Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dancing to a new tune (Wolvenrogue and Dead Rose Garden)

Robert slept peacefully most of the night, but woke suddeny once more, and started to try and get up in the dark but ended bumping into and rolling against Kitty. "Oh! I'm sorry" he said rolling back to the sofa. " Kitty I need some help to the bathroom."

Kitty managed to help him there and then lead him to where his room was, “Let’s get you dressed alright?” She had never entered his room in the time they had lived together but she kept to her mission not looking around but helping him to sit on the bed, “Now where are the clothes you want to wear?”
She moved to stand in front of him unsure where to start helping. “I have never done this before so what do I?” She blushed at the thought of seeing him nude but then she thought, “Oh you would want a bath wouldn’t you? Oh no I am so sorry Robert. How do I oh what should I do you have to tell me here.”

Robert was still abit foggy from the efects of the brandy but he tried to concentrate." Lets see if we can do this without embarassing each other too badly" he said. "Get me my robe, then turn your back a moment". Once he had his robe he stripped off his shirt and pulled on the robe then he unbuckled his pants and pulled on the robe. "OK help me stand" he said "Now reach under the robe and pull off my pants" he said. As she did he collapsed back on the bed and let her pull them off his legs. "now if youwill fill the tub and get me to it i think I can bathe myself.

She lead him to the bath and then later once she was sure he would be ok a few moments while she went back to fold the other clothes he had taken off and returned to knock lightly on the door, “Robert, Do you need me to come in?” She blushed a bit but she was a little less uncomfortable with him in this situation as she was starting to understand more that this was not something improper so much as his need to receive her help.

"Yes" he said he was sitting in the tub with his broken leg up over the edge. " I need help getting out of the tub." It was at this point that Robert knew there would be little room for modesty. When he had gotten in, he had lowered himself in when she was out of the room, but now, there was no way for him to stand. She would need to lift him and that meant seeing everything he had, and touching much of it. "Your going to have to help me stand, and there is no way to cover myself, dear, I am sorry. I'll put on my robe as soon as I can. You need to take my arm and help me up on my good leg."

Catherine bit the corner of her bottom lip and pushed open the door taking a deep breath and trying to keep herself from blushing. She came to the tub offering her assistance as much as she was able and surprisingly for a woman she was rather strong. She blamed it on the many times she was forced to carry stage equipment and pieces of the settings from the stage but at this time she was grateful for such menial tasks.

“You can put your weight on me if you need to. “ Kitty was a short woman most especially when she stood barefoot as she did at that moment but she got him to his feet and was proud of herself for keeping her cool despite the feeling of his body against her own. Kitty was normally put off by all the layers she was forced to wear but suddenly she was glad for them. The thing with Kitty however was that most dresses forced the bounty of her breast to be plumped up more than other women’s and she refused to wear high collared clothing and tucking lace so in that aspect her flesh hand touched him as did her hands. She tried to be a little more open-minded in this instance as she knew she was to be his wife and would likely be having to present herself just as nude in due time.

Robert did his best to keep this situation practical, and not sensual, but it had been a long time since he had felt a woman's touch. He tried hard to get standing and the robe on before he became aroused by the situation. In the process he slipped and had to grab on to her, pulling their bodies tight against one another face to face for a breif moment, his robe not yet closed and his naked body tight against her. He wanted badly to kiss her in that brief moment, but resisted and after steadying himself closed the robe quickly and let her help him from the tub. She walked him back to the room and helped him onto the bed where she had his clothes laid out for him. He kissed her and thanked her or her help.

Kitty blushed a great deal but she said nothing about the feeling of his attraction to her touch. In a way she felt excited herself by the notion, he found her attractive, which if she had not known already she was certain of now. In that moment when he was considering kissing her she was hopeful he would so that she did not feel so guilty at the attraction of seeing him bare before her. As he had not Kitty simply helped him to his room however when he kissed her then her mouth lingered on his.

For the first time Kitty was kissing him with more than general affection and she came close to his body her chest pressing closer to him. She made a soft pleasure noise when she pulled away the first time only to return offering more of herself in the kiss. Kitty then did something she hardly realized she was doing until it was done. She untied his robe as she kissed him and brought her hands under the robe to feel over his chest and around his ribs to his back.

As she kissed him Robert noticed the change in her response to him. There was suddenly a desire in her kiss. When she opened his robe, he was both surprised and thrilled, but also aroused. He had been carefully guarding his response to her so as not to offend her, but her taking the initiative as she did, completely disarmed him. His manhood began to stiffen, and no amount of self control on his part was going to stop it. to compound the problem, with the robe untied it found its way out in plain view and with where she was standing and her hand inside the robe he couldn't cover up.

Her eyes were shut so she did not notice the reaction. Instead she pressed on and she reached for his left hand pulling it to her waist. Her lips moved away and touched his cheek pausing to see his facial expression still unaware of his situation. "Sorry. Was that ok?"

"I was more than ok my dear" he said, "It was wonderful. He pulled her her to himself and wrapped his arms around her. Wth her arms around him under the robe, she was pulled against his chest and between his thighs and he kissed her with passion. The robe was now completely parted, and he held her close. Still, in that position, she could not see his predicament, he thought it entirely possible she might feel it. He was burning with passion for her at that moment, and having difficulty maintaining control of himself. "Kitty, I love you." he said.

"I love you." That was when she noticed. Eyes widened and mouth agate Kitty froze just looking at his face for a long time before she spoke, " I am so sorry Robert. I should ... Um let you dress." Hands over heart she backed away to the door exitong and closing the door leaning against it. Several deep breaths later she spoke through the door, "Let me know when to come back in."

Robert had been embarassed when he couldn't control his body's reaction to her, but his desire for her had momentarily overcome his embarassment. He was dissapointed when she pulled away but understood why. "I'm sorry Kitty" he said. "I'll be just a moment. " As Kitty waited out side the door she heard a loud bump and a groan from the bedroom. "Kitty! I need your help." Robert had tried to put on his underwear and with the stiff leg had fallen off the bed onto the floor and though he had tried, he could not get to his feet. He was laying on the floor, and had his underwear hooked around his good ankle. He did manage to cover himself with his robe. "Don't worry, I'm decent"

Kitty entered taking a deep breath, “What do you need me to do?” She knelt beside him gently pulling the under garment over his legs and up to his hips helping him lift them to pull the undergarment on and then moved to get his pants and repeat the process before offering him help up. “Is there much pain?” Her brow drew together with concern and then she heard someone on the steps.

“Kitty? Anna told me what happened I came to help. Kitty are you home?” Lizzie called to her but holding a finger over her lips she showed her desire to make her friend think she was not in. It was bad enough to be found last night as she was but to be found in his bedroom with his body exposed as it was could make her friend’s flush with expectations of children coming sooner than later.

Robert smiled at the irony of the situation, but kept quiet. He didn't want to embarrass Kitty. Here he was laying on the floor with his pants down below his knees, and Kitty on her knees at his feet. It really didn't look good, and they could hear Lizzy coming up the stairs calling out "Kitty?" Finally the sound of Lizzie's voice was just outside the half open door. "Kitty? Oh! I'm so sorry!" "Lizzie come in here! Don't you dare run away!" Lizzie came back in cautiously, averting her eyes. "go ahead, take a good look!," he said. Lizzie looked down hesitantly. "your on the floor with Kitty, and your pants are down." "Fair enough" he said. "what else?" "somethings wrong with your leg?" she said. "Yes exactly, its broken, and i can dress my self and your friend and my fiance has been kind enough to help me." and that's the end of it. That's the truth and if I hear you said anything different, I'll personally wash your mouth out with soap. Do you understand?" he said. "Y-yes" she said hesitantly. "now go downstairs, and next time knock before you enter a man's bedroom!" Lizzie was almost white as a sheet, and ran down te stairs to wait for Kitty. When she left, Robert chuckled and looked over at Kitty. "Now where were we?" he asked, satisfied the rumor mill had been staunched.

Kitty was too embarrassed to find the humor and once she had fastened his pants she lay beside him on the floor her head on his bare chest, “Would it be terribly unfair if I left you on the floor so I could just stay like this and never have to face her again?” She blushed a deep red, “I suppose for us to be married and something like this happen I would be just as embarrassed but with us unwed?” She placed a petite hand on his abdomen where she flexed her hand open and closed in a gentle rubbing motion.

Granted for Kitty such a thing was unusual to be so bold but she was trying to find middle ground. She knew she would need to be eased into a wife husband relationship and if she was ever going to do what was naturally expected on their wedding night she would have to adjust to intimate moments when she was able to find them, “IS this aright for a few moments Robert? For me to lay like this with you?”

He hugged her gently to his chest. "yes of course, its just fine." I 'd offer to deal with Lizzie, but you would just have to take me there anyway. I'm sorry that happened. Obviously I'm not as sensitive as you to what others think, but I am fine with that. I love everything about you, including your sweet shiness. He didn't mind keeping Lizzie waiting, in his mind she deserved it. He decided he would go downstairs with Kitty and not force her face Lizzie alone.

Catherine placed a soft Kiss on his chest before she got to her feet and then moved to help him up. She set him against the bed again offering him his shirt. “After you are done I am going to ask Lizzie for her help getting you down stairs.” She went from the room to call Lizzie, “Lizzie please come give me a hand? I have to get Robert down the steps.” But it was not her friend who came up the steps but instead it was the older boy from yesterday.

“Hello Miss Kitty. Might I be of service? I would very much like to speak with your husband if he is up for company.” The young man waited halfway up the steps for her call when she went to tell Robert of the news.

“Robert dear I am coming in.” She pushed open the door and walked in, “Do you recall the young man who’s brother came for lessons? They helped get you in the house yesterday. Well he is here and offered to help you down the steps and he wanted to talk to you. Do you feel up to it?”

"Sure why not" he said. " he was helpful to me yesterday, its the least I can do. Robert waited while the strong young lad came up the stairs, and helped Kitty get him down.

" How can I help you son?" he asked, once they reached the main floor and then the sofa.

Kitty went to tend to Lizzy who had come with a table full of foods. That she and Anna had brought with them. The cook had sent them after having heard of her fiancé’s injury along with other things from students and their families. “Lizzie. What is all of this?” And then the mother of the boy came around the corner pouring a short glass of brandy which she had brought with her bringing it out to Robert with a kind smile. It was clear then that many people had come to care for them somehow and tears came to Kitty’s eyes. “So many people love you Lizzie. This all came from the men at the docks. Their wives made them.” Food enough for a week was there and Lizzie beamed happily at the presentation. Then Kitty’s eyes turned to Robert and the young man talking.

“My name is Kevin and I have heard many stories about you from my mother when she talks to Miss Kitty. “ HE took a deep breath then continued, “Well I was wondering if I could possibly ask you to be a part of something that could possibly be very important. I need a good man to captain a ship and I know you work at the docks but could you take about three months? I am traveling to Europe for trade with my father and out captain passed away a few months ago and now we are behind out time. Please say you will consider it? We can pay you well.”

" As you can see, I am a bit under the weather, I really couldn't do the job justice," he said " not that I wouldn't mind the income, and work he said, besides, I would need a place aboard ship for Miss kitty if I was possibly to accept, and she would need to be willing." he said. he watched Kitty and Lizzie talking to the other women who had arrived with food.

"Kitty might I have a moment? This young man tells me his company has offered me a 3 month commission as captain aboard one of there vessels bound for the headwaters of the Ohio, then down to New Orleans, and then back here. Would you be willing to travel with me if i accepted?

Kitty walked towards them curiously, “That sounds like a wonderful opportunity but we must be back with enough time for the wedding and to make plans for out reception. After all the kindness we have been shown I am sure you understand.” The young man smiled at Kitty then turned his attention to Robert again.

“She won’t be lonely. My sister and mother will be aboard as well. We said in six weeks when your leg is to be healed. So what say you? Shall you be among us?” He gave a wide smile to Robert and his kind mother stood beside Kitty her hand on her shoulder with hope in her eyes, “Besides with the women there we will pay higher as we will have a chef from my mother and entertainment with your wife to be.”

"You have a captain", he said. "and entertainment as well" he said smiling at Kitty. "we should be home two weeks before the wedding, That should be enough, shouldn't it? he asked, looking to Kitty for advice. He thought the opportunity a good one for both of them, both financially, and also for building their relationship.

Kitty nodded and was about to speak when Lizzie spoke up, “Well I know you both had the boat set for the wedding but our manager wanted to extend the offer to have the wedding at the theater. Also the reception will be thrown as a grand ball by the owners of the theater house in the hopes of Kitty’s return to them after the wedding.” Kitty’s eyes filled with tears and she realized how many friends she truly had when the mother of the boy’s spoke next.

“And I have my dress maker waiting for our arrival to produce a gown befitting the talented diva she is.” The plump older woman smiled at her, “A wedding gift from me.” Kitty hugged the woman and cheer rang through the house.

Then Kitty looked at Robert, “Is all of that well enough for you?”

"My dear, a wedding is a woman's special day. You may plan it how you wish, I will be happy enough just to be the groom. We will have our cruise on the boat I captain, and then the wedding, and then we well settle down in our home and set about a family, He said. giving Kitty a playful look. he watched for her to return the smile, hoping she would.

Back
Top Bottom