Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hopeless Sickness (OutlawxWolf X Shards)

Shards~Of~Roses

Supernova

Ava Grant was a very powerful and special miko. She had been found by the most powerful miko known. She was very young when she was found by her mentor. At the age of five she was taken away from her family and taken to a shrine to be taught the way of a miko. She had all the powers equal to a fully trained miko without the control. She was too young to control them all, this was why she had been taken away before a dark miko found her. As she was taught the way to use her powers for good they grew on a grand scale. By the time she was at the age of sixteen she had become more powerful than her mentor. Though she still didn't act like a miko for she was a very spirited girl and it was something that she couldn't seemed to keep still. The fact that her beauty was great as well didn't help her.

As she had such lusious black silky hair with deep green eyes that attracted many young men to her. She wasn't one to really push them away when it came to being a romantic. She had started to see one of the young men that lived near the shrine. She had kept it a secret for the most part though it hadn't taken her mentor long to find out about it. Her mentor then thought it best if she started to travel around the lands to maybe cool her heart from seeking things which she couldn't have. Though as Ava traveled he still loved the young man that she had fallen in love with back at the shrine.

Though when it finally came time for her to return the young man was already married and had a young one on the way. He had fallen out of love with Ava and found another. Ever since Ava had turned cold towards love. She only showed it to those she treated and saved never past that point. Now at the age of twenty one she was more beautiful than ever yet her heart was still closed off. As she traveled from town to town to help all those who called on her. Wither it be for her healing methods or to protect a town from a demon she did whatever she was called for. As she finished up at a town who had a very bad case of this new sickness that had been spreading everywhere she was trying to save a young boy who had this new sickness. He was very young and she didn't know what to do. All of the other treatments had failed and so far she could come up with nothing that saved the lives. As she tried
her latest treatment that she had come up with she waited by his side trying to make sure he made it through the night. Though as the sun came up the boy was dead. Ava sighed as she stood and walked out of the small hut. She gave the news to the boys parents as she then walked away she had said that she would stay to give the boy a proper burial the family thanked her as she left leaving the family to morn. As she went to get the things ready for the young boy. She thought more about the sickness. She had noticed that its not something that went from person to person by touch or exchange of fluids or anything. She guessed it was really some type of new posion but she couldn't comfirm it just yet. As it near midday she had everything ready for the young boys death. The family brough the boys body to her as she placed it on a wood fire pit for he had to be set afire and his ashes would be spread at his families land. As she did the usual ritual as she set the boys body on fire she thought of how the boy had suffered. It was a slow sickness or poison she reminded herself. It took a full two months to kill though it was a very painful last week. By the time the boys body was fully turned to ashes. She gathered them up and placed them in a vile for the family to spread.

As she started to leave the town it began to rain. She didn't know why the sudden rain showed up but it didn't make her feel that great. As she looked around in the woods she was far enough to have no choice but try and make it to the next town or make camp though as she was standing there making up her mind she felt something hit her in the arm. She looked and it was a dart. She looked around seeing nothing and knew that something wasn't right but before she knew it she was knocked out in the middle of the forest with
it raining.

Two men stepped out of the forest, holding swords and ropes. The dressed in black robs. They quickly tire her up. An fling her over her they shoulder and run though the forest as fast as there legs could take them. The ran for a fee yards till they reached a clearing were a camp fire was burning lighting up the night. Behind the fire was a old wooden shack the the men called home. The though her onto the floor of the shake. " god that bitch is heavy!" one man yelled "no pig ur just a pussy!" the other man yelled back.

As she was thrown into the shack she gave a groan as she felt pain in her arm and shoulder from the landing. Slowly her mind started to clear enough for her eyes to start opening. She wasn't sure where she was as she blinked a few times to try and get the blurriness out of her eyes. She heard voices as she looked up to see the two figures there still with no clear sight of them. She really wasn't sure what to think at the moment as she struggled to get her body to work. She struggled to get up as her eyes finally focused to show to the two men. "Who are you?" she asked her voice firm in her question.

"Hey bear the bitch is awake." one man yelled. "Well mama my name is bear, this is pig and you are our money cow." he said with a grin on his face. Pig look at her with the eyes of a starving man, but he had the gut of a full man. Bear was taller and much muscular the pig. Both men had katanas , and had all black robs.

Ava wasn't sure what to think as she heard what he said. It wasn't what she thought but as she looked over the two men she should have figured that much that they weren't good. She struggled to sit up and once she did she gave a sigh. "Really now . . .your just going to make money from me? I doubt that will happen" she said to him as she knew if her actual temple heard of someone capturing her they would send out those to kill the two. Though she was sure that she could defend herself once she got her strength back. Only she wasn't sure just how long it would be before that happened for her.

"haha were gong to sell u back to the temple!" bear said with proud grin on his face. Pig laughed backing up is partners smugness. There laughs were cut to quit. This the sound of howling. The forest was silent for a few moments as the two men looked around trying to find the sounds origin. The sound of foot steps in the grass coming closer to them on the night. Then a men with a blue and black kimono, step from out of the tall wet grass. As he step out the clouds parted revealing the full moon. " greeting it sounds like a party my I join u fellows?" he said with a friendly smile.

Ava head started to pound as she heard their voice's raise more. Her face flushed as she leaned back against the wall of the shack. She just wasn't sure what to do. They seemed rather insane to her yet she knew at the moment she had no strength to fight against them at the moment. Though as she heard them go silent she looked around trying to figure out what was going on. Only as she saw another man come up towards the two's camp she wasn't sure what to think. She kept silent as she noticed he was dressed differently she felt something was different with him.

"privite party asshole!" pig yelled. "...really well I'm sorry to here that. I'm sorry to interupt." the man answered. He looked over to th shack. "what about u miss?" he asked he was fully aware of what was happening.

As she heard him turn his attention to her she wasn't sure what to think as she quickly took her chance. "Their keeping me here. I don't want to be here!" she shouted to him only as she did she felt a wave of dizziness come over her as she got excited. She couldn't understand what was going on with her still she needed to get out of these guys hands.

The man kept smiling. " well then, let make a deal." he yelled. He turned to the men. " she doesn't seem the what to party with u guys, so u let he go I an a round of soki on me, does that sound fair?" the man asked. Bear looked at the man. "are u seriously asking that?" bear questioned. The man knotted "yes". " deal" pig scremed out. Bear hit pig in the head. "fucking idiot, she's worth more then a round of soki. No deal jackass How about this we kill you and that the money you do have." bear answered. The man looked up u can try but I warn u I'm no easy to fight.

Ava wasn't sure what to think as she heard what he said about paying for her she felt a little insulted but felt that it should due. Only as she heard what Bear said she grew fearful for the man that was trying to help her. As their backs were turned to her she pushed herself up quickly as he talked of killing the man. As a Miko she couldn't allow that while she was there. Moving faster than she should be able to she brought a kick to his back. She gave a groan though as she felt Pig move kicking her back to the spot she was. Sweat started form over her brow as she tried to stand again.

"HEy Piggy, stop kicking her! You what to kick some one I'm here ryuho ichimaru!" the man yell with a darkness in his voice. Bear was taken back by the once passive man. Bear pooled his nerve. " well Ichimaru I see u have a pair. Too bad me and pig here are going to cut them off!" he yelled as he drew his sword. Pig stepped out of the shack and drew his war club.
"I gave u a change." Ryuho said with serous look on his face. Bear lunged at ryuho stood his ground unarmed as bear closed the distance. Suddenly ryuho launch a kick to bears gut, then jumped and kick bear in the head. Knoking out bear. Pig rushed out swing his war club. Ryuho ducked the club. Opening pig up for a jab to the face and followed by a punch to the chest. While pig was reeling from the combo. Ryuho prefromed a round house kick. Sending pick though the shack.

Looking up she was shocked at his change in tone. She wasn't sure what to make of it as she tried to focus her eyes on him only the blurriness seemed to return. "Damn" she said as she struggled to get back up to help only as he finished with pig, she fell down once more. Her head was swimming as her face became flush showing the fever that was starting to build in her.

Ryuho centered himself. He looked down at the ava. "you don't look good." let's take you to a doctor. He picked her up the took her to the next town. Here he woke up the doctor, and they rushed to the clinic. The doctor start working on Ava, Ryuho walked out of clinic "I hope she's ok, it out of my hands." Ryuho said. "hey doc I'll be at the inn down the road, let me know when the young miss get better."

As the doctor worked on her he was able to break the fever but as he found the spot where she had been injected with the poison he knew this wasn't going to be good. As she woke the next morning she asked what he figured out. Hearing what he said she gave a sigh. "Yeah well I figured. Thanks" she said as she stood struggling a little. The doctor brought her a staff to walk with as she already seemed to show she wasn't just going to lay around. As she heard that the man that had helped her. She moved towards the inn. While she was having a little trouble she knew that she owed the man so she would be sure to see if she could repay the debt she owed.

Ryuho woke a and had brakefast. In his room with some tea. "ok it's time." he walked out of his inn and behind the buildings for a few yards. Tell he got to the clearing ok back to training. He pulled out his katana. The sheath was a deep red. unsheathed his sword, the light of the day shined of his sword. He stood perfictly still as the wind blow though his jet black pony tail. He could here the birds in the distance, the wind flowing though the trees, and the river that was just out of town. He started moving his feet back and fourth particing his stances. As he moved he swon the sword. As he as he practiced he started moving faster and faster, until it seemed he was fighting invisible enemies. He particed until mid-morning the he with back to the inn for a bath and a nap.

As she got there she saw the man from before. "Hi there" she said to him as she moved towards him though slowly she was still trying to get her energy back from the dose she was given. "Thank for last night" she said to him with a soft friendly smile though in truth it wasn't exactly a true smile of hers. She hadn't shown a true smile in a long time now.

"sure it was an honnor to protect a beautiful young woman,My I ask what you name is?" he said with a smile.

Ava wasn't that sure what to think. "I'm Ava" she said as she gave a slight bow of respect. She really didn't know how to react with the way he was being so nice towards her.

“My Name is Ruyho; I am a ronin from the capital. I am here to deliver a message from my master out in the country. I was traveling last night and happened to walk into your, aah situation last night. “Tell me Miss Ava what brings a priestess this far out in the country?”

Back
Top Bottom