Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Sealed Fate (raizu kaguraiXShards)

Raizu was gone for an hour, returning with a large hunk of meat draped over his shoulder, blood dripping down his clothes as he dropped the meat down across from her."Do you know how to start a fire?"he asked, wanting to get the food cut and prepared.

As she heard him come back in she gave a nod as she moved towards what wood had already been there she gave a soft sigh as she closed her eyes. There was other effects of the curse that were helpful and as her hands came out to the wood they suddenly was consumed by fire as she pulled her hand back without any harm. "There" she said to him as she turned to go back to where she had been sitting.

With the fire started up, Raizu began cutting up the meat, cutting apart portions for him and some for her, leaving him with the thicker pieces that contained the tougher meat while giving her the tender easy to eat pieces. From there hee set them in the fire to cook, sitting patiently, waiting for them to finish so he could start the next batch.

As the food finished she came to the fire and started to help him get them off. Fire had never harmed her not even natural fire so as she would place her hand into it she felt nothing wrong with it though anyone of her kind would freak out if they actually saw her doing this. "Thank you" she said to him as she started to eat she was quite happy it tasted really good.

Raizu said nothing about it at all, knowing full well as to why she could touch the flames unharmed and harness the power of fire. She had the essence of a dragon cursed within her, a grin curling his lips as he took some of his meat and slowly started eating into it."You can disagree with what I tell you, but there is one thing of proof that I am right. The fact that you can handle and manipulate fire proves the affect of the curse placed upon when before you were born."

Mina shook her head as she didn't care. "Curse or not they wouldn't use me" she stated as she kept eating. She knew that it was strange that she could use the fire and not be hurt by it. "I really could care less" she said as she stood and started towards the mouth of the cave taking a seat there and trying to relax there.

Raizu shook his head and left it alone, eating his meal while she walked off to the mouth of the cave to relax, her captor wanting to just relax before nightfall. By then he would have to cover alot more ground to keep the search party far away from them. and the way Mina felt about all of this, he knew she might not make it easy for him at all. But hopefully she would take the distance between them a good hint not to try and run off.

Mina really wasn't going to try and run. She knew the pain would consume her if she did. She could remember the times before the staff where she was bedridden with the pain. Giving a sigh in truth she wasn't sure how to make this better for her. She had to figure something out yet she still wasn't sure. Things were different that much was for sure, much different than what she had been told. She always thought good things of those who had been abused yet it never crossed her mind that those punished and hurt by her parents would hurt her out of revenge. She hadn't even been born yet, when it had happen to the dragons.

Raizu slept peacefully for the most part, his body shifting around as a growl curdled from his throat, the memories of his dead race flooding his head. This was something that happened on most occasions when he slept, their suffering and pain surging through him over the past few years. Raizu growled a bit harder, twitching as his tail slowly started protruding from his backside.

As the night went on she stayed there leaned against the wall. Tired a little yet she couldn't seem to find sleep where she was. As she finally moved back inside closer to him she noticed the twitching. Something came over her as she started to sing. Not knowing what she was doing as the words of the dragon language came forth. Singing one of the oldest lullibyes sung by the race in their own language. Mina just leaned back closing her eyes as she let the words drift out.

Shortly after her voice echoed the soft soothing lullaby, Raizu began to calm down, his body laying still as he relaxed, his mind at ease with the sound of her voice. But at the moment all he heard was sounds of the lullaby, not knowing she was causing it. With his body at rest, Raizu was able to finally get a much needed sleep, something he had gone days without.

As she fell asleep the song stopped yet only after he had relaxed into his own sleep. She curled up and as the night passed he would wake to find her curled against him. Her body still sought out his comfort while her mind and heart were still fighting the effects of the curse. Still she couldn't deny the warmth and strength she felt with him next to her.

As he woke up, he looked to see they had a few more hours of nightfall, rising to his feet to stretch and prepare to leave as he rest a blanket over her, kept in one of the packs he had with him. Raizu packed up the meat, placing the bag over his shoulder, tying it up as he slowly picked her up into his arms and slowly started off. "Well I wasn't planning to head out this late in the night but oh well.."

As she gave a whimper she curled into his arms. She didn't like being moved as she slept this time around only as he started off she gave a sigh of content. She really wasn't to sure what to think at the moment though. She was enjoying a great dream yet she couldn't understand it at all as it faded away.

Rai continued his pace through most of the night that remained, increasing the distance from the guards that had just reached their resting place. He could smell them, smelling their stench, his eyes shifting behind him for a few moments, shaking his head before he dashed into a clearing. They were almost to the border of this country and that much closer to his home, closer to setting things right.

As she started to wake she started to wonder a little more on where they were as she felt movement about her. "Whats going on?" she asked as she shifted in his arms. She really didn't know what to think though as he kept moving she looked around trying to figure out her surrounding without his answer though all she saw were trees. She didn't have a clue as to where she was. In truth this was the farthest and longest she's been away from the castle so nothing looked familiar to her.

When she woke up and asked what was going on, Raizu slowed down to a walking pace, looking at her "We're almost at the border of the country.."He told her as he looked out ahead of him, his arms holding her close to him. Despite his behavior earlier, Mina was seeing a calmer, kinder side of him, one not many people would see from him.

Mina was a little shocked at the fact he actually told her where they were headed. She didn't think that he would yet as he slowed down for her and held her close she gave a sigh. "So we're leaving my country?" she asked figuring this would be the last time she saw it and yet she couldn't stop the fact that it hurt when she thought of such things.

He nodded slowly, his breathing slow and deep as he caught his breath."I am taking you to my home, to see the damage your family has done to my kind.." Raizu never looked at her as he talked, doing his best to focus on their surroundings since the area they were in now was one of the most dangerous areas in this country. He could handle them fine on his own but with Mina with him it was a conflict he'd rather avoid.

Mina gave a sigh as she shook her head. "I can understand why you wish to go home but to show me the damage I had and will never have control over. Truly you are a cruel person" she said as she pushed away from him getting out of his arms to try and walk on her own. She was a little more than mad that it seemed he truly wanted to torture her like it was breathing for him. She couldn't understand that.

Raizu turned to her with a growl, following her as he clenched his fists."I'am showing you it just to show you the damage and the CRUELTY your family really is. To get you to understand why I am doing what I'm doing."Raizu's patience started to dwindle, his breathing getting heavier as he shook his head and walked in front of her.

Mina walked behind him he as she shook her head. "I don't believe your doing it for me. No you are doing it for you. The least you can do is be honest. You could have just let me go and live your life but you rather seek revenge it will lend to your own undoing I'm sure" she said to him as she truly didn't care she knew that people, including her parents, could be cruel that she had no doubt.

Raizu grabbed her shoulder and kept her from walking any further, a growl raising from within his throat."You think it as simple as that? Just live my life? As much as I would love to, it is kind of hard when the memories of those within my race that were murdered keep me awake at night, haunt my memories. It's kind of hard to do anything at all when you get no sleep at all."His voice raised as he spoke, explaining to her how things were for him, his grip on her shoulder loosened, his body weak from the many days he had gone without sleep, most of his strength had been used to kidnap Mina.

As she looked to him she was a little more than shocked at what he said. She jerked away and looked to him. "Then what am I suppose to do? What you get your revenge and that will go away. I doubt it will, the pain will always be there. You just need to find a better way to deal with it." she stated as she just shook her head and turned her back to him. She felt bad yet at the same time she was taken from her home because of this. Didn't actually make her want to feel sorry for him.

He growled and pulled her to him,her face touching his as his eyes stared into hers, his growl grinding through his throat."I have tried..but none of it is a permanent solution. But if revenge has a chance in fixing it all then I will go ahead and do it. I will prove to your family that their killing of my race will be something they will regret forever. But instead of killing you, I am taking you to where I live to show you what it is like to live where I do, away from royalty, away from other humans."

Back
Top Bottom