Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Audacity is fun :D

Candira

Singularity
Audacity, for those of you who are unfamiliar with it, is a free digital recorder that lets you mess around with the tracks you record. You can do something as simple as recording your voice for a multimedia project or create fun songs. :D I'm experimenting with it now, and I did a fun test run. Despite the amount of noise in my recording here, it's pretty clear.

So I'm wondering if anyone here uses Audacity? If you wanna chat about it, here's a great spot. :D

If you're curious to hear me, here's my trial run with it. This is from Don Bluth's version of Thumbelina. Why? Because it's pretty.

Thumbelina-soon.wav - 5.84MB

Audacity is quite solid, though it used to crash on me often. I still use it to test my microphone before using skype or other voice programs.

I like it to practice reading aloud. It's one of the ways I study and I find it's a good way to practice talking points. Also if talking (or singing) isn't part of your daily routine it's never a bad idea to practice it. The muscle needs exercise after all.

I'm liking it so far. It's fun to play with.

My voice was actually a little tired when I recorded because I'd been talking for most of the day. The voice needs rest as much as it needs exercise. *nods*

its the best and it's free. I use it to mix my songs. Lots of tweaks available. Glad to hear that you're enjoying it :)

I've used it to record a few podcasts and reviews and things. Fun little program I really need to tinker more with.

Do you ever do the pitch change stuff? Or effects? I'm just starting to learn how it works so I'm curious to see what you do too. :)

Not too much. I try to get my audio as clean as possible, so I don't touch that stuff actually. =3=;

That would make sense if you're doing reviews and podcasts *nods*

Listened to that little snippet you uploaded. Pretty good, I must say. Far better than I could do. (the audio cut out at a few parts, but the tone was very nice.)

I noticed that about the audio too. I can't decide if that's my microphone or not...

And thank you. ^^ For having not warmed up/spoken all day, it's not bad. :D

Before we got an online ordering system, I used it at my POE as a phone recorder for QA with our customers. I work at a blood center, where hospitals at that time called in to order blood products. Since then I used it for certain things. I got a radio show as one MP3 and split it up into chapters individually. While another time I glued together the best minute of various songs into one huge file for the game Beat Hazard. Result: INSANE. Have not used it much though.

Oh yeah? Neat. ^^ I never thought of people using it that way before. I'm having a lot of fun with it. I'm hoping to do more with it in the future.

Back
Top Bottom