Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

First Day (DeadRoseGarden and King_Bakal)

Eve got up after her nerves had settled some to go into the kitchen. The movie was near its end, another part she was too afraid to watch but that was far from the real reason she walked back into the kitchen, “Brian? Aren’t you going to come back out?” She went to stand next to him and hesitantly reached for his hand, “I guess you’re upset that I freaked out. After everyone goes home tonight will you stay a little while so I can talk to you?”
She was afraid he would tell her no or be angry because she was so fickle but the kiss had been welcomed despite how afraid it made her. She wouldn’t call what she felt love exactly because she had never even liked anyone like this before but no matter how much she denied it to herself she knew deep down that she let this happen and she wanted to like him from the first day when he walked her home without any thought to asking if he could. He was impulsive and did what he wanted and she loved that about him. She had to admit that she was right the first day when she saw how he looked and knew he would look just as good in black as he did in that white hoodie.

"How can I say no to you Eve?" He said without looking at her. "Of course, I would stay if you want me to." Of course, Brian wanted to stay too. Opportunities come and go. People have to learn not to let these little windows of opportunity to pass by. He wouldn't meet her last Monday if he doesn't have that attitude. Little did he know that he'll meet someone like Eve through that scholarship offer. He wonders what Eve is thinking right now. He is turned away from her and it's too dark to see. If she could only see the smile of contentment in him. That's the only thing that he needs. That simple offer from Eve. Atleast he knows that she won't drive him away.

He may look impulsive but that's just how he is. He knows when to take risks. He knows the pitfalls associated with responsibilities. He just wants to make the most out of life. These are the words left by his father that got imbued in him.

"We'll talk Eve, we will."

Eve tugged his hand a little trying to get him to go back to everyone else with him. She went back to her spot on the floor and after a few more hours of talking and laughing everyone left and Brian and Eve were alone. “Let’s go outside. I have a trampoline and when you lay on it all you see is the stars.” When the pair went outside she climbed onto the trampoline lying back near the center.
“So about earlier, I think I kind of owe you an explanation.” She waited for him as she prepared her explanation and she started simply with, “There is a reason I don’t date.”

The cool breeze of September felt good. It was pretty chilly but it was relaxing. Here they are now, walking outside where they can resumed what they wanted to do days ago. To be alone under the great night sky. He looked at her while she climbed up the trampoline. She might look all grown up now but at that moment, she looked like a little kid playing. He smiled at that moment. Too bad she didn't see it. When she started to talk about explaining him things, he moved closer. He didn't climbed on it. He crossed his arms and rested his chin on it as he positions himself so that his face was just besides her. "Tell me about it Eve." His fingers started to play with her hair as he waits for her to start speaking. He likes it when he runs his fingers between her strands and ending it up by placing some behind her ear.

Eve sat up to face him and despite the little light she looked at his face, “I promised my mother on her death bed that I would not have sex until I was married. I know heavy right? Well try explaining that to some guy when they are all over you. I never dated because I never wanted to be in a situation where I could not keep that promise. My dad is actually my mother’s brother not my real father. My mother had so many partners that no one knew who my dad was and about five years ago my birth mother died. I had not seen her since I was five and when I was about 12 or 13 she showed up and she was dieing from AIDs. So I decided that would never be me.”
She stopped for a minute then continued, “I don’t want to do anything with anyone and that could be a problem for us. Not that you said anything about there being an us” She bit her bottom lip in that way she always did before going on, “But I did like it when you kissed me. That is why I am afraid because I know what I want from my life but I also know what a normal guy wants and I just don’t think that right now I can do that.” She turned away laying down again, “So that’s it I guess.” She hoped he would understand but with a story like that she would be lucky if he didn’t run screaming.

He looked at her with gentle eyes. He was all hers. He was paying attention. It totally made sense to him. Yes, he is a man. He knows that it will be a big lie if he tells her that he will never have any urges. Then again, he wanted this. He loves her. In a way, he could sense in her that she might be feeling the same way too. She is just being hindered and he totally respects that. When she was finished with her explanation, he waited for her to finish when she shifted position. He hovered his face above hers and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "What do you want in life?" He kissed the tip of her nose. "Will you believe me when I say that I'll respect the fact that there are some things that you just can't do?" He kissed her lips and looked at her.

“I want to live until I am old with someone by my side that I have shared most every first in my woman hood with and have my grandkids running all around me. Most of all I just want to live.” After he kissed her she answered his question, “If you were to ask me to date you I don’t know what I would say aside from if you cross the line I will shoot you down like a dart to a balloon. I get that things happen but I just want things to move at a nice pace and I want to keep my promise. That is the most important thing to me. Until I have said I do I am not going all the way with anyone. But kissing me isn’t one of those things.” She gave a slight grin waiting to see if he was going to actually ask her or if it was going to just become and unsaid thing.

"Don't worry, I'm so sick and tired of getting hit. I get that all the time while playing football." He laughed when he said that. "We are still young and I totally understand that. We have a lot of things to go through and a lot of challenges to conquer. We'll enjoy life to the fullest. Right?" He then climbed up the trampoline, laying on his side, his left arm across her body holding her right hand. He looks at her. "What if I say that dating you is a thing that would make my life way more enjoyable?" He looked at that grin of hers and gave her a long melting kiss. After breaking the kiss, he told her that he understands the situation well. "And I do hear you when you said that kissing isn't one of those things." It's his turn to give her a slight grin.

Eve smiled after his final statement and ignored the grin by moving onward with the moment, “You know I have to say that we should have brought some of that make up remover down because you have lipstick on again.” She was still not one to initiate a kiss for now because she still was a little nervous about it but she slid closer to him shutting her eyes, “You know it’s kind of late. Maybe you should just stay. I mean not in my room or anything weird like that but you know. We could sleep out here if you wanted. A couple blankets and pillows and I think it might be nice.”
She knew her dad was gone and he was supposed to be gone all weekend so for her to skip church the next day was no big deal. Her dad would never know that she had a boy stay the night and all would be good giving them a chance to talk more as she still knew little about him.

"Where would I be without you anyway?" He closed his eyes and give her a quick peck. "Of course I would stay." He adjusted his position when she slid closer to him. This allowed him to cradle her head on his right arm. "You don't mind staying this close to me don't you?" His thumb is gently caressing her right cheek. "Also, don't bother with the make up remover, you might ran out of it." He then kissed her again with his left hand supporting her head while. "I love you Eve..."

She pressed into the kiss but when he professed his love to her she pulled away, “Not yet ok. I just want to keep this light for now. I don’t want to get hurt or to hurt you.”She gave a weak smile and slipped off of the trampoline to go in and grab two blankets and a few pillows. When she returned she tossed them up onto the trampoline and climbed up again dividing the blankets giving him one and keeping on for herself. She gave him two pillows and kept two for herself laying back on them and covering up.
Eve rolled onto her side to look at him and decided she wanted to know more, “So you know my life story. What’s yours? You said you were my age so you are what 17 or 18? Why are you just starting high school? And why do you live alone?”

"Atleast you know what I feel right?" She's just being protective of herself and him. There is nothing wrong with that. It's her first time. He understands that. When she returned with the blankets and pillows, he placed one pillow on the trampoline to lay back on and the other one he placed on his belly and placed his arms on it as if he was hugging hit. When asked about his life story, he let go of the pillow and placed the palms of his hand below his head. He looked straight up into the night sky as he tells her his story. He told her about the death of his father that lead to the family's financial crisis which in turn made him decide to just quit school and work to help his mom. He also told her about his mom's condition and why they decided to have her go back to her country for medication.

He turned to his side to face her. "I'm not asking anything in return. Sorry about my confession earlier. It seems it made you feel uneasy."

She was surprised by his life, “Wow now I feel lame. Your family sounds so noble while mine is filled with junkies and whores.” She laughed a little and shifted laying her head on his stomach where the pillow was. She also looked up at the sky feeling calm, “Don’t be sorry. I am just a very emotional repressed person I guess. Truth is though I like being around you. Despite how easy going I seem I am so high stung some days I feel like I might snap but you are so strong and determined. You have the confidence to take what you want and I think that’s appealing in a man.” She grinned at her own reveal, “And you could make a super hot goth but I think I like you the way I got you. The contrast between us makes us seem even more unreal. Chad is going to be so pist though.”

"Chad? Don't worry about him. We are all entitled to choose what we want right?" His hand is playing with her hair again. The feeling of being this close to her is undescribable. It's almost dreamy. "I like the way you are too. That what makes you, you." Her compliments melted him. He was thankful that he saw those things in him. He wants to show her more. They'll take it nice and slow. The journey has only started.

"Tell me, what would you do if I did kiss you earlier when the power got cut off? You know, at the bathroom." She couldn't see it but he is trying to supress a giggle. It's going to be a long sleepless night.

Her breath started growing shallow when she thought about what had happened between them earlier, “I think I might have passed out to be honest. And I mean Scarlet O’Hara style. I wanted you to though. I think that was the scariest moment for me is knowing that if you were to kiss me then and there that generator would have never gotten turned on.” She turned over onto her side to she could look up at him.
She sat up half of the way and leaned closer to him, “Have you kissed a lot of girls? Or you know other stuff?” She wanted honesty so she prepped herself for the worst.

"I did have my 'seven minutes in heaven moments' I was never in a serious relationship really. Most of the girls I dated where the 'I think you're cute so I'll date you till I find someone better' types. I never felt any attachment with them really, it was just a fun experience. I was naive. I did realized that I'm just wasting my time and that's when I decided that I'll just focus with my own life." He tilted his head and gave her a deep look. "What other stuff?" He tried waiting for an answer but he can't. He laughed actually. Enough of scaring her tonight. "Someone has seen me naked, in bed." The back of his index finger gently caressing her cheek "That's it. I guess. We're responsible, it was done safely. Both first timers back then too." He paused and looked at her. "I don't wanna scare you, I'm just being honest." He needs her trust. For every question she asks, he gives her the truth.

Her face turned red when he said the word ‘naked’ but she did the best she could not to seem like a two year old. She looked down at his face for a while before she said anything and then she responded, “Well I guess that’s a good thing. I mean someday when I do finally get to that point I kind of hope the other person had a little experience or we will both be fumbling idiots.”

Eve lay down again with her head on the pillow on his stomach but remained on her side looking up at him as best she could, “I’m sorry about your family stuff.” Eve grabbed his arm pulling it across her just under her bust and twined her fingers with his. She was content like this with him and for a while she just stayed silent until she remembered about homecoming week that was a short month away, “So are you going to play in the powder puff game during homecoming week? I thought about doing it but I think my team might lose if I am on it and have to see the boys in cheerleader outfits.” She laughed at the idea but the part she found most funny, “It is going to be so great to have a legitimate reason to tell Chad no about going to the homecoming dance with him this year. I can simply say ‘Sorry My boyfriend would not like that.’ “ She laughed harder for a minute before her giggles faded and her eyes were turning to his hand that she was now measuring her own hand against. She then traced the lines on his palm gently with her pointer finger examining them as if she were some phony fortune teller.

"Fumbling idiots." He supressed a laugh. He imagined something about the topic and it looked funny. He better not share this with Eve. Well, for now." As for the powderpuff games, he told her that they haven't discussed it yet. One he can assure is that as athletic he was, can't lock in to a beat. Chad on the other hand would be pretty much devastated. He smiled and looked down on her, stroking her hair and putting them on the side. "I just hope that Chad is not a brat that would throw a fit every now and then." She probably couldn't hear him because of her non-stop laughing. He just stared at her with fascination before he finally lost it and laughed uncontrollably himself.

He like it when her fingers started tracing lines on his palm. It felt good. Soothing. He adjusted himself, got rid of the pillow, and pulled her gently so that her head would be resting on his chest now. He tilted his head and gave her a kiss to her forehead. "How does it feel to be the boyfriend of the town's hottest rookie?" He laughed after saying those words because of his stereotypical hollywood interviewer way of delivering it. He grabbed his phone and using it as a fake mic, pointed it infront of Eve's lips.

She quirked a brow taking his phone from him, “I have no comment at this time.” She smiled and typed herself into his contacts before handing the phone over to him. She reached for her blanket and curved against his side shutting her eyes. Before too long her breath began to even out and sleep took her over.
The sunrise came and went and when she woke it was to the sound of her dad’s voice, “Who the hell are you and what did you do to my little girl?” Her dad was leaning over Brian with his shot gun at point blank range. Eve jumped up and started screaming at her dad.
“Have you lost your mind you old goat? He didn’t do anything to me! Put the damn gun down!”
Her dad glared at him still and put the gun down, “It isn’t loaded but just know that if you touch her so help me god I have got an Armageddon sized armory and I will shoot to kill.”
“DAD!” He walked away grumbling about that boy with his daughters lip stick all over his lips. Eve sat up and began apologizing, “Sorry he had never done that before! I think he has gone crazy!”

"If I was a girl and my dad saw me in this same exact situation, I guess he will go ballistic too." He shyly smiled as he got up. He told Eve to hold on to his clothes. It's not a good idea to get changed. Her dad might have a very different perception if he goes in and does that. All prepped up on his costume like attire, he went down the trampoline and said as her dad walks away. "I'm sorry for what happened sir. I did nothing to your daughter. I totally respect her so please don't think otherwise. I'll be leaving now. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience." He faced Eve and told her to talk to her dad. Explain to him what really happened and that if she's comfortable with it, tell him what they "really" are. He looked over her shoulders, when he was sure that her dad was not about to turn around, he gave her a quick kiss on the lips. He went into his bike and he mouthed the words "I'll text you" with matching hand gesture.

Eve smiled and then went into her house to face her dad. He had apparently rushed home to make sure she was ok because a concerned family friend had not seen her in church and was worried. Eve Explained to her dad over breakfast and was sure to inform him of everything that had been eve so much as talked about with them.
Unlike most dads knowing she had already had the sex talk, or the anti sex talk in her case, with her boyfriend was relieving but her dad demanded that the following Saturday Brian be in attendance for interrogation that her father put under the guise of dinner. He inquired about her choice in boyfriend’s ethnicity and she punched him in the arm. Her dad laughed at his obviously not meant comments.
On Monday she waited just outside of her fence in the helmet and leather jacket her dad had gotten her with the knowledge she would be on Brian’s motor cycle. Today Eve was in a tight pair of black flair jeans and orange spaghetti strap under her leather jacket with her sneakers on. She was going to sign up for power puff that day and in case she had to do anything try out wise she was prepared.

The weekend was great. Even tho she was away from him physically, he kept in touch thanks in part to one of mankind's greatest invention, the phone. The pay from his part-time weekend job working as an attendant at the local gym and the cash that his mom sends him once a month seems to be suffient enough for him to finally upgrade his phone from prepaid to plan. He sees the need for it, anytime soon, it's use would be more of a necessity.

Monday arrived and he was anxious to meet her again. He was all ready. Wearing black jeans, a band logo shirt, and his favorite hat, a hoodie with a sports drink logo completed the look. He wore his helmet and revved the engine to life.

Eve shifted her weight as she waited and once he arrived she showed no hesitation about getting onto the bike sporting her new riding gear. She was nervous about school and she was even more nervous about how to act with a boyfriend at school. Did it just go on as normal? Would he hold her hand? She knew Chad was going to have a fit when he found out but thankfully they were the only ones who knew it was official. She had packed three lunches knowing her other routines were going to stay the same and she was as ready as she was going to get for the day ahead.

"New look I must say." He flipped the visor of his helmet and gave her a flying kiss. "So are you ready for the big day?" He laughed at the thought. Nobody really know that they were official. Not that it matters really. He was not the "showy" type in public. He's cool walking around with a girl but he never made it a rule to hold hands or kiss in public. He will see if their aura will make people think twice. They cruised down the streets. His focused and calm riding style was on play, hoping to make her feel safe and comfy as he always did.

She held onto his waist again blushing when the thin denim and their new status adding a new intimacy to her body touching him. She was almost glad when they pulled into school and she got off the bike. Her face was red as could be when she took the helmet off. Trying to act normal she walked beside him until they were standing again with the group that shared their lunch table and had been there that weekend for their bouts of romance.
The look she was sporting was not very popular but she explained it was not the kind of day that she was going to mess up her good clothes. The day itself seemed to go as normal and when lunch same she still offered the lunch to the boy who kissed her cheek and he still kissed her cheek like normal.

Back
Top Bottom