Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Racing Dogs -OPEN - Tags: Godling, Mythological, etc.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saidstained

Meteorite
This is a open thread for anyone who really wants it, but I do have some criteria to be met in order to post with someone. Spelling is a must, I need to be able to know what you and your character are trying to say. Spell check is imbedded in almost every typing area, so I really don’t expect you to mess up in this department. I’m also aware that sometimes spell check doesn’t have the word in it’s dictionary that you may be trying to use. Mine doesn’t have supercalafragalisticexbalidcious in it, nor does it have meh, keh, whabam, or any many of the other comic-book sounds.

The style that I write with very personified, it may take on the opinion or view point from the subject that I’m writing about in each sentence. I also like trying to balance character speech and description of the setting; I’m not a fan of running a roleplay with character speech alone. I’m also looking for someone who’s going to contribute to the settings, to the plot/story, to my character’s development, to MY writing development. In return, I will contribute and give as much as I can back.

The genre of this thread is a mixture of fantasy, the gods/goddess’ from the different pantheons, mystery, adventure, possible horror and morbid, humor, action, drama, mature, demons, possible tragedy, super power, and probably some vampire/zombie mixtures in there. All mythological and folklore creatures are welcome to pick from, even in the character is just a plain old human[an interesting human I would hope.] Thanks for reading, and I look forward to writing with whoever wants to join in. First come, first serve, but if you like my style and still want to write with me we can come up with another thread if you’d like. I’m open for mostly anything.

Profile Link: http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=29458&pid=831089#pid831089

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was a big day at the races, a great day even, since the sun was high above everyone’s heads with a few clouds littering the sky and getting in the warm rays ways and a gentle pleasant breeze keeping the air cool. The atmosphere in the stands was unbeatable as almost every seat was filled with bottoms of shouting, cheering and betting men.

Down below the loud and testosterone filled stands, the dogs were flying down the lanes as fast and their leg would carry them, with a few tongue flopping in the wind. The canines paid no heed to the screams and bellows directed at them, whether they were positive or negative, nothing mattered to them but the fake rabbit on the railing that just always seemed out of reach. The damn thing.

In a small space lower than the stands, but just above the dirt race track, were the betting booths. Out of the four lines that were there, only two were open and both were very long.

“Put all of it down on Scribble!” A heavy set man with greasy hair and a snarky frown on his face threw down a wad of money onto the betting counter. A few seconds later he scooped up his ticket and didn’t bother to even glance as his surroundings before heading towards the racing stands. On his way there he roughly bumped into a smaller person, when he had glanced towards the tracks, “Hey! Watch it brat!” He growled out, quickening his pace towards the stairs and searching out an empty seat with grumblings about clumsy kids these days trying to play in a man’s world.

What sleazy looking man would realize later that his wallet had just been swiped, and what he would never know was that the ‘kid’ who had purposefully bumped into him was a rather young and beautiful young girl. After bumping into the cash cow, she had squeezed through the lines and headed over to the rusted railings of the betting area to lean out, casually examining the dogs. Her hands were tucked into the big pockets of the light tan women’s trench coat, expertly pulling out the cash in the guy’s wallet. The atm cards would be useless; she doubted getting away with charging something on the guy’s account simply because of her gender.

The next step would be to dump the wallet and the rest of its useless contents, but she had all day really to do that. Blue eyes hidden behind metal framed glasses, scanned the crowd and for a brief second she almost, almost felt guilty. She had bumped, touched, or had some form of physical contact with about half of every sucker in the stands and every one of them had absolutely no luck and quite a few of them had lost their wallets in the process. After working all morning she had finally a decent sum in her zippered breast pocket. It was quite fun actually, being whatever she was, especially when she only had to work one week.
“Now all that’ left is to bet on a lucky pooch.” She murmured to no one in particular, discretely pulling out the stolen wallet and dropping it down onto the very edges of the track where it would go unnoticed for a few days.

Staring at the track and lightly lost in thought, she figured that pouring all of the saved luck and money into the dog with the worst odds would be best course of action. With a mental nod to herself she pulled out the cash she had just gotten to count the amount, faintly surprised that the fat man was stupid enough to bring a few hundred dollar bills with him. Oh yes, he’d be raging once he found out his wallet was gone. Better be quick about making her bet then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom