? Additionally I think a new trade agreement is in order for the two of us. The combination of my tech companies with your distributors needs some shifting I think."
Seth took a drink of wine and slammed the glass down on the table. "Give me the Middle East, Iran especially. Forget negotiating about the desert....we have that shit-filled land...more specifically, I have it." he glared across the table.
Horus took the moment in which his uncle caused a ruckus to look at Persephone. His eyes lingered a little too long on her body and climbed their way up to her face. He turned back quickly, his eyes staring intently at Seth.

Persephone glanced at Horus, taking him in with curious eyes. He was handsome, looking like no man she'd ever seen in Greece. He was a god, she knew, but she never had seen an Egyptian God in person. His tanned skin and dark eyes made her want to stare, to study his features until she was sure they were burned into her mind.

Her father's deep voice had interrupted her thoughts, making her look away from the dark eyes of the man sitting across from her. "The Middle East? I do believe that is our territory, Seth." His voice was unwavering, and his eyes narrowed. "I was hoping to not change any territory arrangements. Our decisions from the last meeting seemed to have worked well for us."

Hades chuckled, leaning back in his chair with an amused expression. Looking down at his wine glass, he swirled the red liquid around with a casual, arrogant movement of his wrist.

"Keep the Middle East," Hades stated, looking up at Seth with an arched eyebrow. "And you are more than welcome to keep that waste land you call a desert, but North America? That is our's. I want it. All of it. And if you even want to even consider upping the demands of our distributes, I think we should have a portion of China. It's been nearly two decades since we gave you the entire country, and... Well, if I'm being honest, I think a country with such high technology advances is better in our hands."

Turning toward Persephone, Hades gave her an uncharacteristic smile and nodded for her to stand up. "Darling, why don't you pour Seth another glass of wine?"

Persephone glanced at Seth and then back at Hades. She forced herself not to roll her eyes as she stood, walking over to a table where several bottles of wine sitting in a silver bucket of ice sat. When she walked, her leg was exposed to the hip, making her feel self-conscious for a moment. However, she tried to think of the men from home and how she loved their attention, and soon she was able to sway her hips with ease as she returned with wine. Smirking at Seth, she bent over (giving a decent view of her cleavage) and poured him a glass of red wine.

Hades watched her with a look of approval, then looked over at Horus, noting that he was new to their annual meeting. Amusement flickered in his steel-colored eyes and he nodded to the young woman that now walked back to return the wine to the ice. He had noticed the younger man looking at Persephone, and it only added to his ego. "My fiance," he said, giving him a snake-like grin. "She's ravishing, isn't she?"

"You have no claim over America whatsoever, you dare to think that we'd give even a quarter of China to you for a country in such debt? You make me laugh, Greek!" That was the end of Seth's retort as he was now taken by Persephone when she rose. His eyes watched her movements closely. Ra smiled and whispered to Zeus. "You have to excuse him, he's forward with everyone, wears his heart on his sleeve unfortunately."

Horus caught Persephone's scent as she waked by, he lifted his head and eyed her body as she moved. Though she worked Seth over her charms were not lost on him. For an instant he thought she was coming to him and time seemed to freeze. Horus turned to Hades as he spoke. He leaned forwards and looked at Persephone, right in the eye his gaze moved lower and he grinned. "Fiance, you say?" He turned to Hades, leaning back in his chair. "Yet I see no ring on the appropriate finger." He knew Hades' type the moment he laid eyes on him, very much like Seth, prone to outbursts with the only cure for his ailment upon social gatherings is to quickly put him back in his place. Though Horus would never openly state his position higher than a brother of Zeus.

Isis turned to Poseidon, "And what of Africa and the droughts there? Sobek creates waterways and canals to aid the people, are you willing to lend assistance as well?"
"Indeed, the people there deserve more action on our part, we have the potential to do great deeds, why not use this time to conspire them?" Ra spoke.
"We are NOT philanthropists..." Seth hissed, "It takes effort and power to manage and empire. We cannot all afford to chip in. The Earth only holds finite numbers, my fellow Gods. If the humans are too populous then they will surely die from lack of resources, who are we to stop them?"
Ra retorted with something but Horus did not hear it. The memory on Persephone's scent lingered in his nose. His gaze was over the balcony at the Eiffel tower beyond but in his mind's eye he saw the woman sitting across from him.

Horus took a moment to take a sip from his glass, he eyed the woman carefully. How she sat and watched everyone else. A game of eye tag began where he'd purposely avoid her gaze when he predicted when she'd look at him. Even her distorted figure of Persephone that he saw through the drained glass was alluring.

Persephone gave Seth a seductive smile, silently persuading his eyes away from the discussion and toward herself. Her gin widened when he stopped talking business and watched her body move around in front of him. Depite feeling like some kind of hired whore, Persephone felt a sense of victory when she managed to get the older man's attention.

Returning to her seat, Persephone felt her hand being grabbed from underneath the table. The heat that radiated from the fingers that clenched her own told her it was Hades' and she immediately frowned. Her eyes, suddenly holding an obvious amount of dread, connected with Horus. She bit her lip, feeling a blush rise into her cheeks. Something about him made her feel even worse about the way she was being used.

"Ring?" Hades said, his fiery eyes lighting up. He grinned, shaking his head as if he thought Horus was a poor, naive soul. "I do not need a ring. This girl right here was promised to me by my brother the day she was born..." Persephone flinched, feeling those unnaturally hot fingers strengthen their hold on his hand until it hurt. "She has not lived a day on their earth not being my fiance."

Zues shook his head toward Ra. "I'm not looking for an arguement, but I will not leave here empty handed. You can keep China, and I'll speak with my end of the distribution, but I would like North America." He sighed, reaching up to rub his temple. "No, we are not philanthropists, and I have to admit that Seth is right in population issues... But we simply cannot let the earth crumple. We were put here to protect it after all. Of course, I will send a few of my useful men over if needed. Funding will be split down the middle, I imagine, but we must not forget national debt in America. We need to get this fixed immediately. They are simply to useful to let fall into turmoil."

"Hmmmm...we cannot just sit aside and let you have an entire continent. So we'll have to say no to your request for North America. What I am doing is expanding the foothold we have in the East, branching out of Japan and reaching South to Australia. I've already set this in motion and I have the government's approval to do this there." Ra shrugged and handed Zeus the papers showing the documentation of the trade agreement. Sending electronics to Australia would guarantee a partnership with New Zealand as well, allowing for one massive trade web, especially if India got involved.

Horus held Persephone's gaze, she did look anxious about the whole situation. Hades really seemed to be pushing his luck here. Horus thought that perhaps a little more subtle insulting would keep Hades quiet. He clearly didn't know the Greeks too well. "Engaged to you since birth?" He raised an eyebrow. "One would think a Greek god could have anyone they wanted and when they wanted, not wait with a promise made by a third party." His eyes darted and connected to Persephone's for a moment before he turned his attention back to Ra and Zeus, ignoring Hades completely. Horus could be a jerk when he wanted, and this was certainly one of those times.

Zues raised his eyebrows, shaking his head at the documents. "So it has come to this," he grumled, "You went over our heads to get what you wanted? I can easily do the same. I hope you realize this-" He was interupted by a sudden movement to his right. Hades stood up so abruptly, his chair was knocked to the ground. He had both of his hands pressed against the table and his eyes were starting to sowly turn from steel grey to a bright, reddish orange. Smoke rose from the table where is hands were slowly burning into the white table cloth.

"Ra, I suggest you keep this boy's mouth shut, or I will ensure he had a special place in Hell when I'm done with him!" he growled, his eyes narrowing at Horus. Persephone flinched, moving away from him as she felt the head radiating off of his body. She was sure that he would take his anger out on her later if her father dared to turn a blind eye.

"Hades-" she murmured, eyes wide. Something made her want to get his attention away from plotting Horus' death. "Compose yourself... Perhaps continue the meeting tomorrow?"

His blazing eyes looked away from Horus, turning toward Persephone. He clenched his jaw, glaring at her with so much hatred that it made her fear she added to the fire instead of putting it out. "What have I told you? Do not speak unless spoken to."

Persephone nodded, bluhing a little at how she was bing treated in front of strangers. At home, she would have rolled her eyes. But here? She was humiliated. Zues stood from the table with a sigh.

"My daughter is right," Zues said, offering his hand to Ra. "I think we should try this again tomorrow night. My brother is a little testy due to the long plane ride, and I hav to say that I am quite tired myself."

Swallowing, Persephone looked at Horus as she stood and gave him an apologetic look before slipping her hand within Hades' and attempting to lead him out of the room. His palm was hot as a stove, but she was used to it. He through one last glare over at the Egyptians before letting the young woman lead him away.

Seth laughed as Hades walked away, "Lead on by a woman and told what to do be lesser beings!" He pointed at the Greek God of the Underworld.
Ra pulled his hand back. "Enough, Seth. You have no place to say such things."

"Speaking of saying things," Isis, folded her arms across her chest and walked to Horus' side. "What did you say to Hades that enraged him so?"
"The boy put the Greek in his place, nothing more. I've suddenly come to know his worth!" Seth spat.
"I said enough, Seth." The coldness in Ra's voice clamped shut the God of Chaos' mouth. "What did you say to Hades, Horus?"

"Nothing more than he deserved, he assumes too much and dares place his control upon others he knows he has no power over." The young god cross his own arms and looked out onto the horizon.
Isis placed an arm on his shoulder. "You were wrong to-"
Horus shoved it aside, "Why? Why was I wrong, did you see the way he treated that goddess? Why did you not do anything mother? Do not put the blame of this one me, I look for equality for everyone, the way the two of you raised me. So if anything I should be thanked and smiled upon."
"You have never met the Greeks, son." Isis whispered. "They are a different stock than mortals. They are like us."
"Are we not equal?"
"No."
"Who's to say that?"
"Hades is far older than you, you lag behind him only through years on this earth, nothing more. Grow, become smart and powerful, then you may treat him as an equal."
"No." Horus was adamant, he couldn't believe his own mother was talking like this. "No. I'm not going to back down just because he's got a few years on me. He has to know how to treat people."
"What, will you teach him?"
"Yes!"
"Like a dog! Th dog that he damn well is!" Seth laughed.

Horus stormed off back to his room before anyone could speak further. He moved to the table, suddenly overcome by hunger and ravaged the mini-fridge before ordering room-service. It still didn't help. He moved down to the diner within the hotel and ordered as much as he thought he could eat, listening to the music, the chatter of people and the sounds of utensils hitting glass and crystal plates.

Persephone lead a raging Hades up to his room, feeling the heat radiate off of his body. He was mumbling to himself, but the only thing she could make out was the frequent use of curse words. With pursed lips, Persephone loosened his tie and started to unbutton his shirt. It was not in a sexual manner, but in a way to get him comfortable and calm.

"I told you to keep your pretty little mouth shut," he grumbled, turning away from her and swatting her hands away. He plopped down in an armchair and leaned his head on his hand. "Get me a scotch on the rocks, then leave me be."

Normally, she would refuse to wait on his like some kind of slave, but she didn't want to push him. She knew the limits of Hades, and right now, he was on the edge of something terrifying. Walking over to the well-stalked bar, Persephone poured him a drink and handed it to him. He nearly drank it all in one gulp.

"Go on," he muttered, waving her away. And she did, walking out of the room and back over to the elevator. Knowing that her father and uncle were in their rooms for the night, she took advantage of not being missed. With a smirk, she went down to the lobby and started to head forthe door when she recognized someone sitting in the public dining room.

Alone at a table was Horus, the young Egyptian god that came to her defense. Eyebrows knitted together, she took a moment to weight out her options. She could go out on to the streets of France, get a fresh breath of air... Or she could go thank the young man and possibly convince him to join her.

With a few long strides, Persephone made her way over to the table. Her revealing dress caught the eyes of most the men in the room, making them turn to appreciate her beauty. She paid no mind, boldly sitting down across from Horus.

"Dining alone?," she asked, not bothering with a "hello" or a handshake. "I'm sure you do not want my company, but I felt the least I could do was apologize for Hades' behavior. He has a quick temper, and trust me, it's easier to avoid it all together." With a shrug, she offered him a friendly smile. It was as if things like that happened every day, and her casual behavior showed that she was more than used to it. "And I'm Persephone, by the way... You can call me Seph, if you would like."

Only his eyes looked up from the plate of salad he was eating. He took relief that he could now look upon her without having to focus on the bigger issue at hand, she was the bigger issue at hand in this moment. He put his fork down and smiled a little at her. "Possibly dining alone." he said to her. He pushed a full plate of pasta in her direction. It hadn't been touched. Horus had bought more than he could manage and was glad he might not have had to waste some more of the food. "I haven't touched it and it's still very warm. So if you'd be so kind as to keep me company for a while I'd appreciate it."

"I do want your company." Horus said, leaning back in his chair, looking Persephone over quickly before his eyes rested upon her own. He knew she could have his undivided attention for weeks if she wanted to, he wouldn't hesitate to give it. "My name's Hours. Unfortunately we got off to a fairly rough start and to be honest I don't think kindly to your...fiance." He gave her a weary smile. But he enjoyed her company, she seemed down to earth, took the time to apologize to him. Physical attraction aside, Horus wouldn't mind spending time with a woman like this. "Of course I have to wonder how you feel about all of it, in my experience a woman set up for marriage with not a word from her about it is not a happy woman."

Persephone grinned, looking down at the plate of pasta. She was starving, and it didn't take much convincing to grab a fork and did, especially after a waiter brought her a glass of white wine... Horus' easy going personality immediately made her feel like he would not reprimand her for being her self, or worse: tell her father. A smile played on her lips as she chewed, her eyes glancing up at his face.

"Nice to meet you," she murmured, swallowing the small bite of pasta. Reaching over, she put the glass ofwine to her lips and took a sip before continuing. "Hades... He takes getting used to, and believe me, I'm used to it. When we are at home, it's a little different. He's less controlling and I'm less cooperative. Here... It's easier to keep my mouth shut."

Her smile faultered for a moment before she shook the thought from her head and finished off her wine and half of the pasta. When he mentioned her not being happy, her eyes lit up and she let out a little chuckle. "Oh, you obviously do not know much about the Greek. We are old-fashioned and gods as high-ranked as Hades are hardly ever denied what they want. I just happened to be what he had his eyes on, and well, my father as plenty of other daughters. He can spare one, I suppose." Attempting to change the subject, she arched her eyebrow with another retort. "Seth is no better, you know."

"That's true." Horus had sat back and watched Persephone eat, every movement of her body seemed to genuine and planned, each movement of her jaw so accurate. Maybe it was because she was stunningly beautiful. Even if she wasn't Horus might have seen it, he wanted this woman to be beautiful.
Horus shrugged. "But it's not me he wants, there are other things. Seth's a loose cannon, he's always mouthing off to everyone. The trick with him is to not allow him to mouth off to you. You can't give into his demands but you can insult him without him knowing. That's why I spoke to Hades that way. We do speak out minds as well, but when we have had enough with someone we let everyone know. I don't see Hades as a threat, I mean clearly you seem too good for him. I can only imagine he's in your room fuming over how I spoke to him." Horus grinned. "me the young, insignificant insect. His threats are empty, Hades won't have a place for me in the underworld, my brother is the protector of the dead." Despite all of this he continued to smile at Persephone. He just couldn't take his eyes off of her.

He drained his glass of wine. "We're living in a time of change, Persephone, the discussion upstairs is evidence of that. Perhaps tradition is a thing of the past and adaptation to new ways is what you should be looking for. Especially if you live only once, and it's in Paris." He nudged his head to the door. "Care for a walk? I haven't seen the city yet and I hear it's lovely at night."

Persephone looked up at him and smiled, reaching up to tuck a long curl behind her ear. His eyes held a youthfulness that seemed to melt her from the inside out. That quality was hard to come by in their world, and she found herself addicted to it already... Not only that, but he was quite handsome. Really handsome, actually. His tanned skin was forgien to her, and she loved it.

When he said she was too good for Hades, she blushed, looking down at her plate. "Well, he's always owned me. Even in our past lives, he's insisted on keeping me for himself," she whispered, then quickly went to correct him. "And it's not 'our' room. Believe it or not, my father will not let him lay a hand on me. And he hasn't... yet." Tilting her head to the side, she gave him a funny look. Protector of the dead? She supposed she needed to brush up on her Egyptian Mythology... "Hades' threats are anything but empty, Horus. I've seen him do awful things..." A chill ran up her spine, and she reached over to gulp down the rest of her wine.

Looking over to the door that he nodded to, Persephone bit her lip. She was already crossing a line by being down in the dining room with Horus, but leaving the hotel with him? Her father and Hades would be furious... However, she was a stubborn young woman, and the beautiful lights that she could see through the window made her quickly forget of the conseqeunces. Tearing her eyes away from the scenery, she looked at Horus was bright eyes. "I'd love to go on a walk," she murmured.

"Then let's go." He got up and wait for her, pulling bills out of his pocket and throwing them onto the table. It covered the food, drink and tips. "Has he done terrible things to the Egyptian God of War and Hunting?" Horus raised and eyebrow. "I hardly doubt he has." He never stopped smiling at Persephone, confident that he'd be able to take whatever Hades threw at him. "I hardly doubt you came here just to be eye candy for him, Persephone. I mean you don't look like you'd just take everything thrown at you. That's why I asked you if you'd like to go for a walk..." he moved closer to her. "I hear that there are lights in all the trees of the courtyard outside, and that some of the cafes have open tables on the rooftops. I don't know how much of that is true but I'm willing to find out...if you are."

He knew Paris was a beautiful place, though he'd only seen it during the day time. What he wanted was a tour by night, he found that that was when the people's lives actually came out, when they were hiding behind their ornaments, foods and music for the tourists. To see real Parisian life, he had heard, was a great surprise.

Persephone grinned up at him, unable to get used to his unusual energey. She'd spent most of her time with older, serious men and it seemed as if she lost touch with people who still had a youthful state of mind. Everyword he said, she believed in a heart beat. It was too hard to try to argue with his logic, so she went along with it instead. Nodding, she grabbed his hand and started to pull him toward the door. "Well, God of War, you have intrigued me." Smirking, she walked with him out of the lobby, her dress floating behind them and flashing her thigh with every step. Her chin jutted up a little and she shook her head. "No, I'm not the type to take everything throw at me. If I were, I certainly wouldn't be going off with the man my fiance despises most at the moment," she said, "But I must say, it's awfully bold of you to invite the future Queen of the Underworld out for a walk. Aren't you the least bit worried that I might be just as awful as Hades on the inside?" Winking, she gave him a seductive look before turning to look forward. "Some things come in very unexpected packages."

Everything was beautiful from the scenery to the smell of freshly baked bread in the air. It was heavenly, something Persephone had yet to expierience, and she was left wide-eyed. Everything was so lively and whimsical... "I don't think I would mind giving up my title and living out here... Living out my second life as a normal being."

"If you were as awful as your fiance on the inside, well...no, actually I don't believe you are, not totally at least. I mean I can see a fire in you," He grinned, "Though it's not something that would become wild over the littlest things, and there lies the difference between you two." He brought her a little closer as hey walked down stairs made from old, chiseled stone, beneath an arch of trees with lights within them that lit up the path before them.
"You'd give it all up for this land and it's people?" Horus suddenly stopped walking and faced Persephone. "Hm, I find that admirable. Many people desire power and yet here you are...see that proves you're not like Hades at all."

Horus gave her a small tug, ahead of them was a cafe he'd been meaning to go to but never had the chance, the place smelled like they were perpetually cooking fresh French bread. "Tell me, if you had the chance to speak your mind whenever possible in front of anyone you wished would you do it, daughter of Zeus?" He gave her a charming smile, urging her towards the smell of fresh bread and other sorts of baked goods.

Persephone smirked at him, letting him lead her into the small, comfy bakery. The smell was overwhelming, and she found herself inhaling it deperately. Her hand never left his, seekng out its warmth in a way she was no custom to, and she turned her head up to look at him. Why was he so set on insisting that she was nothing like Hades? It was as if he did not want to even think that she could be a bad person; a person who could hurt him in the end. And it was his optimism that lead her to never want to. Horus was already someone that she knew she could never fool, ands he would never want to. He was too genuine to tease and play wih like she did the men at home. His feelings, while completely forgien, meant something to her already. Maybe it was the fact that she couldn't bear to prove him wrong; to prove that she was just was awful as Hades.

"I'm not sure," she answered vaguely, her eyes leaving his to scan the room. "Part of me does, but part of me remembers why I'm not aloud too. There are alot of people who could hurt me, considering I'm not the most powerful Goddess, but perhaps the most wanted. I do not mean that in an arrogant way, mind you. I mean that there are alot of people who would love to use me against my father." Shrugging, she let out a sigh. "But, I have to admit, part of me wishes that I could display myself as somewhat intelligent, not just some kind of eye candy."

Persephone ordered a cup of coffee with cream and sugar, then turned to Horus. Her eyes were brighter than they had been in quite some time. "Tell me Horus, do you not feel the same? Would you not leave all of the power behind for the opportunity to live a life of your choice? Love the woman you wanted to? Become the person you dreamed to be?" Her eyes held flirty gaze, but it was innocent. "Considering you were so late to the meeting..."

"I wasn't that late." he smirked, bringing Persephone to a table and pulling a chair out for her. The entire interior of the building was walled with wood, everything was made of wood within the cafe, while the walls and floor were a lighter, soft, orange/brown color, everything within the area, including tables and chairs were a darker wood. He sat across from Persephone, waiting for a waitress to bring their order, he had gotten a baguette and some coffee. "Just got a little sidetracked on my way there." he grinned. Despite the time there were still quite a few people still here. Horus would have expected more to continue to come in as the people behind the counter continued to bake food.

"To live a life of choice I'd do anything. I think that's the ultimate freedom. If that includes giving up my power then so be it. I'll do it. So yeah, I guess you could say we are the same in that sense. But...I prefer a little challenge, I'd like to find the woman I want and live with her for the rest of my life and still keep my powers. I know that as long as I get he woman I want I'll be able to live the rest of my life comfortably enough. You know what I'm saying?" His eyes sparkled as he watched Persephone closely.

Persephone grinned looking down at her coffee and taking a long sip before glancing back up at Horus. His tanned skin seemed to glow in the lighting of the little bistro, and it left her starting at him with indifference. He seemed so cool and collected.... So young and vivacious... Yet, there was a perfection to his facial features that left her undoubtly knowing he was an important god in Egypt.

Giggling, she threw him and innocent, flirty gaze. "You were late enough," she pressed, giving a shrug. "I don't blame you. If I was not watched every minute of the day, I would have ran off to see the city as well. Probably would have been late myself. However, that's where our lives start to differ greatly." Her lips pressed together and she let out a deep breath. Her blue eyes met his dark orbs, and she never wanted to look away. They were so different compared to the steely gaze of Hades... So, so different. "I know exactly what you mean," she whispered, tilting her head to the side. "Being with whom you really love makes everything else seem a little better... Too bad my fate was sealed in a feild of flowers, hm?" She smirked, then rolled her eyes. "It's not healthy to be so wishful. I'd never get away from Greece. They'd find me. And trust me, I've thought out my escape plan many, many times..."

"Strange, does your father not want to see you happy?" Horus took a sip of his coffee after asking the question. "I don't mean to offend him, it's just that I'm sure every father wants to see his daughter smile, am I right? I can't say I know anything of Zeus, in fact I know next to non about you Greeks, though...with you here, right now...I'm learning quite a bit." Persephone had a way of making him extra comfortable, if it were ay other woman he'd be complimenting her about everything, not acting his true self. With Persephone they seemed to talk about things that mattered in their lives. Perhaps it was because they were both Gods, maybe it was because of something else. One thing Horus was sure about, though, was that he was attracted to her.

"We've still got a few days till the meeting resumes and the hotel and area around it is a nice place, why don't we actually see Paris. You know, start living in this world instead of trying to govern it like the others, how do you feel about that?"

Back
Top Bottom