Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Stargazing Across Continents(Chiffon&Darkness_H)

He handed her a few of them. "Sure, I'll let you read these. You can read and see how his insanity grows, although it's not really the classic tragic story of a man growing more insane over time. It's more of him getting crazier, and using it for your entertainment. He gets crazier and it makes you wonder what he'll be up to next, he's almost like a cartoon character, where he's goofy with almost everything he does. For example, he turns a zombie into toilet paper. It's strange and doesn't make sense, but when you read the more recent comics, it'll make sense, mainly because of who the zombie was that turned to tp." He said, laughing to himself, trying not to weird her out to much by the strange superhero.

By then, the bell rang for them to go to another class. "Wow, time flew by quickly." He said to himself. He then gathered his stuff together and waited next to Heidi. "Ready to go?" He held his hand out.

Heidi blushed and accepted his hand as he led her to their next class, after she had placed his comics into her bag.

Social studies, was the American version of her history class at home and current event studies mashed into one. She could feel eyes on them as they walked the hall towards the class. Heidi wondered what it would be like to actually be a couple and have that reaction.

She stole a glance at him, admiring how handsome he was. There was something about his features, about his build that just spoke to her. She had to admit she was looking forward to dinner more than she should. If her father saw her watching Will this way, she shuddered at the thought, drawing a curious glance from him. She smiled and softly apologized.

“Sorry, what is the saying?...Someone must be walking over my grave?”

"You ok? I think I know what you mean. I usually think of it as a chill running down my spine. Almost as you feel like something bad is going to happen." He asked with a worried look.

He slowed down, hoping she'll say something. They walked slowly to their class as he held her hand a little tighter. He began to worry if she was beginning to not like being in America.

They finally got to class and they sat down together again. The teacher began introducing himself, but Will didn't pay much attention. He was too busy thinking about Heidi, and wondering if she was ok.

She hugged his arm just a bit, smiling at him.

“I am okay. I was just thinking how different things are here. The freedom you have.” She sighed wistfully. “It’s not like this in Germany. There is still a lot of control by ones parents on what they do, that is all, it is so different, and ...” She paused. “Terrifying.”

She had gotten herself into trouble in Germany, for being herself and not adhering to her father’s rules as much as she should have. Here the rules seemed to be nearly non existent, yet her father would be demanding she “behave” and “be good”. Heidi wondered if she’d survive this year, given how “free” her classmates seemed to be.

She took her seat next to Will and gently squeezed his thigh, she smiled at him. She could tell he was worried about her, but she was fine. For now. Until her father found something amiss with her behaviour. She leaned in closer to him, the soft scent of her vanilla shampoo lingering in the air.

“I am alright, I swear.” She flashed him a smile, that said she appreciated his concern but to lighten up. “I am loving it here, it’s just different, so very very different.”

Will smiled when she said that. It made him feel more relaxed.

He liked the feeling of her leaning in against him. He was then able to relaxed and listen to the teacher. He was able to hear that they would be talking about history as well as current events. He didn't mind history, although he paid most attention to the battles and wars. As for current events, he didn't watch the news, or read the news paper. The only thing he used to learn about what goes on in the world is the podcast he listens to on his iPod, which has worked out at keeping him updated on what goes on in the world.

As the teacher continued to talk about what to expect this year, Will slipped his hand into Heidi's hand and held it. She had such soft hands, they were cold, but soft and soothing. He then heard the teacher say something about a current event assignment they'll be having at the end of every week, where they find a current even and write a report on it, and turn it in every Friday. Will felt a little relieved, and nervous at the same time. His podcasts were released every Wednesday, so that gave him two days to do the assignment, listen to the podcast on Wednesday, and write the report on Thursday.

"Hey, if you need any help, just let me know. What I use for new usually talks about a couple current events, so I can help you out if you have trouble finding something to write about." He said to Heidi as he smiled.

Heidi blushed, as she nodded. History was a fairly strong point for her, but given this was American history, help would be appreciated. She noticed he hadn’t let go of her hand yet, and that fact made her heart jump a bit.

“I would appreciate your help on this. I am uncertain the best source for unbiased information here. In Germany I knew which stations to listen to, but here...” She trailed off. Things were just so different here.

“Maybe you can show me tonight, after dinner?” She smiled at him as she gently removed her hand and tucked her hair back as she tired to focus on the teacher and what they were saying. The only thing on her mind though was the heat coming from his body as he sat nxet to her, and the smell of his skin. Heidi sighed, she needed to focus not let herself day dream about Will. Yet that’s all she wanted to do.

She shook her head. She had missed the readings they were supposed to do. She leaned over Wills shoulder, her body pressing gently against his side as she tried to see where he had his text book open to.

Will blushed a little when she mentioned showing his news station to her after dinner tonight. "Well, I can try. I mean it's simple to find, the only thing is, is that it might be hard to follow. You'll have to know who these people are and what they do for a living, and you have to be able to tolerate stupidity." He chuckled to himself as he noticed her look confused. "Basically, if you don't know who these people are, you'll just either feel uncomfortable or disgusted with what they talk about, just because of how open they are with their personal lives at times."

He also thought about possibly being alone with her when they do that, with her and nobody else around to bother them.

He was looking through his textbook, listening as the teacher talked about certain events they will cover this year. He then stopped at page in World War 2, he thought of that as one of his favorite wars to study about. He wasn't sure why, but it just felt like so many interesting things happened at that time that he could continue learning about it for a long time.

Heidi saw the page he had stopped at.

It was on WWII.

That was the one thing she had dreaded on coming to America. She couldn’t help it if her Grandfather had been a soldier for the Reich. IT was something no one really talked about, but she felt as though that knowledge would be branded on her the moment she stepped on American soil. She knew it wasn’t possible, but she felt as though there was a neon swastika on her forehead. Her father even refused to acknowledge his father was an SS man. While Heidi had never known her grandfather well, the cruelty needed to do such things certainly existed in her father, and he had to have gotten it from somewhere. It wasn’t that much of a stretch to think it had come from his own parent.

“I think I would like to listen to one of these, casts, and see. It sounds like you seem to have fun. I’d watch clips of the Daily show on YouTube, but my father never approved of such things.”

Heidi turned back an opened her book, to the same page Will was on. She settled in to the class without much further thought. She was going to have her work cut out for herself though, ensuring she got top grades. She quickly looked at her schedule, it looked as though there was a “spare” next block.

She wasn’t too sure what that meant, but hoped Will would be in that class too.

Will smiled as he thought of her getting into the programs he enjoyed. Well, when we have time, I can show you a couple videos at least, just so you can get to know what they do for a living." He began to think about what videos to show her. Something to her about the company. He had an idea of what to show. There are three particular series that the company made, so he'll show her a video from each of them. He just had to think of something pretty tame to start out with. "I think Daily Show is a lot more tame compared to this, but you might be able to hide it from your father if you put these podcasts on your iPod, just say it's a band that your friend got you into, and it's free, so no suspicion on where your money is going." He smiled, trying to help her relax a bit.

He looked at his schedule. It looked like study hall was next, then gym. Then that would be it for the day. He can probably show her the episodes during study hall since he had the videos on his iPod.

The bell rang and Heidi nearly jumped out of her skin. Somehow the whole class had gone by in the blink of an eye. She gathered her bag, conscious of Will’s eyes on her. She smiled at him.

“You’ll have to show me where the next class is, I am not too sure we have “Spares” in Germany. What do you learn in them?” She asked the question innocently, really not knowing what the next block would entail.

She followed him out of the classroom, the last pair to leave as everyone else seemed in much more of a rush than he. Heidi looked at him, as they took their time leaving the class. By the time they reached the main hall the corridors were draining of students, stragglers heading to their next class. She was curious, but held her tongue, waiting to see where he lead her next.

Will held her hand as he guided through the hall. Taking her to their "spare". "It's basically a study hall. You use that time to do what you want, mainly to catch up on homework."

He then took her to an empty part of the school and sat down with her. "You can pretty much go anywhere, just as long as you are quiet and allow others to do their work. I like this place since it's pretty quiet and secluded." He said, his face turning red a bit.

He mainly did it so that he could get some alone time with Heidi. He didn't expect much to really happen, but he would like to get to know her more.

Heidi followed Will to the quiet spot, out of sight of most of the common area in the school; it was like their own private oasis. She smiled at him as she sat in the corner under the stairs. From the vantage point of anyone coming up on them, they would see Will, and just her legs, her upper body completely obscured by the metal framing of the steps. She pulled out a note book, and a pencil, then she smiled at him.

“So, we just study here? Or do most students do other things with this time?” She asked him smiling softly as she ensured her sleeves were still hiding her wrists. Being this close to him, in such a small area was making it hard for her to think about school work, and really they hadn’t been given much homework per say, just a couple of large projects that needed several days to complete.

She watched him from the veil of her eyes lashes, suddenly wanting to know everything about him, what made him tick so to speak. Heidi tucked a piece of hair behind her ears, and looked up to meet his eyes, her lips slightly parted as she did so.

Will pulled out his iPod and went to the videos section. "Well, I said I was going to show you those videos of the people I get my news from." He handed her an earbud, letting her put it into her ear so she could listen.

The first video was from their series Red vs Blue, a show based of the Halo game series. Basically, they used the gameplay to make the series, but recently added animated scenes. This episode was of one of the characters, the only female soldier, beating the living crap out of everyone else.

The second video was of their live action shorts, basically stupid things they do around their office. This one in particular shows the majority of the main staff, and what they think of each other, and how nothing ever gets done in their office.

The third video is called Immersion, basically more live action stuff, but they are experiments. Experiments in comparing components in video games, to real life. The episode they watched was talking about side scrolling in real life, if it was just as easy to see the world as you see it as if you were playing an old Super Mario game.

Will laughed at the videos, and turned to Heidi, hoping that the videos didn't bore her or creep her out. He did his best to pick out the videos that weren't really disturbing.

Heidi leaned in close to Will as she watched the videos, she even laughed aloud to a couple of the stunts. There was some content she didn’t understand, but got the jist of all of them. She tugged the ear bud from her ear as she turned to Will.

“Okay, so those were fun, but I am confused on how they relate to current events and news. They seem more of a science show than a news based show? Or did I just miss everything?” She smiled slightly at him, watching his face.

He really was handsome, and this close to him, she had the overwhelming urge to just lean in a bit more, and kiss him. Heidi shook her head, trying to erase the image from her mind of her lips pressed against his, and how fabulous she imagined his would taste. She leaned back into the secluded corner, and tried to compose herself.

It was thoughts like that, her father would beat her for. She stole another glance at Will, oh he’d be worth a few more bruises, especially if she got to taste his lips.

She glanced at him again, a slight flush creeping into her cheeks.

"What is it?" she asked self conciously as she fidgited under his gaze.

"Well, these aren't really news related, it's more of just to look at what they do for a living. It's their podcast where they talk about the world news, gossip, random stuff they do around the office, things they did back in the day, and other stuff. I'll admit, they don't always talk about the news, so we might need to actually look sometimes." He said, his face blushing a bit.

He really wanted to lean in and kiss her, she looked so sweet and innocent next to him, it was hard to hold back. He pushed the thought out of his mind, wondering if it'll make them look bad. He didn't want their parents to get the wrong idea, like he was trying to take advantage of her since her father worked for his. Or if she was trying to get to his father through him. He did think she was beautiful and wanted to get to know her and go out with her, but he figured he should probably get the approval of both their parents first.

He kept an earbud in his ear and began playing some music. The song that started playing was "Not Alone" by All That Remains, a great song about how he felt about her. When he was with her, he suddenly had this feeling of joy inside of him, like he was whole again.

When she asked him what was wrong, he simply gave up holding back for an instant and gave her a small kiss on the cheek. He then leaned against her and relaxed. "It's nothing." He finally answered.

Heidi blushed. He had just kissed her! Granted it was her cheek but still! This American boy had kissed her! She smiled as Will leaned his body into hers, letting her continue to share his ear buds. She gently moved to place her arm about him as he leaned closer to her, giving him a soft hug. She smiled warmly at him before leaning her head against his as they listened to the music. If this was study hall, she could get used to the idea of it.

“Can I be honest with you?” She asked softly as they began gathering things up for the last class of the day. She knew she was opening a can of worms, by even thinking what she was wanting to say, and by giving him a window to ask her, she knew it had sealed her fate.

Will began to quietly sing the lyrics to the song to himself, not really caring that she was next to him. "Cuz I'm not alone, with the touch of your hand I am whole again." He sang as he looked at her and smiled.

"Yes?" He said when she said she wanted to say something. He thought of all the things she could possibly say to him, some worried him, some excited him, some made him feel just plain perverted. Was she going to say that there's already someone else? Did she want to move forward in a relationship together? Did she want to get it on right now? He wasn't sure.

Heidi looked up at him, blushing more so now, she let her gaze drift from his. “I was hoping you’d kiss me,” she raised her eyes to his, a soft smile on her lips. She made the rash decision, to go up on her tiptoes and gently press her lips against his, in a kiss that was laced with untold promises. The soft firmness of his mouth did not disappoint. Heidi pulled back before he had much of a chance to react.

“Thank you for your kindness Will,” she said gently, as she turned to leave their little space. Her cheeks were flaming. She knew she’d be in for it if her father ever found out, but this boy was very sweet and growing on her. She just hopped tonight at dinner she could keep it together without arousing suspicion.

“Next class is gym?” she asked casually as though nothing had happened between them. Her mind was already on the note she would be presenting the gym teacher to excuse her from classes. Ever since she started middle school, when you had to change for gym, Heidi had begun being excused. It was too hard to cover the bruises when changing or wearing short sleeved shirts and shorts. She could pass off clumsy, but the extent of them some days would not go unnoticed. She was certain here it would be even more so.

She absently rubbed at her wrists as they walked to the gymnasium.

Her kiss almost surprised him, but he did nothing to stop her. She had almost a sweet taste to her lips, almost like a fruit. He was hoping they'd hold that kiss a little longer. And before anymore could happen, the bell ringed for the next class. "Damn" He said to himself.

"Yea, but I don't think we'll be doing much of anything. We just need to give the teacher our measurements for our gym uniforms." He said as they got closer to the gym. He gently reached down and held her hand, this time holding it a little tighter, not wanting to let her go.

Heidi smiled as Will took her hand, and held it closer to his body. As they walked through the school, if felt as though she was being claimed, the gazes of girls and boys alike, acknowledging his possession of her. When they got to the gym, and had to separate into boys and girls, Heidi gave him a sweet smile and a reassuring squeeze.

She would be okay.

Heidi dug in her bag for the note, as she made her way to the teacher. When she first started getting notes, she had found it ironic that it was her father who would write them, a fact he likely enjoyed too, as flaunting his domination. He’d give her the excuse and no one would question it. Heidi saw a student she recognised from one of her earlier classes with Will. She approached her cautiously; she hated asking for things because there was always the potential for sabotage.

“Excuse me,” she smiled at the girl. “Do you know which one is the teacher for this class?” The girl looked her over and then nodded at the corner by the stage. Heidi followed her gaze and sure enough there was a woman there who looked older than the rest of the class, and spry in her fitness outfit. Heidi made her way over to her.

“Excuse me, this is for you.” Heidi handed over the note to her, and waited uncomfortably for the instructor to read it.

“Well, we were playing volleyball against the boys, so you can sit on the main stage and watch. But I expect you to be fitted for a uniform and to participate next class.”

Heidi just nodded knowing full well that would not happen, but giving her new instructor the best “of course” look she could muster. She waited until roll call was done then made her way to the stage to sit and watch the friendly game.

Will sat with the boys, around a few of his friends. One of them, Jack, a football player and very popular with the ladies. There were only a few things that made him and Will close friends. One was they were both hardcore gamers, they both played the same card game (which Jack sort of played in secret), and they both enjoyed doing stupid things together. Every few nights or so, they go out and just have fun, such as, ramming into each other with shopping carts, dancing in the middle of the mall, going to a bad movie and just heckle it. His other friend he sat with was a laid back pothead, Matt. Not much into spots, or much of into putting effort into about anything, but he was always fun to be around.

Matt looked up at Will. "Hey man, haven't heard from you all day. You've been busy?"

Will smiled. "Yea, you can say that."

Jack had a smirk on his face. "With your new girlfriend? I saw you were walking the halls with a cute girl, and she was hugging your arm as you guys walked in. So, who is she? Never seen her before."

Will's face turned a little red. "Well yea, she's from Germany. Turns out her dad is now working for my dad, and I'm in charge of showing her around, and then a few things happened, and now we are sort of going out." He said, laughing to himself a little.

"So, how is she in bed?" Jack asked, checking out Heidi from a distance.

"Stop that, we haven't done that yet. Plus you should worry more about your seven mistresses as well as your girlfriend." That was one of the few things Will hated about Jack. He didn't exactly have seven girls, but he did go out with a few girls at the same time. It was just one of those things that bugged Will that Jack was able to get away with it.

Heidi watched the group of boys surrounding Will. She wondered what they were saying, and she saw the slight flush in Will’s cheeks. Obviously they must be bugging him about a girl. She didn’t even stop to think or register that it was her they would be teasing him about.

She watched as a group of pretty girls moved in the general direction of the boys, twittering and batting their eyes. She looked away. She’d never been the kind of girl to operate in crowds, she much rathered getting to know someone one on one.

As the instructors tweeted their whistles the groups broke up and took up positions on the floor. Heidi only had eyes for Will, watching him as the game progressed. She saw the other boy from the group jostling Will, nodding in her direction. She was too far away to make out what had been said, but the look on Will’s face was hard, obviously not a comment he appreciated.

She wondered what tonight would bring. She was excited to meet his family and see his home, she found herself wanting to know everything about him. She looked up just in time to see the ball coming her direction.

She bumped it back into play to Will’s team mate, who winked at her before turning back to the game. Heidi blushed deeply, suddenly afraid she’d done something to warrant his attention.

Will ignored the group of girls that walked by, they didn't really matter to him anyway. A few of them were attractive, but he already had his eyes on Heidi, but that didn't stop Jack and Matt from staring at them. Before the game started, Jack turned to Will to ask him something. "Hey, you coming over this weekend? It's the usual."

Will smiled. "Movies, video games, junk food, and passing out on your couch? Then sure, anything I need to bring?"

"Well, bring Tom with you. I'd ask him, but I don't have any classes with him and I barely see the guy anywhere other than by your side." Jack said. "You can tell him that Jessica will be with us, I do know how much he likes her." He laughed.

Will couldn't help laughing as well. "Of course, he'll be glad to join us then. I'll give him a call when we get out of school, or I can try to see him real quick."

Once the game started, he ran around, hitting the ball back, although he wasn't very good at volleyball. Jack was able to score a few points, winning more points with the women. Matt just fumbled to the side, pretending to be playing. Will looked at Heidi every once in a while, wondering how she'd look in a gym uniform, his face getting red again.

Once the game was over, Will sat by Heidi, covered in sweat. "Wow, I'm tired now. I guess I should take a shower and get nice and clean before you come over tonight, huh?" He said, giving her a grin.

Heidi wrinkled her nose at Will

“Yes, I would expect that if you were going to have company you would want to be clean.” She smiled at him, teasing him. She hopped off the stage and hitched her bag over her shoulder.

“I will meet you out the change room doors?” She asked softly, hoping that it would be okay that she waited for him. She started walking to the gym doors, then looked over her shoulder to find him watching her. She smiled again blushing as she tugged her tunic down and made her way out the doors to stand by the change room.

She put in an ear bug to listen to music as she waited for Will. The halls bustling with kids as they made their way to their lockers to retrieve their coats and such. Heidi wondered if her father would be waiting for her outside. She hoped not, she was looking forward to walking, to give herself a chance to cool down and be aloof when they met Will’s family for dinner.

She jumped as the boys change doors finally burst open and a flood of young men from the class poured out into the hall. She felt the gazes of several of them, wander over her frame as she stood there waiting for Will. The implications of the gazes making her shiver.

Will changed into his regular clothes and got his bag ready. Jack looked up at Will. "Hey, you doing anything later today?" He asked.

"Sorry, I do. I got to do some stuff with my family later tonight, and we are having dinner with my girl's family." He said, heading out the door. "I'll be sure to send a message to Tom." He said as he walked out.

He saw Heidi standing there waiting for him, sort of startled at the mob of guys that rushed out before him.

"Hey, you ready to leave?" He asked as he approached her.

Back
Top Bottom