Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bending the Rules (Frungallo and Shards)

Mitch blinked for a sec, hearing the phone hang up. He shrugged and hopped out of 'bed', getting a white shirt and his black jacket back on. He seemed to dress like he was at work all the time, mentally the job never ended. He walked outside of his little house and started up his ride. It was a piece of crap, sometimes it wouldn't start up, sometimes the radio wouldn't work, sometimes it'd be the best drive ever. It worked like a charm this time as he drove into the city. The traffic seemed to be light this afternoon, he wanted to think this day would be a good one, but he trained himself not to get his hopes up. Pulling into the rather large lot of the penthouse, he killed his car and stepped out looking a bit more perked up than before. He walked to the door, blinking at it for a moment. "How does this crap work again?" He murmured as he looked at what seemed to be a radio on the side. He pressed a button on it, thinking she'd get on the line or something.

Alexa heard the buzz of her door as she started there she moved to the screen that allowed her to see who it was. She gave a smirk as he looked confused as she pressed the button she started to speak into the screen. "When you hear the buzz come on in. Its the top floor, when you get into the elevator the code to get to the floor is 321" she said to him before pressing the button that gave the front door a buzz and unlocked it. She held it until she saw him go inside before letting it go and heading to make sure she didn't look like shit. It was then she realized that she hadn't changed from the clothes she had on during the attack.

Mitch blinked when he heard her voice, rubbing his eyes and nodded. "Righto then" He mumbled, walking into the elevator and punching the top floor button. When asked for a password, he quickly punched in '321'. 'Rather easy password' he thought, thinking he should suggest changing it. Whenever the elevator opened, he sauntered in with an impressed look on his face. He looked around and whistled, smirking. "Nice place you got here Alexa, you work in the force because?" He asked jokingly, looking at her and seeing her attire unchanged. For some reason he wondered if she'd showered or not. Blood wouldn't exactly be the ideal scent he'd want on his body. "I see you haven't changed, or showered, eesh."

Alexa looked to him as she heard the whistle and then the jokes. She shook her head to him as she heard him go serious as he asked about her changing and if she showered. "Can't shower right now and changing really kinda hurts so no I've not" she stated as it was the truth. She wished her father had brought her fresh clothes while she was in the hospital but it was his way of punishing her past the lecture. "The food should be here soon" she said and just as she said that she heard the buzz and with a smile she pulled out money and started to the elevator. "I'll be back" she said to him though she wasn't sure just how much she could get up on her own as she had ordered a good amount.

Mitch shrugged. "Sounds about right. I'm surprised you're walking around, the wound looked very deep" He said, looking her over. He was mostly scanning the wound, but the rest of her was starting to catch his eyes. Hell even her voice was starting to sound good to him. Looks were one thing, but there was nothing quite like a soothing voice. He immediately searched for a place to sit, finding an uninhabited couch. Normally he'd plop down on it, but he respected her property more than his own. Carefully sitting down, he snuggled up to it, slowly shutting his eyes. "Mmmn...alright...take your time" He responded, forgetting he was hungry for a moment. However a loud growl in his stomach was an annoying reminder.

As she heard him say he was shocked she was walking she actually found just how high her pain level was for her. Though as she started down getting to the door and pay for the food she had the Delivery guy to place all the food in the elevator as she figured it would be easier like that. Once she had everything she headed up to the floor and then call out for Mitch. "Hey come help get the stuff" she said a she picked up one of the bags of food while she had a second bag of food and third bag of drinks waiting. "Might want to be quick" she said as she was keeping her back on the door of the elevator so it didn't close.

His nose started to grasp the scent of delicious Mexican food. His eyes started to flicker open, his tongue slowly sliding upon his lips. Food, good food, was in his grasp. He jumped out the couch and quickly darted to the elevator, picking up both bags with ease. He quickly went into the kitchen and started taking everything out, much like a child would in search for his happy meal. Before he cracked open into his food however, he stopped himself, turning to her with a happy smile. "Thank you very much for the food Alexa." He said happily.

As he got the food and headed to the kitchen she did the same as she put it down she started to take everything out. "No prob. Figured it the least i could do for getting us put on the robbery cases" she stated as she knew he had a passion for the murder cases. Though as she found her stuff to eat she made her plate and then headed into the living room to her comfy recliner chair and laid back a little as she didn't use her wounded arm that much at all seeming to keep her good arm the only one doing anything. Still she seemed like this was nothing out of the normal for her as she started to eat the cheese quasadeas (Can't spell) and the mexican rice she had as well.

He started to take his food out as well, seeing the steak and chicken quesadillas (Bleh I can't spell it either) he ordered. He didn't move to the couch with her, mainly since they'd be touching if they were so close. "It's gunna take more than some food to make me forget that" He said, sounding a bit upset before taking a bite. "Mmmh! This is freakin' delicious....what were we talking about again?" He asked, winking at her as he continued to eat. He was eating fast, about as fast as someone in the military. He knew he should have taken it slow, mostly because he wouldn't get food like this in a long time, but it was so delicious to him. With all the 'mmmm's coming out of his mouth, you'd think he was getting a bit more pleasure than one would think from this.

From time to time as she ate when she would hear his moans from eating the food she would stop and stare a little as she couldn't believe he was doing that yet she said nothing and would look away the moment he looked to her. She guessed that he just wasn't use to this level of good food. Though as she ate she had to agree the place she ordered from was one of the best Mexican restaurants in the city so she was quite pleased as she ate the food. Even more so she was happy to hear that he was going to let it go for what she did at least for now.

In a moments notice he was already done with his food, leaning back and patting his stomach. He turned his head to her, noticing she still had a lot of her food left. Feeling like a glutton he turned away, taking a sip of his drink. He was honestly confused of what to do now, mostly because he knew so little about her other than she was cold at first. "So uh.....How bout them Yankees?" He asked. Anyone who knew him would know this was his way of saying 'alright I have no clue what to talk about, make a topic'.

As he started to talk she could tell he wasn't sure what to talk about. "There not too bad not a big baseball fan though" she said to him as she was actually close to finishing up her own meal. "Did you like the food?" she asked him as she had actually bought some for him to take home with him. "If you did you can take some of the second bag to eat later" she said to him as she started to stand from her seat and head to the kitchen to clean up a little.

A sigh escaped his lips, rather used to people getting what he meant with that. "Neither am I, Alexa." he murmured. He stood from his chair, thinking the convo would go nowhere and he should leave. However he would feel bad just coming over to eat then leaving. "The food was delicious, thanks. You really didn't have to though" He said, rubbing the back of his head. He was starting to feel tired again, and the fact that he was full wasn't helping at all. "I really don't know if I should, I mean..." he was about to deny the food. But something clicked, telling him to accept whatever she was willing to give. "I supposed I could take it.." He said, looking her over as she walked into the kitchen. He started to notice her curves a bit, his eyes quickly scanning to make things not at all obvious.

Alexa felt like an idiot as she stood there packing what she would keep away. She hadn't thought this all the way through as she gave a sigh. "Yeah go ahead take it Its the least I can do" she said as she started towards her bedroom. "I'm going to jump in the shower. Feel free to make yourself at home. You can play the game system there all you want" she said to him with a soft smile as she felt that she should entertain him while he was there. "You can do whatever you like" she said as she knew that this would be something as she headed in her room to get undressed. Her arm stung as she moved it to get out of the clothes yet as she finished undressing she wished that she had taken her pain meds before trying this. Still she pushed on and headed towards the shower. She knew that she had to be careful not to put too much water on the wound as she washed she kept the water off her body and just used a washcloth to make sure that she didn't get it. Washing her hair was hard as she couldn't bring both arms up to do it so once again stuck doing it one handed. By the time she finished it had been twenty minutes of her in the shower. Still she had to dry off and get dressed again. As she did so putting on a tank top and just some pj bottoms as she knew that she wouldn't be leaving until the next day if that. As the chief was still thinking of keep her off duty until she was fully cleared though he knew if he did that then she would just come in anyway.

Mitch started putting up what he would take home. "Alright, thanks for the grub" He said as he took a seat on the couch. "Trust me, I think I'll be plenty entertained. Take your time" He said with a smile, firing up the game and making himself at home. It took him about ten minutes to fall to sleep, his previous dream creeping back on him. Whenever she exited the shower, he was on the couch, his face looking very distressed as he slept. "Ngh..leave me....alone" He groaned before jumping awake, holding his chest as he panted. He turned his head to her, blushing a bit and looking away. "Sorry, I got tired, figured I'd nap." He said.

As she walked into the room seeing him sit up with a jump she wasn't sure what to think at the moment. "If you wish to sleep there is a guest bedroom upstairs your free to take it anytime you want to crash here" she said to him as she really didn't like what she had just seen. "Bad dreams though?" she asked him as she was a little worried if this was really getting to him. He really did seem to take everything to heart and while that was good sometimes it wasn't.

(Sorry a little writers block on this one)

He looked at her for a moment, then looked away. "I don't think I'll be sleeping for a while, but thank you for the offer. I..." He really started to wonder if he should just let it out to her. Just to tell her what plagued his mind for so long. After a moment of thinking he decided, eh, what the hell. "I've been having these terrible dreams lately, about my previous partners. I've seen a lot of team mates die, very very horribly at that. It just stuck to me, made me think it was my fault they were dead. I went solo for a while but for some reason I couldn't solve cases that way, then you came along and first case, this happens. I just..." He sat back and placed his hand on his forehead. "I don't know if this is worth it anymore. Killers are getting good, and I'm losing way too many friends. I'm terrified that it's all going to make me go insane one day."

As she listened she wasn't sure what to do yet taking a seat she gave a sigh. "Well first off what happened today or last night whatever . . . that was my fault. I over estimated the guy. He was clearly stronger than I was and I still thought him stupid enough to just run. I didn't think he would try to kill me to cover it up. The fact of it is I was still strong enough to win this time. I thought having you with me would blow my bluff. Next time I'll just tell you to nod your head and look pretty okay?" she said to him the last part a joke to try and cheer him up. Look I was only tired that was why I passed out not from blood loss or anything like that. The adrenaline had worn out and I passed out simple as that. I was no where near losing my life over this wound. Just looks scary I promise" she said as she actually gave him a pat on the back though when she did she went pale. She was trying to transfer his fears to herself so he could at least sleep. Only she forgot just how weak she was with the power as she swayed a little after words.

The pat on the back was a risky move. The fears he had were horrific, maimed bodies of his partners. Some were even on top of him, eating him and blaming him for their deaths. It helped him though. He looked a lot less tense than before. "Hmn...alright that can work." He turned to her, giving her a happy smile. He noticed her swaying and was about to reach for her, but he remembered not to touch so he backed off. "You alright Alexa? You look more tired than I am" He said jokingly. He started looking her over again, blushing, his eyes not as swift as before and she could probably notice he was checking her out.

(urghshort)

Alexa was grateful when he didn't touch her. She felt as though she had taken enough off him as she looked to him hearing his worry she found if anyone worried over like he did then maybe at some point she could tell him. "Yeah . . . I'm fine. Just got a little light headed. Just need some water" she said as she moved herself towards the kitchen. As she sorted out the mess of his fears she got her a glass and tried to calm herself down. "Why don't you stay tonight. Get you some good rest. Maybe just being here where you can see I'm fine might help with those nightmares?" she asked as she had finally gotten herself calm. She wasn't sure if she took enough off him so having him stay here would let her know just how much trouble he had. "Then maybe you should figure out a way to deal with those fears another way afterwards alright?" she asked as she was hoping that she wouldn't have to take the pressure off him too often.

Mitch looked at her with concern, then smirked at the offer to stay. "Aww.. are you sure you're note just lonesome? I'd understand." He said, hopping off the couch and stretching. He was thinking he wouldn't get a serious reply off of that one. He wasn't tired just yet, but he'd sleep if she went to bed. Odd thoughts ran in his head, mostly thoughts of how the heck he'd sleep clothed. Only reason he did it on the couch is cause he couldn't stay awake anymore. "Next you're gunna wind up giving me breakfast with all the hospitality you're giving me. But in all seriousness, thanks, I really appreciate not sleeping at my run down apartment for once." He said, looking at the door to the guest room, then back to her.

As she heard what he said she wasn't sure what to say back. Lonesome? maybe she was but she certainly wasn't going to admit that to anyone. Though as he seemed to be happy at the thought of staying over she gave a nod of her head. Though as he spoke of having her give him breakfast with everything seeing as how much she had given him. "Feel free to dig in the kitchen when you wake up" she said to him. "My door is open just be careful when you come in. I sleep with my gun" she said sorta laughing it up but in truth she wasn't kidding after her husband tried to kill her twice now she really wasn't sure if she can really trust many guys.

A thought crossed his mind. Did she just nod to being lonesome? He looked her over one final time. A kind smile crossed his lips. If she needed comfort he'd be very glad to provide it. But for the time being nothing of the sort would happen...not to his knowledge anyways. He stood up and started walking to the door, looking back at her. "I'll keep that in mind, Alexa. I guess I should wish you good night so....night night." he said, opening the door and shutting it behind him. He tried to sleep with his clothes on, was too uncomfy. He tried just without his shirt, no dice. He tossed his pants off and he was asleep like a baby.

When he turned to leave she gave a soft smile before heading to her own bedroom. Yet as she slipped into her bed her mind went to the partner she had int he room above. While she shook her head she knew that she needed to keep her mind on the job not the man. No matter how caring she was sure he only wanted to keep everyone alive not just her. If it was anyone else she was sure this would get to him just the same. Closing her eyes she went through her normal routine to be able to go to bed. Only with his fears she had a harder time doing that. As she finally got to sleep she seemed dead to the world as she slept way past their time for getting up as they did need to come into work to finish off the case work and write out a report of what had happened.

His sleep was a pleasant one for once. He was floating on the clouds, his eyes gazing down at earth. A slight grin formed on his lips as he saw the populace living peacefully. Not a sliver of crime happened. He rolled over to look at the cosmos, his grin fading as he realized he was up here alone. He stood up and started to walk the clouds, searching to see if there was anyone else up there with him. He noticed a bright light, thinking that it was a gateway to Heaven. Surly he'd find company there! However, he realized it was a gateway back to reality, as his eyes slowly opened to see the guest room. Most would let out a sigh of disappointment, but he was quite overjoyed to have a dream that was good for once. Rubbing his eyes and putting his attire on, he jumped out of bed and opened the door, wondering if Alexa was still asleep.

Back
Top Bottom