Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

New Year Resolutions

RoryN

Star
Does anybody else still do this? Make goals for how you want to be better this year or things you'd like to accomplish this year.

It doesn't have to be just one thing.

My NYR: I want to visit Quebec this year.

I'd also like to be a more enjoyable person to be around ...without chemical help.

Yep. I do. Nothing outlandish either, just some basic things for self improvement after some reflection and introspection.

Quebec is beautiful. I haven't been in a while, but it's a really pretty place. Montreal is only a 4 hour drive from where I grew up, so road trips were frequent. And Quebec City is just gorgeous.

Anyway, my own resolutions are simple. To start appreciating myself more for who I am both on the inside and on the outside. This means listening to my gut more and having confidence in my judgment and other such things. I also plan on improving my outward appearance just so that I'm happy with it. It might seem a shallow goal, but in the end it'll help my mentality. So, that's a good thing when you think about it. Plus, I plan on doing it in a way that's true to myself and healthy. I want to embrace my femininity and start really trying to learn how to shop for appropriate clothes. Meaning things that accentuate what I have and make me look put together rather than sloppy. I'd also like to lose the last bit of pregnancy weight. Sooo close to where I was before both pregnancies, but I could stand to lose between 5 - 10 lbs. At least in my own opinion anyway. I also plan to not let the dredges of society to get me down. Last year I let too many wastes of skin get to me and place me in a bad state of mind. I need to stop that and learn to shrug such people off since they aren't worth my time and I'm better than them.

I still do the NYR thing. I don't do anything I know can't be achieved within a year. My resolution this year? To find more of a balance between work and pleasure. As is, all my time goes to work and I never spend any time with my hobbies anymore. Rather depressing, so I'm going to fix it. :)

I do as well.

My number one NYR, is to have a happy and healthy pregnancy

Number two, get my job up and going - I know this is going to be hard with the pregnancy and all of my restrictions, but I really need to do SOMETHING other than laying around. Its a good thing that my boyfriends mother is willing to help me out with this, I can take it easy, run my own hours, and I would be my own boss.

Number three, lose all of the baby weight and get into shape (even though this won't be done probably until the beginning of September).

Then there are all of the little things that are going to help me improve my self image and self worth - you know, be a happy and better person. Along with really getting down to learning how to cook more things that are nutritious and made from scratch instead of out of a can or a box.

My NYR is the same it is every year and until I do it, it will always be the same.
Loose weight, get back in contact with people and actually climb out of my shell and take more photos.

Hmm. Hmm-mm.

Mine is just the same as it always is. Never -works- though. 'Get a li- Okay a lot more confidence in myself, my appearance and skills.' All of which I happen to think are abysmaly low.

Or, like, take singing lessons..'cus that's really the only thing I can do properly. -- Or get a puppy! NEW PUPPY! ^_^

Same as everyone else, which I know I'll fail; losing weight. A more reasonable one is to play less games, and take up writing and drawing a little more often. Like... More than once a month.

Back
Top Bottom