Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

our island adventure (wolvenrogue and nightsorceress)

Aurora had never seen anything like a naked man, she was in sheer shock as she entered her house. She took off her clothes and changed into some drier ones. She was pacing a little as she heard his voice call from the outside. She did not know what to do. She quickly picked up her wet clothes and moved past him and head outside. "Yes go a head and go in have to hang these up" she said as she head towards a tree to hang them.

Robert went in and arranged the food on the table and put his shirt back on, then came out and sat on the stoop, his head in his hands. As she started to walk past him into the house he said, "I'm so sorry, please forgive me"

Aurora felt a little weird looking at him again now. She did not know if she could ever get that image out of her mind. She walked back in to the house and saw him sitting on the stoop. "Forgive you for what, bathing?" She wrinkled her forehead

Robert was confused, this girl was a mini to him, only a moment ago she was running and apparently very emotional, but now she seemed cool if anything. He didn't know whether she was shocked, hurt, or angry, or possibly all three at the same time. He had never know a woman to react in this way, and he didn't know what to do. All he knew was, that things were different, and not for the better.

When he didn't say anything else she shrugged her shoulders. "Alright well i am going to fish" She said as she got her spare and started down the beach. She didn't know how to act around him any longer. it weird now that she had seen him naked. She knew she couldn't act this way forever but she had to figure it out.

Seeing an opportunity to break the tension, Robert followed her down the path to the beach. "Where you going to teach me to fish?" He asked. "I'd like to be able to help you. Just let me watch I'm sure that I can catch on pretty quickly."

Aurora jumped when she suddenly heard him behind her and she turned to look at him. That was right she did say she would teach him to fish and she could not back out of it. "Alright." she lead him over to a good spot with little pools where fish liked to go. "You to take your time, watch for a clear shot, it takes some practice but when you get it..." she trailed off and throw the spear into the water hitting a fish right away.

He took the spear, aimed and and missed, bt not giving up, he picked it up and tried again, and this time cme up with a good sized fish. He smiled at her. "See" he said, "your a good teacher." They took turns fishing, and afeter an hour had more than enough.

Aurora watched him fish. "well it looks like i won't have to fish every day anymore, but that would leave me with a lot my spare time to do what with i don't know" she said as she picked up the fish and headed back to the house.

"Well at least you have someone to spend it with," he said, hoping that what had happened earlier had not completely spoiled things. He followed her back to the house and help her clean the fish and wash the fruits and vegetables they picked out of the woods. At this point it was white clear to Robert that at least they weren't going to starve to death. They had food and to spare, a comfortable place to live and pleasant climate. Were it not for the fact that they were unable to leave their situation would be considered by many to be nearly ideal. A fact that became more apparent Robert as each passing day went on.

Aurora nodded a little. You are right, at least i am no longer a lone in this place" She began to cook the fish, but instead of cooking them over a fire as she had done twice before she got a pot and some of fresh water in it. She then added fish heads from ealier into the pot making a fish broth that she would flavor with some the vegetables on the island and the coconut milk and meat. She removed the heads and added chunks of the fish to the pot.

Robert stood behind her looking at the pot as she cooked. He sniffed the air, and said" That smells really good." He hoped that standing so near to her wouldn't be a problem. He was taking things slowly, trying to regain her trust. This was a new situation for him, one he had never had to deal with, not in the 20 years sent he went to sea.

Aurora was stirring the pot when he came over to her. She did not jump but was a little surprised to have him close. She smiled though when he said the food smelled good and got a spoon full and offered it to him. "Tell me if it needs anything" she asked him trying to move past what happen earlier.

"It tastes good too!" he said. He had little experience cooking and wouldn't have known what to suggest. He did know that she hadn't pushed him away and he was happy about that. He planned on taking it slow, but letting her know of his continued interest.

Aurora smiled a little when he said it tasted good. She then slowly stood up and got two bowls and two spoons. She filled a bowl up for him and handed it to him. "Enjoy" she then filled her own bowl up and took a seat eating it

He ate heartily, fresh cooked food was a bit of a luxury for him. They didn't get it often aboard an ore boat, where the most the "Cook" if you could call him that , was able to do was open a can. Here the fish was fresh caught, and the vegetables fresh picked, and he had a woman who knew how to prepare them. He couldn't be happier. "Its wonderful," he said, to Aurora. Evening was falling, and he went out on the porch to watch the sunset over the ocean.

Aurora smiled she could tell her did truly enjoy the food. She knew he was still full of wonder for this place. She did love the island but still it held nothing more for her. she moved out on the porch and sat next to him watching the sun set. "If you want we can sleep outside tonight, I have done it time to time on nice nights."

It sounded nice, the sand was soft and warm. "Why not? It sound very nice," he said. The sound of the sea breezes and the surf would be soothing, he thought. He also wondered what she had meant exactly by using the word "we".

Aurora smiled "alright well you go build a fire and i will pick up a bit and be out with some blankets." She took his food bowl and then disappeared into the house. She was in there for a short time before she came out with an arm full of blankets. She laid two down in the sand near each other and then another on top of them to cover each of them up with. They were not next to each other but close.

Robert laid out the fire and got it started with a coal from the stove. Soon it was burning cheerily. He undressed to his shorts, and climbed under the blanket. He waited for Aurora to join him. The sun was just slipping down over the water, and the starts were just beginning to shine..

Aurora watched as built the fire up, but then turned her back as he undressed. She was not sure what state of undress he was going to but figured it would be safer not to look. Once she was sure he was covered she turned back around and laid down herself just looking up at the stars.

'The stars are incredible here he said as he lay on his back looking up. Its incredibly clear." Robert said. He reached over and took her hand in his and laced his fingers between hers. He skin was incredibly soft for some one who worked as hard as she did, and he hand felt tiny in his. He squeezed it gently. "I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable at the waterfall he said. It was crude of me to do that. Will you forgive me?"

Aurora looked up at the stars they did shine very brightly. "They look so beatiful." She agreed her head then did turn as he apoligized for what happen before. "Of course i forgive you, And i am sorry as well, i just never saw...." she trailed off not having the heart to say it.

"It's all right Aurora," he said. "Neither of us has experienced something like this before. There are bound to be several things that are uncomfortable for us. The best we can do is to be tolerant of each other and try to make this work after all we don't have a great deal of choice." He reached out and took her hand holding it in his.

Aurora smiled and little. "Yes i guess there are a few things was have to get use to, and we will. All we have here is time to learn about each." She gave his hand a gentle squeeze. "And i guess too you will have time to learn about yourself here as well, no much choice after all"

Back
Top Bottom