Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Fable of Heroes ( Luna x Jugger)

Felixia_Luna

Supernova
The Kingdom was without its beloved King and Queen, as they were off to fight the retreating darkness. The Crawler was destroyed, and the darkness had retreated across the seas. The King had decided that this threat had to be eliminated at its source. Thus, with his Heroine Queen, he led the army on a crusade, leaving behind his only son to govern Albion. They had high hopes for their son, after he had helped annihilate the darkness from the continent.

That is the past, not the present.

Sydney sighed in frustration and stormed toward the Prince's bedchambers. Her heels clicked on the polished marble as she rounded the last corner before throwing the heavy wooden doors open. She looked over at the four-post bed with a couple of forms under the covers and shook her head. "Time to wake up, Prince." She walked to the windows and pulled the curtains open. The warm morning sunlight spilled through, landing squarely on the bed. "We can't all lay in bed all day, so the Prince shouldn't as well." She went over to the bed and threw the covers off of the Prince.

Nathan grumbled as he felt the covers that covered him fly off of his body. He turned his back to her, wearing the one piece white pajama suit that he had worn for the night before. "Go away Sydney...So tired..." He murmured as he cuddled together with himself. "Just five more minutes...that won't hurt anyone will it...?" He called out to her with a groan as he turned around so he faced her. One eye lazily peeked up to look at her, waiting to see what she would do. He was serious about sleeping another five minutes, but he was just annoyed with whatever it would be she would do to him.

Shaking her head in annoyance, she whistled and the maid that he had been with suddenly awoke, before blushing heavily and scampering from the room. "You must really learn to have better tastes in....people." She said, watching the maid go and sighing. She turned back towards him and lowered her palm at him, whispering quickly for a Force Push spell to fly from her, hitting him squarely in the chest and shooting him from the bed. "You really do have a busy schedule today, Prince. Now, get up and change your clothes, five minutes. Ha." She giggled and flicked her purple hair away from her matching lavender eyes.

Feeling himself get pushed from the bed was an obvious waking call for him. He grumbled as he lay dazed on the ground with pillows and the bed sheet he was sleeping on wrapped around his legs from how he was sent flying. "Aye...Aye...! Alright!" He said as he stood up and pushed down the bed sheet to slip out of it. He walked over to his wardrobe closet and walked in, and a few moments later, came out with some casual clothes. "Alright alright Sydney...Whats on my agenda today..."

She motioned him to follow and she pulled out a scroll and began to scan it. "With your Mother and Father away on the crusade, you need to determine the tax levels for the people. They need funding you know..." She trailed off and smiled. They turned into the main hallway and began to head towards the thrown room. "Next, you will have to decide what to do with some protester ringleaders. A rather unsavory lot I might add." She shuddered delicately and blew the hair from her eyes. "Lastly, you will need to rule on the city watch level and payment. After that, you should be free for the rest of the day." She shrugged and opened the door to the throne room. "Please act somewhat dignified, I have a reputation you know." She turned and walked into the room, moving between the crowds gathered to hear the ruling and took her place on the right side of the throne, sitting on a cushioned stool.

"Why should I behave myself just to have your reputation stay as high as it is?" He murmured to her with a small, questioning leer. Sitting upon the throne, he watched as a guard stepped forward, bringing along a few people cuffed together. They seemed frightened, but the guard began to explain their wrongdoings about how the kingdom was being run, and that the Royal Family of Albion needed to be taken down to bring forth a new movement of leaders, rather than just one monarch. Nathan looked to Sydney and frowned. "I don't know what to do...They have no reason to go to jail for simple protesting, yet their claims could be devestating to my family's appeal...What do you think I should do Sydney?"

She looked at the protesters then back at the Prince. "It is up to your majesty...but with most of the royal family away, I don't believe it is wise for such, ideals, to be circulated. We are weak as a nation, presently, just now recovering from the invasion...it would be unwise to risk further erosion. Like as I said before...it is your choice." She smiled and leaned back on her stool, enjoying the looks of terror on the prisoners. For just a moment, her lavender eyes flashed a deep crimson.

Nathan contemplated a little more on the decision. The death penalty was a bit much for simple protesters...yet he could not just let them go and continue their rantings. "Throw them in the dungeon for one hundred days. That should give them a taste of some punishment that will be dished out for any who oppose my family. Sydney, call in the next person on the list that is to be judged by the prince of Albion."

"Come forward, Watch Captain William!" She called out into the crowd, with the Captain walking up to the throne. "Yes, mi'lady." He began and then cleared his throat. "Your majesty, I, a humble servant to the crown, will be acting as the spokesman for the city watch. To cut down on crime by attracting more people to join our ranks, the city will start to gain momentum in the market place. Just increase the annual pay of the guardsmen, and you will see the investment repaid tenfold." He stopped and stood to attention, looking the prince in the eye.

Sydney nodded then swiveled back toward the Prince. "He makes a good point your majesty, increasing the pay would attract more members to the guard. However, I am not convinced that our investment in their pay would be paid back, since we will need to pay more and more people. Of course, an oppressed city is a good city."

"Hm...perhaps you are correct..." He said to Sydney before looking back to William. "Your demands will be met...however...in doing so of raising the guard pay by a few more coins, I will raise city taxes by five percent." Though, not everyone would be able to become a guard, and the single women and single mothers would be unable to help pay for taxes. "Sydney! Call the last person on the agenda so that I may get out and do as I wish."

"Uhhhhh, you already finished it with that last declaration." She turned and waved William away, who nodded in satisfaction. "Court dismissed." She declared to the crowd, who shuffled out and back to their lives. She stood up and stretched, popping her joints. "Well, that was very productive. You are free to go frolicking, whoring, etc. Just remember you are a prince." She started to walk towards the door.

"Wait Sydney." He called out to her before rising from his throne. He walked over to her and walked behind her, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her gently against his body as he looked down to her, his breath hitting the side of her hair as he spoke to her. "What say you and I get out of here...Come on...you've been denying me for a good while...I'm all for women rights, especially when it comes to sex...so I won't force you into it...but I'll always tempt you...So come on...what do you say huh?" He had no idea who or what she really was.

She blushed heavily, before her former self came back to the fore. She pushed away from him, shaking her head. "That is a very...unseemly manner for a Prince...especially in public." She looked around, satisfied that no one saw that, and turned her attention back to Nathan. "Just...calm down and go adventure or something." She crossed her legs a little in emphasis.

"Oh come now Sydney! You've had a stick up your ass that hasn't been mine for quite a while! You've no male to call your own, yet you do not allow yourself to be pleased by your prince. What is it that you are trying to do? Save yourself for the 'one true love' or are you under some holy oath to remain virginous for the rest of your days?" He crossed his arms and sighed. "Adventure...I'd rather not go adventuring with my parents out in the crusades. Who would run the kingdom for my week away?"

She grinned slyly, then adopted a hurt expression. "Meany....are you questioning my abilities? I have served your family loyally... obediently...and effectively for longer then even you remember. You could go adventuring, and I could remain behind to keep your throne warm. But..its your choice....sadly." She frowned, adding to her hurt impression, walking back out of the throne room and towards the kitchens.

He felt guilty for having said that, and since she practically already ruled the kingdom with his parents gone, he might as well give her a slight temporary ownership of the kingdom for one week...which could easily be overthrown by himself...or, he could take her with him and leave one of the generals in charge, for they were old and wiser than he was, and from what he knew, Sydney as well. Walking over to Sydney, he grabbed her hand and sighed. "I made my decision....You'll just have to come with me!" He said with a happy grin on his face. "I'll leave a general in charge. I'm sure we could get you loosened up from your tight attitude if you just spend a whole week with me out in the forest! What do ya say? Not like you have a say in the matter mind you..." He said with a devious grin.

She stuttered and looked dumbfounded, unable to believe what she heard. She groaned loudly and rubbed her eyes, going to hate the answer she was likely to get. "And where...were you thinking of going for a week?" She entered the kitchens and started to order the cooks and maids around, preparing for lunch. "Just....let me get packed...or something." She just shook her head, knowing this would not end well, for her.

(Ah...was wondering where you went to...I missed our RPs T__T lol)

"Where are we going? Why we're going to be going out into the forest for a bit...Its the best place around for survival tactics what with Hobbes and Bandits around. Its where I always go when I'm on my...'trips'...that I tell father and mother. But they aren't here, and I trust you enough with my secrets." He said with a smile. "Whenever you are ready, we will head out...alright?"

She sighed theatricality and bowed to him, "As you wish, your majesty." She went to her room and started filling a pack full of her items. She threw in a couple change of clothes, several health potions, and a thick book to read when they were away. "Hmmmm, what else should I bring....." She wondered as she strapped a sword belt on, attaching a rapier and a pistol to it. She sat on her bed and groaned. She put on a cloak and added a pillow and bedroll to her pack, thinking a tent was too heavy. She looked shyly to her bedside table and bit her lower lip......."Might as well enjoy myself I guess." She whispered and put a small bundle inside her pack. She picked up her coin purse and filled it with as much as she dared. "Alright...." She went back to the kitchens, to meet up with Nathan again.

When she would arrive, Nathan would already be waiting for her, having packed virtually nothing except for his weapon. "It is about time Sydney." He said with a frown as he looked to her. "Come on! We need to go." He walked over and grabbed her hand as he began to lead her out of the castle through a side entrnace that was only a small gate to the nearby garden that would be their exit to the forest. When they began to enter, he let her go and smiled to her gently. "Hope you enjoy this as much as I do. The danger is a thrill out here."

"Uhhhhh, Nathan.....you forgot the food..." She said, a strained smile plastered on her face. She laughed and watched as he ran back into the kitchen to collect their food. She shook her head when he returned, his pack stuff with their food. "Alright, let's go." She started walking on the dirt path, relaxing while they were on vacation.

"Hmph...We could have easily hunted out food but I guess since you're new to this we could bring it along." He said as he brought all of the food back with him. As they walked, he made mental notes of his way back to the castle before stopping in a clearing. "Okay...This is far enough...Lets go ahead and lay out the camp stuff." He moved over and pulled over a fallen log to the area and thne began to pick up some sticks and branches before dropping them off a little bit away from the log. "This can be where the fire will be. For now, though...We just set up camp."

"Uhhhh, we could travel further...it's only noon." She dropped her pack, then looked around, not quite sure what she should do. She went around and collected more sticks, dropping them in the pile.

He rose an eyebrow. "You know...for someone who didn't want to come in the first place, I'd expected you to want to be closer to the castle, not farther away from it." He shrugged. "Though, no. We stay here for now. We're out here for a week so we can move in deeper tomorrow. Right now, we should discuss something without the fear of spies in the area...Should we discuss the way the kingdom is being run without my parents? I'm a little worried because its not entirely like how my parents would have run it."

"What's wrong with the way we are running it? I don't see much of a difference." She shrugged and sat down, trying to light the pile of wood. She growled when it didn't start and furiously started to try again. "What...did....you....notice..." She yelped in surprise when a flame sprung from the wood, quickly catching the other wood on fire. She grinned widely and felt so accomplished.

Back
Top Bottom