Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Rock Hard Ballerina (CLOSED)

RE: Rock Hard Ballerina (AlexsSketches, FindingSoubi)

Yuji could take being called a player, though players usually broke hearts in his opinion not got their hearts broken. He could even tolerate being called childish. Lord knew Ito called him a kid often enough. But the dig about lying to his fans stung. Yuji was very fond of the fans the wrote him letters and begged him to take pics or sign their anything. He loved how they loved him enough to learn his lyrics swaying at his shows and mouthing the tunes with adoration in their eyes. He wasn't the gloomy, dark j-rocker most were use to. All his songs talked about love. . .being in, having it, dying without it and yet his fans drank devotedly of the Yuji brand of j-rock. Every emotion he had shared with them had been the truest part of his soul. His fans had become vicariously through his music the friends he hadn't had in life. And he never lied to them. . .not even about his sexuality though most of them didn't understand the truth and confessions buried in his lyrics.

"I've never lied to my fans Akira. You are not going to make this about me again! I never even lied to you. I might have held back, but you've always known where you stood with me. You're not putting this on me. I'm not going to chase you again. You can call me childish or a "player" or what ever the fuck you want to--but you're not hanging the responsibility of your going or staying on me! The song is not a lie. But it was written five years ago for someone I thought I loved and might love me back. Period. As for you going back to Japan or staying on the tour. . .you will have to decide for YOURSELF. I'm not going to give the easy out or tell you what you should do. Last time you listened to "friends" and it was a fucking mess. This time make your own damn choice and own it!"

Akira nodded "then I want to stay." he said and didn't bother looking at Yuji. He desperately wanted to give his reasoning for staying, but this wasn't the time nor the place. "I shouldn't have listened to them, but think about if Ito kept telling you over and over and over again that I was only in this for sex. Eventually, you would start to believe him, wouldn't you? Because you trust him." he said and took a deep breath "I understand that isn't an excuse at all for what I did to you, but it is the reason I did what I did to you." he looked down at his hands "I-I loved you back then too...but history clearly shows I didn't deserve you in the slightest." he said.

He slowly brought his prim and proper persona back, it was his way of deflecting any hurt he had inside of him. It was a way to keep him from crying and to go on with his life, like the man he was. He moved out of the bathroom, finally and headed down the isle handing Ito the key and giving a sad smile before sitting down in his seat, looking out the window without really looking out the window. He was too busy trying to come up with a dance to the song, he wanted to show Yuji what he meant to him, he figured it would be a lot better than the words he couldn't seem to use.

Ito frown up at the face Akira had, and watched him return to his seat thoughtfully. Well that wasn't right. . .The dancer looked broken up like some wounded bird that had it's wings clipped and was struggling to hang on. Yuji was behind him and Ito snagged the back pocket of the slouchy jeans passing him, and then yanked Yuji, who yelped, into the seat beside him.

"Usually kid when guys sneak off to a plane john with their lover they look a lot happier coming out than going in. What happen one of yous foots fall in the crapper or something?" Ito quipped well he peeled an orange.

"Drop it Ito." Yuji grumbled slumping in the seat.

"Naaah no can do kid. Once I see your naked ass bouncing in the air--it kinda throws the whole "client -manager" dynamic all askew. I have pay attention now, get all in your business, offer sage wisdom and shit. All very complex. So what's the deal? Why's Aki looking like a war survivor. You two fight?"

"Ito......."

"Yuji.........."

"We're just not compatible OK!" Yuji hissed glaring at Ito.

"Pfft! You looked pretty compatible screwing each other senseless not even 24 hours ago. So what gives? Look I don't even care--What ever you did, apologize. Hell apologize even if you didn't do shit! Smooth it over and make it right!"

"It will just be easier if we stay away from each other. . ." Yuji murmured staring down at his boots stretched out in front of him.

"Sorry too late for that. Rumor mill in the band is already that you two are an item. So the "relationship" continues. . .Suck it up kid apologize and get back in the game." Ito half pulled and half pushed Yuji in Akira's direction. Yuji walked down the aisle, to flop down next to Akira. He sat quietly not disturbing the dancer next to him.

Akira didn't even look over he was still thinking and he stayed that way for most of the trip. By the time they set down he had gone over at least a hundred different steps and movements, some seeming perfect the others being so far from what he wanted that he had nearly lost his concentration to kick the seat in front of him. When he finally stopped thinking about he glanced over to see Yuji and blinked, wondering when he had gotten there. "H-hey." he said and bit his lip, looking at his hands in his lap.

He was going to attempt to at least leave the relationship they didn't have anymore, as far as he knew, simple. He was honestly shocked that Yuji was sitting next to him, there were other seats he would have been able to sit in, there was no point for him to sit next to Akira, at least as far as Akira could think of at the moment.

"Hey. . . um. . .yea. . .Ito says I should. . .um. . .apologize. So I am, apologizing that is. For. . .er. . .everything? Yea everything. I will try to not be um. . .a dick anymore." Yuji attempted to prove his point by handing Akira his bag from the overhead. He vaguely wondered if he should warn Akira Ito had booked them in one room and seem like he was going to make them continue this farce. He opted out for the sake of peace, they still needed sleep and push come to shove--Yuji figured he'd just sleep on the floor or whatever couch was in the suite. They'd be like roommates.

Ito rolled up on both of them, with his plot already set. He was going to make sure Yuji and Aki eat, slept, and breathe each other every minute they weren't on stage. Since they couldn't figure it out themselves, he'd manage their relationship the same way he managed Yuji's career. Starting now.

As they disembarked, Ito put himself between Yuji's bodyguards and Akira with the rest of the band and dancers trailing them. Even when medium sized cluster of fans rushed Yuji, Ito kept an eye on Akira so he couldn't escape with the rest of the band to the cars--while Yuji signed limbs, books and took pics while he hugged crying girls.

"Ah ah uh! Don't even think it cupcake. . . You and Yuji are roomies. I'll tell you like I told him--work your BS out. The band is already convinced ya'll are sleeping together. Which isn't too far off the mark. So get the bee out your bonnet. The kid is a knuckle head. . .whatever stupid thing he said to you was just that. . . knuckleheaded. If you want him kiddo your gonna have to fight for him. He's stubborn, proud, and lives in fear of seeming like he's a loser or that he isn't good enough. Gee, I wonder where THAT hang up came from?" Ito eyed Akira knowingly.

Akira took his bag from Yuji and was about to head off when he was trapped by Ito. He sighed and followed by Yuji's side, trying to put a soft smile on that at least made it look like he was just tired and not sad about what had happened. He nearly was thanking the fans for taking Yuji's attention, now was his chance to slip away, if only for a little bit. At least, that was his plan until Ito caught hold of him. He frowned a little bit but, kept his happy face until Ito went on about Yuji not feeling adequate. He looked away, his fake smile slipping completely.

"I've tried to..." he stopped, there wasn't any use in explaining to Ito about everything. He nodded "You're right. And why do I get the feeling that I'm going to be stuck with him...without any moments to spare to myself?" he asked. "Which, if that is the case, and you don't mind I would at least like an hour in the studio by myself. I don't care if it's at six in the morning. I would like to work on this lovely dance that you've assigned to me." he said, with a hopeful look, though still expecting it to be shot down in two seconds.

Ito let the fans mob Yuji a bit more. Security had it covered, besides it was great press already he saw a TMZ pap sneaking off a few shots. While he watched the managed chaos he thought over the dancers request.

"OK cupcake. You can have 6 am to yourself. But ONLY on days when we ain't gotta do morning press. Those days you'll have to time manage and find some time on your own. Meanwhile, I want you to sell the girlfriend angle. You look good on stage and next to Yuji, so play it up. No you won't have have a moment to yourself, not here in the US--which is why I told you what ever crap you have with Yuji, squash it. America has a paparazzi culture that far exceeds anything we have in Japan. They thrive on it. So no fighting, no pouting and no BS. I don't want to see you guys on the blogs, or any speculation about the status of your relationship. You guys have to behave like the sexy rock couple from heaven!" Ito finished before he lit a cigar and blew a few smoke circles.

Akira watched the mess, he didn't understand how any of them made sense of what was going on. He smiled though "Thank you." he said, his spirits already up a little bit just at the thought that he'd have just an hour a day on his own. He sighed and brushed at the jeans he was wearing "Fine, you want a rock couple, you have one." he said and made his way through the crowd, once he reached Yuji, his arm and hand were intertwined with Yuji's. He smiled at Yuji, as if there was nothing more he wanted in the world and if Ito had his way, that was going to be true with in a week. "Are you done looking at all the other girls, Yu-yu?" he asked, bringing back the nickname would probably help a little bit.

The fans gave a collective gasp, and those still able to think started Facebooking, Tweeting, and Tumblring this new development in Yuji fandom land from their cell phones. The others (the ones still planning Yuji as their baby daddy in the near future) tried to discreetly check face and hair and then decide if they were hotter than the girl holding his hand. Yuji chuckled inwardly, Aki could be very naughty when he wanted to be--too bad it wasn't for keeps or even for real anymore.

"Sure babe, sorry I took so long," Yuji worked hard not to laugh as the fangirl gasp that reverberated through the small crowd. Then security was wisking them out of the JFK terminal and into a waiting towncar. Ito was in one of his own as they merged out into traffic. Pressed into Akira's side, Yuji studied his profile.

"You know you just broke like 20 of my poor little fangirls hearts right? That's like 40 less pairs of panties that will be thrown at me tomorrow night." Yuji mocked seriousness, still trying not to laugh, and failing miserably.

Akira looked over and crossed his legs, one over the other, as he sat in the town car. "Oh, you loved it." he said "And I bet you ten bucks that is 40 more pairs of panties that will be thrown at you tomorrow night. You seem to misjudge teenage girls." he said and chuckled a bit. His old smile was back, if only for a brief moment, before he remembered that all this was fake, just a stupid publicity stunt. "I didn't realize how many fans you had here in America." he said. "It looks like I'm going to have to step up my game. You'd have to be desperately in love with me to not give a second glance at those girls." he bit his lip.

Yuji smiled at the 40 more panties quip, but the smile slowly bloomed red roses on his cheeks at the rest.

"You'd be surprised at how desperate in love your charm can make people," Yuji murmured quietly staring out the window. Giving himself a shake, Yuji quickly changed the subject to a safer topic. "I didn't have that many. . .American fans that is. . .until they added my music to a video game here. It's a very popular first person shooter. I'm the song that plays for the hero after he/she rescues their lover. It also plays briefly in the beginning of the game. That gave me a small fan base here. Then when the game got optioned to be a movie, they asked me to record the sound in English, and then asked for three more. I'm almost half of the soundtrack for the movie. That's when the American invites poured in. The movie didn't do so well after the opening weekend, but the sound track was a big hit. The parent label to the one I am on in Japan wanted me here to capitalize on things. So here we are. . ."

Yuji shrugged. It still kinda shocked him he was in America and that he was popular. He had just wanted out of foster care and to not be looked down on anymore. . .This. . .this was more than even his wildest dream. And it would have been perfect if . . . Yuji shook himself again! No thinking about what ifs!

Akira was about to comment on his charm, though was grateful when Yuji switched the subject. "Ah, that makes sense. It's cool though. I didn't think I'd be in America...at all." he said glancing out the window. "Never thought I would leave that studio, to be honest. never thought I would see you again, never thought I would get to dance for you..." he trailed off "y-your audiences." he tried to change his 'mistake' praying that it wouldn't start another fight, they hadn't really gotten back in normal mode yet, but at least they weren't scream at each other. "I-I'm sorry, about yelling and everything, as well. I didn't apologize when you did, I should have. I was just thinking when you did and I guess it didn't catch up." he said.

He sighed and leaned on Yuji's shoulder not really thinking about it "We make one hell of a couple." he chuckled "What do you think they think of us? Do you get their...their whatever they use here post things?" he asked.

Yuji had forgotten right up until that moment Akira had never been to America. Yuji had been to California, and briefly in New York. Thinking quickly, Yuji buzzed the driver. What he intended was a long shot on short notice--but he was already tapping on his cell even as Akira leaned on him.

"Sir?" The driver asked brightly.

"Can you detour to New York City Center?" Yuji asked quickly. "I'll pay you for the extra time. Just drop us off and come back in a few hours--have a nice meal on me."

"S-sure sir! Shall I alert the other car?" The driver was use to eccentric celebrities but a side trip to New York City Center was a new one for even him.

"NO!" Yuji said quickly. The last thing he needed was Ito to say no or ask a bunch of invasive questions. Ito said he had to work things out with Akira, and that is what he would do. Tapping quickly he ordered the seats and grinned.

"I don't care what people think Akira. I never had. If it wasn't for my label and Ito you likely could be who you are. As for the fans Ito will cover it in a meeting--I try and stay away from blogs and social media. It just messes with your head." Yuji leaned his cheek carefully on Akira's head, not wanting to dislodge him or scare him away. "Are you gonna be able to handle it if their cruel?"

Akira blinked at what Yuji was doing, he was very confused. "Yuji?" he asked, about to get up but he felt Yuji leaning on him as well and stayed where he was. "I'll be fine, as long as they aren't doing anything physical. Mentally I have no problem, they can do their worst if they like. " he said and smiled a little. "Now, why aren't you telling Ito where we are going and where are we going?" he asked. "What is the New York City Center?" He was trying to think, he was pretty sure he had heard of it before, maybe. He couldn't remember where though or what it was. "You...we aren't going to get in trouble for this are we?" he asked, that was the last thing he needed getting in trouble with Ito again.

"Naah. . .They mostly will just type. Computer badasses. But if you're worried I'll check my Twitter in the morning and see what they are saying. As for your other questions. . . I'm apologizing. Since apologizing was Ito's idea--he can't get mad, now can he?" The town car turned down West 55th street and began to slow. It pull up in front of a large theater that looked like a cross between hotel and a cathedral. On the front hung a huge red banner, with a well-muscled and limber man in the air as if he were about to leap from the red background. In large yellow writing, "NYCC Welcomes back Alvin Ailey American Dance Company. Yuji hopped out of the towncar holding the door for Akira.

"Voila! You haven't been to America before so I figured you might want to see how they dance. I would have taken you to Lincoln center, but the dancers there won't inspire you the way these will I promise!" Yuji blushed now wondering if he had done the right thing. May be he should have asked first? What if Akira preferred just traditional ballet? Yuji didn't know but he had seen this company before and the dancers had reminded him of Akira, wild and free--and passionate. With real bodies, and muscles. . .to Yuji they had been amazing and so many varieties of skin tones and ethnicities. They had inspired him, and he wanted to share that in this Akira's first American theater show.

Akira nodded "I suppose." he said and stepped out of the car and blinked when he saw the huge banner. He was a little shocked that Yuji was doing this, but he was in no way going to complain about it. Before he knew it, the excitement that Yuji was going to show him how Americans danced just overwhelmed him, his arms were around Yuji's neck and he had kissed Yuji "This is wonderful!" he said as he backed away from the kiss, still not realizing what he had done. "I can't wait, how did you get tickets? Did you get tickets? What kind of dances do they do, have they been anywhere but America?" he constantly was asking Yuji questions, all the while trying to decide if he should wait for Yuji to lead the way or head up as fast as his legs could carry him.

Since he had never been to America, he had never seen any American artists, at least not like this. He had heard of American singers that had come to Japan or were popular in both areas, but not artists like this. He was nearly bouncing, constantly looking from Yuji to the theater, hugging Yuji, kissing his cheek, holding onto his arm. He must have looked like a kid that had just been told they were going to live in Disney World forever.

Akira's happiness was contagious. Yuji was getting excited about the performance even more. He felt giddy like a kid to see genuine joy and excitement from Akira, that wasn't forced or coaxed from him. He was proud of himself for finally finding a way to get the dancer to smile.

"The tickets I bought on my phone. I warn you now they aren't front row or anything, but you'll still get a good view." Yuji chuckled and tried to answer all the questions at once. "They dance. . .I guess like you do. Ballet, Modern. . . tonight's performance is more of a lyrical piece though."

Yuji plucked a playbill from the ticket window, and handed it to Akira. For once he was glad to not be in Tokyo. No one knew him here like that--he could still just be a regular guy out on the town on a fun night. Leading Akira into the dim theater he waited until they were seated comfortably before speaking again quietly.

"Yes they have danced all over the world. I saw the company in Japan a few years ago." Yuji didn't mention that he had a hard time concentrating that night hoping Akira might be there on the stage that by some miracle he would have seen him again. "Then I saw them again here in New York. The director apparently revolutionized dance back in the 80's and he built his own company so dancers of all races, shapes, and sizes--would have a company that they could call their own--as opposed to I guess being corps de ballet or ensemble members for the rest of their careers."

The lights lowered as Yuji began talking, and the show began. . .

Akira seemed to tune Yuji out after he was handed the book, his eyes lite up as he read every bio and every introduction, every single page. He saw that they had been in Japan a few years ago and frowned guessing that he was too busy at his own studio to even notice that they were there. He glanced up when the show started and when into pure awe. His eyes never once left the stage, following every dancer with his eyes, hard to do, but he did his best. His mouth dropped a little as he continued to stare. He'd love to be up there dancing with them and the way they danced he felt like he was.

By the height of the performance he was on the edge of his seat, one of his hands having found Yuji's and he was gripping onto it. The steps were complicated and he wanted to see how well they pulled it off. He smiled a bit when they all seemed to pull it off flawlessly. Akira sat back in his seat when the lights started to come back on. He was half in shock, half inspired. "I don't think I'm ever going to get that good..." he said and looked at his lap, and smiled "not going to stop me from trying though..." he chuckled and finally looked over to Yuji. "Thank you. This was really nice of you." he said.

"I'm sure you will. Maybe one day I can watch you on stage, from the audience of course." Yuji stretched the kinks and bumps out of his body from the sitting so still trying not to disturb Akira. It had been hard too especially when he had grabbed Yuji's hand. But now they were back to reality. He hoped Akira would have the glowy happiness even when they had to share a room.

"Well we're going to have to make an appearance at the hotel now. Ito is not above a search and rescue mission with New York's finest. I rather not give him reason to. But I am glad you had fun! I was hoping you would enjoy it. No sense on being in America if you can't have a little fun." Yuji walked Akira back to the town car where their driver looked full and happy. At The Waldorf=Astoria, Yuji held the door and continued to behave as gentlemanly as possible. He had stalled in the car, and was silent during the show but he couldn't put it off any longer.

"Um. . . I'm sorry about this--but um--Ito is making us share a room. I mean I could always take the couch or whatever, but I can't do it in every city. The fatigue would get to me. I can be a gentleman though and in a king sized bed we could just both stay on our own sides. At least until I come up with a better solution." Yuji was blushing by the time he stammered through the explanation for their shared quarters.

Akira smiled, nodding. "I thought that was obvious. That we would be sharing a room, after all the band already thinks we are sleeping together." he bit his lip "Don't sleep on the couch...come sleep with me. I-I need a body pillow anyway, and hotel pillows are always lumpy." he said, not admitting that he very much liked sleeping next to Yuji, though they hadn't done it often. He was almost positive Yuji got the hint though.

"Um...I'll be up kind of early though." he said and bit his lip a little more, "I kind of managed to get Ito to promise me studio time, alone." he said, hesitating on the last word.They both seemed very happy, like they hadn't fought, and he sure didn't want to ruin this happiness. "It's just to practice, I like being in the studio alone at times, it helps me think and practice and..." he rambled on, trying to get Yuji to understand that it wasn't him, Akira just liked dancing on his own at times.

He didn't even wait for Yuji to have time to understand what he was saying just kept rambling. He finally stopped to catch his breath and looked at Yuji, pleading to him with his eyes to understand what he meant. "Please, please, please don't think this is because of you. It's not, it really isn't. I just...you know...like alone time." he said and grabbed his upper arm as he bit his lip.

Yuji let out a breath of relief he hadn't known he had been holding. Good! So Akira wasn't mad or feeling trapped with him in the same room. Thank god for small miracles. Wait. . . body pillow?

"Aw you wound my manly muscle pride. I'm a pillow? And here I thought I was a body of steel!" Yuji dipped his card key and the door swung open to reveal a very old fashionly furnished suite. Yuji actually preferred more contemporary hotel designs but Ito had out voted him. But then Ito didn't have digital equipment to worry about either. Yuji held the door letting Akira pass first.

"Hotel sweet hotel it is. . ." Yuji mumbled. The hotel stays were his least favorite thing on tours.

"Akira you're free to do as you please on this tour. you're not chained to me. Shop, Dance, Sightsee--just make to the arenas and shows on time that's all. And be available for meetings as a band when we have them again."

Akira slipped passed Yuji and looked around the hotel and then back to Yuji "That's what you think...I get the feeling that Ito is going to have something else to say about that." he said and headed over to the bed and sat down, "Are you complaining about sleeping with me? This would be the first, you seemed to like it before." he said, with a small chuckle as he laid back in the bed. He smiled at the ceiling for no apparent reason and sat back up a little. "You know, if this is how I'm going to live as a girl, I might just stay this way" he laughed.

That, of course, was he last thing he wanted to do, to stay a girl. He wrinkled his nose a little bit at the thought of having to stay like this. He almost wanted Yuji to come out just so that he wouldn't have to do this, but then again, he didn't want Yuji to get hurt or in trouble for something as silly as loving who he...Akira shook his head, getting rid of that train of thought. Yuji didn't love him and he knew that, he'd have to get over those thoughts and feelings if he wanted this thing to work. He looked at Yuji for a little bit, wondering if it would be as easy to get rid of his own feelings.

"If it's what you want. . . some space. . .I can have a talk with Ito so you can be like tthe other dancers and have time to yourself." Yuji paused in the kicking off of his shoes. Akira was throwing verbal barbs again. It hurt cause Yuji had honestly just wanted him to have a nice time tonight, no strings.

"Just so you know. . .It wasn't "just" about sleeping with you. I'm not this big player you think I am. Anyone who I fucked or fucked me. . . I didn't go after them. It was mutual and sometimes I would just say OK just so it could be over with." Yuji commented quietly thinking of the producer who attacked him. "You have your dancing so maybe it's different for you and you don't need anyone to hold you or be close to you after a you've been all alone all day and having to sing about love and try to believe it for an audience. But sometimes I just wanted another body to help me forget. . . "

Yuji shook himself, and threw Akira two of the fluffy monogrammed towels. "Hey you can have the shower first, I have calls to make and then songs to write. Have a good night."

Yuji padded out of the bedroom in his bare feet, closing the door softly behind him.

Akira blinked when the towel fell on him. He sat up and watched Yuji leave the room, "God Damnit!" he yelled after the other left and fell back onto the bed. He shook his head and looked over to the door. "Ito...this is going to be much harder than you thought." he said and got up going to take a shower, might as well since he didn't really have anything else to do.

When he finished he stepped out of the shower and wrapped the towel around him as he started to dry his hair with another towel. He sighed and headed into the bedroom, finding something to wear for the night, since Yuji decided to tear his other bed clothes. He found an over sized t-shirt at the bottom of his suitcase and pulled it on. He slipped underneath the covers and sat, almost trying to decide if he should wait for Yuji or not.

Yuji strummed his guitar in the suite living room for a while. He had a few English songs he was working on but nothing pressing. The fan expected songs from the video and that movie if they had bother to see it. This tour was more to promote that music and one or two others he had already written. The lack of stuff to do, left Yuji plenty of time to brood about the dancer in the other room and then get pissed off about the fact he was brooding. It also put a jet lag tension in his shoulders and neck. The Waldolf furniture was not made with sleep-on-sofa in mind. So after some cussing, tossing, and general irritation--Yuji wanted a bed. Akira was just going to have to get over it, he'd stay on his side of the bed and keep his hands to himself. Simple.

Showering in the second bath quickly Yuji took a cue from Akira and didn't bother with underwear. Or any sleepwear at all for that matter. He assumed Akira would be asleep anyway, and he was going to be gone early. Besides it wasn't like Yuji naked wasn't anything the dancer hadn't seen before. Slipping back into the darken room, Yuji slid into the side of the bed without a lump on it and put plenty of space in the middle. Sighing with relief to be able to stretch out again--Yuji thanked the heavens for king sized beds, Egyptian cotton, and down pillows and quilts.

Back
Top Bottom