Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

« α яє∂кιиg & тαℓιи яρ || тнє вυѕιиєѕѕ ∂єαℓ »

Talin

Supernova
Annie slammed the palette to the ground, this was the third interruption of the day and she was getting frustrated. Sylvia was the first a long time family friend, the interruption was welcomed as they had not seen each other in a while. But after she left the music was cranked and Annie got down to business, however Chad soon let himself in. Chad was her older, less responsible brother. Their father had given over his company to Chad and everything got royally fucked up. She had groaned when he pulled the plug on her music they argued and fussed over why she had unplugged her phone and turned her cell off. “Perhaps some of us are working on important things and don’t want distractions! What the hell do you want THIS time?” He’d barged in a few months ago pissed at their father for taking the company back.

She stood there, he in his navy designer suit, red tie undone and starched white shirt, her clothes were less sophisticate. She wore a pair of worn and weathered once blue jeans now multi colored jeans and matching tank in a color that once was grey. Her feet were bare and she had smudges of paint on them and on her cheek, neck and nose. Her long blonde tresses were twisted into braided pigtails on each side of her head and hung down her back. Large blue eyes took in his apologetic looks and pathetic attempt at hiding his shame. “What do you mean THEY want to see me? What is it about?” she narrowed her eyes at him, “What did you DO this time?” She crossed her slender arms over her chest and glared at him, he was acting way to guilty not to know the reason.

She picked up her brush and ignored him she slid angry strokes of deep red over the large white canvas as he picked through some of her displays. She sighed a breath of relief when he finally closed the door behind him. She forgot about the music and soon thin black lines were added to the canvas along with some yellow. She stood back and admired her work then pulled out her palette to work on the small intricate details and some of the shadowing. She clenched straight white teeth over her pink lower lip as she concentrated. She flicked her wrist sending long lines of color feathering out from one section. She smiled and repeated the process to acquire the desired affect all along the one area. She jumped and cursed loudly as the three sharp raps to the door startled her. She looked up to find her hard work had been ruined and that, was when she flung the palette to the ground causing little dots of paint to appear, not that this was a problem.

“Annette Olivia Mignonette Creed we do not speak such filth!” Her mother’s soft lilt drifted through the complete silence of the airy loft. Olivia rolled her eyes and peeked around the outer edge of the large canvas only to retreat once more. Her father’s larger form followed that of her small mother. “Oh dear, what a mess...” Her mother mumbled and shook her head. Olivia only shrugged, “That’s what happens when I get “in-the-zone” Mama,” she smiled and wiped her hands on a turpentine soaked rag. Her father frowned looking from her to the canvas; he always thought that artist was not a “real” career. She smiled up at him and spoke softly, “Hey Daddy.” She led them into the little sitting room off to the side of her studio before she ran up the stairs to her bedroom to clean up.

She slid on clean clothes her mother would approve of, dark blue jeans and a white vintage rose appliqué dress. She brushed through blonde strands still wet from her shower and pinned them back in sloppy waves, her signature style. She slid her feet into white espadrille sandals and once tied she headed down the stairs. She turned once smiling at her mother’s nod of approval. She seated herself across from them and waited to hear what was so important. Her face fell and the bright blue eyes widened. Her mother swiped away tears as her father told them of their master plan. A collaboration of oil companies, her families and another’s. But in order to do so it was required of her to marry the son of the other company’s owner. She clasped her hands over her stomach as she stood and paced. Everything was spinning and blurry, the tears that built in her eyes refused to fall. She pressed a palm to her brow and stood there for a moment collecting her thoughts.

A few minutes later she stood yelling at the couple as they sat hands clasped together. “How could you Daddy, am I not as important to you as your company?” her blue eyes bore into his, “And YOU!” she turned on her mother who cringed, expecting this from her free spirited daughter. “How dare you allow him to do such a thing? You knew I never ever wanted to get married, THAT’S why you did this, isn’t it?” her arms flailed around as she spoke going this way then that as she attempted to convey her displeasure. “I will not marry some stranger to make up for Chad and your mistakes! I refuse!” She flopped back onto the couch the white dress furling out and around her causing her to look younger than her 24 years. She felt sick and disgusted at the same time, she was only a pawn in her father’s life, an object to get them what they needed in order to maintain a life style they were so used to.

She hated it, but knew she’d do anything for them. She clenched her jaw and nodded as her mother mentioned dinner. She followed them out the door turning off lights in her studio as she went. She didn’t refuse as, once in the car, her mother added lip gloss and mascara to her face. She hated being made up but it made her mother happy so she complied, she wondered which restaurant Joseph would be taking them to, Rocco’s or The Noodle Bowl. But was surprised when they pulled up in front of a large white, colonial style, manor. “Don’t be nervous Annette.” Her mother said squeezing her hand. They were crazy, had to be if she thought marrying her off to anyone who lived like this would make her happy. She couldn’t help the feeling of nausea that swept over her as a neatly dressed butler opened the door and ushered them inside. She slid her hands down her dress smoothing the wrinkles and looking around at the massive foyer. She couldn’t help but be a bit nervous.

RE: The Business Deal

(Wow.Awesome. Now lets see if I can keep up.)

"..And in other news tonight, young son of famous American Business Mogul Dean Fines famous for his success for flipping various companies around from the clutches of failure and making them multimillion dollar turn a rounds, Was just released from his mandatory court appearance today. Our Own Dalia Reed has the story."

The screen switched to the rolling camera that sat just outside the court house. The woman that woman mentioned by her fellow news anchor looked straight into the picture. She was all dressed up in glamorous local news story fashion as she began speaking into the pitch black microphone that she clutched solidly in her hand. "Thanks Tom. Young man, Donovan "Donny" Fines was in court this week yet again for his quote "Bad boy antics". The story of course runs deeper than that however as this time young Mr.Fines is in much more trouble then he bargained for when he rammed his gun metal grey Camero straight into the side of one of the local parking complexs just outside the police station. Our sources state that Mr. Fines was indeed intoxicated when he attempted to drive into the garage but miss the entrance completely instead ramming it straight into the outer wall. Reports of the hearing state that he was in the area for, and I quote: 'Me and the rest of his friends were out for a night on the town and were looking to park their car legally into the garage when he accidentally slipped on the wheel and rammed into the wall'. Unfortunately for his defense Mr.Fines was nowhere near the entrance to the complex and was in fact so far away that the police had to point out to him that the entrance was indeed on the other side of the complex. With the end of the hearing now coming to a close, many people are upset that Mr.Fines did not in fact recieve as severe a punishment as fit this incident, all he needed to do was pay the fine and the expense to pay for the wall and his drivers license has now been revoked for a period of seven years. One can only ask themselves, what can this bad boy from Chicago do next. Back to you Tom."

The screen froze hard on the last frame showing a man in his Late twenties with Fiery red, finger length hair. His eyes were covered with a pair of silver and black designer sunglasses and wore a pinstripe Armani suit, black with thin blue stripes. The young man Held a solid piece of paper up onto his face hiding it from the roaring cameras and onslaught of oncoming microphones that were being jabbed into his face. He didn't say a word. And as the man himself sat in the chair he said nothing else either.
The screen went black with a loud bliping sound. The Man that held the remote in his hands was huge, roughly six feet tall and burly. The imposing figure strode over to the seated Donovan and smacked him hard against the back of his head. The palm of the larger man's hand barreling like a 50 pound weight against his head. The blow caused Donovan to lurch forward as his sunglasses jumped off of his face and landed hard onto the carpeted floor.

"What the Hell were you thinking Donny?!" The burly man shouted at the seated ruffian. "When are you going to grow up Donny, your dad isn't doing so well and as his only son I would think you sir would want to help out around here. But no! You want to go running off and break things, laws and the families reputation in the process! What is wrong with you?!"

Donny sat back and took it. Shaking his head quickly as he bent down onto the ground and picked up his glasses folded them and placed them onto the pocket of his shirt. "Uncle J... Come on! No one expected anything from me before, so why would they start now?" He lifted himself off the leather seat as he paced his way methodically over to the small tiered window that hung in the wall.

"Your 28 years old Donny. Grow Up!" Uncle J paced after him using his monstrous arms to swing him around to look him dead in the eye. Pointing his finger rhythmically at Donovan's face. "You know how far your fathers new Oil companies stocks fell?! Twenty nine points. Twenty nine points Donny after your little stunt. SO you know what, your mother, father, and I found the perfect solution to all these problems. Donovan looked up confused. What could he possibly be talking about? What could keep him grounded and help his dad's new business in one swoop. "We and another family who owns a local oil company have decided to arrange a marriage between you and their daughter."

Donovan went pale white, whiter then white. Did his uncle just say and arranged marriage? he was going to be married now? "Y-you....You. Can't fucking do that! This is my life Uncle J."

"Watch your mouth." He pointed his finger once more at his nephew "You, haven't proven to any of us that your life is capable in your hands. As a result We are going to push you in the right directions. Your Fiance and her family are stopping by for dinner. You best get washed up, you'll want to look presentable for our new family members.

Donovan was seething with rage, while at the same time wrapped with utter confusion. He stormed out of the room and rose the steps into the bathroom his mouth still hung open. "What the fuck just happened?"

Annette took in the marble and gold of every surface with in the home. She smiled as the butler announced their arrival, his deep voice resonating throughout the large interior. She smiled as a two men and woman descended the marble staircase covered with ivory carpet and gold trim. She blushed as they looked her over; she could not tell whether they approved or disapproved, not that it mattered since she had no intention of following through with their disgusting scheme. She avoided looking at them too much; she didn’t want to show any interest and kept her eyes low.

She stood by as her parents and his chatted, she all three to be amazingly kind but could only imagine the beast they called their son. She caught sight of the man at the corner of her eye and found her stomach churning. Turning her head the other way she stared at her hands, she could pretend to be extremely shy then they would realize she was all wrong for him. Sighing as the butler announced that dinner was ready to be served. She followed behind until her mother tucked her arm with in hers. “They like you,” she purred into her ear and kissed her cheek. “Now charm the boy.” The boy, he was a man same as she was a woman.

She rolled her eyes; she had yet to open her mouth that was the reason they adored her, she wanted to spew her thoughts but would hold her tongue. She smiled at the hosts as she sat. She glanced across the table, the ivory place setting atop of the golden tablecloth matched her own but was meant for her intended, she supposed. Her intended, she intended NOT to go along with this. She’d be on her best behavior now so as not to embarrass her parents, but this was it. The last straw, she had to come out from under their shadow, but now was not the time. She would wait until the moment was right.

She looked at him now, her eyes revealing nothing as he took his own seat across from her. Perhaps they could get out of this, she thought with a small smile on her lips. She took him in; he was handsome behind all the pomp and circumstance. She wondered how he turned out the way he did, they didn’t seem to spoil him. She unfurled her napkin and placed it across her lap properly, she did have manners they weren’t complete animals. She wound slender fingers around the stem of her water glass and brought the rim to her lips. The burn in her throat subsided and dislodged the lump wedged there as well. Deep blue eyes flitted across the table and met with his, she smiled. In her most polite voice she spoke, “I’m Annette Creed, you are?” She knew who he was, a blind person would know he was, however she would allow him to tell her.

Donovan grimaced into the mirror removing his precious shades from his face and placed them onto the edge of the sink. His rage finally boiled over like a pot of water left onto the stove too long. The rage culminated into the angry release of his energy as he kicked at the bath tub across from the sink. He thought he felt his foot crack from the impact, but knew better. The release of that anger let him let go of a heavy breath. He looked hard into the mirror, his light golden brown eyes stared back at him through the glass. "I'm in deep shit here...Deep shit." Donovan spoke aloud to the mirror hoping it was the only thing that would understand his frustration. With an angry flick of his wrist he turned the cold water on and let it pool into the basin of water. He cupped it with his hands and splashed it into his face a few times letting the excess run down his thin cheeks and downwardly curved nose. He grabbed the towel from the rack and wiped his face off.

With deep breath he walked down the stairs and met up with his Mother and his Uncle. His mother refused to look at him. At this point he couldn't blame her he did slam his car into a public building after all, any mother would be disappointed with their son if something like that happened he thought. He just hoped she would come around and come to her senses quickly and call off this nonsense. Uncle J shook everyone's hand. His hands thickness made it appear as if he was engulfing each of person in his grasp.
"Good evening everyone I'm Johnny, you can call me J everyone does. And this is my Sister in law Evelyn. I'm sorry to say that Dean is in the hospital and will not be able to be here tonight. He offers his thanks and he wishes to meet all of you very soon. Evelyn kept her dignified yet stern look trained onto Annette seeming to look her over in that old fashioned movie star way. And why not Donovan thought, she had been an actress...once. Before she met his father. He always thought his mom looked like Marilyn Monroe just thinner and with fiery red hair like his. Why did he have that thought? Probably because he refused to speak or acknowledge anyone in the group.

He did make sure to get a good look at his "Bride to be". She was cute he thought, nothing that would hold his interest for very long though. And just the notion that he was forced to interact with her like this was a huge turn off for him. He thought on that for a minuet though, if he saw her in a club downtown he would probably hit on her. And then get slapped in the face after about an hour of solid conversation. That or, he would be out all day with her doing...Well doing God knows what, but it would have been fun. He always felt like he was playing roulette with girls, he just...Didn't understand why that was.

The "Grown ups" were talking non stop for a long time. The group of them sat in the living room of the mansion. Wine glasses were filled for everyone who wanted one. At least it gave Donovan to look at as he sloshed the deep red liquid around releasing sigh after silent sigh. He was bored, and trying desperately for to get everyone to notice. His mother kicked his leg to get him to shut up. As the butler of the house came over and declared that dinner was ready, everyone arose and made their way to the dinning room. "She's rather cute don't you think?" Uncle J asked of Donovan placing one of his huge mitts onto his shoulder guiding him towards the huge table set up. He sat down in his seat, and took the napkin quickly into his hand and placed it onto his lap. And then it happened, she finally spoke and not only that she asked him a question. Now he was obligated to speak up.
"Nice to meet'cha I'm Donovan Blake Fines. He knew she was asking him out of curtsey, after all the stunts he pulled over the years with everything from flashing his money, running with loose women and ramming cars into buildings it was rare to find someone who didn't know who he was. He realized that the social contract was now in full effect so he had to continue. "So..Uh..Annette...What do you do?" He raised his hands and shrugged his shoulders unsure of what to ask considering he couldn't really care less

Watching him closely golden eyes and red hair, she suddenly found herself wondering what his children would look like, shaking the thought she felt sick. There was no way she could do this. Closing her eyes briefly, she wasn’t sure if she’d even get a response. All she was doing was trying to be polite. His demeanor was the same as her, forced. She wanted to stand and scream and throw a royal hissy fit. But that was Chad’s game, not hers. Putting on the smile that didn’t quite reach her eyes she curled the corners of her lips. “Please call me Annie, no need to be so formal.”

Leaning back she looked him over, every bit the rich boy, she thought. She’d met plenty of his type and now knew them well. “I’m an artist, my medium is paint. I’ve had several shows in Austin and one in Houston, not that you’ve seen them they were charity shows.” She pursed her lips, he was boring, she smiled slightly and dropped her gaze to her lap briefly before meeting his eyes .“Do you prefer Donovan or something else?” Before she would receive an answer the doors flew open and servants crowded the tables.

The plate that was set before her contained a Cornish game hen, fingerling potatoes and asparagus. It smelled delicious, but the thought of food made her ill. A woman approached with a wine bottle, placing her thin tan fingers of the top of her wine glass she smiled up at her, “None for me please, I prefer to always have control of myself. Though I would take some lemon for my water if you don’t mind.” The words weren’t a jab at the man that sat across from her just a simple statement of what she felt. She didn’t read the paper or watch much TV. Her eyes met her parents and they frowned slightly.

Sighing she glanced up at the male and lifted her fork and knife. “I’m sorry Donovan, I didn’t mean anything by that. I don’t mean to offend.” she gritted her teeth and cut into her chicken. She nodded at the woman that brought her lemon slices. Keeping her voice low she smiled at him nonchalantly. “Look I am not happy about this either, but if it is for the good of my parents I will do it, we both will just need to suck it up and get along. I never wanted to marry and I never ever wanted children, so you have no worries with me.” She laughed at the end of her statement in case they were listening, “You can go along or not but at least lighten up and pretend this isn’t a root canal gone awry.”

He shook his head slightly trying his damnedest to not let that shake show to any other member at the table. Oh how he hated the social contract, This was all very cruel and unusual punishment. He released a little chuckle as the food was brought out, for the four older guests this was a celebration for their eventual marriage. The two of them however, were celebrating a funeral. Their funeral. He took a few quick bites, he wasn't really that hungry he just didn't feel like talking, for the rest of his life if he could help it. At this point he felt he would have been better of if that wall had done some damage to his head. "I uh..Prefer Donny actually... But Donovan works too I guess." He waved a dismissive hand after her question in order to get the notion across that it really didn't matter.

He sighed, oh great an "artist". He had met sooo many women like her, and man did they drive him crazy. All of them were bitches, every stinking last one of them. They would always play the high and mighty card and chuck it into his face. Worse then that, she was a painter. They were the worst. A big collection of snot nosed pretentious pricks that just needed to have their pedestal kicked out from under them. At least his type were honest about who they were. But those painters oh boy, they were pieces of work that made everything into a stupid metaphor and chalk your opinion up to "not understanding the essence of the art." He sighed as he played with his asparagus with his fork, the same way he did when he was five years old. His mother cleared her throat obviously, he gave her a quick glance and a fake smile as he stuffed one of the pieces in his mouth. He looked down and studied his plate. "So..Uh..Annie. Do you prefer the works of Claude Monet or or Max Weber. As much as he hated the artists, he loved the art. Even if he was just looking for an excuse not to get railroaded by the friendly police.

"No offense was taken." Why did everyone think he had a drinking problem? You get caught drunk a few times in a car and everyone instantly sends you off to get help somewhere. Just to spite everyone at the table he took a long sip of his wine and called the server over to fill it back up, even though the glass still had a quarter of the wine left from before.

He took a darting glance at Annette, a small scowl forming on his face. "I'm just getting married to you no one ever said I had to get along with you. And I 100 percent agree with you on both parts." Children? No one said anything about kids. Was it implied? Maybe but still to rush him into this was monstrous. "Oh trust me. If I thought it was like that, I wouldn't be acting so calm about it." He grinned through his teeth to try and fool the other people at the table that they were getting along splendidly.
He took a second to compose himself, and then began to speak. "Annie what type of wedding would you prefer? I mean a small one or a big one? What cover band would you like to get?" He was trying to goad her into being quiet as he brought up the actual future wedding itself. He hoped that it would work.

Sitting back again she watched him, their little moment gone, like a breeze came upon them and suddenly moved it away. She was an artist, but it was better than sitting around and doing nothing. Her blue eyes fell to his and she toyed with the ends of her hair loosely. Donovan Fines, of all the men she could have been aligned with they had to choose this womanizing chauvinistic jerk. She’d seen and heard enough to know that this would never work, which was fine with her, she’d keep her loft and he could keep his penthouse, or wherever it was he lived.

Watching as he had his wine glass refilled, she hadn’t meant to imply she thought he drank too much. I was for the fact she knew he did drink that she didn’t want to offend him. She laughed gently before giving him and answer to his artist question, “Neither. Claude Monet’s work is beautiful, while Weber’s work is more of an artistic hodge-podge of sorts. If you really and truly want to know my favorite, which I highly doubt you do, it would be the amazing works of Salvador Dali. They are fanciful while maintaining integrity.” Her voice had taken on that hushed tone of awe. Truth be told she adored Dali’s work enough that she had one of his world famous elephants running the length of her left side. Not that her soon to be husband would ever see, no one had in fact and she preferred it that way.

Looking down the table at her mother, who was scowling at her. She smiled once more and sat up in her chair. A look of frustration crossed her beautiful face and flitted away just as soon as it had come. She wasn’t sure what she felt at his statement, but it wasn’t relief. Why did she feel saddened that he didn’t want children either and the fact that he would put up more of a fuss if she did. He obviously could not hear their mothers gushing over what splendid grandchildren the new “couple” would make. It made her sick, but she’d leave him to deal with his mother. Her head snapped back in his direction, if he thought to shut her up with these kinds of questions he had another thing coming.

Smiling brightly she clasped her hands under her chin and leaned in a bit, looking dreamily at him. Before sitting back, her clasped hands hiding the smirk, “Donny,” She giggled gently before biting her lower lip and dropping her hands. “I want something small and quiet and I prefer and string quartet to a band anyday.” She sighed, completing the show for their parents and then decided to give it right back. “Do you prefer three kids or five and would you want more girls than boys or the other way around?” Lifting her glass to her lips she sat back with a satisfied smile upon her lips.

Her mother leaned into her father, “It’s nice to see her so happy, I don’t think I’ve ever heard her giggle for a boy before.” The look on her father’s face was that of a scowl, her mother laughed. “You made the decision Charles; she is only doing what you asked of her.” Her mother brushed her lips on her father’s cheek. Silently she wondered if her daughter would be okay, she’d heard her mention children to Donovan and knew her daughter had never mentioned wanting children, ever. Wondering if her daughter was doing her best to scare the man off she inwardly laughed at the situation.

"I love the works of Dali! His work entitled...oh what was it?... It was um. Oh yeah, Geological Destiny, that is my favorite painting of all time." He wasn't surprised when she brought up Dali, or he wouldn't have been surprised if she had brought up another surrealist painter, but for some reason her response tugged at his heart strings. Something about the surrealists attracted him to their work. Maybe it was their use of strange elements, or interesting painting styles but he quite frankly wasn't very sure on the matter himself.

He watched her for a moment, barely touching his food anymore which was an odd enough fact for him. Was she...Disappointed by what he said? He couldn't really tell but the way she moved her head, and that look she seemed to give pointed him in that direction. He went back to his food quickly, how could he even think about kids? He didn't even want to think about marriage! Why would either of those things cross his mind? He had the life. Well, except for some of his shortcomings but he still had a great life and he wanted to live it the way he wanted to. Kids would come much later, if ever in his mind.

He grinned through his teeth. That fake grin you showed to people you had disdain for but wanted to try to keep a semblance of politeness. She was playing his game, and he hated that. "Oh that's good then... Wouldn't want it to get too big. And I would say about..Eight children with a good even split of boys to girls. You would be okay with that right 'Annie'?" He wasn't going to let up on her just because she was willing to play this demented game, and he certainly was going to put the ball in her court as much as he possibly could. Evelyn shot her dark eyes at Donovan from across the table. She knew his angle, cause he had been doing the same sarcastic thing since he was five years old. The look caused Donovan to tense in his seat and go back to eating for a moment as he waited for a reply.

“I own my favorite, the persistence of memory and the elephants. Even when I was a child it was my favorite animal.” She smiled genuinely, unsure of why a common favorite of many would make her a bit glad he was one. Sitting her glass down she smiled at him gently and cut off another bite of her chicken, she didn’t eat much meat. It wasn’t that she was a vegetarian or anything, she just liked vegetables more, but her mother pitched a fit if she didn’t eat some of everything. She couldn’t imagine the social events she would have to attend as his wife, it wouldn’t be up her alley , Then again she could drag him to gallery openings and charity events.

Annie wanted kids, she just hadn’t been able to find the right guy. Looking up at the man across the table for her she knew he wasn’t the one. Nothing could make him be unless he decided to change everything about himself. Though he probably felt the same way about her, yeah she could dress up like a floozy and show all her goodies off. But why? Why should she when she wanted someone to like her, for her. She saw the gleam in his eye and smiled right back at him in the same manner. “Oh my Donny why stop at eleven. One more would give us enough to have our own baseball team, add us and a football team. But if you want that many we should probably start right away.” Boldly she stroked her foot against his ankle. She had no intention of consummating their marriage, ever.

Before she could move her foot even further up her leg, as she intended her father stood clanking his fork on his wine glass. Dropping her foot down she turned her attention his way. “I’d like to propose a toast, to the kids and may they have a wonderful life. May it be filled with happiness and adventure and many children.”

He sat and her mother stood, “Though it begins so suddenly for you may you feel the burn of love in your chest from tomorrow forward.”

Annette stood, blue eyes wide, “Tomorrow? I have to marry this buffoon tomorrow?” At her parents nod she stiffened, “You only told me today!” She glared at the male, “I might marry you, but know this. I will not be happy about it!” she slammed her lanky body into the chair and sobbed into her hands. The idea of marriage was something she could have gotten used to, but not this suddenly. One last night to be alone in life before this man was flung at her.

Donovan thought about what lead him to this moment. The ever long list of events seemed to pool in his mind like a timeline. And then he got to this moment in his minds eye and that was it. He knew this moment would be the end of his life. He hoped it wouldn't literally be the end of his physical life but he knew his life was certainly ending none the less. He spun the wine glass around for a moment as he listened to her response. He was flabbergasted. He always thought of himself as a master of sarcasm, at least as good as those artists were with their paints, if not better even and as a result he usually came out on top. But with Annie around. He was awestruck to say the least. Either she was just as good at it as he was or she just wasn't willing to back down. Either way this was going to be one of the few challenges he had ever had in this arena.
"Wow Annie...Eleven kids? Do you think you can handle the responsibility of being a stay at home mom? I mean I will have to go off to work of course but someone has to raise the children right?"
And then he felt it. He felt her leg brush up against his, her foot sliding methodically over his calf muscle. He had never felt repulsion and lust in this combination before. He unfortunately had to say that she was turning him on with that leg, and he hated it.

He looked up as the fork hit against the wine glass and the toast was given. Donovan looked on in utter dismay and confusion. "Wait....What?!"
They were getting married when? e couldn't believe it, he thought there would be some type of process. Some kind of...code they have to follow but apparently their parents had just decided to take them to a shark tank and then push them straight in without a cage.
"This is ridiculous! We can't get married tomorrow, are you all nuts! We just met. Not to mention I just heard about this today...Not an hour ago."
Donovan was seething with frustration and rage. Everything was spiraling out of control and he couldn't handle it.

Stay at home mother, like she would willing spread her legs and let him invade her depths, but the picture was planted and she fought the need to spew the contents of her stomach. She had started the imagery with that touch of her foot to his leg. She couldn’t keep her mind from spiraling there without picturing him and it made her cry harder. There had to be more.

“I can’t marry him, Daddy please, I – love you, please don’t make me into this, this person I’m not. I’ll leave my home and go out and experience life. I’ll stop painting, is that what you want? I’ll give it all up, just don’t shackle me to this, this man.” She pointed at Donovan the fear at marrying him was apparent in her eyes, she didn’t hate him. Annie couldn’t, she didn’t know him, she didn’t’ like what she knew and that was only what the media portrayed him as and possibly not the truth.

“Annette, we stated to you the facts. We have picked the best match, Donovan is in need of a good woman to settle him down and you need someone to care for you. Your mother and I won’t always be around, Chad ruined the business for us and you show no interest in learning it. Merging our oil company with the Fines’ makes sense. It’ll be Fines-Creed Oil Company and Donovan will step to the helm when they feel it’s time. Your children will be provided for, you’ll be provided for.” Her father had made his way to his only daughter and clasped a large hand on her shoulder.

“My dear girl, Evelyn and I have planned the entire event. Your dress hangs upstairs in the room you are to claim for the night. The cathedral is decorated and the ballroom is already set. A string quartet and a DJ, will both be on call for the entire event. Your friends and his are there at the hotel ready to be at your side. The event has been in the paper for weeks, the engagement period is rushed but it will be fine.”

“Rushed… how about skipped? You can’t do this, neither of us wants it. I don’t care about the business, my art keeps me financially safe, I make good money.” Annie stated matter-of-factly.

“Honey we know you live commission to commission, but we also know you love what you do. We don’t expect you to change; you can paint and still be Donovan’s wife. We don’t think Donovan will care what you do, we hope that it will turn into a real marriage. We know you will give it your best shot and right now it seems hard, or like we’re abandoning you, but we aren’t.” Her mother continued.

“NO, you are abandoning me, leaving me to marry a man I barely know and expecting me to bare his children and carry on as though I am happy when I so obviously won’t be!” Annette stood. “I hate you, and I’ve never said it before, but I feel it.” The heat and anger in her blue eyes was scorching. “I will marry him, but I never want to see or speak to you ever again!”

“Annie, you don’t mean that!” Her mother and father said together. Glancing at each other they knew they would have to give her time. “Take care of my girl, son. You hurt her know that I will not be happy.” Her father gripped his wife’s hand and turned to the Uncle J and Evelyn. “We will go, she will be fine. We’ll be back at noon for the wedding at half past one. Sleep well, we’ll show ourselves out.”

Annie stood at a window staring out into the dark street below, her jaw clenching and unclenching as she watched her parents move away to their car and driver. Turning her head she stared at the trio left. “Can I be shown to my room, I’m tired and apparently I’m supposed to play a blushing bride tomorrow.” there was no happiness in her statement, it was flat. She was going to marry Donovan though she was not about to be happy about it.

Donovan's head was spinning. He felt like Annette and himself were the only ones that were making any sense anymore. He thought that he was dreaming, that he would wake up soon and this would all go away. Or even better yet he had finally ended up in the twilight zone, and this was some strange alien race that wanted to understand and document what it meant for two humans to be married. He quickly realized as he saw his uncle J nod his head as Annette's father spoke that this was all too real. His anger turned to fear and loathing, fear for what this all meant and loathing for those two figures that were in fact here and even loathing for the one that couldn't be here.

"This is quite possibly the dumbest thing you guys have ever tried to push on me! This is stupid! I can't marry this girl, she obviously doesn't want to marry me either. I mean look at her. Do we even look compatible? Its like were operating on two distinct wavelengths here. And worse of all shes an artist!" In that moment his mind had utterly snapped and all thought processes that were at one point functioning were now turned to mush. It was like someone in his head had pushed the off button, and there was no going back. As the quick silence set in he had received the feedback from his head on what he just said. He couldn't believe it. Even he knew that he was raised better then that. He slumped his head down in defeat. Yeah it was true that he didn't like her but he didn't want to disrespect her.

He wasn't even going to fight it from his angle. Why would he. His parents had a laundry list of his behavior saved up for this kind of a situation and now he knew they were willing to pull it out and stretch the limits of what they could do to him. That however did not mean he couldn't protest to this but he would have to pick his words carefully. Before he even spoke Uncle J piped up. "This isn't open for discussion Donovan. Now please take our guest to her room and then get off to bed, you have a long day ahead of you."

Donovan seethed with anger again, but could do absolutely nothing to relieve it/ "Alright.Fine. If you would follow me please Annie I'll take you to your room." He grabbed her by the hand, needing to hold onto something so as to not let his arms rise in utter fury and smash something. He lead her up the wide staircase. The gold trimmed railing being his only other avenue for his rage. It took the two awhile to reach the top of them, but as they approached the tip a long hallway sprang forth revealing several wide and sprawling networks that had other rooms branching this way and that. He led her down the hallway, and opened the white door, turning the black nob around slowly. Her room was prepared but mostly empty, as a bead a desk and a chair were all that sat in the confines of the space. The dress hung on the silver bar in the closet and pools of different products pooled at the floor below it. He wasn't really sure what they were but he knew they all ha their purpose. He led her in, and as she approached the middle of the room He went back towards the door stopping only for a moment as he clutched at the wood with his left hand.
"I'm sorry for...What I said back there...I know you won't believe it, but I didn't mean it..." He turned to face her dropping his hands at his sides. He knew he had finally given in and his parents had won. "..Listen. I don't like this, and I know you don't either. Maybe we could come to some kind of agreement? But we can save that for after the wedding. I'm sure you will want to...Get ready to sleep, the door to the bathroom is right next to this one, and is on the left." He nodded and left the room, as he made great strides towards his, arriving there was no small task as his feet felt like clay. This was going to be the worst thing in his entire life.

Her head sprang up at his words, they hurt and he didn’t know how far she’d come. Watching him she could see him crumpling, just like her. Polar opposites were right. She took his hand and allowed him to guide her, but not before giving a curtsey of respect to each of the adults. Under another’s roof she knew how to act. Unsure of everything she wondered if she would be allowed to live in her loft still or if she would need to live with this man, the one guiding her slowly to her room as though it were a guillotine waiting to behead them both. Much like they’d walk to the aisle the next day.

Her hand burned in his, she could have jerked from his grasp but she needed that bit of human contact, for now. An ache built up in her chest, she knew she’d cry herself to sleep at least she could go home when it was done. If only to pack her things and nothing else. Stepping in to the room she reluctantly released his hand from her grasp. “Thank you for showing me to my room.” Her eyes found the dress bag at the same time he did, the white bag revealing nothing, but holding a great weight. Shoes and jewelry as well as various other accessories perched at the floor like gifts under a tree for Christmas. She nodded at his words and followed him to the door. “I don’t want to share my life with you, let alone my bed but I see no way out of it Donovan, but you are right we can save it for a discussion after the wedding.”

When he left she opened the door wide and stepped out, her voice was even though he’d lit a fire with his words in the dining room, “Hey, so what if I’m an artist, what does that mean, I take offense to that. I’m a good person. How would you like it if I stated what you are, a playboy, a manwhore, a disgusting man that flings his money around just to watch how people react. I’m conservative, free spirited and genuine, what does that make you?” She didn’t expect an answer; she only wanted to make it know she wasn’t his doormat. Slamming the door she spun the lock, sliding down to the floor she sobbed. Her life was fading away, bleeding like watercolors on a sheet of paper in the rain.

Stripping her dress and jeans from her body she stepped under the hot water, the makeup and other products that enhanced her washed away and slowly down the drain with the soap, whirling and swirling before fading away into nothingness. Her emotions were on high and she couldn’t stop the sadness she felt inside. At least if she were marrying a decent man, a gentle man she could see possibly being happy and excited for the wedding. But Donovan didn’t seem decent or gentle, he was a man and that was that. spinning the knobs she turned off the water. Toweling off she sighed and picked up her clothes. After winding the towel around her naked form she walked slowly to her room. Shaking her head she moved into her room once more and dropped the towel. Flipping the lights she slid under the sheets and relaxed. Sleep came quicker than she expected.

Standing in the room she gazed at herself in the mirror, the cathedral was quiet and she was in a thoughtful mood. The dress was as classic and beautiful as it was timeless, and fit her well. Paired with a bouquet of red roses, she now had clenched in her hand. The simplicity of her dirty blonde locks astounded even her; her mother knew her best and stuck with what she would have wanted. The thin veil was edged in lace and was pulled over her face at the moment, hidden away so her father could reveal it. She pondered in her heart whether or not she could truly be happy with the man her father had chosen. Silently she clasped her father’s hand and nodded when he asked if she were ready. Truly she wasn’t, but there was no use in fighting it.

What shocked her most was the sheer amount of people that had shown up to see them wedded. When the doors opened revealing the bride to her bridegroom, row upon row upon row was filled. Over the crowd she couldn’t even see her betrothed, though his red locks should have made it easier. Gliding down the aisle on her father’s arm she took breath after deep breath and made it to the end. Keeping her eyes off of Donovan for the moment she waited until her father lifted her veil. Even she had to admit that he looked excellent in a tuxedo, had she met him at a charity function she’d of slipped him her card. That is, until he opened his mouth to spew his thoughts or even just talk. Smiling up at him her blue eyes locked on his golden as her hand was lain into his as she joined him at the altar. Blushing she moved her eyes to the minister and the ceremony began.

As he left he heard her door burst open. To his own shock and surprise, he did not turn to face her when she began to berate him. He wasn't surprised by it, it was a view that many people had and although he didn't want to hear it he knew that she was going to say it at some point regardless. He stopped in his movements as he listened intently to every single detail she left for him. But then he heard it, the dreaded words that almost brought tears to his eyes: that he wasn't a good person. She didn't say it directly but he knew that she had intended that meaning. He brought his head down and contemplated answering her outburst then and there. Instead he just took the blow, having said more then enough at the dinner table. He waited for her to slam the door shut and then closed his eyes making the cruelly short distance to his room. He shut the door softly behind him and waded into the middle of it. He felt dizzy and light headed. He felt like vomiting, but couldn't bring himself to do anything. He brushed the forming moisture out of his eyes and collected himself. He undressed as he made his way to the bed and climbed in. Oh how fun this coming day was going to be he thought in his generic sarcasm laced tone.

His tuxedo covered his body just a little too tightly, forming an extra vice that made him all the more incapable of escaping this predicament.Predicament was putting it mildly as he saw it. He took his shades off as he looked into the mirror situated in the bathroom, his face now visible to the world once more. He looked away unable to deal with himself at the moment. He sighed heavily and made his way towards the alter.
He had to admit that she looked gorgeous in that dress, her golden hair seeming to bring out this unnatural shine in the outfit itself. He still couldn't believe this was happening. Any of it. His mind still pinned for him to desperately wake up from the haze of sleep. But he knew deep, deep down that no such luck was to be had. He wanted to speak to her tell her that he was sorry again. Yeah its true he didn't like artists but that never excused how he handled that one. He thought she could take it but, something told him that his words effected her a lot more then he thought they would. With the room quiet and the minister ready to begin, he knew this was his last opportunity to escape, but knew that he would never take it. As much as his body urged him to.

His chest tied into knots. He was able to lie through the entire production. Saying I do, I will, and blah blah blah. But now, now was the part that you couldn't fake. The part where everything rested upon one single action at one single moment. He closed his eyes as the minister told him that he could kiss the bride. He released a closing breath and slung forward, ready for the plunge. He knew she would slug him latter for it but he knew he had to keep up appearances, bringing his lips forward to kiss hers. It would have been passionate if he left in one single ingredient: Feeling. But he didn't have it, and it caused the kiss to feel hollow.
The crowd cheered around them. He he looked out at the crowed he perused through the guests with his eyes. Other then Blake, who had managed to be his best man, all of his "friends" weren't there. He made sure to ask that they were given notice but in spite of that none of them came. As he thought about it honestly he wasn't surprised but he was beyond disappointed.

The next thing he knew was the two of them were right smack dab in the middle of their big after wedding party. Everyone there seemed to be enjoying themselves at least for the most part. Which was great for the guests but there was no way he could fake being happy now. Something told him that she was going to have a hard time at that as well. The large group of them sat down to the dinner portion, tables were arrayed across the floor of the huge room. It was like a sea of tables and chairs, and he was smack dab in the middle of the storm. He and his "wife" sat with her parents and his, and his uncle. He looked across the table at his father, it had been the first time he had seen him out of the hospital in a long time. A very long time. He watched him eat for a moment, noticing that he was a little sickly his skin pale. Other then that he looked fine. Donovan couldn't help but smile at that. He went back to starring at the hodgepodge of rich foods that were on his plate. Potatoes, steamed carrots, roast beef, chicken. Couldn't they have just gone out for a burger? Considering that this meant so little to the bride and groom. But he guessed that they wanted to keep appearances. He twiddled his thumbs for awhile as everyone else was cheering, laughing, eating, and being everything that indicated a happy occasion. He scoffed internally and hoped that like a dental filling replacement;it would all be over soon.

Annie couldn’t help but to allow her sparkle at, she would fight it but she couldn’t help but feel the attraction. Though her being an artist, just the way he said it, told her he wouldn’t be interested or attracted no matter what. Following his lead she spoke her vows, soft voice promising to love and cherish always, she even spoke the words obey with a straight face. The kiss was coming; she didn’t know what he’d do. Before she knew what had happened her hands came up and pulled him closer when he made the move, caressing his cheek tenderly. What had come over her, she wasn’t sure. Keeping her tongue in her own mouth but her body moved of its own accord and slid firmly against his, she fit perfectly in his arms, had he wrapped them about her. What seemed like hours was only a few seconds and she released him, had anyone just walked in they’d have seen a happy couple, but only on the outside.

Blushing Annie stepped back, and smiled out at her parents. She was willing to give this her best shot and the proof was in the kiss. Things seemed to progress quickly, the flash of photos and all the smiling was tiring but soon she blinked and there was music. A glass of champagne sat untouched in front of her as she sat, her hand cradling her face as she watched everyone mull about. The worst of it was the questions, “Where are you going on your honeymoon?” “Are you planning to move into the city more?” “When are you going to start a family?” She wanted to down the glass in front of her and ask for a refill, though she kept her cool. Smiling as a plate was placed in front of her. She picked at the food and avoided Donovan’s gaze at all costs. She smiled and often, though inside she died a little more inside after each one, or at least it felt that way.

Taking her new husband’s, she used the term lightly, hand they walked to the dance floor. Smiling shyly at him she spoke very little as he guided her around the floor smoothly. She was passed off to each of the groomsmen and the father’s. His father was too weak to dance with her so she accepted a dance with his uncle in his stead. Toasts were made and she sipped from the champagne. The tossing of the bouquet was no big deal however the garter was a different story altogether. Moving slowly to the chair she sat and placed her leg out in front. The cries for him to use only his teeth turned her face red. She watched as he knelt, uncertain of what he’d do flitted through her eyes. How far were they willing to go to keep up this charade? She saw already the deadness and unhappiness in his eyes. The moment the ring slid into place on her left finger she noticed the change. He could have tried to make it pleasant. For all she knew it could be her last wedding, enjoying it was a personal decision. Sure she felt the emptiness of the whole thing but he said they could discuss and arrangement. Perhaps it would allow her freedom. Sitting in the chair her heart raced, unsure why she was even nervous for his touch.

Donovan thought back to the ceremony as he looked at Annette who sat next to him at the dinning table. He was instantly taken back to the kiss, remembering how shocked at the return kiss that she gave him. She couldn't be...No, he thought to himself. She was putting on an act just as he was...Right? He put it out of his mind at least until he looked at her again. As she played twenty questions with a few of the other guests. He thought she was an amazing actress, and wondered if she was that good at this he wondered how good her art was. Knowing most artists, she was probably amazing. And then just as quickly he snapped back to reality as a bunch of random friends of the families came over to congratulate him. All of them doing what he thought was the generic back and forth of these types of things. He offered the same responses: that he was happy, they were going to probably stay around the city for their honeymoon but weren't entirely sure yet, and that he was excited and glad that everyone could make it out to see them and glad that he could get the nerves over with. A few of them chuckled at that. He did have a way with people like his dad did. At the thought of his father he looked back at him and shook his head, he made quick strides back to the table where he sat alone taking in the sights. "Enjoying yourself pop?" Donovan asked making as much of an effort as he could at giving him ease.
"Doing just fine son, doing just fine." At the release of his words Dean began to cough lightly into his napkin. Donovan frowned slightly watching the latest in what he knew was the consistent fits of coughing that his father would display tonight.
"Dad...You know your not doing so well...Why didn't you stay at the hospital and get some rest huh?" Donovan offered the kind afterthought suggestion to his father as he brushed his hand on his shoulder.
"I'll be fine son. I'll be fine. Besides, you don't think I would miss my only child's wedding now do you?" He laughed trying to maintain his strength for his son. Donovan held back a small tear from his eye. He knew how bad his dad was getting, and yet he had the courage and the means to get himself off the hospital bed and make it through the entire wedding. "Now what are you doing sitting by your old man...You should be by your wife. Otherwise one of these single fellas will snatch her up from under your feet." Donovan chuckled at his statement. He found it ironic that the thing his father was warning him about was kind of what he thought she hoped for.It was true that he didn't "love" her...He wasn't so sure he hated her. But something told him that she thought she hated him.

He took Annette by the hand and led her onto the dance floor for the last dance of the night. He had to say that he always enjoyed the intimacy of ballroom dancing more then the club scene dancing that he had become accustomed to. Sure that had its perks, it allowed people to grind their crotches into one another, and that was fun and all but nothing beat the intimacy of the waltz or just a good paired dance. On the plus side he had been trained extensively by his mother to dance in this fashion so he was quite adept at it, the club dancing...Not so much. He always felt awkward, and while fun, it was still...Weird. He smiled around Annette, she was good. Better then most of the partners that various people had set him up with over the years, and that made him less...Nervous around her.

And then it was time for the...Festivities to begin. In order to save face and keep up the charade he did as was pressured of the crowed. Drunken idiots he thought to himself. He bent his head down and dipped into her dress. And looked at her gorgeous legs and...Her...He didn't even want to think about it. He chuckled and thought back to the dinner yesterday. This would be a great way to get her back for that little leg rub she gave him.He ran his mouth over the length of her leg beginning at her calf and up to her thigh, letting his tongue gently slide over her skin lightly. He then reached her garter and gripped it, a bit too close to her flesh and pulled it down. sliding it off with his teeth. He let if fall into his hand and raised his full hand into the air eliciting a long uproarious cheer from the crowd before he hurled it into the crowed of boys.

As the evening began to die down to a close. Donovan kissed and hugged his parents as they gave him the keys to the hotel room that they had payed for for the next few days before their actual "Honeymoon" would start. He took Annette by the hand as she said her good byes to her family for the night and led her into the limo. The popperazzi swarmed the outside of the hotel and the car. Hitting them with bright camera flashes and bombarding them with stupid question after stupid question. He shut the door behind him and cursed to the open air. "Morons." Was all he said to close the subject as the limo began to ride off.

The hotel was bustling with people, as he checked their reservations. After a quick excursion through the business transaction he led the two of them to their "honeymoon suite" up on the third floor. He sighed as he opened the double doors and closed them behind her. He saw their luggage was all there and ready for them, until they would be given further instructions on what other "Surprises" their parents had in store for the two of them.

Sitting there, waiting to see what he’d do her mind went back to the dance floor, they moved nicely together. Her mother even made the comment of “perfect-match” she’d only shrugged, at least someone thought so. She watched with amusement as she tucked his head under the skirt of her dress. Keeping her legs closed, the “something blue” panties hugging her body as they should Annette’s eyes went wide. As she felt his tongue glide up her leg and she couldn’t help but tremble, even though she fought it, hard. His breath was warm and even on her smooth tan leg. Bright red tinted cheeks she stared at him, while trying not to imagine what else his tongue might be good at licking. Mentally kicking herself back into the right frame of mind.

Happy he’d at least given the crowd a show and, unbeknownst to him, his new bride an awakening, of sorts. Taking to the dance floor she moved around to the DJ’s music performing various “line” style dances and goofing off with the kids and other attendees. She found herself searching for him and led him to the floor for a final dance of the night; the song was a slow sultry song full of heat, when danced the right way. It was the perfect way to end it. With tears in her eyes she kissed both of her parents and bid them farewell. She wasn’t sure what was planned, but promised to see them soon or rather when time allowed. Allowing Donovan to take her hand he guided her out, the flashes from the camera was unexpected as was the bubbles that graced their departure. She knew it was a parting ways memento from her childhood, orchestrated by her mother.

She slid into the limo before him, shocked that he’d allowed her to do so. Silence filled the car’s interior, she was nervous, only because she was sure she would need his help to exit the exquisite gown. That coupled with the fact that the only two things she wore beneath, one of which he’d already removed, were flimsy at best. The tattoo she’d hid so well would be on display for him to see. The elephant by Salvador Dali trailed up along her side, she’d gotten it when she turned 18 and no one had seen it save her family. She’d gotten close to a boy before in high school, but once he got what he wanted he was gone and she refused to go there again. Annie enjoyed male company but not enough to put everything into it, not when she’d been hurt so badly before. Donovan made it easy to keep her distance. Following him into their suite, the first thing she noticed was the huge bed that seemed to dominate the room,

She shuddered, not seeing another place to sleep she inwardly groaned. Moving to a wingback chair she stood behind it and glanced around. Champagne on ice, chocolate covered strawberries, plush rug in front of a lit fireplace, two wing backed chairs and a view to die for. Looking up she watched as Donovan took in the room as well. “Are we even going on a honeymoon?” she asked softly. Her hands going to her hair and working the pins loose, soft waves of dark blonde hair fell about her slim shoulders. Her blue eyes were soft, a slight fear of being alone with him darkened them. “I need to change, would you be able to unzip my gown in a moment? I’ll grab some pajama’s first.” She opened up the bag and a ticket fell out, sliding it open she turned to face him, “They are sending us on an 14 day vacation, the destination is our choice.” Looking up at him she was in shock. Shaking her head she gripped the silky pj’s in her hands and turned her back to him. “Can you unzip me, then we’ll hash this out?”

Donovan shrugged as she asked him to unzip her dress. "As far as I know we are...At least that's what Uncle J told me before we left. Didn't say anything specific though". He moved silently to her side and waited till she had everything in order before he gently guided the zipper from top to bottom, turning away to tell her that he wasn't going to look. He saw the ticket, as she placed it on the bed. He sighed slightly, staring at it for a long time, as if entranced by the little note left for them. "Hmmm...I don't know about this what do you think? I mean it might be nice...Go somewhere...I don't know um, 'busy'? Or 'slow'? I mean with this we can go anywhere, but something tells me we aren't going to be able to get out of it." He sighed again shielding his eyes from her as she strode into the bathroom to finish her changing in piece.

He moved towards the window and starred out at the hustle and bustle of the city beneath them. The streets looked amazing at night. All those colors mixed brightly and unnaturally with the pitch black sky around them. This would usually be the point where he would go out with the guys and hit the town. Going to all the local clubs and hotspots. Spending money, hanging out, drinking and... It was at that moment that his mind returned him to the words that she spoke to him in his house. He seethed with rage. She called him a whore.A whore. A whore. He shook his head trying to bottle that rage and let it simmer in some other fashion. But his mind wouldn't let it go. He had to say something...Anything in order to save face. "I'm not as much of a whore as you think I am you know." Was all he could get out, or all that he would let out. Which one it was he couldn't fully say but if he had to guess it was probably both. He waited for a long moment for her response. He took his shirt off and replaced it with a simple white t-shirt placing it over his head, and removed his pants, then picked up a pair of pajama bottoms and tied them around his waist. He went back over to the night stand to find his favorite sunglasses sitting there. He smiled and knew that his father saw to their placing personally.

Watching over her shoulder as he tugged the zipper down, she watched him avert his eyes. Her mother was wrong; nothing she could do would change his opinion of her. He held something against artists and while that was fine for her, since she didn’t want to get close to a male, it wasn’t ideal for a marriage. She liked his idea, “Slow sounds good to me it is getting to be fall, maybe the ocean or even skiing? It’s not exactly ski or beach season so we’d have the mountains or ocean to ourselves. Can still go swimming and everything wouldn’t be as crowded or skiing, but we risk the chance of being snowed in. I’m game for whatever.” Annie like just picking up and going, nothing in her life was too in the way that she couldn’t play by her own rules. Sliding the navy blue nightgown on her, she moved from the bathroom just as he spoke up about her words from the other night.

Tossing her clothes into a pile near her suitcase she shook her head, “Yeah well the way you said artist made it sound like a despised word. We just met and already you were passing judgment. I never thought of you as a man-whore until after you did that to me.” What she’d hoped to be a nice quiet evening was now ruined. “Am I supposed to just take what you throw at me Donovan? I’m not like that, never have been and obviously they felt you needed someone with a bit of backbone.” She had her moments of shy and timid, big crowds and strange places, both of which caused her to get clingy. She sat in one of the wing backed chair and stared into the fire as he changed, extending him the same courtesy. “I don’t think you are a whore, I just said that cause I was angry.” Sighing she crossed her arms over her scantily clad body and tried not peeking at him. “Any preference on the side of bed you sleep on?” she asked looking up at him, he now looked more relaxed. She felt her heart flutter in her chest. He looked good, he knew it and she wasn’t about to show that she felt it. Standing she stretched and yawned. So much for a wedding night, she thought moving toward the bed after he answered.

“I’ll bet you never expected your wedding night to turn out like this,” she crawled into bed and covered up, turning to face him in the darkened room after she flipped out the light. “So where should we go, we have several options and I agree, they aren’t letting us get out of it. Maybe we could find some common ground while away and deal with this situation in a mature and orderly fashion.” She let him ponder that a moment while she studied his face in the dark. Inching closer she could just begin to feel the heat coming off of his body, cold by nature she relaxed to bask in it. Having every intention of avoiding sex or cuddling or petting of any kind, though if she could get all of her on board it would work as a whole. Brushing her fingers over his face gently she settled down against her pillow, “Was today the worst day of your life?”

Something in the way he berated him made him feel both angry and...Inadequate? No that wasn't it. It was guilt. He felt guilty. There had only been a few other people that were able to do that and that was his family. He had said it so its not like he could try to deny it. But he was afraid that a meaningful sorry wasn't going to cut it. But he had to try something.
"I'm sorry about that. It was a bad moment, and one that I kind of wish I could take back. I can't sit here and say that I love artists, because I don't. But its not that I hate them or anything. It's just...All the ones that I have ever met have been bitches and bastards. Giving less then two shits about those around them. I don't know you that well so I can't say for sure that your like they are. Its just logic and experience dictate that to me." He shrugged slightly. He knew that wasn't going to be enough but it was all he had. Backbone? He needed someone with backbone?! His head was screaming at him to scream at her, but he still wanted to air on the side of caution so he let it go. "Look... Maybe your right on that, but I honestly have no clue. Like I said I'm sorry...I don't think your supposed to take what I say..And I don't really think you should have to either" He calmed himself down as best he could. "We need to make this work...At least for the time being."

He shook his head. He didn't really care which side of the bed he slept on. He really wanted to sleep on the floor. But there was no way he was going to give her the full satisfaction of giving her the huge bed to sleep on. He chuckled as she asked him about what he had hoped his wedding would be like. "You know considering I wasn't planning on getting married for a long time I'd have to say It wasn't really what I expected. What about you..As 'magical' as you thought it would be?" He crawled into his side of the bed first looking away from her but then he shifted his weight and laid on his back and looked straight up towards the high ceiling. She asked him about where they should venture off to on their honeymoon excursion. "You know...It might be better if we go somewhere with a ski resort. I mean the beach is fun and all but...I kind of want to let all of this...Sink in you know? So maybe a skii resort would be better for that. And you know...Work out a game plan or something." He said as he looked her in the eyes. He had to say her eyes were stunning and there wasn't a person alive he though that would disagree with him. But this definitely was not the time nor was it the place to start thinking of her in that way. "We should probably get some sleep. Good night Annie." He said turning out his light and begrudgingly drifting off to sleep.

He was right, they needed to make this work. She was trying, but so far it felt like a one way street and he was going the wrong way. “I never wanted to get married until I found, Mr. Perfect. Though since today was the only wedding I’ll probably EVER have, it was good. Parts could have been better but all in all it was good.” She turned her head to look at the ceiling with him, was she that repulsive that he couldn’t stand to look at her, even now? Playing with the band on her left hand ring finger she smiled, at least it was over. Feeling his eyes on her she clenched her jaw after looking him over, had he shown even an inkling of kindness or attraction she might have given in and kissed him and show him the best part of being married, but fear gripped her at being tossed aside once again so she let the feelings go, like the strings on a handful of balloons.

“Seclusion on the mountain, better hide the knives.” she teased and nodded. Yawning gently she blinked and whatever he’d been feeling in that instant dwindled and moved back into the recesses of his mind. “I think working out a game plan or even just a simple agreement between us would be fine.” She wasn’t too terribly tired but the emotional pull of the past few days was beginning to wear on her. “Yeah, night Donny.” She whispered softly and slid into slumber. She wasn’t sure when or how it happened but somehow during the night she had curled herself perfectly to him, resting her head on his chest she slept soundly listening to his heartbeat. One hand held his and the other was up under his shirt against his heated flesh. The bottom hem of her night gown was up and a hand of his rested against her back holding her to him. Her tan leg was woven in the midst of his as she slept. She moaned softly and rubbed her nose against his shoulder before settling back against him and falling into the deep sleep again.

It took a moment for Donovan to go to sleep. He watched her laying there for a moment. For some reason his mind wandered to what she thought about him. He had no idea why, but something about this woman made him curios to know. He rarely cared what other people thought of him. The sneers they would give and the instantaneous snap judgments kind of came with the territory. It was what it was and there was absolutely nothing that he could do about it, other than change his behavior completely but even then they would judge him. He saw it as a damned if you do and damned if you don't sort of deals, but now something different was competing with that reckless attitude of his.

When he finally did close his eyes to sleep his mind was racing with the intensity of his dreams. He felt...Hot? He paused, was he lucid dreaming? He couldn't tell but he knew he felt something warm, and dare he say, soft against his skin. At first he paid it no mind letting the dreams start to slowly wander into his head. He felt warm breath upon his skin and soft hands fondle at his chest and something reached around to entwine his hand. He was amazed it had all felt so,so...Real. He laughed on the inside. There was no way he could really be this warm. And then he felt a soft movement against the fabric that hung at his skin. That couldn't be right? Could it? He woke up in that instant, and saw her form entwined with his. Her hands hugging into one of his and the other managed to slink its way up his shirt to rest daintily against his chest. Her leg as around his as he felt the smooth skin of her thigh rest against the warm fabric of the pajama bottoms. He noticed his own body betrayed him as his hand had managed to find its way through her night gown resting against her back. Most amazing of all her head was planted straight into his chest. He could feel his heart beat faster and faster. He had never felt so...Close to a woman before. Sure he had been with a few women (less then people seemed to like to think that was with) but it was never this intimate. His breath was a kaleidoscope of everything; soft groans, moans and pants. He felt several emotions stir within him. But surprisingly given their recent history, the predominant feeling was desire. In that hot and steamy moment his body shook, his loins beneath him wanted him to do more then just think about it. It wanted him to take her now. But his mind wouldn't let him. How could he? He had been nothing but a jerk to her. He felt his frustration rise, his heart pounding and ready to explode. He wanted to move, afraid of what she would do if she found out. But her body felt so good against him. He thought for a few minuets confused and trying to think. His mind stopped functioning. And then it hit him, was he starting to like this girl? His head screamed both yes and no. After internally cursing himself for not being very honest nor sure a second thought entered his mind. He smiled slightly as he decided to maintain this entwined moment. He wanted to see how she was going to react, that would be an interesting an telling sight to behold. With that he drifted back to sleep fully linked to the woman situated above him.

She wasn’t sure what had woken her up, she felt so warm and secure it took her a full five minutes of being awake before she realized what she’d done. It was nice, it felt right and it was so wrong. He didn’t welcome her and she’d pressed the advantage in her sleep. Glancing up at her husband she knew he was sound asleep, she could tell by his even breaths. If she moved too quickly she’d wake him up and have to face the consequences of her actions. Annie sighed, something about the way they held each other gave her hope, perhaps somewhere deep down they could work. It would just take time.

Gently untangling their bodies she moved from the bed and into the bathroom. Using the facilities she moved back through the suite, the sun was up but instead of opening the curtains she moved back to the bed. Curling up she pressed her body to him and pulled his long arm around her, testing to see how it felt when she was awake. She could have gotten lost in the feel. The arousal was there for her just not for him, not yet, she told herself. To her astonishment he began hiking her nightgown until he could feel her skin once again, and then heard him sigh in contentment. Biting her lower lip she watched his face turning her eyes up to his.

In this moment she wasn’t sure why, but she felt so guilty. Like she was taking advantage of him in a vulnerable state. Pursing her lips she leaned up and placed a soft kiss to the apple of his cheek, “Donovan, are you hungry? If you are you need to wake up. If not then I’ll get dressed and go get something and bring it back for when you are awake.” Her voice was soft and directly into his ear. She wasn’t aware but had he opened his eyes when she was speaking he’d have seen straight down her slinky gown. The way she was leaning she felt his chest against her soft breasts, warm and solid; it surprised her that she’d not noticed while they were dancing. Pressing a hand to his chest she felt his heart beat quicken and realized he was awake.

When he did finally drift off to sleep again it was very brief. He felt...Comfortable. Comfortable for the first time in a long time. It felt right? Wrong? He had no idea how it felt. His mind raced with a thousand dreams, all of which were about her. Some were pleasant and wholesome, while others were...Not so pleasant and definitely not as wholesome. He felt his breath twitch, and he felt her stir. Getting up to do...Whatever she got up to do. He tried to maintain his subtlety, keeping his eyes closed tightly expecting her first to come slamming down into his face, his ribs, or even worse straight to his crotch. He waited for what seemed like hours or even days expecting that strong force of knuckles and skin covered finger bones come down upon him. But to his surprise they never did. He opened his eyes for a moment, and saw her as she made her way to the restroom. He watched her body move in the nightgown, and something finally saw her move. Every motion letting the thin fabric cling to her form. His groin began to stir heavily, but he tried to put her, and the strange moment that occurred between them last night to fade from his mind. It was much harder then he thought it was going to be.

He made sure his eyes were shut tightly when she got out of the bathroom. His body responded with heat and his heart began to pulse and pound. What was going on with him? Was that all it took, proximity? He decided to slow his breathing, joyful that his body decided to agree with him for the first time in a while. Yet his heart beat faster as he head her reach the bed, crawling slightly over to him. He felt her move his arm around her. She was doing what? He couldn't believe it his mind raced with the possibilities of what that meant. If he woke up now would she be able to feel this close? This able to be so near? He felt like a tape player on replay. Replaying the same questions over and over and over and over again in his mind. He could just ask her he thought. But realized that thought was stupid and discarded it. He still could not understand why she wanted to be close to him. Didn't she despise him? Wasn't he repulsive to her? And then it hit him, maybe she was trying to make this work. Not just for her parents, but make this work for the both of them.

And then he felt it. He felt her place a soft kiss on his cheek. Sure it was his cheek, but it was a kiss none the less. He paused in his breathing until his mind reminded him that he needed to keep breathing. He tried to keep up his charade as she spoke sweetly to him. "M?...Can't we sleep for a bit longer? I'll get breakfast for the both of us in a few hours." He tried to sound as weary and sleepy as he could. His breathing intensified and that dull thumping sound that his heart made began at a faster rate. He didn't mean anything other then what he meant, but why did his body think he did? He wasn't making sense to him, just like every girl he had ever met. He never understood what made the sexes so different. Other then the different organs and such. Why did they think and act differently? Even the women who were considered more..."Liberal" in their values seemed to have a different style of process, and it was something Donovan never understood. Probably why he had been so bad with them. His money got him through some excursions but nothing ever permanent, and usually never lasted for a few days. He snapped back to reality when he felt her hand on his chest again. He knew she felt the quickening motions of his heart. He knew that he would have a lot to answer for now, so he opened his eyes slowly and waited for whatever form of assault she would bring to bear against him.

“You big faker, get up.” she said with a laugh, silently praying that he hadn’t looked down her gown. She sat up quickly as his eyes fluttered open, golden orbs slowly meeting her blue. Chewing her lips she sat there, unsure of is she should say something about the way they’d slept or not. Perhaps he’d only woken when she stirred to go to the bathroom. Tilting her head to the side she looked him over, he seemed to be waiting for her to do something. Lifting a pale brow in his direction she smiled, trying to reassure him. Pulling her knees up under her chin, giving no regard to the gown she wore, knowing the way she faced he could only see, at the most, part of her breast. “We can sleep for a bit longer if you want, but we need to see if we can come to some sort of agreement. Where will we live? What is expected of me? What is expected of you? What can we do to make this work? UM, if there isn’t anything then we are just going to have to tough it out I guess until someone gives or breaks.”

Rising from the bed she flipped on the bedside light and bent to dig in the drawer, producing a pad of paper, a pen and the room service menu. Smiling at him she shifted and tugged at the lower hem of her gown, it hit her mid-thigh but still, it made her feel bare in front of him, the way his eyes moved over her. Perhaps she could stay in very little all the time; he seemed better able to tolerate her. Flopping on the bed she wiggled the menu his direction and scooted in close to share. “First things first, let’s get our priorities straightened and order breakfast.” Glancing over the choices she blushed at the romantic breakfast in bed for two. It had the best options; pancakes, eggs, fruit, meats, juice, milk and coffee. Pursing her lips, causing her nose to wrinkle slightly she placed a slim finger on the option. “I think this one is our best bet, and we can always add on if you need more or don’t want something.” she had so much to learn about him. After he placed the phone back in the cradle from ordering their food she smiled and decided it was now or never.

“I slept comfortably last night,” picking at a bit of invisible lint on the sheets she kicked her legs up and wiggled them, hovering her heels a few inches from her rear. Twirling a piece of long blonde hair she lowered her gaze to the bed and briefly back up to his. “I think I got cold last night and I’m sorry if I broke any boundaries with you.” Blushing she stared at the pad of paper as though it had the secret to life scrawled across its front. “I’ve never shared a bed with someone so if I did something that is a no-no please tell me now.” She bit her lower lips and drug her straight white teeth over its surface. She felt like a virgin next to him, HE, the man that had a new female on his arm each night it seemed. She and her single solitary moment with a male it was almost 9 years, but she didn’t show it. She lacked in nothing when it came to sexuality. She felt some of the tension ease back into the room and welcomed it, like an old friend. She placed her hand in his for a moment, “Did you sleep well?”

Back
Top Bottom