Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dancing to a new tune (Wolvenrogue and Dead Rose Garden)

"I thinks I can smanage" he said " his speech a little slurred, but then he managed to drop the soap and send it skidding across the floor. He laughed , a little, and said " I guess I need smore help than I sthought." He sat passively in the tub and waited for he to wash him, not paying a great deal of attention to what she was doing. It was soon obvious that the alcohol had taken full effect, and he was very drunk. If he was going to be washed, she would be washing him.

Kitty kept her composure as she washed him and once that was finished she helped him up. “Let’s go get you dressed alright?” She helped him to his room and then slid the clothing onto him doing her best to avoid his leg, “Now will you be resting now or would you like to eat something? What would you have me do?”

He looked up at her as he laid back on the bed. "I'm tired" he said" I think i just need to rest, at least for a while" he was worn out physically, and emotional from the last 24 hours, and knowing that things were alright gave him the peace he needed to really rest. He pulled Kitty to himself and kissed her. You really are all I'll ever want or need" he said, "I hope you know that. I'll be just fine," he said. "why don't you invite the girls over to the house, and just relax and have fun. You haven't had any fun in quite some time." He smiled at her and closed his eyes.

Kitty kissed him and then left him to rest going to send a calling card to her good friends. When they arrived Anna and Lizzie were horrified at the story she told of how he re-broke his leg. Anna was the first to scold Kitty, “You cannot marry a man and tell him he will not have a child! What is wrong with you?!” Kitty shut her eyes and nodded. That was until Lizzie came to her defense.

“I cannot blame her! This man all but thrust himself onto her! How could he think she would pass up the life she had made for herself! It is bad enough her talent is wasted teaching other people’s children when she should be on the stage making a worldwide name known for herself.” Lizzie insisted it was unreasonable of him to expect a child but Kitty interjected.

“He understands. He was not pushing me and Lizzie I love him. No other man in this world would injure himself just to beg me to marry him still even after knowing I did not want to have a child. I think the man was willing to go the rest of his life without knowing the feel of a woman just to be with me! He is a wonderful man.”She knew then that she would give him anything he wanted if he asked her for it. She did truly love him and more so for not demanding a child.

Once the girls had left that night Kitty returned to his room knocking lightly before entering, “Robert? May I come in?”

"Of course!" he said. "Did you have fun with the girls? I do so hope you had a good day. I feel much better for having slept. do you think I could trouble you for some soup or something light to eat? He smiled at her, he was so glad to have her home with him. "Tell me do you regret not being the Diva at the dance hall any longer? I mean if you do, I could always hire a nurse so you could go back to work. At least for the next six weeks until our trip. I'd miss you of course, but I don't want to deprive you of your career". He had heard Lizzie and been feeling guilty all afternoon. He loved Kitty enough to let her go if he had to.

wolvenrogue said:
"Of course!" he said. "Did you have fun with the girls? I do so hope you had a good day. I feel much better for having slept. do you think I could trouble you for some soup or something light to eat? He smiled at her, he was so glad to have her home with him. "Tell me do you regret not being the Diva at the dance hall any longer? I mean if you do, I could always hire a nurse so you could go back to work. At least for the next six weeks until our trip. I'd miss you of course, but I don't want to deprive you of your career". He had heard Lizzie and been feeling guilty all afternoon. He loved Kitty enough to let her go if he had to.
“I will bring you some soup but first…” She paused crossing the room to sit on his bed, “I could never wish for anything more than being with you. You need me here and while I do miss singing but I will be beside you until you are well.” She leaned into him pressing her lips to his softly, “I love you. I love you so much Robert.” She stood and went down the steps to get him soup. It took a while for her to return but when she had she arrived with a hot bowl of soup and a thick slice of fresh made bread.

Holding the spoon to his lips she spoke again, “The girls were not exactly the comfort we had hoped they would be but they have never had a man break him leg to prove the extent of his love.”

Robert smiled as she tried to feed him. laughing, he took the bowl and spoon from her. "Its my leg that's broken, not my arms. but you were sweet to try." "Well, he said, I don't want you regretting what might have been. That is no way to build a relationship." He ate he soup and bread quickly enjoying every bite. "You are a good cook darling," he said. "Maybe you could get my guitar and I'll play for you, and you can sing for me?"

wolvenrogue said:
Robert smiled as she tried to feed him. laughing, he took the bowl and spoon from her. "Its my leg that's broken, not my arms. but you were sweet to try." "Well, he said, I don't want you regretting what might have been. That is no way to build a relationship." He ate he soup and bread quickly enjoying every bite. "You are a good cook darling," he said. "Maybe you could get my guitar and I'll play for you, and you can sing for me?"

She laughed when he took the bowl and she was happy to see him eating with such an appetite, “Yes my love. Do you want more soup as well?” She offered her hand for the bowl taking it before standing.

Should he have wanted more soup she would have brought it to him and shortly after he answered her she was going to fetch the guitar and returning to sit on the bed again. While she went down stairs she thought about his question and worried perhaps that he had heard their conversation. She did not bring it up again but sat on the bed thinking now about what Lizzie had said. Kitty did miss singing and preforming and she was starting to fear that part of her life was over. Yet putting up her best cheerful face she sang for him as soon as he began to play a tune she knew.

Robert plated along with her singing and then added a nice baritone harmony. It was a joyous feeling like he had felt the first day they met. he moved from song to song almost with out stopping as the enjoyed each others voices. After an hour or so he stopped and setting the guitar aside, pulled her to him so she was laying on her side against his chest. "You do know that you do not have to sing in that awful dance hall to have a career don't you?" he asked. "You have a talent that is easily recognized, and I'm sure there are better, grander stages available to you, then the dance hall." When we take this trip in a few weeks we should have you audition at a few. After all, with my career, I am not stuck in St. Louis."

She smiled up at him as she lay against him, “I always wanted to be a star. To travel the world being adored by all but when my parents died I had to take work where I could. Right now however I just want to get you better. “ She lay there a while looking up at him for a long time until she propped herself up leaning up towards him hesitantly, “Robert, would you kiss me?” Kitty looked shy for a moment but it was clear she needed the physical contact to know he wanted her with him.

She brought her hand up to stroke his face gently and she shut her eyes hopeful his lips would meet hers in short order.

"You don't have to ask me twice," he said smiling, and then pulling her to his lips kissed her with a passion born of pure love, drinking her in as he did. He held the kiss and hugged her to him, never wanting to release her. "you are the most beautiful, and talented woman I have ever met in my life, and I love you with all of my heart.

If I could have a thousand women, I'd reject 999 and pick you every time.

“I love you Robert, you have made me so happy.” Her mouth came to his again and she offered more of her mouth in an open kiss. She was shy at first but soon her lips were moving with his and soft sounds of pleasure were leaving her. She wanted to show him in every way how much she loved him and kenw that the night they were wed would be one that she would remember for the rest of her life. She wanted him to turn her into a woman by all means and as they kissed so passionately she could feel dew forming between her thighs with want of that wedding night.

As they continued to kiss the passion between them built to a fever pitch. The world around them seemed to disappear and consisted of just each other. He wanted her badly as his arm wrapped around her slender torso, and pulled her breasts against his chest. had he not been a true gentleman, he would have taken her that minute, but he restrained himself. Still he yearned to be with her. Their wedding could not come soon enough for him.

Kitty had to pull away but explained herself, “Robert I must confess something to you.” She hesitated a moment before continuing, “I have always found you handsome but when I saw and felt your bare body My reaction was positively sinful. I know that I am supposed to just be taking care of you but I can not see you so bare without having more intimate thoughts.” Her cheeks were red and she looked away feeling shameful. “I am such a crude woman and I am so sorry for that. Most especially since you have not seen me. It seems unfair and I apologies.”

She still could not look at him but at least her embarrassment faded enough for her to bury her face against his chest without fearing the contact with him.

"Don't be ashamed", he said " we love each other, it is not wrong to long for someone you love." "We could be married sooner" he said. Is there a reason we must wait?" we are certainly old enough, and have no parents whose permission we need." "what is to stop us?

Kitty shifted to look at him, “You are right. Why don’t we get married while we are away? When we come back we have a formal ceremony for everyone else but for us let’s do it while we are abroad. That would be terribly romantic don’t you think my love?” She gave a dreamy sigh resting her head on his chest again. “Where all will we be going? Perhaps we can pic the destination we wish to go to for us to be married?”

Robert looked at the itinerary for the trip he was to captain. He was scheduled first to New Orleans, then SanJuan, Antigua, Curacoa, and finally back to Mobile. "Why don't we get married in New Orleans, we have two nights ashore there, and its our first stop. Then we can enjoy the rest of the trip as husband and wife?" He like that thought very much and it would relieve much if not all of the awkwardness that would otherwise acompany the voyage.

She smiled brightly at him and her lips came up to his again excitedly. “I can’t wait. I think I should tell a few people of our intentions or they will be rather hurt. However will we be…” She blushed despite her earlier confession, “Consummating our union while there or once we are back on the water?” Her hands toyed with the buttons on his shirt until she had undone them to let her hand play with his chest gently.

Six weeks later she would go aboard a ship set to sail for three months. Her friends bid her fair well declaring their congratulations to them as they, and the other members of the crew, knew their intentions to marry while abroad and then have their celebration upon their return.

"Considering our eagerness, he said I would say likley in New Orleans after the wedding he said with a grin." "It would seem that six weeks are going to be more than long enough to wait!" he said as she played with the hair on his chest.

Robert was glad that they had left early that morning for New Orleans, would have only one night aboard ship, while not married. The ship had only one available room for them, the captain's cabin so he spent the night on the couch in his office off the bridge.

Kitty’s sleepless night tossing and turning brought the morning far too slowly but when the mother of the young man who hired Robert came to help her dress. She smiled at the woman who doted on her and as the woman pinned a stunning broach to the center of Ava’s dress.

Once ready she followed her new friend to the open air where the sun was high and welcoming. She tucked her hair up in a French bun and waited before being guided off the boat to the location where they were going to be wedded.

The park was beautiful as it was situated along the levee, and overlooked the mighty river. The magnolias were in bloom, and it was a wonderful sunny day with a light breeze Robert was dressed in his dress white Captains uniform with gold braid, and bright brass buttons. He looked dignified and handsome as he waited with the priest for his bride to arrive. They stood alone befoe the priest with only the first mate and the woman who had assisted kitty as witnesses. The ceremony was simple, and beautiful, and they were serenaded by the sounds of nature as they exchanged their vows. Robert presented her with a simple gold band that would acompany her diamond engagement ring on her finger. When they had exchnaged their vows and the priest indicated, he kissed her with a passion such as she had never felt from him. A tear of joy streaked his face. "Oh Kitty, I am the happiest man alive today" he said.

Her own face had been streaked with tears and the smile never left her face. Once she had given him the thick golden band she had gotten for him a few weeks prior in preparation for the day they were to be married. He looked handsome and this had been the first time she had truly gotten to look at him fully in his uniform. Her dress was simple and a bit ahead of its time as it was sleek and mostly made of lace. The woman had it made by the most edgy designer around and even in the more free looking fabric Kitty looked pure and innocent.

As he kissed her she wrapped her arms around him a soft and happy sigh coming from her. When their lips parted she smiled at him her tears still dripping down her cheeks and she reached a hand to wipe his eyes, “I love you so very much.” Her lips pressed to his again and she waited for him to lead her where ever he should choose.

Robert had a carriage waiting in the park which took them to a fine hotel in the french quarter. When they arrived, he helped her from the carriage and up ther stairs to their room. Once the door was open, he swept her into his arms, and despite his still healing foot, carried her over the threshold. He laid her on the bed, hung a "do not disturb" sign on the door, locked it and joined her on the bed.

He pulled her to him and kissed her deeply, then hands shaking slowly began to unbutton her dress. Though he had dreamed of this moment many times, nothing had prepared him for the emotions he was now feeling. He looked her in the eyes, love streaming brom them like rivers of life. "Oh Kitty!, my wonderful Kitty" was all he could say. He was overcome with pure joy.

She blushed a dark red at how eager he was and her cheeks heated as the rest of her body did, “Robert…”She paused a smile coming to her face, “Husband…My dear husband, please be gentle with me. This is my first time after all” She gave a coy smile and sat up slightly to let her long and beautiful hair down. She lay back again smiling at him and waiting for him to have his fun at undressing her. She knew not what to expect but she did grow painfully aware of him much she wanted to see, touch, and feel his body.

He undressed her slowly, lovingly, much as one might unwrap fine china,fearing it might break. After endless tiny buttons the dress was finally ready to remove, and then there was her corsette. He unlaced it carefully and set it aside. What remained was her camisol, garters, panties, and stockings. He paused to caress her bare shoulders, and kiss them, before kissing his way across the tops of her breasts. Hlooked at her lovingly as he slowly peeled the camisol up he body and over her head and off. His breath caught at the sight of her breasts exposed to him for the very first time. Their rosie pink nipples capping creamy white mounds. Oh my dear Kitty ! he said. How lovely. He leaned down and kissed each one tenderly.

Back
Top Bottom