Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I feel like I'm going to ask a silly question

upndown

Meteorite
(please forgive me if this is in the wrong place; I had no idea where else this might go)

Yet, in my mind, I know it's not silly.

Let me preface by saying I've been rping since 1996 or so. As I mentioned in my intro thread, I'm an AOL refugee. Anyone who's ever rped there and visited recently has probably noticed it's all elitists and DBZ (which believe me, I'm knocking it in any way. I happen to be a One Piece fan myself). I left around 2007 due to work commitments and personal reasons (real life got in the way).

When I returned, I discovered everything had changed. Many of the people I met and made friends with had pretty much given up. I had one friend who has over the years kept in contact, so that's always good. But even he is having a hard time keeping up via IMs, especially with a myriad of health problems.

So I find myself craving RP. Some days, especially when life has decided to kick me in the butt, I need it just to not think about life for a few hours.

However, I find myself with one problem - I feel so terrified that I'm going to be made fun of, or not good enough. That I'll bore people and what we've worked towards will languish.

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who feels this way and that there is a way to get over this. It's pretty much what's kept me from jumping into anything here or anywhere for that matter. I guess I'm forum shy, if that could be a term.

Gonna move this to journals.

However, I think you should just be true to yourself and not let whatever anyone else says bother you. Have some confidence.

A lot of people feel this way, not just about role playing, its natural to fear rejection. What i think you should do is post a simple request thread, what's the worst that could happen? You don't get many replies. In the other hand you could meet the best rp partner you've ever had.

Everyone feels this fear, I'm sure. I can tell you that your post above isn't anything I'd make fun of. You seem to be very literate, without being an elitist. I'm sure many people would love to rp with you.

If they make fun of you, they weren't worth your time to begin with!

Back
Top Bottom