Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

=All about Anj={Journal, general musings, etc}

I, to be blunt and forthright, am exhausted, in almost every sense; physically, mentally, and emotionally. That whole fiasco you may have read about with my ex caused me to have to move back in with my mother until I am able to get back onto my feet, both emotionally and physically(or rather, financially). This last week has been a testament and true test of my life as a single mother. My mother, bless her heart, got a job through Labor Ready, flagging because of the horrible weather - snow, ice, wind, rain - we have been having. It is a couple hours away and, as our truck is highly unreliable for long distances, she has been staying with a co-worker who lives closer to the preassigned job location. Well, because of this, I have been left as head of the household, essentially. I am experiencing the one hundred percent single mother lifestyle. Even when I was with my ex, I didn't have to do everything; there were rare times when the jerk would help out. For the last week that mom has been gone, I have been left to make sure my seventeen year old sister wakes up for school at 4am - generally this is okay, as I lean more toward being a night owl myself. I then cook breakfast, start the laundry, feed the kids, feed the pets, do the dishes, then repeat the cycle as lunch comes around, then dinner. I am not averaging a whole lot of sleep lately. Couple hours here and there, most of the time interrupted. That's where most of the physically exhausted notation is coming from.

I am more to the point of emotionally and mentally exhausted from most of my interactions with people. My ex has been drunk texting and drunk calling me; apparently wanted to beg me to come back to him and inform me that he would be asking me to date him again on my birthday. My fucking birthday. He knows - I have told him time and again - I have never, or very rarely have had, a good birthday. Divorces, earthquakes, fights, sick, homeless; yet, somehow, my abuser thinks it would be a good idea to stress me out on my birthday. Way to prove that you've changed, you selfish jerk.

Emotionally, I am wrestling with feelings I am uncertain about toward certain individuals(ie, more than one person here I am thinking of). Along with their actions, or words, I don't like to feel avoided and, one thing I absolutely hate, is excuses. If you don't want to see me, or don't return my feelings - etc etc - just tell me. I am a big girl, I'll move on. I give a lot of myself, I admit, more than I probably should, but I am an open, if somewhat shy, friendly person. I don't trust easily, that's a given after the life I've dealt with, but when I do, I just expect that trust to be cared for and not abused. Abusing my trust is something I don't take lightly.

All that aside, I'm actually in a fairly decent mood. Not depressed, or upset, just exhausted. Chin up, keep a smile on. There is always a silverlining if you look for it; if anything, I am further progressing into developing my abilities, limitations and skills, as an adult and a single mother. I'm a tough girl, shame on me if I say otherwise. ^_^

Sounds like you're doing pretty well with this life thing, all things considered. It has its ups and downs, without a doubt, but you're handling it in a mature, realistic manner which is more than most can say. Keep on rockin', girl! And yes, I did just say that <3

For Rogue, Raivh, and Selo(also anyone who was in chat last night); situation has calmed, and everything is alright again. Made a truce with mom; we were both just too tired and too stressed, and the close quarters and lack of privacy just made it worse. Doing alright, got a good amount of sleep. No worries, and no need to be mad at my mom(<.< Rogue!); we all say stupid shit when we're pissed off.

Anyway, all is good. :)

I've been hurt enough for awhile - is it so wrong that I want what I give? I should think not. But as someone who is generally much too giving and much too trusting, I get kicked in the teeth more often than not.

If there is anything i can do to help Anji, just tell me what you want me to do or say?
*hugs anji gives comforting shoulder rubs*

You can take everything I have
You can break everything I am
Like I am made of glass
Like I am made of paper
Go ahead and try to tear me down
I will be rising up from the ground
Like a skyscraper

<3 that song, resonates with me all too well.

Trying really hard not to let this piss me off, but somehow, it did. So the ex decided to text me and ask if HE could claim MY kids on his tax return. Mom already claimed them, so the point was moot, but the nerve to even ask me? I mean, if he was taking care of his kids financially, I may have at least given it some thought. But, really, he does nothing, and then even has the nerve to say it's because I won't let him. Sorry, but if I am paying for everything, he is not going to get the money I should rightfully get for them being dependent on me. My kids live with me, I take care of them; why should he get the benefits for that? He's already fucked up my life enough, now he wants to take the extra money away from me and HIS KIDS? SERIOUSLY! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOUR BRAIN?! Then he has the NERVE to get an ATTITUDE WITH ME because I told him no? FUCK OFF. OH! And then, he says "Next time, talk to me first" LIKE I HAVE TO OKAY IT WITH HIM? UGH. I try to make it as financially easy as I can on him, knowing he pays child support for one kid already, and soon another; but do my lenient actions get appreciated? No, of course not. UGH.

/end rant

Here here, I agree with Rouge. Or we sell his body to science or donate it and use it for a tax write off. Now thats both karma and irony.

-snorts- He's an idiot completely undeserving of any kind of break or slack. We should be like Vlad the Impaler; spear him with a large stick, and set him on display. But since no one will want to see him, place him behind closed doors.

Back
Top Bottom