Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Once Upon... (CLOSED)

Oliver was heading home, just like every other day after his classes at the community college he was at. As he headed home he was stopped by a man asking for some change. This man was tall and splendid looking his hair dark like a pitch black night and his eyes such an auburn they looked like they might burst into flame at any second. Oliver shook his head and told the man he was sorry, that he didn't have any change on him. He was about to head back on his way when the man grabbed his arm. "That is not the kind of change, I'm looking for." he said.

Oliver looked at the man strangely, as everything started to become fuzzy. He shook his head several times to figure out what was going on, he rubbed his eyes and by the time he looked around again, everything had changed. There were walls around him, all made of a desert looking stone. He had never seen stones like these where he lived.

"Glad to see you made it through without fainting, my dear boy." the man said "I am Martok, the wizard of this grand city, and you dear boy, are my sacrifice." his eyes widened slightly and his smile became twisted.

Oliver looked at Martok like he was crazy and pulled his arm away, not hesitating to run for it, something he was rather good at.

Oliver ran as fast as he could through the winding corridors and through many doors until he finally found the outside. He stopped when he saw that every building looked like the one he was in just moments before. He heard foot steps behind him, and looked back. "Shit." he said as he headed off in a random direction. Martok's guards were following after Oliver, told that whatever they did Oliver had to be alive, at least for now. Oliver found a small space in between a wall, it looked like a hole that had been busted through and he nearly flew into it, only to trip over something. He turned to see what it was, to see if the guards had found him. Only to find two men laying on the ground in what looked like a very intimate embrace. "S-sorry" he mumbled and scooted back, as one of the men ran off. He looked at the other and then the hole he had come through, he could hear the guards getting closer, what on earth was he going to do?

RE: Once Upon... (AlexsSketches, Joss)

Well this serving boy was just as disappointing as the last, the prince thought lazily. The prince continued to thrust trying to picture anyother man writhing at the end of his cock. Perhaps I will try one of the stable-hands later they at least know how to ride.

Suddenly a young man wearing the strangest clothes tripped right over the two men. The serving boy gasped and attempted to hide his manhood between his cupped hands. He quickly fled through the exit leaving a rather confused prince behind.

" Well I sure do not know you," the prince stated as he lazily stood and pulled his britches on. When they were tied the prince wiped his forehead with his shirt, sending sweaty black curls bouncing. Bluish gray eyes the color of the sea before a storm, roved over the newcomer. " You're quite lucky that that was the most boring coupling I have had in a tenday. So what are you running from boy? I doubt a wolf is after you but by the way you look like a scared rabbit perchance there is?"

Oliver eyed the man for a little while and then looked at the hole in the wall. "I'm sorry!" he said "I didn't mean to bother you, I'm just..." he fidgeted, he didn't have time for this. Just then he saw one of the guards running past the wall, his eyes widened and he looked around trying to find something to hide behind. He found a few clay vases, large ones, and ducked behind them. He closed his eyes and prayed that the guards wouldn't follow him in here, hoped that no one saw him but this man. Where was he? Where on earth did they still have these strange clothes and stone buildings, it looked like something out of a history book. Now he really wished he had payed much more attention in history. He heard one of the guards enter into the hole and he tensed.

"You! Have you-" the guard started only to quickly stand at attention "Prince! I'm terribly sorry, I didn't realize it was you, by chance have you seen a boy pass by, he has very strange clothes on. Martok is looking for him, he has stolen something from the great wizard." the guard had no idea that he was lying to the prince, he had just spoken what Martok had told him. Martok, of course, didn't want anyone to know that he was intending to kill the royal family with his sacrifice. Rule number one in taking over the empire was to not let anyone know.

The prince eyed the two guards searching behind their thick visors for their faces. " Gustin and Born do I look like I have seen anyone to you? I was merely seeking some quiet place to gather my thoughts, since father has taken ill the weight of the kingdom has been on my shoulder, or have you forgotten?" The prince scooped up his tunic and let the velvety blue material slide across his chest. He cinched the outfit with a belt that had a iron buckle shaped into a lightning bolt, one of his personal sigils. With a flick of his toe he flipped the royal circlet from the ground to his waiting hand. When he place it on his head he turned the milky moonstone until it was centered on his forehead. The guards just watched nervously no doubt they were thinking that it was odd the prince was quietly contemplating half nude in some storage space. They were to wise to mention it though.

The prince lifted one eyebrow, " And you are still here because? Look around you dolts why would a runaway chose a room with only one exit to "escape" to," the prince shook his head as if he was talking to babes. " Now go and find this thief you can borrow my royal guardian Vladimir if you do not think two of you are enough to find one "strangely dressed" boy," with that the guards were shooed away.

After only a couple moments the prince called over his shoulder, " So "strangely dressed" boy what have you stolen from my mentor? I hope it was worth it?"

Oliver tensed and stood up slowly "I haven't stolen anything!" he said and soon covered his mouth, the man...no prince, the prince had said his mentor. "If anything was stolen it was me!" he said, he probably should run, shouldn't he? The prince was Martok's student, but like he had said there was only one exit and the prince was standing in front of it. "H-he said he wanted to sacrifice me." he said and stepped back, checking the room for something he could use against the other if need be. "He kidnapped me to...to...I don't even know where and then told me he was going to kill me! Do you think I would have spent my time stealing something from him?" he asked.

Oliver stepped back further and realized his back was against the wall now. "You lied to those guards about what you were doing in here..." he had to think quick. "No one knows you've slept with a man, do they?" he asked.

The prince narrowed his eyes and took a step closer, " Well that is no way to talk to a prince. Especially one that just saved you from the dungeons or if by some small chance your wild claims are true death. It is customary to bow and introduce thyself to a royal personage let alone the crown prince of the realm."

The prince took another step closer and grabbed the bows chin and stared right into his eyes. " No most of my servants are not aware I dally with the same sex, nor would I tell them, princes eventually become kings and are expected to make little princes and princesses. My lady bride whatever noble house she comes from will just have to share not that her opinion will matter overmuch," with that the prince took a ring off of his finger, it was watersilver a highly prized mystical metal. It was shaped like a serpent consuming it's own tail, the eyes were nothing but common moonstone.

"Put this on unless you want Martok to find you with a scrying spell. My mentor is probably already gathering his incense to attempt such a ritual. My skills are nowhere near his but I know more than I let on. I have enchanted this ring to keep unwanted magical attention away. I think I will keep you little thief for a while unless you wish me to find Martok straight away?" The prince smirked and his stormy eyes blazed.

Oliver gulped as the other stepped closer and frowned a bit before taking the ring and putting it on himself. "Thank you." he said and gave a mock bow. "I'm Oliver, Mr. Prince." he said. "Now...if you don't mind, I'll take my leave, I can handle myself." he said and started to head out of the storage room. He just need to find a phone, he could call his family and they could come get him. No problem, right? As far as he was concerned he had just ended up in a town full of crazy people. "I'll just call my parents and be out of your way." he said. "By the way, what is this place called?" he asked, might as well know where to send his parents.

The prince blink quite startled that this boy had no idea how to formally introduce himself even the girl who fed the chickens could curtsy correctly and say her family name. What a strange boy, an amusing boy, the prince could feel himself getting excited. " Prince Tawnos Baratheon, Stormborn, third of my name, Son of Eron Baratheon, Peacemaker, first of his name, true King of the Seven Realms and Lord of the First Men. Sovereign of all land before the Narrow Sea." The prince sketched a full bow, his fingers scraping the floor.

" And you my little thief are not going anywhere," Tawnos looked at the floor, " Lucky for you the serving boy left you a disguise, you are now one of my personal attendants congratulations."

Oliver stared at the man "What?" was all he could even think of saying, still stuck on the name. He finally realized what the other was saying and shook his head "Oh no, Prince Tawnos...whatever. I'm going home. To my mom and dad and sister." he said and tried to think if he had heard of a fair or something that was called Seven Realms. He frowned when he couldn't think of anything "Now, quit with the act, I know you carnies are all crazy about getting this stuff right, but I need to get home. Now will you tell me where the hell I am?" he asked. "I mean, I can just go find a payphone and call the operator, or the police, or someone like that." he said and shook his head.

He was very confused by this man. "And I'm not going to be your personal attendant in any way, shape, or form." he said and then looked at the ring, wait, why did he put this on in the first place if he didn't believe in any of this anyway. There was no such thing as magic...was there? Oliver fidgeted a bit, his gut had told him to put it on, which meant his gut knew something he didn't. "What did you mean by magic? You were just joking, right? Play a joke on the confused kid, right?" Oh god, please let it be play a joke on the confused kid. Come to think of it, he hadn't seen a payphone on his way here...and these walls did look like they had been here for a while and this city was huge and lots of roads to turn on, getting him confused to where he was going as he ran. Could it really just be a carnival? Or was it something else?

Tawnos was confused, he hated feeling confused. He was also being disobeyed, that just didn't happen. He tried to focus on all the things this young Oliver had rambled about, " This is Dorne the Southern most realm. You must be from somewhere far to the north to not know that the King lives in the South. Or perhaps you are from across the Narrow Sea, it would explain the strange accent and clothes."

The prince glowered, " What in the Nine Hells is a payfoan and a cairnee?," his mouth struggling on the strange words. " I assure you that none of my titles include Cairnee. Are your lands called Cairn?" the prince rubbed his temples confusion and anger always brewed the most powerful headaches.

" Besides you truly do not have a choice Oliver, to disobey me is not only treason but stupidity I could bespell you but I do prefer my servants to remain conscious, they just serve me better. So you truly have three options. Live and serve me until I figure this out. I can turn you into the most willing servant but you shall not remember your old life and I do hate a mystery. Or die by Martok or my own hands."

The prince tried to keep his face stony to keep from giving away the fact, that the magic to completely control someone was far beyond his meager talents. This boy seemed touched in the head though he did not even believe in magic, " Confused boy Oliver, I do not joke very often, also how can one not believe in magic? That is like not believing in rain or trees, these things just are..."

Oliver looked at him so confused. "No, no...I'm from New York." he said and sat on one of the crates. "I'm no where near there, am I?" he asked, more to himself than to Tawnos. "I don't really like those options..." he mumbled "As for the magic thing, where I come from magic is something people do to get money, it's not real, just slight of hand." he said and looked at Tawnos. He frowned at the man but picked up the clothes and looked at Tawnos. "I suppose you want me to put these on now?" he asked.

He supposed he would deal with this as it went, figure out where he was and then go home. At least the prince didn't seem to mind helping him too much. Then again, he did say that he would hand him over to Martok if he didn't listen to him. Oliver guessed he'd just have to be careful.

As the boy slumped down on the crate for the tiniest moment Tawnos let his face change from cool royal demeanor to concern. Just as quickly he replaced his emotional mask, but Oliver had looked so defeated it had made the prince's heart flutter in sympathy. " I do not need to do magic for money confused boy Oliver but it is nice to do it for other people's enjoyment, the Dark Lady knows that I have had few chances to do so," with a flick of his fingers and a whispered word a small blue flower appeared in Tawnos' hand. " For you Oliver, please do not look so sad, and yes I think you should change into those clothes, your strange getup will attract too much attention." He smirked hoping he looked sincere.

Prince Tawnos was surprised he prided himself on judging character fast and accurately, this Oliver seemed to be just honestly scared, confused and alone. The prince decided right there and then that this boy was no thief. What was Martok planning?

Oliver arched his eyebrow, taking the flower "Please, none of this confused boy bit, Oliver is just fine. We don't have titles where I come from...well, not really." he said and looked at the flower "See, people from New York do this too, but they have it up their sleeve or something." he was still unsure about this man's 'magic' but he would play along. He moved behind the vases and got undressed and redressed. It took him a little while to figure how to tie the thing, but he figured it out eventually. He stood up, his legs being shown off the most, smooth. He stood at about 6 foot and had a long slender body, he was on the cross country team back at school, so he kept fit. His hair was a light brown, matching his eyes. His hair currently was not really messed up like it usually was, for once it was staying in place and being good to him. It was short, but enough long enough for someone to run their fingers through it.

Oliver grabbed his elbow and shrugged in the toga. "This better?" he asked, glancing down at it. "It's a little short." he said, and tugged lightly at the hem of the toga. "What should I do with my clothes?" he asked, moving to pick them up. The light catching the small scar under his right knee, from an old bicycle accident.

The prince eyed the boy's shadow as he changed outfits. Such a skinny silhouette Tawnos mused to himself, well Gerda, the huge ogre of a woman cook for the keep, will take care of that in time. When the boy rounded the corner Tawnos smirked but did not want to embarrass the lad. He walked a quick circle around Oliver as if judging his appearance. In truth he was examining the boys assets. The boy was quite adorable in his borrowed clothes.

"Well the clothes will do half the trick but for a time I think we best change your hair color and darken your skin to match our more southern suns. Would you prefer to be golden of hair or perhaps a deep red will make your eyes stand out?"

Oliver looked confused "What's wrong with my hair?" he asked, he understood his skin, compared to that of the prince's he was very pale. He tugged on his hair a bit "I think it looks fine." he said, and frowned a bit. He had watched the other circle around him, almost frowning the entire time. "What? You see something you like, but can't have?" he asked, arching his eyebrow. "Remember you have to make all the babies." he said and chuckled. He probably should have been more polite to the man, but it was in his nature to tease people.

At first the prince cringed at the boy being so cheeky, did this boy know who he was speaking to? Then Tawnos realized for the first time in a long time he was truly happy to be talking to someone. Perhaps there was more to this boy, he chuckled too, " Well I do have to make the babies, but a prince is allowed to have fun as well."

Tawnos rubbed his hand down Oliver's cheek and cupped his chin. His eyes were intense searching the brown depths of those that belonged to the boy from New York. Catching himself Tawnos reached out and tapped Oliver on the tip of the nose, " I was merely attempting to disguise you, the guards might not notice you but I wouldn't expect Martok to be fooled by a change of clothes only."

Damn this Oliver was distracting him best get this boy into his private chambers where he would be safe.

Oliver blinked and followed, from what he could, Tawnos's hand with his eyes. He fidgeted slightly at the eyes staring at him, into him. He filched slightly at the tap to his nose and smiled a bit "You said the ring was supposed to keep me safe." he said. He pulled back from the other, he wasn't going to lie, at least staying with this prince wasn't going to be all that bad, he was pretty cute. He gestured towards the door. "Are you going to lead the way? Or are you going to follow a supposed servant that has no idea where he is going?" he asked. "Prince." he added. He wasn't sure how to be proper here, but he might as well attempt to do so, no need to draw attention like Tawnos said.

The boy wasn't dumb, that was clear. " One moment Oliver of New York you still look as pale as mare's milk." Tawnos touched his own cheek and then held his hand palm flat in front of his lips. He spoke a guttural word and blew softly. Small motes of light drifted from the palm of his hand and spread across Oliver's form. Where they touched they turned his skin from pale to bronzed.

" I hope that was not too uncomfortable, it always makes my eyes itch. Now follow me and carry one of those," he gestured at the vases. " They will assume you are being my porter. Follow me and if anyone approaches look down and only refer to me as your Grace. Anyone who appears to be of some consequence is m'lord and m'lady. Everyone else is goodsir or gentlewoman. Got it? Then let us go", Tawnos stepped through the exit and trudged towards his royal suite.

Oliver looked down at his skin, in astonishment. He looked at the other and shook his head "Not yet, I...don't have to stay like this all the time while I'm here right?" he asked as he headed over to the vase and picked it up and hurried to follow the other. He kept his eyes down cast anyway, every time he saw a guard he nearly held his breath, and moved every so slightly closer to the prince.

Oliver was a nervous wreck while walking though the city to Tawnos's palace. He wanted to look around like crazy, to try and see if he could pinpoint where he was. he was right about not seeing payphones though. Not a single one. That wasn't a good sign. Then again, the fact that magic was real, wasn't a good sign either. Could it just be an illusion? Maybe he was on drugs?

It didn't take long for the men to approach the royal palace. The gates were open admitting many people, carts and animals. The guards gave a bugle and rose a small blue pennant when the prince entered through the gates. A flock of brightly colored courtiers descended on the two before the prince shooed them away muttering under his breath, " perfumed vultures."

The prince walked swiftly through the courtyard leading them to a stairway on the outside of the wall leading up.

Oliver followed the other, tensing when he saw more guards. He followed the other up the wall "H-hey, um, your grace." he started, looking around to make sure that no one was within ear shot "You mind telling me where we are going? This thing is starting to get heavy." he said, politely but he still had a sense of impatiences in his voice. "I would really..." he stared out along the city and stopped walking. He continued to stare, not minding where the prince was going now. He had never seen a city so vast, or so old looking. He couldn't be in New York, or even the United States. "Where did you say this city was again?" he asked "Like, what continent?"

" The lands of Khoirvarre, this is King's Landing, the capital of the seventh kingdom of Dorne," Tawnos rolled his eyes at Oliver, " Anyone should know that, perhaps Martok used his sorcery on your mind because you act as a feeblewit."

Oliver shook his head. "Anyone from your area perhaps. Have you ever heard of America, um, Canada? Europe? Asia? Anything like that?" he asked. "And I'll have you know where I'm from I'm in college, do you even have colleges here?" he asked. "I've never heard of Khoirvarre. I've heard of King's Landing though. But that's just an area of land, it doesn't exist anymore. It hasn't for..." his face dropped he was starting to catch on and dropped the vase "Oh my god..." he glanced out over the city again, he wasn't going to find a payphone...not for a very long time.

Tawnos stared at his strange captive, then looked around, " Well it seems to exist to me," he ruffles the boys brown hair. " You are a strange boy Oliver of New York. Come my chambers await," with that the lord opened a large iron door. The room they entered was opulent.

Statues and busts sculpted from ivory and ebony decorated a room that was dominated by a large canopy bed drenched in blue silks. There was a huge balcony that allowed the warm southern breezes to enter the large room. Chilled wine sat in decanters willy nilly throughout the room.

" Welcome to my home," the prince bowed, " I hope it is acceptable or at least comparable to the colleges of America-umm-Canada..."

Oliver looked around the room and was quite astonished by it, they had nothing quite like this in America. He looked over and burst out laughing. "A college is a school for one. And for item number two, it's just called America, Canada is a entirely different place." he shook his head "See, this place...where I, I should say when...I think. We've heard about this place where I come from. But it hasn't existed for nearly a millennium, or something like that." he found a place to sit and sat down, still looking around the room. "Our historians said that it was demolished by wards ans famine, usually what happens to old historic empires." he said, shrugging it off like it was nothing.

He clearly didn't get the fact that as of right now, he was stuck in this place and time. "Not going to lie, I've never heard of you before, or your father. As far as I'm concerned you're a piece of ancient history." he said, finally looking back at the prince "sorry." he said. There probably was no reason for him to apologize, as far as Tawnos was concerned, Oliver was apart of a too distant future to probably care. Plus, it wasn't like he caused the fall of whatever empire this was. He really should have payed more attention in history class.

Back
Top Bottom