Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

First Day (DeadRoseGarden and King_Bakal)

Beautiful. Everything was beautiful. The stars that slowly became visible, the gentle purr of the wind, and the girl riding with him. He likes the bike for two reasons. First, it reminds him of his dad who is an avid rider. The bike he has now is actually his father's own. Second, the feeling of independence and freedom. A third reason has been added on his list. The feeling of being with someone who is important to you, holding on to you as you ride towards the infinity is a blissful feeling.

He felt her losing her grip. This alerted Brian but he didn't panic. Maybe it's a signal that she needs something? Maybe they have travelled farther than she expected. He slowed down and pulled over on a side road. He took off his helmet and looked back at her. He asked her is anything wrong? He then realized that unlike him, she doesn't live alone.

Eve lifted the helmet off of her own head a smile bright on her face, “Well I should get home but the stars are just so beautiful.” She breathed in the fresh air and almost wanted to just stay here for a little while but she knew that her dad would start to worry. As if on cue her cell phone started ringing. She reached into her bag that was securely across her from one shoulder to the other hip.
“Hey dad. I know I should have called but I am on my way home now. I went out after school and lost track of time. Yes sir. I promise I will call next time.” She paused a moment listening then responded, “Pizza is just fine by me dad thanks. I love you too. Be home soon.” She made a face at Brian, “I better get there in 30 minutes of less if I ever want to eat pizza tonight.” She laughed at her joke and replaced the helmet.

The night is perfect. Same as her, he just wanted to stay out there, under the blanket of the stars. But, then again, this is not a fairy tale. Kids in the real world have cellphones and often times their parents call them.

Brian laughed at the "Pizza Joke". "Alright miss Eve. Hold on tight and we're off to the stars." He paused for a moment just looking at her. He then followed it up with "Errr.. I mean to your house." After asking her if she's all comfy to ride again, they headed off towards her place.

The now dark road is a little more chilly. The constellations above served as a back drop to this memorable moment. If only time could stand still. He wants to spend more time with her. More than he could ever ask for.

The two safely arrived home. Same ole' "goodbyes" same ole' "See you tomorrow". It's only been a few minutes but he misses her already. It's gonna be a long night it seems. It struck him that he forgot to ask for her number again. He wanted to send her a message but it's too late. He just needs to wait for the next time.

The days went on. He seems to develop better chemistry with her as the days went by. Friday came and if there is one thing that he learned on his first week back at school, it was that he is in love with Eve.

Saturday is the big day. That's Eve's party. He arrived at the place. With every step, his heart beat accelerates. As he stood there in front of the door, he took a deep breath before knocking on the door.

The boy who used to sit next to Eve answered the door quickly and ushered him in, “Right so we all know you are all coo coo for Evie puffs so you better get your but up the stairs right now and follow my directions to a fault because we all want her to get a freaking date. I mean all these years and nothing. It is kind of pathetic.” The guy was obviously gay and it was also clear as he was forced up the steps into the guest bedroom, “I am good at eyeballing sizes so put this stuff on. Got it? Call me in when you are done and I will get you finished and ready for Eve to see.”

He waited outside the door impatiently waiting for Brian to get into the black button down, black carpenter jeans, and the army boots that were laid out brand new and ready to be worn. Once the task was done the guy entered again with Eve's best female friend for reinforcements. After forcing eye linger and black lipstick on him so that he looked like all of her other friends he was comanded to decend the steps where Faith was brining drinks to the small group she called a party. They had planned on watching a horror movie and pigging out unlike the mostly routy parties other people had.

"This is just ridiculous." Said Brian to himself. "This is really not my style." It's obvious that he is frustrated. Then again, the things that you do for love sometimes are off the charts. Besides, he already said before that he wants and he is willing to take responsibilities. Never on his wildest dreams he thought that he'll end up like this. "So much for the attire I wore tonight. Oh well." He admitted to himself that he looked like a confused dork in front of Eve's friend earlier. He just wishes that with some concentration and a lot of luck, he can still push through without like looking like one in front of Eve.

As instructed, he descended the steps. He was hesitant at first but went through it. He wanted this, he'll take it full on.

Eve was laughing at something that was said and when she turned to see Brian she literally did not recognize him. She creased her brows and looked at her female best friend, “Jayme is that your boyfriend or something? No way is he gay.” Eve laughed and extended her hand to who she thought was a stranger for a long moment. Everyone waited with baited breath for the moment that Eve realized it was Brian.

When she did her eyes widened and she audibly gasped. She looked him over and grabbed his hand with urgency dragging him to the door outside of her bedroom. When she came back out she had make up remover in hand and was again pulling him but this time to the guest bathroom in the hall at the top of the steps. She flicked on the light revealing the ocean sceen themes bathroom that her father was so proud of and demanded he sit on the toilet lid.

Shaking her head she grabbed cotton balls and started with his eyes getting as much of the eye liner as she could. Once that was done she paused before grabbing another cottom ball and stalled again before touching his lips, “I am so sorry about this Brian I have no idea what they were thinking.” She dabbed his lips gently at first but then swiped more until the lipstick was gone, “The only lipstick that should ever be on your lips is mine.” She swiped the lips again with a clean wash cloth to remove the taste of the make up remover. That was how long it took her to realize how that must have sounded, “I don’t mean like from my lips or something like that..” She sounded nervous and her cheeks were turning a dark red, “But I mean if they do this to you again or if for some strange reason you want lipstick you should use the kind I use, Jayme’s lipstick is cheap is all I am trying to say.” Her heart was pounding and she turned her back to him to wash her hands and dry them.

“Um you are all set.” She bit her bottom lip again this time they were painted a deep black that looked good with the rest of her purple make up and purple corset top dress that ended at her mid thigh where her garter straps were showing where they attached to her thigh high stockings. Again her combat boots completed the look and her hair had purple that replaced the fading pink strands. She did not look at him and waited for him to say something or leave the room giving her a cue of what she should do herself.

After she was done with the make up removal process, Brian managed to gather his thoughts and speak. "You didn't have to. I mean, I'll be honest, I didn't know that the party has a theme but it's ok. You shouldn't feel bad about what happened. Don't be mad at them. They are just having fun. That's all. They actually want you to be happy." He paused for a few seconds. "That's why I ended up in these, ummmm, attire."
Brian remained quiet. He is, in a way, a state of shock. He did not expect that kind of reaction from Eve. During that moment when she dragged him, cleaned him, and spoke to him, he felt her capabilities to care for a person. In all honesty, he doesn't want to get the wrong impression but he felt it. She cared for him to some extent. He wants to reciprocate it. If that's not possible yet, even a chance or a way to make it known to her that he felt it would be sufficient.

Nervously, Brian stood up. He obviously doesn't want her to leave yet. He wants to say more things to her but he just can't. With trembling hands, he gently grabbed her shoulders and motioned her to turn around. He looked at her and said "Don't worry about my lips. From now on, the only one who can touch them is yours." He smiled at her. "Your lipstick that is." He waited for that cheerful smile that left her face.

Eve turned again to face him when he stood and when he grabbed her shoulders her body became rigid and her breath shallow. She was almost sure that she was going to faint right there. The crystal clarity of her blue eyes focused on the center of his chest for a long moment before she trusted herself to glance up. Her mother had known this day would come when Eve would pray for a boy to kiss her. She had spent her whole life avoiding these situations but this time it was like her subconscious knew exactly what it was getting into. She was suddenly embarrassed to be her age and having never been kissed before, she was sure he had been and for some reason that made her glad. She was glad that at least one of them would know what they were doing.
She paused again mentally and tried to remember when her thoughts were turned to kissing him. Her friends knew just what to do to trap her. They never put the make up on him to make him more attractive to her but because they knew just how their Eve would react. She said nothing but waited to see what he was going to do her eyes still focused at the center of his chest.

"Did I blew it? Was she dissapointed with my words?" Random thoughts once again bombarded his mind. He is infront of the person he loves and she is not looking at him. He doesn't want to ruin this moment. He can't make a wrong move. As if possessed by somebody else, he instinctively moved his hands on her cheeks and slowly made her look at him. Never in his wildest dreams did he thought that he could touch her like this. "Did I say something wrong? Eve?" He could sense her blood pumping, he could feel her breathing. "Eve?" He dipped forward "Eve..." Before he realized it, he just got himself a one way ticket to the point of no return.

"Is she testing me or does she want it too?" The thought lingered. His body on the other hand didn't stop from moving, inching closer to it's destination.

She held her breath as her face lifted to look up at him and she literally could not talk. She leaned up more onto her tip toes and as her body took control her eyes started to close every thought of her promise to her mother was gone and so was the tacky decore her father had loved so much but a pounding grabbed her attention despite her strong desire for it to go away.
Jayme’s voice was outside the bathroom demanding attention, “ Let’s go guys! We want to watch this movie before day light or we won’t get to watch Eve and Dan freak out!” The voice brought her back and she opened her eyes wondering what he would do. Would he continue or heed the calling of Jayme.

There is no turning back. This is it. He now believes that this moment is for them and that this was destined to happen. Everything was in slow motion. It's as if a force field of some sorts had engulfed them and shielded them away from the outside world. He slowly felt his eyelids becoming heavier and heavier. It is true that he had kissed someone before but the intense feeling is not present. The magnitude of what he is feeling now is out of this world. He knows, she's feeling the same way too.

He slowly felt her aura shift. Her eyes are now wide opened. Is she backing out? No, it can't be. There is no resistance at all. He could still feel her body close to his, not moving an inch. Jayme's voice suddenly crashed into him like a crescendo.

He knows that it is a one way ticket. It is the truth.

All of a sudden, the power went out. Screams where heard. What a dissapointing moment for the party.

He held her close. He wants to make her feel safe in the dark. He is there for her. He will not leave her alone. No need for them to scream. They cannot anymore.

It's a one way ticket and that's the truth.

Eve was never afraid of the dark but was simply always efficient in times like this, “I um should turn the generator on I think or light candles or something.” She withdrew and she swore her dead mother was reaching out of the grave to stop her daughter from falling into the downward spiral of men. Faith hunted behind her on the counter for the long lighter kept there for the candles.
She excused herself with the lighter and used the flame at the end to find the cabinet where the upstairs flashlight was held. She grabbed the light and lead the way down the steps for Jayme and Brian. Once down she informed them to stay put while she went around back and turned on the generator. She hoped Brian would come but after leaving the situation like she did. Once out back she found the generator and examined it with the flashlight trying to figure it out.

Brian could not relax. Every single thing that happened leading to this event seemed like a big blur on his head. His mind is trying to involuntarily analyze everything. He can not take it anymore. The complaints and whinings of the other guests didn't do anything to set his mind at ease. He just wants to be with her right now. He needs to see if she is alright.

"Excuse me guys, as far as I know, It doesn't take this long to turn on a generator." Brian stood up, used his cellphone's backlight as a source of light, and went upstairs to where the generator should be. He saw her trying to figure out how to turn on the generator. "Eve, it's me." Brian said. "Let me help you with that." He slowly inched forward through the darkness. Slowly, he kneeled beside her to help her out.

He felt his blood freeze when his cheek brushed to hers. Instinctively, he would jumped away but not on this time. Her skin felt so warm and calming.

When his cheek brushed hers she didn’t seem to react instead she was totally focused on getting the power going, “Sorry my dad normally does this but since he is away this weekend it has been a little hectic. He told me that we might have a power outage this weekend with how bad the wings have been.” As if she had called it a huge gust blew forcing her closer to him. Still only in her dress she felt the cold like a knife, “Ugh! Ok I think I have to lift this and pull this.” She did as the directions on the outside of the generator said but nothing happened at first and then when it did the house lit back up. She knew she had to turn off most of the lights and just use candles but at least they could watch the TV and their movie.”
She stood and tugged the bottom of her dress down a little to make sure that it was not any more revealing than it already was. Eve Lead the way back into the house with the flash light and she figured Brian was right behind her but she was too nervous to mention their almost kiss that happened in the bathroom. Faith had the lighter in her other hand and upon entering the back sliding glass door she began lighting the candles that she had laying out just in case. She flicked off all the lights and turned to Brian, “Hey can you give me a hand with the grabbing the snacks?” The island counter in the kitchen was covered with bowls of chips, a tray of chocolate covered strawberries, and two large pizzas. She started by setting the chips on end tables in the living room then went back for more soda to put in the cooler she had set up in the living room in front of the large bay window.

Brian assisted Eve in gathering all the stuff. The candle lit house in a way added some soft of a different atmosphere. Everything seems to be calm and beautiful. In a way, it made him feel more relaxed and at ease. Should he mention that moment earlier when they almost kissed? He wonders how she will react to it. He is afraid and yet he wants it to happen. He wants to make her feel how special she is, how much loved she is. He also wonders how a kiss from someone like her, someone who he actually felt "love" feels.

After he was done with the sodas, he stood there by the large window.

"Eve, look at this." He pointed outside the window. "This is just the same as when we were out there on the country roads. Look at how bright those stars are." His hands gently held hers and he pulled her closer.

Her face turned red as he grasped her hand and her friends made an ooo sound like someone touching Eve so blatantly was unfathomable. They seemed to think it was all their doing but when Eve withdrew nervously they saw that it was perhaps happening before they stepped in. She moved to the TV to start the movie not thinking of how her actions might be perceived as slightly cold to Brian. The truth was she was horrified of what was happening. It had been less than a week since he bumped into her and she was afraid of things moving too fast.

But the thought of someone grabbing her hand without asking, almost kissing her without asking, and all the other things he had done without words made her feel light headed and almost like the women in all the old movies she loved so much. She set the DVD up to play and she took a seat on the floor next to Jayme’s legs that were dangling from the sofa. Eve grabbed the bowl of plain chips and watched as the exorcism of Emily rose started. She was horrified by this movie but she promised she would watch it with them and now Brian was going to see her act like a wimp! She stretched her legs out infront of her with her ankles crossed (for her modesty’s sake) dreading when the scary stuff would start.

He was kind of shocked when she pulled away. He then realized that everything was just too fast. Six days is just too fast. Then again, when did time mattered? Then again, it's all about Eve and not him. Maybe he made a wrong move. Maybe he was just too aggressive. He looked down as Eve went infront of the TV.

He reflected on the events that just happened and he never recalled himself being like this. He was always in control in everything that he does. Whether it's football, dating, or riding, he's always in control. But not this time. For some reason, he could feel some sort of a leash strapped on him. Eve got him. She got him so bad that it's beyond his control. All he could do now is just hope for the best and wish that everything from this day on would go smoothly.

After all that happened, he could feel that he is still her friend. There is really nothing between them. Would he take his chances again?

Brian sat on the floor besides Eve with a good 10 inches between them. Better keep his distance.

While everyone was paying attention to the TV Eve closed the distance between them to about five inches and offered him a chip from the bowl. She knew when he set the distance between them her actions had dented his ego and that was the last thing she wanted. When the first scary part she left the bowl on her legs and buried her face into his arm. She hated scary moves for scaring her most of the time but this time she was glad it did.

Once the sceen was over she was able to look back at the TV but she could not help but glance quickly at Brian’s face to see what his reaction was.

A smile of appreciation slowly appeared on Brian's face when Eve offered him some chips. He looked down at the bowl and into those small hands of hers which were in his just a few minutes ago. He's glad that atleast, everything was ok. Her actions where totally understandable. Besides, he is the one who said that he wants to protect her. He just realized that at this point, Eve is just protecting herself.

He felt her bury her face into his arm. He tilted his face a little, just to take a quick glance at her. He is a fan of scary movies but this time, he just can't focus on the movie infront of him. He noticed that she was about to take a glance. Too late. Even with his football reflexes, he didn't managed to look away.

The moment of eye contact made her face turn right red and again she felt herself leaning into him like she had been earlier when they were alone, and like earlier Jayme broke the moment. “Eve leave the room! You are so gonna freak out go go now!” Eve jumped to her feet after handing to bowl up to Jayme and she ran for the kitchen just in time to miss the main character started to see the demonic faces. Even if it was not the most frightening part Eve was still sure that part was the one that had given her night mares the last time she had watched it.
She took that time to grab the plates for the pizza and wait for the all is clear call from the other room. In the mean time Jayme nudged Brian in the side with her socked foot, “Boy if you do not get out there and kiss that girl I am going to kick your ass on Monday!” She made sure that no one but him heard her and it was clear that she got Eve out of the room like that for a reason.

Even before Jayme nudged him, Brian already knew that it was a "chance" He looked at Jayme, he wanted to say that he doesn't want to. He totally admits that he wants to kiss her but he is torn between the urge and the horrible thought of giving Eve a bad impression. "This is worst than a field goal with 3 seconds remaining on a tied game." He said to himself as he slowly walked into the candle lit kitchen.

He said he was already brave enough. He said that he was confident enough. It seems that when cornered like this, he is still afraid. She has already evaded his advances for a couple of times in the last hour. He doesn't want to be struck out.

He is now just a few steps away from her. His heart beating fast, his breathing shallow. "Eve?" He said as his voice echoed across the dark room. "Let me help you with that" He said as he gently grabbed her hands. "And about earlier, I'm sorry for" The unexpected happened and the plates dropped from Eve's grip. Lucky for him, they where paper plates and didn't made any noise. He bent over to pick them up. The next thing he knew, on his way up, his face was infront of hers. His nose hovering an inch away from hers. "I'm sorry for almost kissing you." He said as he tilted his head. He froze as he waited for her reaction but his control failed him. With some last second adjustment, his lips brushed into the right side of her lips. "I... I'm sorry, I didn't kissed you" He closed his eyes and gave her a kiss.

Eve’s eyes widened and her body got rigid but after a few seconds she let herself kiss him back timidly. Eve folded her hands together on her rushing heart and she stepped closer to him so that she could step onto her tiptoes pressing her lips a little harder to his before breaking away. She could hardly breathe when she stood flat on her feet.
She nervously tucked her hair behind her ear, “Um..was that ok?” She bit her bottom lip looking down at her feet again. She was embarrassed by her ignorance in this sort of thing but she explained her fear freely expressing the fact that she had never been kissed, “That was a first for me. I mean I guess you could tell but I can get better I am sure of that.” Jayme was giving the all clear but Eve stood still waiting for Brian to say something.

The moment he felt her answer his kiss was something he would remember for the rest of his life. It was a blissful moment for him. He wished that it's the same case for her. He slowly opened his eyes after it was over and he look straight into her eyes. "Hush. It doesn't matter if you're good at it or not. The only important thing is that..." He inched forward and placed the paper plates on the nearby table. "It's you Eve..." He held her into his arms. His hands sliding up to cup her cheeks. "Thank you, for trusting me..." He gave her a quick peck on the lips. "For not being afraid." He then tilted his head to give her a lingering kiss. His right thumb caressing her cheeks.

He didn't realized that Jayme was already calling them. He couldn't hear anything. At that moment, it was only him and her.

After the last kiss she stepped away trying to regain some controle over her currently absent breath, “You are so wrong. I am afraid. I have never been so afraid in my whole life.” She grabed the plates and walked into the other room where the movie was paused and waiting for them. She took her place on the floor again unsure what exactly the meaning of what happened was going to be. Was it just a kiss was she his now? She knew that when he came in they would all know about the kiss by the lipstick it left behind on his lips. Her hands were shaking as she handed the plates over to them and took the chip bowl back.

Brian was stunned by her statement. He thought that everything has fallen into the right places. "Was it wrong?" He said to himself. He gathered his thoughts. He wanted to say sorry but he was too late. She was already back in the livingroom. He tried to follow but in his confused state, it's not a good idea. He stood there for a few moments just staring at the melting candle stick. He tried to clear his mind and think about the next course of action. He went to the kitchen sink and rinsed his face with warm water. This helped him ease up a bit. He closed his eyes. He knows that they are probably enjoying the movie so nobody would really notice that he has not come back yet. He blew the flame out of the candle and stood there infront of the window. With total darkness, the stars became brighter. He could see his favorite constellations. This reminded him of the time he spent on the beach where he will just lay down there and let the stars calm his mind.

He thought she wanted it whole heartedly. He could swear that when they kiss, there was no resistance, the feeling was mutual. Then again, he is just a human being. He could misinterpret things. He could make mistakes.

Little did he know that Jayme was already asking Eve if something happened. It's been 15 minutes now and he's nowhere near the tv yet.

Back
Top Bottom