Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Cop and the Runaway (Closed for DeadRoseGarden)

Despite the jeans and the shape she was she held her own pretty well. She took long strides and when she felt he was going too slow she managed to pull out in front of him. Elizabeth hated running but she never once said she was incapable of doing it. She had not graced him with an answer as to what she would make earlier because while they ran she contemplated.
Slowing down again she matched pace with him to talk to him about breakfast, “Hey I need certain ingredients for what I wanted to make and I need some girl supplies to shower with so can we go by the grocery store when we are done? I will stick like glue I swear.”

Slowing down again she matched pace with him to talk to him about breakfast, “Hey I need certain ingredients for what I wanted to make and I need some girl supplies to shower with so can we go by the grocery store when we are done? I will stick like glue I swear.”

He smiled as she ran ahead here and there. He kept a steady pace that he would likely have for an entire marathon. Although he would do maybe a couple of miles to not kill her his pace was what he wanted to concentrate on. Without the extra weight and in a different mindset, he could do five and half minute miles for a good 3 miles at least. For 26 miles….you have to have one pace to survive.

“Lizzie…I want to trust you. I do in fact like you…I hate to say because I deserve Robo Jerk. This is really hard for me but I will give you this one chance as long as you not only swear for the grocery store but for the duration to the trial to not attempt to run.” He said turned back around to head back.

“I don’t want to be a hard ass with you. I hope we can be cool even after the trial. I like your spirit.” He added and smiled.

After they returned, he took off his backpack and ankle and wrist weights.
“Alright I am gonna get ready. I am giving you this one chance…I ask you don’t prove me wrong to trust you.” He states.

She gave a weary smile one they arrived back at the house but it was one that wasn’t exactly joyus. Elizabeth had yet to truly smile of laugh but she was always brutally honest, “I can’t promise what I will do tomorrow or a year from now but I will promise you that today I will not run.” She went to her room grabbing her towel and brush and decided she would be taking her daily shower in the morning when they got back.

She showered again and hated the idea of smelling like a man but she had no other option unless she wanted to smell like a morning jog. Once Elizabeth showered she dressed in the only other outfit she had, a red and black corset top with a long black peasant skirt. She knew that she was going to have to wash her clothing when she got back. Her wet locks of hair dripped down her as she came down the steps brushing her hair, “I would kill for a nice tube of lipstick, eyeliner, and mascara.” She slid back into her combat boots and complained again, “Oh New York city how I long for your high class heeled boots to go with this. I look like an idiot with these boots paired with a skirt this expensive.” She sighed heavily and turned to him, “Let’s go then before your time grid for eating is thrown off for the whole day.”

“I can’t promise what I will do tomorrow or a year from now but I will promise you that today I will not run.” She said

“Fair enough. I would say we both have much to prove and gain respect from each other.” He replied.

She then went to her room grabbing her towel and brush and decided she would be taking her daily shower in the morning when they got back.

He went into his room and quickly stripped and took a quick but efficient shower before dressing to go out.

Her wet locks of hair dripped down her as she came down the steps brushing her hair, “I would kill for a nice tube of lipstick, eyeliner, and mascara.”

“I a cool with you getting everything you desire to make you happy Lizzie.” He replied but half rolling his eyes.

She slid back into her combat boots and complained again, “Oh New York city how I long for your high class heeled boots to go with this. I look like an idiot with these boots paired with a skirt this expensive.” She sighed heavily and turned to him, “Let’s go then before your time grid for eating is thrown off for the whole day.”

“Me? You are funny. We can maybe even stop and at least get you good pair of running shoes much less look at whatever else as long as it is fast.” He replied.

He put on a jacket as he concealed his gun in his back and one on his right ankle. He didn’t anticipate any trouble but never would be caught unprepared. He handed her a palm size walkie talkie.
“Good up to 5 miles. If we get separated….I expect you to turn this on and call me. You promised not to run on me today.” He said and then seat belted her into the SUV.

He got in and started the vehicle after seatbelting himself in.
“We are going to drive a good couple of hours…I don’t want to go around here in case anyone recognizes us.” He states.

“I thought we had to wait a few days before we risked going shopping for that stuff. Well fine than you had better get me to a mall out outlets because therei s no way I am buying cheap stuff to put on my body if I have a choice. Besides I have a prepaid card that my Foster parents gave me that has pleanty enough money for me to buy what ever I want for a long while. It’s great whey you are in a house with rich psychos. They thinking paying to abuse you makes it ok. I guess I allowed it to go on though.”
She talked a lot on the long ride revealing truths she had never admitted before, “They hurt me the worst. Mostly because I got in between them and the other kids. I did the best I could to protect them but I wasn’t always able to and the night I ran away my foster sister went after me trying to get away too but she made too much noise and he caught us. I tried to stop him but he had already gotten her and he was ready to handle me after her but I had called the cops from my cell phone so he ran. She didn’t eve die right away she just suffered for a long time.” Elizabeth put her feet on the dash crossing her ankles, “She was only 12 you know.”

“I thought we had to wait a few days before we risked going shopping for that stuff. Well fine than you had better get me to a mall out outlets because there is no way I am buying cheap stuff to put on my body if I have a choice. Besides I have a prepaid card that my Foster parents gave me that has plenty enough money for me to buy what ever I want for a long while. It’s great whey you are in a house with rich psychos. They thinking paying to abuse you makes it ok. I guess I allowed it to go on though.”

“Well I didn’t think you wanted to wait…so I am willing to bend the rules and do his.” He said and laughed a bit.

“Yea okay we will go to some nice outlet mall stores.” He adds smirking.

She talked a lot on the long ride revealing truths she had never admitted before, “They hurt me the worst. Mostly because I got in between them and the other kids. I did the best I could to protect them but I wasn’t always able to and the night I ran away my foster sister went after me trying to get away too but she made too much noise and he caught us. I tried to stop him but he had already gotten her and he was ready to handle me after her but I had called the cops from my cell phone so he ran. She didn’t even die right away she just suffered for a long time.” Elizabeth put her feet on the dash crossing her ankles, “She was only 12 you know.”

“I respect your courage Lizzie. You just need to have courage one more time to make they get what they deserve. It wasn’t your fault any of it or not being able to save your foster sister. You showed character and courage for trying but some things are out of our control. Testifying…is what you have in your control to see to the justice be served.” He replies somberly.

They arrive at the outlet mall.
“As I said, if we get separated….you call me on the walkie talkie. Otherwise stick to me like glue.” He states to her.

“Yea well if they would have let me run off I would have found him and killed him for what he did to her. I guess this way is better though I just worry that he will find me.” She slid out of the vehicle ignoring him about the tacky walkie talkie she had to have with her. “Ok lets start with bath stuff and work our way that way.” She pointed all along the way stating the several stores she would be shopping in.

She stopped into the Bath and Body store picking out her favorite fragrance called Wonderland. She got three of each of the body wash, perfume, lotion, spray and every other option available and when she went to pay she pulled the prepaid card from out of her bra. She noticed the way the clerk looked at RJ like he was some lame guy letting his rich girlfriend pay and she decided that simply would not due.

When they left the store she held up the card, “Can you hold this in your wallet for me? I think digging down my shirt is a little low class for a girl like me.” She held out the card until he took it and made her way to the next store where she picked at least ten pairs of shoes, three hand bags, and lots of cute socks that were just as decorative as they were functional, “Ok honey that’s all I want.” She gave him a fake smile to give the woman at the counter the illusion that they were a coupe and he was a wealthy man that was spoiling her. This afforded him much more pleasant reception from the employees and by default made her seem less pitiful to ritzy people like the ones that ran the store.

“Yea well if they would have let me run off I would have found him and killed him for what he did to her. I guess this way is better though I just worry that he will find me….Ok lets start with bath stuff and work our way that way.” She said and pointed all along the way stating the several stores she would be shopping in.

“Lizzie..you are a classy girl obviously. A rough life yes but still a special girl. It is best you don’t kill anyone with your life ahead of you…much less no worries I will watch over you and no one will harm you.” He states.

“Okay whatever stores you want to get started with are okay.” He adds.

RJ as she liked to call him just looked around the store as she shopped. He didn’t look at the product rather the people and scanned everyone and everything. He was ready if anything occurred.

“Can you hold this in your wallet for me? I think digging down my shirt is a little low class for a girl like me.” She held out the card until he took it.

“Very well.” He said and smirked.

“Ok honey that’s all I want.” She gave him a fake smile to give the woman at the counter the illusion that they were a coupe and he was a wealthy man that was spoiling her.

He looked at her initially but played along. He realized the game she was playing and he was okay with it for some reason. In his mind he was saying, ‘Really?’

“We can drop some of this off in the SUV…especially if you are going to get a lot more Lizzie.” He stated.
Shopping wasn't his cup of tea but he was enjoying spending time with her for some reason. He liked her wit.

She rolled her eyes, “Geez, you can jog with all the weights on you but god forbid you have to carry some girly bags.” She started walking back to his car and once they had unloaded she lead the way to the makeup outlet where she purchased nearly 200 dollars worth of makeup. Again she allowed him to pay with the card before moving on to the clothing store. The amount of money she spent there was obscene, “Oh by the way since we are breaking the rules anyway we may as well go out to a nice meal. We are getting you fitted for a proper suit and shoes to match my dress that I am about to pick.” She tried on several dresses but at last decided on a lovely orange and black corset top gown. Yet another pair of shoes to match that dress and they had to stop at the car again before she decided to go to the jewelry store where she easily spent close to 1,000 dollars. Her funds seemed limitless, “We might want to drop this off and grab a quick lunch. Then I have to go to the ladies under garment slash sexy shope to get some undergarments. I doubt you want to go in there with me so if I promise to be good can you wait outside? Then we should be ready to get you that suit.”

She rolled her eyes, “Geez, you can jog with all the weights on you but god forbid you have to carry some girly bags.”

“I would love to say you will make some guy really happy someday…but I just picture the lucky fellow. You are a peach Lizzie.” He said sarcastically.

They leave the SUV and continue shopping.
“You are really spending a lot Lizzie. Not quite my business but this is a little over board.” He stated after the last purchase.

“Oh by the way since we are breaking the rules anyway we may as well go out to a nice meal. We are getting you fitted for a proper suit and shoes to match my dress that I am about to pick.”

“What? Seriously do you think we are playing some game?” He replied not laughing so much.

He followed her to the dress store and then of all places the jewelry store.
“Really Lizzie…you shouldn’t be blowing everything on that card. You may want to use it like after you graduate and are on your own.” He suggested but on deaf ears.

“We might want to drop this off and grab a quick lunch. Then I have to go to the ladies under garment slash sexy shope to get some undergarments. I doubt you want to go in there with me so if I promise to be good can you wait outside? Then we should be ready to get you that suit.”

“Uh No…I am going everywhere you go. This is not playtime hence shop till you drop and I am your butler or something. I don’t need a suit but if I like one I will purchase Lizzie.” He said as his patience thinned but he was trying to keep his composure to let her have a good time.

“You are one of a kind Lizzie.” He said smiling.

She was not as good at keeping her temper as him, “Do you know just how long I have been with them? Do you know just how long they were paying into that card? This is the first time I have ever used it and to venture a guess I would say I still have close to three million dollars on it. If you don’t believe me check the balance the number is on the back. They were one of the most wealthy families in this country why do you think it took so long for them to get caught?” Elizabeth continued to glare at him, “I have to replace everything I no longer have and with the suit I was trying to be nice as a way to thank you for being with me like this today.”
It was clear she was a spoiled brat when tears gathered at the edges of her eyes, “And excuse me for wanting to spare you the odd looks of being the only man in a specialty bra place where there is nothing below a double d. Besides they have to measure me and I didn’t want you to know what size I was there ok?” Her cheeks flushed and she caved a little, “But I get it alright? I understand that you have to go with me.” She tossed the stuff into the car then got right up against him practically growling through her teeth, “And if anyone knows this isn’t a game it’s me. My life is destroyed and shopping makes me feel better. Now I don’t want to eat.” She walked ahead going into the store requesting to be measured. Once that was done she was directed to the F sizes where she quickly picked several bras of various colors and then selected at least five pairs of panties to match each.
She stopped to look at silky night gowns and camies with matching underpants. While doing so a woman with a tray walked over to her, “Mimosa miss?” It was clear that the women believed he was together with her and that she was over 21 so she indeed took one and began sipping it while she looked through and decided on her final selections. Elizabeth hardly cared if he noticed her drinking it.

“Do you know just how long I have been with them? Do you know just how long they were paying into that card? This is the first time I have ever used it and to venture a guess I would say I still have close to three million dollars on it. If you don’t believe me check the balance the number is on the back. They were one of the most wealthy families in this country why do you think it took so long for them to get caught?” Elizabeth continued to glare at him, “I have to replace everything I no longer have and with the suit I was trying to be nice as a way to thank you for being with me like this today.”

“Lizzie..again I am sorry I was just making an observation. I had no idea.” He said trying to calm her down.

“And excuse me for wanting to spare you the odd looks of being the only man in a specialty bra place where there is nothing below a double d. Besides they have to measure me and I didn’t want you to know what size I was there ok?....But I get it alright? I understand that you have to go with me.”

“Lizzie...” He tried to talk to her.

She tossed the stuff into the car then got right up against him practically growling through her teeth,
“And if anyone knows this isn’t a game it’s me. My life is destroyed and shopping makes me feel better. Now I don’t want to eat.”

“Lizzie come on.” He walked to catch up to her.

She walked ahead going into the store requesting to be measured. He did halt a little as this wasn’t quite his comfort zone.

A woman with a tray walked over to her, “Mimosa miss?” He smirked as he caught up to her.
“I don’t even care what you are drinking.” He said and took her hands.

“Look…let me talk for once. Okay? I like you…I truly do and hope once this over we can be friends. That is saying a lot because I am Robo Jerk and I admit that. As far as my observations not criticisms…I am looking out for your best interests. If your card has an unending balance…that is good for you. I know you may need that for your life when this is all over. I never meant to make you cry or feel bad.” He said somberly holding her hands.

“I get it about your life and then some. You are a brave courageous young woman. As I said, I like you a lot for all those qualities and your spunk with your witty humor…at least I hope some of it is humor. So, when you are finished shopping, no rush, lets get a nice meal as you planned.” He added and let go of her hands.

He didn’t want to hug her without knowing if she was cool with it. He left his arms out in case she hugged him. Probably not the way he should be acting but he was far away from thinking about his career hanging by a thread.

Still glaring at him Elizabeth finished the Champagne orange just combination and when he let her go she turned from him finding the woman with the tray, “I think I may need another one of these. I have had one hell of a day. “The woman took the glass and the items Elizabeth was holding and laid them on the counter while she fixed another two of the sweet alcoholic beverages. Elizabeth quickly downed one and then accepted the other examining their makeup selection. Sure she had already gotten some but a girl could never have too many tubes of lipstick.
By the time she was done she was calm enough to ask him politely to produce the card. Three bags filled with undergarments was plenty to get her started she thought, “We had better do grocery shopping closer to home though if we want it to still be good when we get there.” She made sure to grab the bags not wanting to make him feel like a butler and again she tossed them into the car and got into the front. She doubted he was going to want to look for a nice suit to wear so she simply buckled herself in and shut her eyes leaning her head back. She knew one more of the drinks in that place and she would have been completely drunk with nothing in her stomach but she was feeling pretty good for now. Still she was not talking to him, she was angry despite his rational and she hated even more that it was yet another person who caved when she threw a tantrum. She couldn’t truly blame him though since he knew so little about her and just what she had gone through, she understood that it was kindness but in truth right now she just wanted to be angry.

He just looked at her as she glared at him and not acknowledging him.

She was calm enough to ask him politely to produce the card.
“Fine.”

“We had better do grocery shopping closer to home though if we want it to still be good when we get there.”

“Whatever.” He said with a bit of tone of his own.

They loaded and the bags and he drove.
“I think just going back home is the best idea. I think have had enough of this long day.” He offered as he drove.

It really pissed him off to offer his olive branch and she acted out with an attitude. He was trying real hard especially with all she went through. She can’t treat people like shit and feel it is okay. As far as he was concerned, the assignment could be done in hopefully a week or less and she can go her way until she learns real manners.

When they returned to the house she unloaded as fast as she could and as seemed the usual she locked herself away in her room. She hurried to put the clothing in its proper places and when she looked at the orange gown she felt a pang of remorse in the pit of her stomach. She would try to be better the next day but today she was far beyond the point of returning. She hung the gown in the closet and then moved onto the expensive jewelry putting it in the jewelry box she had gotten.

Elizabeth flopped onto the bed hugging one of the pillows against her chest. She was not good at facing people when they were angry with her and she knew she had made him mad. The whole car ride home was plenty reason enough for her. She waited in her room all night until the following morning when she was up and ready in her new jogging duds. She padded down the steps stretching her body a bit and despite her sleepless night and 48 hours without food she felt ready enough to go.

He did calm down after a while but wasn’t going to run after her. She was basically an adult and could sulk or whatever in her room. He did however notice she hadn’t eaten anything.
“Lizzie…I know you are not talking to me or whatever but you need to eat something.” He said before he went to bed. She didn’t respond of course.

He got up early as always. He looked at her as she came out to jog with him.
“You need to eat something. I am not going to have you pass out much les have a medical emergency when I am supposed to be taking care of you.” He stated to her.

“We aren’t running this morning. I want to see you eat something before you go down.” He restated and sat in the living room.
"The refrigerator is over there and there is food in the cuperts." he added.

She grabbed a piece of fruit from the refrigerator, “See eating. Want to go now? I can eat and run its fine.” She took a large bite of the apple as if to prove she was eating like he asked. Elizabeth leaned against the door waiting for him and she figured it may have been time to apologize for her actions the day prior.
“I didn’t mean to make you angry by the way.” Her form of apology was lacking but the intent was there. Her eyes were scanning him trying to judge if he was still angry at her. She stood there still waiting for the fresh air with her apple that was missing a single bite. When she grew impatient she went to him grabbing his hand, “Come on! If I pass out at least you won’t need the weights!” She gave him a weak smile and it was obvious she was trying to give a little.

He watched her eat and apple.
“See eating. Want to go now? I can eat and run its fine.” He just shook his head.

She took a large bite of the apple as if to prove she was eating like he asked. Elizabeth leaned against the door.
“I didn’t mean to make you angry by the way.”

She went to him grabbing his hand, “Come on! If I pass out at least you won’t need the weights!”

He conceded and got up and walked with her.
“We can walk. We are not running or jogging today. We are walking so you don’t go stir crazy locked in the house the rest of the day.” He stated.

“And you are fine. I understand you have your ways about you. So we can leave it at that.” He added.

He wanted to be more pleasant but he was concerned about getting too invested with her on a personal level. Not so much she was any kind of a mess but it was likely inappropriate anyways. At least that was his justification for now.

She bit into the apple again holding it in her mouth as they started to walk so that she could take off her zip down sweater revealing the almost sheer white tank top that showed the black sports bra under it. She finished biting all the way through and walked beside him, “You should plant some flowers or something. Your house looks kind of depressing.” Her tone was pleasant and having little sleep and food seemed to do wonders for her attitude, “I drew something for you last night. I thought if I turned it into a painting it would liven up your living room or whatever room in there. The structure of the house is so nice but you can tell a single guy lives there.”
She stopped talking for a very short time before she continued again, “So do you ever see your family? What was it like to have a normal childhood where you spent your time annoyed by your siblings instead of trying to fend a savage off of them?”

He stopped for a moment.
“That is very nice Lizzie…I appreciate that…I am open if you have suggestion on décor. Maybe we can even plant some flowers together.” He said smiling.

She stopped talking for a very short time which was odd. He thought her attitude was really coming around possibly.

“So do you ever see your family? What was it like to have a normal childhood where you spent your time annoyed by your siblings instead of trying to fend a savage off of them?”

He stopped and took her hands in each of his.
“Yes I do see them one or two holidays Thanksgiving and Christmas depending on if I work. Both of my sisters are married so it depends for them.” He said took a deep breath.

“I am terribly sorry Lizzie. Many of us do take for granted our childhood.” He said and pulled her in for a hug.

“I am sorry about yesterday…I really do like you. I know you have been through hell to put it mildly. If you can try like today I can also try to be more patient. You are sensational young lady. You don't have to buy me anything...I think the world of you for you. Plus, I admire your courage.” He adds and releases the hug.

"I want to be you friend Lizzie." He adds.

She just stood there in the embrace unsure of what to do. Her face was bright red when he pulled away and as she tucked hair behind her ear she cleared her throat, “That is the first time I have ever been hugged. I mean sure I hugged the younger kids but I have never been hugged.” She gave a sideway grin her cheeks still a rose color, “Its not so bad Robo Jerk. Just do me a favor and stop apologizing for the stupidity of others. I got like four mill out of it any way. Most people would sell their soul for that sort of money I only had to give up my childhood and some blood and pain. Not a big deal if you ask me.”
“So since I am likely going to be here for the holidays does that mean I get to meet them? How are you going to explain me?”

She cleared her throat and he wondered if he went too far.
“That is the first time I have ever been hugged. I mean sure I hugged the younger kids but I have never been hugged.” She gave a sideway grin, “Its not so bad Robo Jerk. Just do me a favor and stop apologizing for the stupidity of others. I got like four mill out of it any way. Most people would sell their soul for that sort of money I only had to give up my childhood and some blood and pain. Not a big deal if you ask me.”

“Lizzie…money isn’t everything. There is much to life that I hope you experience to enjoy that has nothing to do with money. But I am glad you are…good…calling me Robo Jerk still.” He said and ended with a laugh.

“So since I am likely going to be here for the holidays does that mean I get to meet them? How are you going to explain me?”

“Yea or we will go there. I think you would like my sisters…they aren’t as…extreme as you but they both loved to tease me growing up and to this day. It is a bond they both share.” He stated laughing.

“As for explaining you? Well you are a friend of mine and you are out there…don’t get too close to her much like a Grizzly Bear. Prepare for the insults unless all of those are reserved for me of course.” He adds smiling.

She shrugged, “I never had a normal family dinner so who knows you may see a new side to me. Besides they would be welcoming me into their home not keeping me prisoner. I bet it would make them happier if you said I was your girlfriend. Your parents must wonder when you are going to get one.” She stuck her tongue out jokingly. Do they think you are gay maybe?” Then a thought hit her, “ARE YOU? Well that would explain why they put me with a guy cop.” She laughed at her joke then asked another personal question, “So are you old or something? I mean I just don't get it. Yes you act like a hard ass but you aren't as hard to live with as you think. Granted I am not your average girl but there are plenty average girls who are mild tempered and would be great for you. I guess its none of my concern and I truly have no room to talk because the last boyfriend I had reached up my shirt felt a scar and ran for the hills." She rolled her eyes taking another bite of the apple.

The memory of her one any only boyfriend was a bit embarassing but Elizabeth had always been sure she would get out into the world when she turned 18 and find someone who could really get past her history. She was starting to think that dream was stupid. She knew how most men wanted someone who was perfect in at least one way be it looks or personality and Elizabeth was no fool who lied to herself. She kenw she was lacking in all the departments. She hadn't always been such a brat though and suddenly she felt the need to say it outloud, "Before I lost my grandmother I was different you know. I can't remember too well because she died when I was five but what I do remember were teh piano lessons and how I knew how to greet royalty thanks to etiquet classes. Too bad now right?"

She shrugged, “I never had a normal family dinner so who knows you may see a new side to me. Besides they would be welcoming me into their home not keeping me prisoner. I bet it would make them happier if you said I was your girlfriend. Your parents must wonder when you are going to get one.” She stuck her tongue out jokingly.

“Girlfriend huh?” He said smiling but rolling his eyes.

“Well my mom always said I go for the sassy girls and you certainly meet the standards my dad knows I have for eye candy.” He adds laughing.

“Do they think you are gay maybe?” Then a thought hit her, “ARE YOU? Well that would explain why they put me with a guy cop.” She laughed at her joke then asked another personal question, “So are you old or something?”

“No I am not gay Lizzie….you won’t meet a guy that loves women more…it is just women don’t love me…that get to know me. I am a train wreck with relationships. Something always has seemed to go wrong. Honestly I stopped worrying about it. I was in the military that took a lot of time. Becoming a cop…isn’t much better much less having someone worry if I was coming home at the end of the day or they would get a visit to confirm I was killed.” He states somberly.

“No I am 25 years old. I am not old. You were put with me because I was on suspension but they don’t want to fire me because I just awarded the medal of valor for taking out 5 bad guys in a bank robbery attempt and they were wanted by the FBI. It would be bad press to fire me…..So this is my opportunity to redeem myself by keeping you protected.” He adds and takes her hand. He interlocks his fingers with hers.

“Holding hands and that is it. We don’t need to prove we are boyfriend/girlfriend anymore than holding hands and sitting next each other. My favorite color is blue. My favorite season is fall. I love running. That is about it that they may talk about or ask you.” He states smiling.

She snickered at the thought of him defending his masculinity but when he took her hand the mocking laughter stopped and she paused however briefly, “I like orange, I like any season but winter, and well they probably wouldn’t inquire about me and if you made something up they would never know the difference any way so yea.” She thought over the age difference for a minute as well, “How old are we saying I am? I mean eight years isn’t so bad but the fact that I am under 18 might wig them out. Maybe 19?”
She was blushing now and looking down at his hand with interest. “Well um… Why are you holding my hand now? For practice or something?”

Back
Top Bottom