Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Adria and Mark: Taken

As the rain poured down so did Mark's tears and the man emptied himself of all those old emotions, those old hurts, and tried to forgive himself for what had happened. With her blessing he managed to do so.

After a time, as the rain began to slacken, he lifted his head, eyes red and swollen though his face at peace. Without a word he lifts his head and claims her lips with his own. Just as she had done to him, he pours himself, what little of his old self, into her that he could. He reciprocated her love for him as best as he could, and in the power of that conduit he hoped that they could each fulfill the needs of the other.

Adria continued to hold him, her arms tightening around him, she pulled back just slightly when he finally picked his head up from her shoulder. She looked at him. Just looked at him and smiled, more so when he claimed her lips. Her amber eyes drift close as she returned it, over and over, hoping that maybe they'll actually find their piece of happiness finally.

This was what Mark needed and then she returned what he gave her - it was like a puzzle piece snapped into place. His arms tightened about her and he pulled her close, hands winding fingers in her hair as he kissed her with deep passion and desire.

After several moments he broke the kiss, breathing ragged. He decided then to tell her how he felt, because he never had. "I love you Adria. I always have." His eyes shone brightly as he spoke, his gaze intensely on hers.

She moaned softly against his lips when he turned it to passion and desire. When he broke the kiss she was breathing hard, her hands grasping his shirt around his shoulders. Her lips spread into a bright grin as she slid her hands up to the sides of his face, "I love you too, Mark," she told him softly, then she pressed her lips to his again, sweetly, lovingly, passionately, even hungrily.

Mark's world became complete as she told him she loved him, and then pressed her lips to his. The small moan that escaped him spoke louder than any words would have, and once that kiss broke he nuzzled her neck softly. "Still up for some dessert?" he asked into her neck.

Her play on words was not lost on him, and Mark smiled softly against the sensitive skin of her neck. "I suppose you are, depending on how you look at it." he replied and his hands moved to cradle her firm rear where it was pressed to his thighs. He was envisioning in his head all the various things he wanted to experience with her... but as things stood at the moment he knew she'd have to teach him how to love again.

With a devilish smile mark answers deliberately. "I was hoping to go to this little pastry shop. They sell cakes and cookies and ice cream. It's great. Of course, if you had something else in mind..." His eyes rest on hers meaningfully.

She chuckled softly at that and pressed her lips to his quickly, softly. Then she slowly slid from his lap, and held onto his hands, "No, we can go to the pastry shop," she said to him with a grin, "Although I wouldn't mind something else... later," she continued on, a mischievous gleam in her amber eyes.

Mark smiled and nodded. He wondered if loving her would work. It had been a long time. He was nervous, which, for him, was saying a lot. Taking her hand he stands and leads the way from the small shelter and back out onto the path. A short walk later and 'Yacine's Patries' comes into view. It is a small place, but those often proved the best.

As he led her inside a small bell above the door jingles merrily and a petite blond comes out of the back. "Hey Mark!" she calls cheerfully, though the obvious joy on her face flattens a bit when she spots Adria, then further still as her eyes slip to their hands. Still, she seems very happy, and her smile is genuine as she regards Adria. "Hello! Welcome to my shop!"

She smiled softly as they walked along, her hand in his. Adria leaned her head on his shoulder a bit, then walked inside when he opened the door, she smiles warmly to the petite blond who certainly greeted Mark familiarly. Of course she would though, he was most likely a regular. She nodded politely to the blond, "Hello, thank you," she said in response. Taking in the smells, "My mouth is watering already," she commented with a grin.

Mark smiled as she leaned against him, and was very grateful that Yacine was nice. She'd helped him through some dark times and he was forever grateful, even though he didn't desire the same sort of relationship she did. She'd taken his rebuffs rather well, all things considered and in his own way he did love her for it. Yet he was not in love with her... not like he was with Adria. He'd never stopped loving Adria.

Yacine had approached the counter, beneath the glass resided assorted cakes and pastries, and to one side was a small freezer with only three flavors of ice cream. Vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. Yacine was looking over Adria with curiosity, though was not blatantly staring. "You guys know what you want?" she asked cheerfully.

Adria smiled to the young woman, "I think I'll take a strawberry ice cream, please," she said, keeping her hand in Mark's. She'd noticed the difference in how she was greeted and how Mark was greeted by this woman, and wondered if anything went on between them, or if Yacine wanted something more, and he wouldn't. She was pretty, and seemed nice and friendly enough, so she wouldn't blame Mark if something had happened between them, after all, it wasn't as though Adria had been in the picture at the time.

"One strawberry ice cream, coming up. You want that in a cone, or a waffle bowl hon?" Yacine asked in a friendly manner.

"I'll have my usual." Mark says and Yacine nods.

"Alright. One brownie sundae." Yacine says, smiling at Mark.

Once she has their ice cream Mark pays her and walks back out into the bright Bahama sunshine with Adria at his side. Life couldn't get any better. He finds a bench and takes a seat, watching the beach and the ocean just beyond as he eats his treat.

"So tell me true, Ade, how has life treated you this past year or so?" he had to know, even if it hurt.

"Cone please," she told Yacine with a grin.

Afterward, she and Mark went to the beach, she settled herself beside him, tucking her legs partly under her and to the side, keeping her skirt from her sundress to show more than she wanted to show. She been licking her icecream, slowly dwindling it down. She looked over at him with the question and shrugged, "Just been keeping myself busy with school, the.. first few months..," she shrugged again as she looked out over tot he water, "It was non-stop doctors it seemed, but it stopped, and its been school, work and the once per week therapy," she said to him softly.

She didn't think he'd want the details of it all, but she wasn't going to lie to him either, "I looked for you, six months after we had seen each other last, when I couldn't find you, I figured you'd run the opposite direction of me if we had ever happened to cross paths again," she continued on, then she grinned at him, "I'm very happy to find that wasn't the case."

Mark nodded and began to spoon the ice cream slowly into his mouth. Listening to her it sounded like perhaps she had recovered from what had happened even better than he had. "Even though you told me to go... I should have stayed." he said softly. She'd looked for him after six months. That was encouraging in a way, but made him feel even more guilty as well. That's she'd looked for him and he'd not been there. What did that say about him?

He decided to change the subject a bit. "So what do you do for work? I mean, school I understand, but work? You don't have to work."

He knew they'd come back to the subject of her and him again.

"It's volunteer mostly, at the shelter near the university," she replied to him, "Its just to keep me busy," she continued on softly with a shrug. Truth was, she kept busy, or tried to, so she wouldn't think about him. As well as to wear herself out so when she slept. It'd be dreamless. Too often she woke up crying because she'd dreamt of Mark, or woke up terrified because of a nightmare in regards to the hours of violation and abuse she was put through by Hector and Ray. She took in a deep breath and leaned into him, finished with her strawberry ice cream and just munching on the cone now.

"Ah, I see." Mark said, and took another bite of the sundae. "So it's something you do because you like to, not because you have to." he commented, not really to her in particular. He`watched the gulls out over the ocean and wished that he and she could go back to simpler times. Perhaps... they could? Mark draped an arm about her where she leaned on him and gave her a squeeze.

He withdrew the arm so he could continue with the sundae and said softly, "I often have trouble sleeping. But maybe, with you here, maybe things can go back to a semblance of normality. At least while you're on vacation. How long do you plan to be here?" he asks, already dreading the answer.

"About two weeks," she said to him, "Though I'm already considering on extending it," she commented to him then, still leaning into him. She paused for a moment, considering her next words, then decided the truth would be best, "I've.. been having trouble sleeping as well. One of the reasons I volunteer actually is so I could wear myself out and just sleep, without dreams... but it often is too short of a sleep time," she admitted then with a light shrug of her shoulder as she finished her cone, and just relaxed into him.

Her words rang with truth and Mark nodded. "I know what you mean." He finished the sundae and tossed the small bowl into the trash bin at the end of the bench. His arm went around Adria then and he held her for a time. "I've missed you so much." he says, and that also rang of truth. "I never stopped loving you."

And there it was. He held his breath as he waited for her response.

She smiled, "I've missed you too," she said softly, then looked up at him. At first she just looked at him, an almost blank look on her face, but then it was quickly replaced with something that could only be called wonder and adoration. A smile, slowly growing upon her lips, "I never stopped loving you, either, Mark," she replied to him softly, her hands resting gently on each side of his face.

Her look had his heart sinking, then she reciprocated and her hands caressed his face. Mark didn't think as he leaned over, turning his torso to better face Adria as his arms pulled her close. There was no more need for words, and his mouth crashed into hers, almost two years worth of pent up worry and anger had melted away, leaving behind his burning passion and desire for her, his adoration and love. His kiss reflected all of that, fiery and hungry yet somehow still simply warm and loving.

That kiss took her breath away, quite literally as she also felt her heart skip a beat then speed up. Her hands went into his hair, fingers burying themselves in the dark strands as she returned the kiss with the same warmth, hunger, love and passion as he showed her. She continued the kiss as she then wrapped her arms around his shoulders tightly, pressing herself into him.

Back
Top Bottom