Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Sealed Fate (raizu kaguraiXShards)

Shards~Of~Roses

Supernova
fighter.jpg

Mina walked through the crowds giving greets as she was told. It was the celebration for her older brother's return from the war against a neighboring kingdom. While she wasn't happy that it seemed violence followed after misunderstandings when it came between kingdoms. It still seemed that while she understood this no one would listen to her fro one of either two reasons, she was a female or that she was the younger of the two. As she would keep up the fake smiles and welcomes to other nobles she finally got a small break as she headed to get a breathe of fresh air.

Her staff hit the floor with each step she it would clink again the tile floor. She had her staff with her at all times. She sometimes would even need it, she had a few medical conditions that had her having attacks. It was the reason why she wasn't allowed out of the castle. Most girls her age would have been sent out to find a prince for her to marry but no one wanted a princess who had sudden attacks. It wasn't her fault that her heart didn't seem to work right. Though to her she never felt like that was the only think different from her, as it always seemed she had a different way of thinking. She could understand a kingdom's want for trade of food and materials and couldn't understand why to go to war against them just because of a difference in their kingdom's belief in one god or that of many. To her all that would matter is that people don't die from lack of food because of such things, then again with what her brother did they won't die from such things if they only vow their souls to what she and her people believe in. It seemed to everyone else that was the right thing to do, yet to her she felt it was wrong.

(Alright you can come in at anytime)

f23ada93.jpg

Hidden in the crowd amongst the ignored civilians, a man stood, his face hidden by a hooded cloak, wishing not to have his figure noticed or seen by anyone, especially the royal family that greeted the soldiers return home from the war that had waged on until just recently. Beside his cloak, his whole body was covered in torn cloth, most of which looked like wrappings around him. He dressed himself in this get up when exploring this kingdom, his body covered in markings that would easily give himself away to those who knew of his race, so this kept that out of mind to anyone nearby.

When his eyes met the princess, his lips curled into a dark grin, watching as she waved to the civilians, unaware of how after today her life was about to change, fulfilling the wish his mother pleaded for revenge. Silently he moved away from the crowd to began his ascent to the Princess' room, nightfall soon falling over the city, many of the people heading home while guards followed their usual patrols."I have waited years for this day to finally come this family has disgraced my race, and after today I will return the favor."

Mina walked with her family giving smiles to those who returned. She was grateful so many returned yet she also knew how many lives were lost. She had urged her parents to build a home for those who lose both parents on the outlining villages. Many in the kingdom loved the princess for her heart as she seemed to have a big one yet all knew just how weak it was. While being royal many things were expected for one to be yet with the way she was born the pain that would pass over her she had trouble doing normal things sometimes. Many times she had the staff more there to help her than to protect her.

As the night came and she was able to return to her room she was grateful, for most of the night she had felt a pressure on her chest that wouldn't go away. As she changed and made it into her bed she gave a soft sigh as her eyes closed and took her to a peaceful place. It was there she always felt things were meant to be different for her than in the real world. There she saw creatures and symbols that no one could explain to her.

Slipping past the guards with ease, the man used his small daggers to scale up the castle walls, using the darkness to blend into the blackness of the walls, eyes focused on the window just above him where his target resides. He was that much closer to what he was after, the girl that would amke all the pain and suffering of his mind end as well as to calm the spirits of his ancestors. Along the way up, he came across a few ledges guarded by a guard or two, which were carefully disposed of by either tossing down to the ground below, or taking a dagger and slashing their throat. Detection at this point would mean nothing once he had Mina and fled the scene.

Eventually he reached the window and snuck inside, finding the princess laying in her bed, passed out in a pleasant calm slumber, looking at the staff she held at all times, a chuckled softly passing through his lips."I see the curse still exists..Though they have found a way to keep it in check." Slowly placing his hand on the top of the staff, he looked it over, wondering where its power source came from.

As he came into the room and walked towards her. The staff's gem started to glow as the pain came over her more so, as the staff would hinder the curse should a dragon be near her it makes the curse worse. The pain made her give out a whimper as her face showed how it took her body over. The gem was the major power source as it had been elves that had made it for her.

If he was near and she was without the staff she would feel stronger and even healthier as it would be him giving her that. Yet with him and the staff so close to her it was doing the exact opposite. The pain was slowly consuming her body as tears started to form.
4589800813_8d7671b852.jpg
(the staff)

A growl coarsed through his throat, seeing the staff giving the opposite effect that his presence should have given her, slowly backing away back to the window, watching from a distance, speaking softly to himself with a slightly angered tone."So..even though they figure we dragons are all dead they seem to use her as a detector of dragonkin. Sorry people but today that ends." Once he finished the man walked over to her staff, Grabbing it and suddenly chucking it out the window, chuckling as he now stood over the female whom lay still asleep in her bed.

"It is time this girl learned the truth about her 'illness' "he whispered as he lifted the girl from her bed, holding her in his arms while moving back to the window to escape, taking one last look back into the room, smirking a bit a red light starting to glow from his mouth, his intentions being that to burn her room, leaving nothing behind

As the staff was chucked she settled back into her sleep. She hadn't known a single thing about the dragons and what her family had done. Still as he picked her up she curled into his chest as all pain faded and her dreams seemed to become like a heaven to her. Even as she felt the warmth of his body against her's she didn't panic like she usually would with new people. She stayed calm and relaxed against him.

Feeling no discomfort or tension as he held her in his arms, the man smiled and left the room alone, the flame within his mouth dissipating as he leaped down, jumping from one ledge to the next on the way down, each jump bringing him closer to the ground so that he could get far away from the castle. He knew it wouldn't be longer until either the bodies were discovered or mina's room was found empty, without a sleeping princess. Finally reaching the ground, her captor took off into the forest, vanishing within the shadows, heading up north to the mountains where his village rest in ruins.

As she rested and they slipped away it was only moments after they made it to the forest that the alarm was raised. Many were shocked as they heard the king and queen call out for their daughter. Their voices fading into the background as he made his escape with her. It was as they were getting closer to the village did something start to wake Mina. It wasn't something out of fear that was waking her but it was as if someone was telling her now was the time to do so. She gave a whimper as she fought against it not wanting to leave the peaceful dream world. Only as she finally did wake, she realized that comfort and ease was still there with her which was something new for her.

As daybreak started to creep over the mountains, He sought refuge in a nearby cave, wanting nothing to do with moving in the daylight, since it would make him easier to spot in the search for Mina. And once he stopped and felt secure within the darkness he set the girl down, not noticing she was waking up from her slumber." Well, for once things work out like I planned, minus the rising of the sun but that is fine with me.."

As she heard a voice her eyes started to open. She gave a slight whimper to the fact she didn't feel her soft bed under her. Yet as her eyes focused to see the male standing over her she felt confused. "Where am I?' she asked him as she didn't panic though her mind was moving quickly to try and figure it out. THe second she noticed was her pain was gone and she felt like she could move about better. "Who are you?" she asked thinking something must be different about the place that had her feeling so much better.

He turned to her, walking towards her as she spoke and asked him questions."well at the moment we're in a small cave and my name is Raizu, but I cannot tell you anything else at the moment. So I suggest you just keep calm until I get you far away from this kingdom."he told her, his eyes locked on her, waiting to see her reaction to his words. He was usually a calm patient person, but he wasn't so tolerant with frantic screaming women in his presence.

Mina was a little more than shocked when she heard what he said. "Away from the kingdom? what are you talking about?" she asked him as she didn't understand. "Why would I leave home?" she asked him as she started to stand and looked about the cave trying to figure out just what she should do. As she thought about leaving, only as she started to move towards the mouth of the cave she found the more distance she put between the pain came back to her body.

Raizu made no movement to try and stop her from running away, knowing he could catch her with ease before she could get too far, But he also knew that the pain would overwhelm her if it didn't keep her close to him." Because your family has been hiding the truth from you, the truth about your illness, about the reason you're always in pain. And I can tell you now, that staff you had wasn't making you any better at all, the beings who made it was using it as a tool through you."he explained, taking a seat on the ground against the wall of the cave.

As she heard what he said and even as she felt the pain slowly take her body she wanted to tell him that he was wrong yet each step she took her body told her otherwise. "Why would they do that?" she asked as she stopped at the door leaning against the cave wall as she just couldn't seem to get the strength to take another step. How it seemed to drive her and yet at the same time she didn't know what else to do.

Raizu kept his gaze away from her, his eyes closed as he spoke, keeping his tone calm, hoping to make her understand and accept it."To keep you from coming in contact with those of Dragon blood. because my kind cursed you while you were growing within your mother. It is this reason that you were forced to keep the staff. Whenever a dragon was nearby, the staff would cause an opposite reaction and worsen your condition and the further they were the better you get. Your parents refuse to allow the remaining dragons if any at all to have you."

Hearing his words she couldn't think of her parents using her just to find if there really was dragon's still alive. "Why would they want to worsen the curse?" she asked him as she shook her head. "No they wouldn't do that to me. Their my parents they want to protect me not use me" she stated as she forced herself to keep moving and still now without the staff it felt as if the entire world was on her shoulders. Stepping out of the cave was easy but as her foot hit the slope of the mountain. Her footing slips as she slides down the hills she gave a groan as the pain increased as she was carried away from him.

He paid no mind to her at the moment, only to swing his head to where she fell as she slid down the hill. Raizu chased after her, shifting his body to slide down after her, moving a bit faster his body putting up less resistance to the air. When he got to her body he picked her up and jumped into a nearby tree, holding her to him as he stared at her.

As she felt him suddenly on her the pain was gone. She gasped in relief as she curled into him panting a little as she looked to him. "Why? Why would they?" she asked as she couldn't believe her pain was gone. With him so close she felt that strength return from before. She couldn't understand it, she just couldn't grasp the fact that her parents had been using her to find if the dragons were truly gone.

Raizu slowly made his way back carefully to the cave, her cradled in his arms as he sighed, her denial starting to aggrivate him. Once inside the cave he set her down away from the mouth of the cave." They did that to you to ensure that so long as you carried the staff dragons could not come near you or touch you."

Looking to him she wasn't sure what to think as he put her down. "So how did you get to me? And where is my staff?" she asked him as she just let it drop about her parents. She really wasn't that sure what to think at the moment though as she sat there her body felt stronger but she was a little hungry. "Okay lets just drop all that. Why do you have me? There must be a different reason than just saving me?' she stated to him as she just knew there had to be something for her to be here for him.

He chuckled a bit and answered her question before she told him to drop it"I got to you because my mother told me of the family that killed us off so I found my way to the castle. As for your staff, i threw it out the window back at the castle." Raizu looked at her, narrowing his eyes at the assault of questions she threw at him, wondering when she would just shut up and accept the facts."To get revenge on your family by taking you and making you my mate, but only willingly will it work. Besides, I don't force people into such things unless absolutely necessary."

Raizu waited for her answer, wondering how long the game of questions would continue before he could get some rest before nightfall. By then he would share her the true nature of his race, his true form, before taking her to his village, far from anyone she knew. And it is there where he will keep her, hiding the most crucial part of the curse placed upon her.

As she listened she almost laughed at him as she just shook her head. "No thanks doubt that will happen" she said to him as she just looked away. "Is there any food for me to eat?" she asked him as she was hungry and to her she wanted to know what to think other than the food she hoped he can get. Though as she leaned back and let him do what he wanted she just didn't want this to go wrong for her. She knew he was stronger than her that much was sure and without her staff she couldn't run. So at the moment all she could do was wait for something to change while she wasn't sure what that would be.

Raizu looked towards her, sensing the doubt in her head, shaking his head when she told him she pretty much wouldn't agree to such a thing. With that he stood and left the cave."I will be back for food, I suggest you stay here and relax, I won't be too far so the pain you will feel shouldn't be too bad." With that he left the cave in search of food.

As he told her that he would go and get food she nodded her head. Though she didn't like the thought of having to deal with the pain without her staff anymore. Only as he started to leave she felt the pain return again as she laid down closing her eyes trying to just ignore it all. She hoped it would too long before he would be back with food.

Back
Top Bottom