Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My sister's ex (Candira and Raven)

Candira

Singularity
One step at a time, Rae reminded herself. At the moment, a rather heavy box of stoneware and pans was weighing her down and blocking a good portion of her vision. She managed to make it inside the college townhouse with no major injuries or property damage. Carefully, the redhead navigated into the kitchen and set the box down with a sigh. She took a step back and stretched a little. Her hair was pulled up into a pony tail to keep it out of her face while she hauled in her stuff. She let out a breath and let her bangs flutter with it as her blue eyes took in the healthy set of boxes they had together. In all honesty, it wasn't that much. They didn't have any furniture, just what the college provided. The most they had were a few lamps and maybe some organizers.

And it depressed her that the bed in the room she'd chosen was conspicuously missing thanks to a shipping error. No bed for her tonight--which made her sad. Still a sleeping bag was better than nothing. She wondered if Jake would take pity on her and take turns sleeping in the one they had until hers came. Then again, she didn't feel much like asking him for favors lately. It could have to do with the huge amount of guilt she carried with her.

Rather than think about it, she hauled her ass back out to her car. She got a few cat-calls from the neighbors as they moved in as well. She was a pretty girl, with very nice curves. She wore a white t-shirt and pair of jeans that fit her just right. While her figure wasn't that of a playboy bunny, she had just enough to please the eye and she wasn't afraid to show it off when she felt like it. Today, however, wasn't one of those days. She grabbed another box from her trunk, this one full of bedding for her non-existent one. Sighing, she hauled it up and grabbed a bag full of bathroom stuff before she shut the trunk and went back inside. For not having a lot of stuff, it sure seemed like a lot of trips.

Despite her efforts to chase away her problems with hard work, she couldn't escape the thoughts as she saw Jake making trips of his own. He was cute in that emo sort of way, and she'd always had a secret weakness for emo boys. But he was generally a happy guy, so bonus! It wasn't hard to be friends with him, which made the distance she'd recently put between them even more awkward. Then again, he'd dated her sister, Salina, for four years. Things were bound to be awkward after he'd found out Salina had been cheating on him. Of course, Rae had found out first and debated internally over whether she should tell Jake. He didn't believe her when she said it. He played it off like it was a joke. And then, he found out the hard way that it had been the ugly truth.

Of course, there was something that she was rather guilty of herself. Something she couldn't quite forgive herself for, and she wasn't sure he'd forgive her for either. She put the box of bedding and the bag of bathroom stuff away before rushing out to her car so she could finish hauling faster and maybe not have to deal with Jake alone for awhile. He'd mistaken her for her sister one night in the dark. It was no secret to Rae that Salina and Jake had had sex before. In fact, she'd covered for them a few times. But this particular night, Salina was out of the house--snuck out to see her guy on the side. To cover for her, Rae had decided to sleep in her bed. Lying there in the dark, she hadn't expected Jake to knock on the window softly and slip in. He was gentle and kind and in the dark, she looked enough like her sister to pass. She was friends with him--good friends. She'd had a crush on him since forever.

It was no excuse--Rae knew what she'd done was wrong, but when his arms slipped around her like that...when his lips met her soft skin, she couldn't help herself. She needed to know how it felt. She kept telling herself she would stop him after just a few more touches...but she couldn't do it. He was so good, so gentle. When he snuck back out, he thought he was leaving his girlfriend behind...If only. Now she carried that guilt with her. She'd tricked him in a manner of speaking, betrayed her sister, and let him continue thinking it was Salina. Since then, she couldn't quite face him. And the thing was....it happened just after she'd told him about her sister's betrayal of his trust. God, he would hate her. She felt a little like crying...but sick too. Whenever she thought of it. Maybe she should just tell him tonight? They couldn't switch roommates now, but they could put in the paperwork later, and sleeping on the floor would be the least of her worries... but still he deserved to know, didn't he?

Sighing, she hauled a few more boxes out of her car and back to the house, hoping to God he wouldn't catch wind that something was wrong.

Four years, four years wasted! Well it had been wasted in terms of a relationship where he had himself completely wrapped around the little finger of some tart that strung him along for those very four years until they graduated. He was even told that his girl was cheating on him, by her sister no less! Did he believe her no; it was too absurd that his girlfriend of that number of years could have the slightest possibility of cheating on him. What did he do when he was told? He laughed outright laughed! Granted in his defense it was April first and it was a funny ‘joke’ to him; at least that was until he found out the truth a month later at their graduation ceremony.

The entire summer was hell for him. Having to pack his property and wait on the acceptance letter for his college, all on a broken heart. Then there was the fact he had to face her one last time to get his stuff from her house. Why he hadn’t asked her sister to bring it to him was beyond his comprehension at that given date. But now having time to reflect on it, all the signs were there were there not? She had found excuses not to spent time with him when in the beginning she had made any and every excuse for them not to be apart. Maybe it was a style choice? He had started dressing in the ‘emo’ attire for the past year finally finding his own sense of fashion. Perhaps Salina hadn’t liked that about him, but she never complained about it. If it really was a petty as fashion wouldn’t she have just come out and say it.

Half way through the summer though he had made it a determined goal to get over her and the crap she has pulled with him. Okay so yes Jake was a bit emotional over the break up and finding out the truth about his ‘perfect’ girlfriend the hard way. Now let’s not misunderstand this. Jake wasn’t emotional like the clothing hinted at, no not all. Jake was furious. He burnt mostly everything that reminded him of her. Pictures and even a few CDs he had made that he was going to give to her, not to mention just to piss her off cut up her favorite shirt that he had swiped from her a few years back. No Jake’s clothing didn’t define him; he himself defined his own character.

Now here he was two weeks before the college term began and a new chapter in his life, and guess what he was roomed with Rae. They had a decent friendship since he had been dating his sister for all those years. That did turn out to be a bit of luck that they had both been granted the house, and from what they guessed that it was all to themselves. It seemed that there weren’t many people that wanted to live on campus these days, or rather didn’t want anything but a normal dorm room. So here he was unloading his truck from the moderate number of boxes he had packed from his family’s house to bring with him. He had already taken in his game systems and set it in the living room area. And now he was setting up a nice pile of boxes in the living area for his bed room. After all moving things at once made it easy to sort than organize, unlike the alternate that most believed. Once his boxes were in the living room he began setting them about their designated area.

The living room things such as the movies and games were left in their box for last things to unpack. But the majority of it was for the room of his actual room. Items such as his desktop pc, since he hadn’t the money for a laptop just yet would be put on the desk that came with the bedroom. There were other things like bedding, special sports team pillows, and a throw that the high school had sold in their student store for school spirit, this would most likely adorn the bed, and if not draped over the chair in the room; maybe even hanging as a curtain for the window, he wasn’t sure just yet. One thing he loved about this place was that on the campus tour he loved that there was a pool in their back yard, and a nice high fence for privacy. This house was indeed a treasure in its own right amid the huge campus and what it had to offer.

Now with everything that was going on he hadn’t really stopped to talk to his friend since he started unpacking, that was aside from saying hello and a minor ‘how are you’ conversation. After all they had to get settled so they could better acquaint themselves with the living situation and then establish any additional ground rules for the house; not counting the law and campus code of conduct. A good hour and a half passed by without him realizing before he was finished setting up his room. Now all that was left was for them both to tidy up the living area with a combination of their property. The TV was a decent size and there was plenty of shelf space for all the games plus movies, not to mention whatever she might have brought with her. Al that was left now was to sit there unpack the last few boxes, well yeah pretty much since he was pretty sure he was as acquainted with his roommate as he could be. He brushed his Dark black hair from his face it showing a bit of the red undertones and the tips off in the lighting of the house. Though it was unintended as a flaunt it was merely just to push the shoulder length hair from his pale blue eyes.

It took Rae at least another hour before she had everything out of her car and put away. Clothes came first, then books and toiletries for her bathroom. She took care to put her movies and things away while he was busy elsewhere, wanting to put off being in the same room with him alone for as long as possible. She unpacked her Wii, leaving it on her desk to hook up later. When she was finished, her bedding was still in its own little box, the rest were taken out to the curb. Her dishes had been put away already--another pocket of time when he was not there.

Finally, she ran out of excused to stay away, so she came out of her room and collapsed onto the couch. "Well, I think I'm all moved in... Looks like I get the floor tonight," she said with just the trace of a pout. After all, it was unbecoming to sulk. She saw him run his fingers through his hair and felt guilty that she was instantly attracted to him again. "Anyway, we're all moved in. Want to order a pizza? Or maybe Chinese? I'm actually kind of feeling Chinese," she said, rambling just a little, hoping to get him to say something to her. Maybe if she kept the focus on normal things, he wouldn't think of her sister.

As he pulled out the playstation2 Jake heard her flop down on the couch. She had been talking about what food they could order and how she wanted Chinese. “That sounds good to me.” He said softly referring to her choice of food for the evening. He pulled the cords from the box and then the games from the first box. He had a variety of playstation two games but there were even more playstation one games as well. His games ranged from roleplaying to a few minor sports games. Most of them where the Final fantasy games, and even one titled Legend of Dragoon which he had set down before hooking the system to the TV.

The next box was slightly more antiquated; a Nintendo 64, the final of the cartridge games before Sony had released its cd based gameplay. This again had a variety of games of all types though he never played it too much. He didn’t hook the 64 up to the TV but moved to the final box, which held a total of twenty games just for this ‘classic’ system. The super Nintendo was pulled out and set on the floor as well. It was going to be tricky tying this one in as it didn’t have a video port like the other two. “You don’t have to sleep on the floor I can take the couch tonight, unless you want to try and share a bed? We are good friends after all. Unless you don’t trust me in that way?” The comment wasn’t meant to trap her and he had offered more than one option. Truth was he didn’t know if the heat in the house worked properly or not yet.

In truth, Rae hadn't given the heating a thought as she'd gotten everything inside. What she had thought was that she was hot now. She closed her eyes and sighed. So he was being nice to her--of course he was. He was always nice to her. It was one of the many reasons she felt so very guilty and yet still so attracted to him. "Well, there's no need for you to sleep on the couch. I'll take it. I mean, I have a sleeping bag--it's lined. I'll be fine," she said with a little smile. "I trust you, Jake. It's just that I'm not really used to sleeping with someone else. I might kick you in your sleep or snore really loud or something," she said, already embarrassed. And by her own doing--the irony was not lost on her.

"Need any help getting set up?" she asked, watching him patiently go through the cords and start organizing the different counsels he'd brought with him.

He continued to move things around taking them out of the boxes and then set the empty boxes to the side. “Well I can sleep on the couch I don’t mind.” He said pushing the final box away looking over what he had sprawled out along the floor. When she offered her help he nodded. “This is our place after all. I don’t want to monopolize the space.” He sorted the playstation games a bit more not really worried about their title more their Genre and put them on the shelf nearby. “What’s a few bruises?” he asked in a soft teasing manner. “I’d rather be black and blue then not be the man my mother raised me to be.” A soft laugh came from his lips as he set the next handful of playstation games on the shelf. “No Rae you my Dear are sleeping on the bed.” He pulled his cell phone from his pocket and looked at the time. “What time did you want the food by?” He wasn’t sure how late the stores were open around here, and it wasn’t too far into the afternoon just yet, though he was fairly sure he’d have to find a place nearby. After all it might have been his home state but he was clear on the other end of it, and didn’t know where anything was.

She smiled softly as he so easily brushed aside her concern for his well-being and simultaneously put himself on the couch. Well, she couldn't let him do that. It didn't seem fair to her, especially after everything that had happened between them. The fact that he called her "dear" on top of his decision just about made her want to confess everything. Rae sighed softly and came down to the floor with him to help him set up some of his stuff, plugging here and tugging there to make sure it all went smoothly.

When he asked about the food she smiled. "I was thinking about an hour? I can grab a phone book from the kitchen--there was one in the drawer--and we can see what's around that sounds good," she offered, standing up again.

“Okay, that sounds good to me.” He said softly “I’m not sure if you like any of these but feel free to help yourself. Only thing I ask is if you have friends come over, that is when we find new friends. They don’t touch them. I trust you just not other people.” He hoped he wasn’t being rude about it after all; the last person he trusted fully was her sister and she ripped his heart out. Not her though she never hurt him, although he did feel guilty about laughing in her face when she tried to warn him. “Hey; um, Rae? I never did apologize for laughing at you when you warned me.” He kind of trailed off not really wanting to remember the situation that had taken place. It still haunted him a bit, and he hated how she had been so heartless at the breakup. “I thought it was an April fool’s joke. I’m sorry.”

And there it was--the thing that made her want to just spill her guts was squeezing her heart. She turned to face him, sadness and guilt written all over her face. The game stuff was a given and she'd agreed readily, but this stopped her in her tracks. Immediately, she came to his side and sat next to him, ready to just tell him what had happened. "It's not your fault. I chose a really horrible time to do it," she said starting up. "I hope you know, though. I care about you too much to lie to you about something like that..." she held his gaze, hoping that he would get that she just wanted to put it behind them.

Rae had mentioned when she had originally told him that her sister had been cheating for months. It appeared she still carried the guilt of knowing for that time frame and choosing to hide it. He smiled once she reached his side and smiled even more warmly as she told him she cared about him too much to lie about something that important. “It’s nice to know there’s at least one person I can trust fully.” He gave her a soft kiss on the forehead and hugged her. “At least you had the decency to try to warn me.” He pulled away with the warm smile contrary to what his fashion sense had said about him. She looked like her sister, yes that was true but that wasn’t how he seen her. She was nothing like her sister, her eyes had a nicer color to them a color of honesty, and her hair seemed more vibrant. Maybe it was that innocence, perhaps if he hadn’t run into her sister first he might have gotten with Rae instead of Salina.

She blushed and her brain shut down the instant he kissed her forehead. When she was in his arms she just barely managed to reciprocate, her own moving around him as well. She felt guilt for what had happened, and more guilt for feeling as though she wanted to stay in his arms. She wasn't sure how much longer she could put up with this secret. She smiled back at him, unable to help herself when she saw him that way. He was handsome and kind and smart, and she wanted very much to go back in time and prevent him from getting the wrong idea about who was in bed with him. But looking into his eyes, she just didn't think she could do it...at least not now.

"I'm glad you trust me, Jake. And I trust you, too." God she wanted to tell him. Could she do it?

Thank god she had understood it would have been hell for him if he had to continuing thinking about what could happen if she wasn’t ready to forgive him yet. He smiled and pulled away. “Come on we should probably finish up so we can find a place to eat in the next fifty minutes.” Chances were they were going to have to drive at least twenty minutes for find a nice place. After all it was their first night living on campus, and had a week to go before the term started so why not live it up just a bit before their time got limited? Granted He wasn’t old enough to drink yet, but someone at college always had some form of booze on hand; not that he was looking for such a thing. Now he was thinking more of a nice friendly meal with his friend of four long years; maybe even some movies once they got back. Either way he had hoped for a good night as well as a good start to his new life as a college student.

She felt relieved and disappointed all at once as he pulled away from her. But there was that smile she liked so much. It was hard to deny him anything with that smile. "Okay then, let's get this finished up and get out of here." She smiled back and then went back to work, making sure all of the cords were plugged in and the games were safely stashed. She made sure everything was in its proper place, letting herself forget for just once how awful she was to walk around as though nothing had happened. He hadn't done anything wrong. It was just her, after all. No need to deny him friendship. So she smiled and forced her guilt to the back of her mind as she got ready.

Before they left, she dabbed on some perfume to freshen up a bit and got her purse too. "Alright, who's driving?" she asked, coming out of her bedroom, keys in hand in case it was her.

He nodded and got back to work finishing quickly, and almost in unison with her. He went to change his shirt since he had been sweating in that one during the unpacking. Granted he gave himself a few pumps from his cologne bottle to give himself a better smell. He came out with his keys just in case she didn’t feel like driving, but his logic was hers was the better choice. He checked himself over making sure he had everything he needed, his wallet, keys, and sunglasses. “Well I was hoping we could use your car but I’ll drive. Gas is still a bit pricy. And I can put more in yours for a better price.” His clean shirt was a black tank top and it went well with the black emo style pants.

She wore the same shirt, but she felt a little awkward when he came in with a clean one. Then again, he looked very nice...And now he was speaking. What? "Oh, sure. We'll take mine. Did you say you wanted to drive?" She asked, pulling out her keys and auto-starting her car. She grabbed a zip-up hoodie on her way out and slipped it over her shoulders, handing him the keys to her car.

"Alright. Let's head for down town. There should be something somewhere," she said optimistically. She felt tired all the sudden.

“I can drive if you want me to.” Jake said softly taking the keys from her. Although he wasn’t entirely sure where everything in the car was located he was sure he’d figure it out. As they went out towards the car he made sure to lock the house4 behind him and made especially sure that he didn’t accidentally put the car in gear as he was getting in. There had been a few stories he had heard about the auto start cars and it mostly dealt with a child playing around and putting the car into gear without knowing what he was doing. He took a few additional minutes to locate the hazards, the emergency brake, and to double check that it wasn’t a manual transmission. Once he was sure he was competent enough with her car he backed it up slightly before pulling away from the curb.

The trip downtown only took about a half hour, mainly because he mistakenly took a wrong turn at their off-ramp. Once they had found the place it was considered dinner time for most of the food industry, which wasn’t really an issue to him or anything he had plenty; although he wasn’t searching for anything too fancy. It caught his eye about seven tenths of a mile back and now he was only looking for a place to turn around. Five minutes later Rae and he were inside the Chinese buffet, for inner prices they weren’t bad either having only been a total of about seventeen dollars. It wasn’t something like a deli where you ordered a sub, but it was still nice enough for them to sit in and have a nice conversation until they were ready to leave. This gave them a good bit of time to converse as well as get their fill on the food that had been provided by the establishment for their patronage.

Having not known exactly how hungry Rae might have been, but he knew he hadn’t eaten since the night before and he was pretty famished. Once they had paid he grabbed the plate at the buffet and filled it with some orange chicken, and some sweet and sour shrimp. Even though he was hungry enough to gorge himself on the food he made sure that he was at least nice enough to be pleasant company, even though they had eaten together before. He would occasionally ask her a question. One in particular had him wondering on how her family had been right before they left, and what her sister thought about them going to the same college. Salina had hurt him deeply but at the same time he wasn’t the heartless ex that didn’t care about anyone. Then again maybe it was a sore subject for Rae, he never really thought to ask her how she felt about her sister after what had been done.

Rae let him drive, amused at the way he took so much time to be careful with her car. It was kind of cute the way he was super careful. Of course, neither of them were really paying attention right away to the exits, and they missed the one they wanted, which resulted in many an effort to get back on track. When they finally got to the down town area, Rae was starving. Her stomach grumbled as they pulled up to the Chinese place, and again as they came inside and paid.

Finally, she found a booth, ditched her stuff and went with him for a plate loaded with food. She scooped up orange chicken, fried rice, some lo mein, and general tso's chicken. It was all neatly arranged on her plate, but it wouldn't stay that way for long. She dug in with him, focused on her food, but she managed to do so in a way that was both polite and neat. It came with a good deal of practice.

She smiled at him as they made small talk and worked their way through the first plate. She had to stop though, as he asked about Salina's opinion of them going to the same college. In all honesty, Salina hadn't given much thought to Jake since they'd broken up. She was at her own college, and frankly, she was more interested in the boys there. But she couldn't say that to Jake. She'd have to find a way to diplomatically get it out. Still, of all the things her sister had done--and she'd done plenty--she hated what she'd done to Jake the most.

"Well, Salina's pretty focused on school now that it's started. I think she was okay with it, but she doesn't really have much say anyway. I believe the words, 'that's nice' were uttered." She shrugged. "Anyway, I'm glad that we're at the same college. I like knowing that I'll always have someone to talk to," she said with a little smile. And then she went back to her food, waiting until they had more before she got to asking him something she'd been curious about.

"I know it's not really my place to ask...but how are you doing now that she's gone?"

He continued to eat while she explained. He should have seen the question coming but he wasn’t entirely prepared for it. He took another bit so he could think about how he should actually reply with it. He could take the high road which would have been somewhat truthful in saying he was glad he wasn’t dating her anymore for the various reasons. Then there was the alternate road where he could Bash her sister into the ground and continue to hold the grudge he had. Neither were very pleasant thoughts really. He was glad to be rid of the lying bitch, but he didn’t want to be stuck in a hateful place, nor did he want to brush it off as it was nothing to him.

He finished the bite and sat the fork down. “Well she’s gone, pretty much out of my life now I guess. I mean Yes she’s your sister, and I don’t want to be mean. She wasn’t exactly the best girlfriend certain things she did annoyed me but I still loved her. I’ll be honest I wasn’t too thrilled with how it ended, and you know how well cruel I can be with words regarding that. I suppose you could say the healing process has started and is almost over, though who knows how long the bit of disdain will last towards her. Guess her bedside manner while I was sick could have tipped me of a bit more, but oh well I was stupid.”

She watched him, still eating as well, finding herself focusing too much on how handsome he was. When he started to speak again, however, she forced herself to focus. Honestly, Rae had sort of been thinking he would either refuse to answer or just trash her sister. If she were really being honest with herself, she probably would have done so if she were in his position. Kudos to him for having some restraint. She appreciated it. Smiling softly, she let out a little sigh.

"It's not that you were stupid, really. It's that you had faith in someone because you thought she loved you." She smiled softly. "You didn't do anything wrong...aside from maybe not listening to me, but in all fairness, I chose a horrible time to tell you." She pushed around some rice before scooping it up. "I guess what I'm trying to say is, as much as I love my sister, I'm pretty much on your side." With that, she started eating again, hoping to stop herself from asking more awkward questions.

He finished his food and then went to retrieve more from the buffet. Truth was he was really hungry just like she was and he was going to put away at least two plates and take one home with him. While he was up getting his food he was debating on his next question though he didn’t want to pry but he knew little about her. He figured it was probably better if he just asked something simple. Once he sat back down he took a few bites of the newly filled plate.

After a moment of more thought and food chewing, he finally decided to ask. “Um I know this might sound weird, but we never really talked to much about you. I mean you know how long your sister and I have dated, she’s probably told you something, though I can’t imagine what. Well I guess what I’m trying to ask is what would you have done if you were in your sisters place. I mean I doubt you’d be one to cheat, but I don’t know either.”

She was just about to get up and get another plate herself when he came back and dropped the bomb that was his self-doubt. Pausing, she could tell he wanted to hear that what happened wasn't his fault--much like she'd just done. But it was different because he was asking for her opinion as a woman, not as his friend. Specifically, he was asking for Salina's opinion, had she not turned out to be a cheating bitch. Was that maybe a bit harsh? Yes, but as she had stated before, she was on Jake's side of this argument.

"Well...I'm not sure if you've noticed this or not, but my sister and I are nothing alike. It's really hard for me to get into her head sometimes. I don't really understand a lot of the things she's done, so it's really difficult for me to say what I would have done if I were her. But I can tell you that no one who was as good to me as you were to my sister would have deserved to be taken advantage of like that." She smiled and shrugged. "I certainly wouldn't have strayed, but I'm not her, either." She shrugged and stood up, leaving for the buffet again, taking her sweet time to get there.

"You did just say that didn't you? I'm sorry." he mused slightly. "I tend to have minor depression where i could swear it's somehow my fault." He took another bite of his food trying to get his mind off his own doubt and back onto a decent conversation. "So what are you planning in majoring in?" A better conversation that thinking on the past. Perhaps this would would help them get a bit closer as friends and find out if they might have any of the same classes together.

When Rae got back from the buffet again, she smiled as he told her what had been bothering her. Rather than sit on her own side, she sat on his and put her feet up, stretching under the table across the booth. Her blue eyes caught his and she patted his shoulder reassuringly. "No way. Not your fault." And with that, she went back to her food until he mentioned majors. She swallowed what was in her mouth and smiled. "Well, I was thinking of majoring in English--some kind of writing. Technical writing seems pretty profitable. But I could always branch out to the creative side," she said with a smile. "What about you?"

Damn his food was good, how long had it been since he had this four months? He ate as he listened nodding while he chewed his food. English was indeed a good subject, it meant more job opportunities as well as many different positions. His on the other had was a more secluded idea, but he really didn't think that he would do well in any other field. And who knows maybe if she did branch into the creative she might be able to help him with one of his ideas.

He finished the bites and smiled "That certainly sounds better then the graphic design I picked. Then again I know I want something with a bit of photography too, just to be safe." He took another quick bite his appetite demanding the action. once it was down he continued to tell her how he loved certain types of video games and how well the graphics had caught his attention. It wasn't just the games though he enjoyed all kinds of art, which again was a massive contradiction to his clothing choice. But it was true he liked vibrant works of art, but he really enjoyed the darker themed images such as something vampiric, or sinister. Even the Victorian Gothic dress of the medieval era for the eastern countries had him fascinated.

"It might be more practical than graphic design, but I don't know if it's actually better," she said with a chuckle, digging into her new plate like the starving. She had a huge plate, and she might have felt bad about it if she didn't have a super fast metabolism. Besides, she'd earned it after the moving in. "At least you'll always have a job as a photographer, though."

She smiled as she ate and listened to him talk. God he had such a nice voice. Just a little sexy edge to it, but still warm and friendly. And she enjoyed learning more about him from himself, not just what her sister had told her or she had overheard...or eavesdropped to learn. He'd simply demanded her attention, and she merely responded to the need with one of her own. No denying she was flawed in more than one way, but she didn't usually gain much. This was much better.

She chatted with him about games she enjoyed playing herself, as well as different types of art and photography in general. It was nice to just enjoy his company for a change, instead of feeling guilty or overly nervous that her sister would come in and ruin the moment.

Somehow, she got through her plate and sat back, just talking to him now.

Back
Top Bottom