Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Should I leave my fiance?

Hikaru Sakato

Super-Earth
I was going to put some anonymity into this but why bother when this is a serious issue... no need to sugar-coat it.

So here's the situation...

I went to a con and was staying in a hotel with a few friends. My fiance came up cause we were all supposed to go to this big rave together at the convention. Before we were supposed to leave, I had some drinks and hugged this guy friend of mine. I heard I was about to kiss him.

My fiance came out of nowhere and smacked me on the rear really hard. He hit me twice, and the second time I sort of collapsed. He said, "You deserved it." And that was it...

Now, before you all go saying, "This guy is abusive!" and la la la... Please understand that he's never done this before. I spent the rest of my weekend trying to tell my friends that this isn't how it usually is and my fiance isn't this monster that beats me up.

It's been about two weeks since the convention, and I still think about it. Even though I forgave him and he promised he'd never do it again (he hasn't touched me since), a part of me is like "What do I do now?" I gave my ring to him because I felt we needed to think things through. But now I want my ring back.

I said I had too much to drink that night but everyone's saying, that's no excuse for his behavior and he could have handled it better. I don't know what to do. I want to stay with him but these flashbacks are making me rethink things.

First off, I'm moving this to journals.

Second off, stop defending the guy. He hit you in a non-consensual manner. End of story. Just because he didn't do it before means jack shit. Sorry, it does. I'm not going to sugar coat it. Most abusive people don't show their true colors until later, after some time has elapsed. It can be a month, a year, several. Doesn't matter. Also promises? Yeah. Sorry. When it comes to safety like that.......... I've never known a person to say sorry after such an act and mean it. Not without intervention. So, there you have it. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but the reality of your situation is harsh.

My advice, get out of the relationship, cut ties. Don't look back. You do? You're asking for it to happen again.

Personally, I have to agree with DA on the whole "stop defending him, bullshit." It shows that he has a temper and jealously streak. If he had decided to smack the guy you had "supposedly kissed," that would have been a different story. However, he hit you enough for you to be on the ground.

Yeah, drop him and keep the ring anyway. Pawn it or something.

Back
Top Bottom