Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hmm... am I a closet Furry?

Monstro.City

Super-Earth
So I was just thinking about that question. A couple weeks ago, I had asked people what their fetishes were and why; but in thinking about my own fetish (transformation) I had to wonder if I am in fact a closet furry. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with furries, but I just don't see myself that way, yet I still enjoy the idea of a human embracing an almost-animalistic lifestyle in some RPs.

I really had nowhere else to put this kinda... Rambling, so... >>

furry-test-furry-demotivational-poster-1236899765.jpg

The way that I look at it, I don't think that enjoying furry artwork or media necessarily makes you a furry. It's more something that you eventually come to terms with or realize after a certain point or standard. It all depends on how you perceive it yourself I suppose.

Ms_Muffintops said:

@ this pic: Then... ._. I lose.

@Zalvek: Huh. I guess so. I mean, I don't even have a fursona/know what mine would be if I did, I just think that certain aspects of it all are kinda sexy.

Furry art does nothing for me. I dunno... it just isn't my cup of tea. Even that picture. I have some furry friends, and one of them... ugh, he flaunts it because I guess he likes the idea that he's "weird and unique." Even though I know more furries than I do gay people -.- So when I see furries, I also think of him, and he makes me cringe.

But from what I see... furry comes in two forms or well... levels, fandom, then fetish. There are furries who simply like the genre, the art, stories with furry-esque characters. You may form attachments to certain characters, artists, or animal forms this way. Much like an anime fan likes anime. But then there's the fetish... where this is something in particular that really gets your boat floating. Some go as far as buying fur suits and fucking in those fur suits.

Ms_Muffintops said:
Furry art does nothing for me. I dunno... it just isn't my cup of tea. Even that picture. I have some furry friends, and one of them... ugh, he flaunts it because I guess he likes the idea that he's "weird and unique." Even though I know more furries than I do gay people -.- So when I see furries, I also think of him, and he makes me cringe.

But from what I see... furry comes in two forms or well... levels, fandom, then fetish. There are furries who simply like the genre, the art, stories with furry-esque characters. You may form attachments to certain characters, artists, or animal forms this way. Much like an anime fan likes anime. But then there's the fetish... where this is something in particular that really gets your boat floating. Some go as far as buying fur suits and fucking in those fur suits.
Hnnng... Yea. I would fall under the first category, thankfully. And even then, it's only really under certain circumstances. I wouldn't be able to wear a fursuit. No offense to those who do, I just find it quite creepy, personally.

I submit it's more like three levels.
Level 1: You can admit a basic attractiveness to what is in question, but in the same way you do for other things. Not so much finding it very hot/sexy so much as acknowledging that is what they're supposed to be and understanding it. Being okay with it. If it comes across your path it could please or displease on a case to case.
Level 2: Seeking it out because you enjoy it, it being a viable topic for one's mind to entertain during certain special alone times.
Level 3: Extremists as mentioned above who will go (From the point of view of most people) a terrifying extra mile that can have a repulsion affect. Due to how Extremists are the most vocal of any group, they are often the ones that stick in people's minds and thus unfairly create the face of a community.

The above has been made neutral enough that it can fit any topic. For instance, bondage.

Back
Top Bottom