Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Payback's a Bitch (Cevl and Shards)

Fayndu couldn't help but watch the princess' body move while she walked over the the outfit chest, and while she put her clothes. He had to admit she was beautiful, unlike most princesses, who were arrogant and ugly from the fat food they got. She was just nice, but seemed weak, and he had to hold himself back from acting upon that. He'd still have to kill her. There was another part, further down his body, which was begging to go at her and teach her to want to let him take her body willingly, but he willed that away too. "nice trick." He said when the staff returned. "I thought I had scorched that while we were still in the tower."

As she heard him speak of the staff she shook her head. "Well this staff is as much as part of me as my hair is" she stated as it was the truth. While she was born with the hair on her head the staff appeared to her when she was younger and in need of it. Now she call on it at anytime, only it had become something like a safety blanket that she wanted to keep with her. As she took a seat once more her mind wondered to just what was going on. "Why did you take me?' she asked him.

"Well, I can scorch your hair too, and it won't come back that quickly." The man said, but he had more experience then most in the means of magic, so he could understand what was going on. "Well, because I couldn't well let you stay naked in a room with the remains of your brother, now could I? If you want I can bring you to that king your brother had planned to bring you to, if you'd rather be there then with me.' HE said.

As she heard what he said she shook her head as at first she actually felt like laughing at that only as she heard the statement about her brother she was shocked. "You killed my brother?" she asked almost like it couldn't be done. While she didn't mind being there the news of her brother's death was a little more than shocking to her. To her it was like her brother couldn't be beat, he always got away with things and it didn't matter just how bad his deeds had been. "Oh no thanks but I think I'm fine" she stated at the thought of actually being sold wasn't very pleasant.

The man nodded "Yes, I did. There was no other way around it, at least most probably, and I didn't want to find the other solutions." He said. "No single man can kill a dragon." was the explaination he gave for it directly afterwards. He stood and walked around the fire, so she could see him again, with the tail hanging behind his back, and sat down next to her.

Mina wasn't sure what to think as she heard him speak on the fact that he felt there was no other choice than to kill her brother. She knew that she should feel bad for her brother's death yet she still couldn't get over the fact his hurt her so many times over the years due to a complex of his. Only as she saw him come around the fire she was more than shocked to see that he was a dragon. "How . . . how did you survive?" she asked as she so badly wanted to understand how he made it through her parents killings of them.

"My mother was pregnant of me, but they didn't know that the baby was one of 'my kind'." He said, empasizing the 'my kind', as something completely idiotic. He sat down on a barkless log serving as a bench next to her. He heard the shock in her voice. He hoped that in her next words there would be empathy, or actually didn't. He had no need for binding to this girl. He just needed to do what he had to do, then go off do his own thing. He needed to let her give herself to him willingly, and he hoped he could do that without tainting himself.

As she heard what he said she shook her head. "I'm sorry they did that" she said to him as she just looked away. "I wouldn't have done what they did" she stated with such a firmness to her tone that you could tell she actually meant it. "So why did you take me? You didn't have to do anything. Doing something just told the world your still here" she stated as she looked to him wondering why he was doing such things.

The man sat next to her, the ends of his mouth tilting up slightly at what she said. She was either a great liar, or was telling the truth. "The world would once have to know about me. I wouldn't let my race die out without final 'fuck you' to the world." He said. His tail had slid next to him on the log, and was doing odd things, like it had a mind of it's own, which it often had, if he didn't control it.

As she looked to him she gave a nod of her head as she understood that. "So your going to fulfill the curse just to make your kind happy in death?" she asked him as she looked to the stars. "Hate to say this but that makes no sense." she said to him as she shook her head. "If it makes you feel better then sure go ahead killing me will just add another to the death toll." she stated as all it really would do is make the reason for the killing of his kind true.

The man shook his head, and said "I won't kill you, because I can't." He wondered if she knew about the curse, as for how she was talking to him, it appeared not. "And as you said, even if it would, it wouldn't help. I already killed the prince, why should I kill another one of the royals?" He couldn't help it, but a tiny part of him began to doubt his hate for this woman. Part of her seemed to be fairly smart.

Mina looked to him as she heard that he couldn't kill her. That was strange to her how could he kill her brother but not her. "Okay not that you to kill me why can't you? I don't understand what you getting at. If you are taking me away then why aren't you killing me?" she asked him as she just couldn't get her mind about it, she could have sworn all vengeance was with killing.

The man shrugged, and said "If I, or anyone, could kill you right now it might have been a good idea, but there are far worse means of exacting revenge on someone. Even by just keeping you here, and returning you later, would be some sort of revenge. They will have worried about you a lot, and probably will think you killed, making it another hard blow to get you back."

Mina listened to him as she thought it over. "Yes I believe that would be true seeing as I'm the heir now that my brother is dead and gone" she stated to him as she gave a sigh. "So your just keeping me here to make my people and family sweat it out" she said to him as she thought about it. Truly it actually did make a lot of sense when she thought about it. "Well then what is next?" she asked, she knew that was a strange question but she was curious and couldn't help but ask him.

The man didn't really know what to respond to all those questions, starting to think they're annoying. "Why don't you think I'm keeping you here just because I like to do so?" He asked her back, deciding he'd take the answering questions to her. "What would you want me to do next? I don't even think you would want to go back, where you'd be left with memories of your brother, and the burden of becoming queen."

As Mina heard his questions she turned and looked to the fire. "So another burden for my people. Yes I know what becoming queen means but I wouldn't have the people go out and kill just to get what they want. Wars just because people think or act and even believe differently than us wouldn't happen. It would hurt and take a lot only I can't watch as others are killed. Even if I feel the pain I would do it for them." she said to him. "Right now I'm not sure what to do. In truth this is the first time I've ever been out of the castle so in truth no right now I don't want to go back, but I will for them" she stated as she was firm in her belief that she would do better for the people. "Before no one listened because I was just the second in line and weak. I can get my voice out as the heir and queen." she finished as she looked back at him her eyes locking with his.

Back
Top Bottom