Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Curiosity is a funny thing (Rogue & Frelance)

Evo Var

Supernova
Damen looked up from the scanner and tried to find a break in the canopy. It took him almost an hour before he found a level clearing big enough to land his ship. “Get your gear I want to track the target down without killing her. She is worth double alive.” Jackson smirked and pulled a rifle off the rack as Damen landed the ship. Then he grabbed a rifle off his own and slid the goggles over his eyes before opening the ships hatch.

Once Jackson was outside with him the hatch was closed and magnetically locked before they headed off in the direction they thought the Furyan was headed. There was silence between them for almost half an hour as they both moved farther apart in search of any signs of their targets trail. “Jackson, you have anything?” There was silence for a few moments before the radio crackled to life. “Nothing but that doesn’t mean much. How many long has this one been running for again?” Damen just laughed and only opened the channel as the laugh ended. “I am more interested in why someone is willing to pay so much for her. But to answer your question I think I first saw a bounty for her at least five years but it could have been someone else.” Damen stopped and looked in Jackson’s direction when he heard nothing from him for about half a minute. “Jackson you still with me?” After a few seconds of only static Damen started jogging towards Jackson’s position only to stop after as few meters. “Stop making so much noise. I slipped but I am fine.” Grinding his teeth Damen just shook his head and straightened his flight jacket before brushing some dust off the black pants he wore. His jacket and the shirt he had on below it used to be the same shade of black as his pants but time had faded them all to different degrees of black and grey. “Next time you fall make sure you do something to let me know your alive.” They started off again but the Damen was starting to regret hiring someone so new to the business.

Damen looked behind him as he heard something disturbing the bushes then stopped and listened when he noticed the sound was moving away form them. "Jackson do you hear that?" There was another pause which Damen was starting to get really tired of then the com crackled. "Yes, I think its heading back the way we came." As soon as he heard this he started back the way he had come hoping not to tip whatever it was off although he was certian that it no animal and no one else was supposed to be living on this planet. "Get back to the ship as fast as you can. I think its her and the magnetic seal won't hold her for long." He ejected the clip from his rifle and switched it with a clip of tranquilizer.

"On my way." Jason start sprinting back towards the ship then to get a bit more speed he slung the rifle over his back and just pulled out he pistol on his hip.

"Remember we want her alive so shoot only to disable her." Damen smiled to himself as he left his path and moved over by about twenty meters. Jackson had seemed like a smart guy before but Damen doubted he would make it off this planet alive. The guy was still to green but he might still be useful. With that thought He did what he could to make sure he was moving quieter then Jackson as he moved back to the ship.

Jackson spotted the Furyan when he was about five meters form the clearing but he didn't raise his weapon until he was at he edge of the clearing. He fired off three shots aiming for her legs, one went wild and dug into the ground a few feet away while a second one struck the dirt just inches behind her. The last shot looked like it was on target but there was a chase it would only graze her and bounce off the haul of the ship.

Damen sprinted as soon as he heard the shots then crouched a few feet inside the tree line and fitted a silencer onto the end of his rifle before he went back to watching. It would be stupid to give away his position now, so he waited to see if the kid would be able to take Gematria down.

Back
Top Bottom