Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Two Cops and A Feeling (Candira and Jugger)

"Dunno...they said the bullet wound wasn't that bad...despite going through my body. It didn't hit any internal organs, though it cut through some serious tissue so I'll be here for may...two more days...I'm not exactly sure." He smiled to her. "Hey Lea..." He murmured after a long silence. "When you get your new partner...be sure you keep him safe...alright? Don't let him be like me and be that guy who puts himself out there..."

She was glad to hear that he'd be alright. "Good. I'm so glad you'll be okay. I bet staying in the hospital isn't much fun, huh? Got any cute nurses?" She teased, smiling back at him. And then came the heavy. Sighing, she leaned over and took his hand. "You're still on that one, huh? Well, it was always my intention to keep you safe, Nathan. I'm just sorry that I couldn't do it this time." She squeezed his hand. "If you hadn't charged over there like that, you might have been safe, but I can't guarantee that. None of us had seen the sniper until he fired. That wasn't your fault. And rest assured. If I find that son of a bitch, he'll pay."

Nathan smiled and held her hand gently. "Thanks...Lea." He smiled and sat up, struggling in his attempt to, but he managed to sit up to be next to her. He pulled her into a hug and kept her that way. "Thanks Lea..." He felt he could burst into tears at how happy he was that she cared. He let her go and smiled and he slowly leaned back into his laying position on the bed. "You're welcome to stay here again if you want Lea...The bed was lonely without you..." He smiled at her, though his smile was sincere, his eyes showed a more devious meaning to his words.

She smiled at him as he held her hand. She wanted to help him sit up, but she let him do it, figuring it would be a bit much. And then she was hugging him. She returned his embrace, glad to help him feel better about himself and his situation. She stayed in his arms until he started to slide back down. She laughed a little at his statement and leaned over to kiss his head. "Sorry you were so lonely, hun. Maybe I'll find a cute nurse for you," she teased. "If you really want, when you get out of here can can come home with me so I can help take care of you for awhile. I don't know if you have anyone else to help.

He blushed at the thought of one of the nurses sleeping in the same bed as him. It would be like the movies his partner in the Police Academy used to watch when he thought that Nathan was asleep. Shaking out of his memories, he smiled to her. "Yeah...that sounds pretty good actually...I don't really have a place. I just stayed in the storage room at the Precint for the past few days after my parents had to move...Don't tell anyone alright? Haha."

"Well that settles it then. You're coming with me and you're staying until you find a place." She smiled and patted his hand. "Can't let my partner go homeless, can I?" She teased him a little and said, "I'll make some space for you when I go home tonight. I don't have a bed for you at the moment, but we can deal with that. Maybe I'll get a futon..." She pondered this for a moment and then shrugged. "Anywho, I'll take care of ya. Given any more thought as to whether or not you wanna stay on the force with me?

"But Lea..." He murmured as his smile turned into a frown at what he had heard her say. "I told you already...I'm quitting the force...We can't be partners anymore if I won't be any good in the line of fire...." He said with regret as he sighed and looked away from her. "You don't have to go through so much for me, Lea...I'm fine with the floor or the couch. Its what I've been used to sleeping on since I was a kid." He didn't look at her...his head was still facing out the window, looking into the bright sky.

"Now you're just being silly, kid." She stood up and put her hands on her hips. "It doesn't matter if you're my partner on the force or not. We're friends and we have been partners. You don't ignore that. And when someone's offering to do you a favor, you take them up on it, silly." She sat down on the side of his bed. "Partners or not, I want you around. I'd miss ya too much." She smiled and sighed.

"It's a shame you don't wanna come back and be on the force again with me, but I can't make you. I'll miss seeing you in uniform though. But I can see this hospital gown working," she teased.

"Well watch however you want." He teased as he smiled to her gently. "Though...if you could sneak the uniform out...you know...since it was pretty much covered in my blood and unusable now because of the gunshot in the chest of it...well...I'd wear it whenever ya wanna get down and dirty with your ex partner of the force." He teased as he leaned forward and smiled to her.

"I'm gonna say you'll have to ask the chief about that one when you resign. But it is an appealing idea," she said, only half-kidding. "See? That's the spirit I miss. You should know though. It's okay to be afraid. Harnessing the fear into something useful is the challenge." She smiled and kissed his cheek. "I'm taking a few days off. I'll use some time to clear out a place for you, and see about another bed or a futon. You're not sleeping on my couch or the floor. Want me to bring you back something to eat? Or do you wanna stick with the hospital food that'll make you better faster?"

"Ah don't worry about bringing me back something to eat." He said with a smile as he leaned back. "Just...Do me a favor...if you want to do this I mean...If you have the time...can you spend the night in the hospital again Lea...?" He said with a frown as he looked at her with pleading eyes. Being in the hospital alone was more terrifying than the gunshot...Because he feared he would die alone.

She smiled and nodded. "Anything you want, hun. Let me go home and do a load of laundry, grab a shower and a bite to eat and I'll be back for you. I'll send a nurse for you, while I'm gone." She kissed his head. "I'll be back soon, okay?" And with that, she was gone.

"Send a nurse for me? Wonder if she was being serious about me sleeping in bed wit ha nurse..." He chuckled as he sat back in the bed and closed his eyes, waiting as time went by slowly. He wanted to hurry up and get out of the hospital so he could be with Lea...

(Sorry for a shorter post.)

She did actually send in a cute nurse to keep Nathan company and make sure he had everything he needed. Lea chuckled, wondering what his expression might be like. After she got home, she took a shower and did a load of laundry, packing a little overnight bag for herself. She put on a soft sweater and a pair of tight jeans before she went back to the hospital. When Lea arrived the nurse was leaving.

Nathan looked at Lea when she came in. "Ha ha very funny." He said sarcastically. "Sending in a cute nurse...Ha, as if you would really have done what I thought of to the fullest extent, eh?" He chuckled. "Hey Lea...hope your day was doing alright. I'm so bored here..." He murmured as he sat up to speak with her.

Lea laughed and set her bag down in a corner before she came to sit on the edge of his bed. "Oh? And what were you thinking?" she teased, leaning in to give him a hug. Aww, poor thing. I'm doing okay. I brought some movies cuz I figured you'd be bored. And I brought some cards if you wanna play." She smiled and ran her hand through his hair. "Sorry you have to be alone so long. but was the nurse nice to you? Did she keep you company or did she just kinda peek in?"

"Dunno...I was fast asleep after you left, and she woke me up just a second ago to tell me that it was the time I told her to wake me up. Dunno if she stayed the whole time..." He shrugged. Looking at her, he smiled and laid back. "Come lay in the bed with me Lea. We can watch the movies together."

She smiled, chuckling as he told her he'd been asleep the whole time. "You're a cute one, aren't you? Here pick one of these and then I'll come back and lay down with you to watch it." She'd brought a little player that could hook up to the tv, since he only had a VCR. So after he picked a DVD, she put it in, turned it on and then climbed into his bed with him, cuddled up against him.

When she cuddled up next to him, he felt a little warmer and cuddled next to her. As the movie played, he stayed next to the girl, loving the heat she was giving off, loving how soft her body was. He smiled and after a while, he leaned up and kissed her gently on the cheek, thinking it would be okay after all the times she had kissed him within the past two days. Smiling, he awaited a reaction from her.

It was nice to just lay there with him. She'd never expected that he'd had it so rough--they'd never really talked about things like that while they were at work. But now she could help so he'd be okay. He was warm and he had more color today than he had before. She was just so glad he was getting better. She lay there with him watching the movie and laughing when it was appropriate. When he kissed her on the cheek, she was pleasantly surprised. She turned to face him with soft smile on her face. "What's that for?"

"What? Can't I kiss someone I care for?" He said with a chuckle as he knicked her shoulder gently with a fist, not really hurting her and it was hardly even a small tap because of how weak he felt. He laid next to her and smiled as he hugged her. "I'm...just glad to know that you're here with me...I wouldn't rather have anyone else...I don't know anyone else for that matter who I could be with like this...but that doesn't matter." He smiled and closed his eyes to relax.

She smiled and hugged him back. "Why, I didn't know you cared," she teased in her best Southern Belle voice. She chuckled and kissed his cheek. "I'm glad I can be here for you too. Wouldn't want it any other way...unless of course that would include you not having been shot in the first place." She kissed his cheek again and snuggled into him, watching the movie, but not placing a great deal of importance on it.

Nathan smiled and looked at her gently, before reaching over to gentle grasp her chin and turn her head to face him. He stared into her eyes for a bit longer...his heart beating, and the heart monitor was beeping faster in the background. His face turned red as he began to debate whether he should do this...and on a sudden impulse, Nathan leaned forward and pressed his lips against Lea's gently and tenderly, kissing her for a quick second before pulling away to see her reaction.

Her eyes snapped to him as he placed his hand on her chin and guided her head to look back at him. Lea's heart was beating a bit faster as well, but a monitor wasn't keeping track. She watched him curiously, wondering if he was thinking what she was...And it turned out that he was. She smiled and kissed him back softly, letting him pull away and chuckling. "What? I can't believe that's the best you can do," she said, leaning back in and kissing him again, her lips gentle but insistent and sweet against his. She held his head close to hers, not wanting him to pull away first this time.

"Well I-" He was cut off before he could answer back to her about why he had pulled away so soon. He was too occupied by the luscious embrace of her lips against his. He closed his eyes and kissed he back passionately, not pulling away whatsoever as he continued to kiss her, feeling a warmth like no other as he continued to. He cared so deeply for her...and would do anything for her now.

Back
Top Bottom