Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

First Day (DeadRoseGarden and King_Bakal)

Eve stood and went to sit at his bedside trying to get rid of the anger before touching him but when she saw his face she broke. She started crying and sat next to him on the bed and stoked his cheek, “You big dummy.” She stroked his cheek and leaned forward kissing his lips as softly, “Now wake up so I can yell at you.” She kissed him again being as gentle as she could. She looked his face over trying to see what damadege had been done.

She picked up his hand setting it in her lap stroking the back of his hand. She hummed softly hopeing the sound would bring him to.

With a gentle voice, Brian spoke to her. "I'll wake up and I'll be labelled as a 'big dummy' by my girlfriend? How sad..." A smile was obviously on his face when he spoke to Eve. "Now, yell at me..." He looked away, then jokingly said "Atleast you still kiss me."

She looked at him and her voice cracked and her eyes watered, “Don’t you ever do this to me again and if you ever lie to me again I swear I will shoot you in your other knee with my dad’s shot gun you got that?” She had to get up and walk away again because she was crying too hard but this time she hid in the waiting room trying to control her breathing and stop the crying.
When she calmed down at last she was able to return and she sat on the edge of the bed not saying anything with her hands folded in her lap. Then a though occurred to her, “Guess I better start lifting weights if I am going to have to drag you up onto the trampoline next time we want to look at the stars.”

He was broken. He is now but a fragment of what he used to be. He couldn't be bothered now, he is with her and that's all that matters. He reached down slowly for her hand and he held it. He always liked the way her delicate little fingers entwined with his.

"Don't worry about me, I can drag myself up the trampoline once they let me go out."

He sighed after a few seconds of silence.

"I guess I better start planning ahead for our future if I aint gonna make it to the NFL."

“When can you come home? I mean you can’t stay alone right? Do you have anyone that can stay with you until you can get around? When are you coming back to school? Will you be able to ride again?” She started rambling away unsure if things could go back to being normal again, “Why did you do this anyway? I am worried about this sort of thing I mean do you always run after a threatening message?”
She looked down at him running a hand to his hair smoothing it gently. Eve wanted to look at his knee but was unsure just what the hospital gown covered, “How bad is the knee? Are you going to have to get surgery or just physical therapy?” She glanced at the top of the covers but felt it would be too invasive for her to just go looking under his blanket.

"I don't wanna know yet..." He is obviously hiding the fact that he was frustrated. He had no regrets tho. In his heart, he fought for her. There is nothing stupid about that. He told her what happened. He told her that he lost his bike, the car chase, the crash, and the gunshots. As for why he did it, he simply said. "Because I love you." The last time that he said that, Eve stopped him dead on his tracks.

She brushed his cheek and stood, "I should go call dad I know when he found me this morning I was a mess."
Eve walked out dialing her dad. "Daddy its Eve call me. Brian is is hurt really bad. Come to the hospitol I think we need some leagal advice."

When her Dad got the message he rushed to the hospital. By the time he arived the girls had gone for food. Her dad was right to the point "Alright boys tell me who we need to sew. Seems to me you boys might just be having school paid for by somone else. Lets get started."

The long conversation started. Johnny and Brian both told Eve's dad what happened. Johnny did most of the talking actually. Brian was quiet for most of the time. He didn't show any disrespect to Eve's dad, there are just too many things going on on his mind.

He might not be able to play again. To make matters worse, Eve's a senior. There is really no point in staying in highschool without Eve. He just go on with his life, look for a job, and be a good man for her. No cash compensation can replace what might have been lost.

Her dad took notes and promised to do all he could and by the time the girls got back he had gone. Jayme set a cup of icecream down for Johnny and Eve did the same for Brian in the hopes of easing some of his emotional pain. Despite the knowledge that nothing could fix this she had to do what she could.

Later after getting home she called the school requesting the assignments for both boys until further notice. She walked the distance alone and got everything knowing she had done well enough to help the boys get the work and to help them with whatever they struggled wth she refusef to be the reason he did not get hos diploma.

Two weeks had passed and the boys finally got discharged. The doctors said that Brian could walk again but It would take awhile. His athletic hopes is in jeopardy tho. Brian got depressed because of this but what can he do? He doesn't want to think about it. He has to get himself back into the groove first.

Brian thanked Eve for everything she has done for him. He also said that he is sorry for all the troubles that he has caused her. Walking on crutches was something he never did before and took some getting used too. Johnny on the other hand got sidelined because of the shoulder injury but he'll be back for his senior year. He also took the liberty to fix Brian's bike. He also gave Brian the much needed ride to and from school with Eve as a tag-along.

One day, Brian told the group to spend the night on the beach. This is where he used to go back then.

Eve had picked her outfit to the very detail of her undergarments. She was glad he was out of the hospital and she was glad that aside from the crutches and lack of bike rides things were fairly back to normal. The streaks in her hair were now blue and it matched the black and neon blue dress she wore to the beach. Thick black tights protected her legs from the growing cold as October had set in and she was also wise enough to wear her jacket to the beach as well.

When she and Jayme arrived they had brought several blankets to lay out and three huge picnic baskets full of Eve’s home cooking. When they arrived they hurriedly set everything up allowing Eve to pick the blanket closes to the ocean. She had been hoping to get an area where she and Brian could be alone but still included with everyone else. She had wanted to talk to him now that things were going alright. Homecoming was on the horizon and the prospect of singing at the game was hanging over her head. She had hoped he was going to ask her even if they didn’t dance.

It was a fun night. Chit-chatting, catching up with one another. Everything seems to be normal except for two things. First, Jayme has finally warmed up with Brian after giving him the call where she said that him and Eve where over and second, the cast on Brian's leg.
"I wish we could go swimming. Well, you guys could, but I can't. Sheesh." Johnny gave him a pat saying that it's ok. In a few more months, he could probably walk again.
The beach was a nice serene place. The calm waters and the bright sky lit up by the stars and the moon always puts a smile on Brian's face. They talked about life, fun, everything. They had a hearty meal too. Thanks to Eve of course.

Johnny was seated by Jayme and gave her a nudge. The couple in front of them needs to really talk after what happened. Jayme doesn't need any words. The two stood up and looked at each other. "I need to go home, I got a message from my dad. I'm sorry guys. Enjoy the night!" Johnny followed it up. "Yeah, I better take her home. It might take awhile tho, the game is currently on, I'll watch it. Hopefully no extra innings so I can go back here earlier. The two walked away leaving Eve and Brian. When they reached Johnny's car, Jayme gave him a smile. "Way to go. So that's how you plan things huh?"

Eve scratched her head nervously, “They are not very discreet are they? I mean I saw through that.”She looked at his cast thinking over again all that had happened, “I am really glad you’re not dead.” She smiled at him taking her jacket off to let the cool air pucker her skin, “It’s so cold but for some reason it feels good being cold tonight. She tilted her head back looking up, “You know my dad gave me permission to be out all night? He is so weird like that. He thinks you guys have a solid case. The other lawyers are already talking a huge settlement for each of you. Obviously because of the extent of your injury he is saying yours should be larger.”
She ran a hand through her hair pulling it down from the updo she had it in. Her hair swirled down in waves around her and she flopped back lifting her arms over her head to feel the sand behind the top of the blanket. She let out a soft sound of content as the sand ran through her fingers and she bent her knees up keeping her legs tight together despite the thick stockings that already covered anything from being seen, “So what are your plans for the future now?”

He lay down beside her, his arm across her body again like when they were at the trampoline.

"My plans? I don't know. Probably wait for the court case to be settled before acting on something. I'm really confused, really." He looked at her and gave her a kiss on the lips. "You're the only one he keeps me sane as of now. I hate this phase of my life." He then laughed hard. "Oh well, that's over now.." He pulled her closer. His head just beside hers. "I don't know where I would be after this. I doubt if I can even go to college without scholarship. As for the cash settlement, I'm saving it up for my Mom's medication. She needs it more than I do." He was stopped by the sudden gust of cold wind. He was not affected tho. He may only be wearing jean shorts and a white tank but he is fine. His resistance to harsh conditions was top notch. "That felt cold right?" He asked her. "I mean the wind tho. Don't worry, we'll be fine. Whatever happens, I'll be worthy for you. I'll show that to you and to everyone else."

She turned on her side and moved in close to him putting both her palms against his chest, “You have nothing to prove.” She shut her eyes and timidly pressed her lips against his for a long steady moment and when it felt as if she were moving away she kissed him again and continued the process until her breath was shallow and he had to pull away, “I wish I could meet your mom.” She smiled a little at the thought of the reception she might receive and then realized it might not go as well as she thought, “OR do you think she wouldn’t like me?”

Eve wondered silently about if he had told his mom about her at all but her she distracted herself before she could ask by tracing his lips softly with her finger. For once she remembered to wear the sort of lipstick that did not come off and she was glad for it as she examined his mouth for a little longer before pecking his lips again.

"I don't really have any idea. If you wanna see her, that's fine, if you're willing to travel to the other side of the world that is. I don't really have that much of a communication with her so I haven't really told her about us." He shifted his weight so that he could be a bit closer to Eve. "I'll definitely tell her what happened and all the wonderful things about you. I guess, I better wait for the court case to get settled before doing that."

His hand gently pushed her down the blanket, he then without a word, kissed her deeply. His hands slid up to her cheeks to cup it. "I don't care about the lipstick." He chuckled as he continued to kiss her.

She made a soft sound of enjoyment when he kissed her and she pressed back. She had gotten used to kissing him with how often he kissed her and she was glad she had. The one thing Eve could never get used to was the feeling in her stomach that she got every time he did. She tucked her hand just under Brian’s shirt, her hand feeling cool again his skin but she made no move to advance further as she moved her fingers back and forth stroking his side.
When she did finally withdraw she had to take a moment to clear the dreamy state of her brain away before she could talk, “As long as I was with you I would go anywhere in the world.” She pecked him on the lips again and then turned her mind to other pressing matters, “So about homecoming. Its here practically and I was wondering if you wanted to go. I know you can’t dance with your leg in a cast but the coach keeps bugging me to sing at the game. We could just go to the game if you wanted.” She moved her hand from under his shirt to stroke her fingers through his hair with s content smile. She was starting to think she might be falling for him. Despite her original resistance to falling in love she was no longer able to deny the way she felt for him to herself.

Her hands sent shivers down his spine. He never really felt her touching him like this before. It's as if her fingers have electricity on them. "Do you even need to ask that? Of course I'll be there.." He is still optimistic. He won't let that day pass. She should be with him. "Then we'll see how it goes then." He said this in referrence to her inquiries about his mom and the possible travel overseas. Brian's hand went down to her side, then to her hip. The soft fabric of her attire gave him a relaxing sensation. He is getting bolder now but he knows his limitations. "Please Eve," he said, "Sing. let the world hear your beautiful voice." He continued to kiss her. He's drawn to her. He can't let go.

Eve didn’t bother telling him he had never heard her sing so he not would know. She simply took his words to heart and kissed him again allowing him to touch her as he was. She felt her heart skip a beat and she enjoyed the feeling of his touch even through her clothing, something he had never done before. She whimpered softly as she tugged him towards her trying to make him lean more on top of her. She knew he knew when to stop and she trusted him enough to want to enjoy the weight of his body pressing to hers.
Eve was well aware that he would be able to walk again but when she brushed against the cast she simply could not help feeling guilt for him possibly having to give up something he loved to defend her honor. The guilt made her want to ear forgiveness even if he did not blame her.

Brian was lost in the sea of love and lust. There he is, on top of the person that he loves. He doesn't want anything else but to make her feel how loved she is. Tonight, he won't use words. There is no need. He gently shifted his weight as to not crush the very fragile Eve. It seems that every single trace of fear subsided. He is in control and he is confident of that. His hands then slid up to her lower back. It stayed there for a couple of seconds, caressing that area before he slid it up to her upper back so that he can pull her closer.

He knows that they are both enjoying this moment. There is nothing to be afraid of. Looking at her eyes, he wished to be hers, forever. At the same moment, a falling star appeared. The coupled was oblivious to it.

Not so oblivious was the returning Johnny who made his presence as he approached rather known. Eve was slightly startled and stayed completely still despite her intense desire to press on. She knew it was likely the best thing for them to stop because she knew just how wrong it was to lead him into a dangerous situation where she would turn him down if he advanced further but she had to admit the feeling of his body pressing to her was almost more than she could bare.

Eve was starting to understand why her mother would have liked the arms of men so much. To feel weak for once in her life like someone had more control of her than she retained was exhilarating and the feeling of a man against her was far different than she had ever thought it would be. She had bent her right knee to cradle his hips against her and when she realized she had done that she knew that it was a good thing they had been interrupted.

Brian didn't notice time passing by. He was so drawn to her that he didn't realize that it was already midnight. As Johnny's headlamps loomed over the horizon, he knows that they have returned.

Feeling her close like this, having the opportunity to move his hands all over her, feeling her actually answering back physically in this wordless communication made him feel like he just fell from a dark pit that he just can't go out. This is not right. As Johnny went out of his truck and started moving towards them, he gave Eve one last lingering kiss and stared at her eyes for a few. He then slowly slid down to her sides, looking straight up into the heavens above.

She went to Jayme’s that night since her dad said she could stay over at her friend’s house and despite the knowledge that she would have gotten away with staying at Brian’s she figured it was a bad Idea. She knew all too well how much they had both enjoyed being alone for the short time they were the night before and she was not going to risk seeing how much they would have enjoyed being alone with no one to interrupt them.
Eve woke the next morning feeling refreshed and the moment her eyes opened to look at the pin stripes in Jayme’s room that were covered with posters of bands and art work from god knows where she sent a message to Brian. ‘Can we do something after homecoming like go somewhere just us? Alright text me when you get up’ and then she send button before she could chicken out.

Back
Top Bottom