Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Revolutionary Romance (Wolvenrogue and myself)

Robert got up and went to the kitchen. Cornelia was cooking , but he could tell she was not herself. He walked over to her and just hugged her from behind. What's the matter honey, he asked her fairly certain he knew the answer. She looked tired,he was pretty sure she haddn't slept well. He felt bad tha she had probably worried all night about talking to he mom. He hoped and prayed it would go as well as his talk with his father-in-law had. As if on cue, Cornelia's dad walked in. "Good morning sir" Robert said. How did it go with mother? Her dad looked at him, and gave a weak smile, "as well as could be expected. She doesn't hold it against you, but it brought back a lot of pain over our son. She still hasn't healed from that and may never heal. Just give her some space, let her come to you." Her Dad approached Cornelia and hugged her. "you and your mom need to talk", he said. "Not being truthful with her hurt her you know. She still loves you and always will, that my dear is why she hurts so much right now. She is ready to forgive, dear, she wants to."

She heard footsteps behind her and felt arms wrap around her. "Good Morning love." she said and smiled weakly. She hugged him and kissed him deeply. She broke the kiss as her father walked in and she smiled. "Morning papa." she said and began to set the table. She listened to him and nodded. "I was planning on talking to her today." she said and sighed. "But you understand why I had to, right? I couldn't lose him. Not again." she looked at her father and he nodded solemnly. He gave her a hug and sighed. "Cornelia I understand, but it still hurt your mother. Just talk to her, let her know what was going on in that pretty little head of yours." Cornelia smiled and nodded before turning to put food on the plates. "I hope you enjoy." she said and smiled.

Robert was relieved to see her smile. He ate his breakfast and got up from the table. "You are a marvelous cook" he said. He kissed her lovingly and headed out to the barn to ready the carriage for their ride to work. He father met him at the carriage. "Why don't you drive son, I think I'll take a quick nap, I had a short hnight last night. "Certainly sir!" Robert said. "You may call me Father or Dad or Richard, but stop calling me Sir. You're not in the army now." her father said. "Thanks Dad" he replied.

She nodded and smiled. She kissed him goodbye and watched them leave. She waved before making her way back to her room. Her mother wouldn't be up for a while so she decided to get a little nap. She soon fell asleep and slept soundly for about 3 hours. When she woke up she met her mother in the kitchen and smiled weakly. "Morning mama." she said. Her mother turned to her. "Morning Cornelia." she said. Cornelia sighed and sat at the table. "Mama, you know I meant no harm to you. I know I should have told you but I was terrified you and papa would have banned me from seeing him because of his past and I loved him so much." Her mother smiled and nodded. "I know darling, it just hurts that you hid it from me. I could see how much you care for him, I would have never turned that away." Cornelia hugged her mother and sighed. "I just thought because of Leo you'd feel differently." After a few more minutes of talking with her mother things were pretty much back to normal.

Robert worked hard all day cutting stone, it felt good to be doing constructive work instead of killing and destroying things. He was cutting the foundation stones for a church, each with filigree corners. The work was hard but the results beautiful, and they would last a century or more.when it was time to go home Richard walked in the shop to tell him he was there. "Hi Dad he said cheerfully." Richard's jaw dropped, he had no idea of the artistry that Robert possessed. "that's magnificent" he said. "Thanks Dad, guess its time to go home". He washed his hands and walked with Richard to the buggy. They got in together and Richard handed Robert the reigns. They started the long trip home. "Cornelia and I need to be married soon" he said. "I know, I can see, you know" Richard replied.

Cornelia started her house work after her talk with her mother and started on dinner so it would be ready when the two men came home. She had her hair up in a loose updo and tendrils curling around her face as she worked. She sighed and began to season the meat for their dinner. She looked outside the window at the road every couple minutes excited to see Robert. She let the food cook and began to set the table as he mother hung laundry outside to dry. Cornelia finished setting the table and went outside to help her mother. "Again mama, I'm sorry." Virginia smiled and shook her head. "No worries darling, I can understand. But please, don't keep secrets from me." Cornelia smiled and nodded, kissing her mother on the cheek. "I promise mama." she said.

They pulled into the yard just in timeto see the two women hanging laundry. The got out of the buggy, and both men walked over and kissed and hugged their mate. Robert walked Cornelia over to the buggy so they could talk while he unhitched the horse, and put it in its stall for the night. " I talked to Dad about the wedding", Robert said. " I told him we wanted it soon. He agreed it was a good idea. When do you think we should have it?" He asked. " I can barely wait, but I know there are preparaions that must be made. Unless...... you just want to elope?"

Cornelia's face lit up when she saw Robert. "Hello love." she said and kissed him softly. "How was work?" she followed him to the carriage and leaned against the cart as he unhitched the horse. "Our wedding doesn't have to be big darling. I just want my parents there. And if we can do that with out all the fuss I say we do it that way. To be honest I can't wait to be able to sleep wrapped in your arms." she said and smiled at him. "But I will honor what ever you think is best." she said and held his hand.

"That's a special day for a woman and her mother. Why dont you and your mother make some plans but lets get married in two weeks. Do you think we can hold out that long?" he said laughing. He sat her up on the buggy and stepping between her thighs held her close and kissed her passionately until he heard her mother cough loudly behind him. He backed away and set her back on the ground, both of them blushing furiously. 'We have cooking to do young lady!" her mother said "save that for the porch swing later" she said with an audible snicker.

Cornelia nodded and smiled. "Yeah, we can hold out for another two weeks." she said. When he pulled her onto the buggy she smiled, leaning into the his, wrapping her arms around his neck. She loved the feel of being close to him. She couldn't imagine her life without him. She broke the kiss when her mother coughed. "Well, I thought I could wait." she whispered softly, as a blush spread across her face. She nodded and turned to her mother. "Dinner's already cooking mama. It's almost done." she said and smiled. "No worries there." Her mother smiled and shook her head. "Oh alright, well still plenty of time for that later." she said and smiled.

Robert kissed her and wrapped his arm around her and they walked back up to the house. He let her go to the kitchen and went to the bathroom to wash up. He stripped off his shirt and was washing up. He accidently left the door ajar, and as he was washing her mother walked in. She covered her mouth and gasped at the sight of his rippling muscles and toned body. She backed out of the room and closed the door. She was still blushing bright pink when she came to the kitchen, and picked up a tin plate using it to fan herself. "Oh my goodness she said".

She walked with him to the house and went back into the kitchen to finish cooking the potatoes. She was wrapped up in her cooking and looked up curiously when her mother came in and started to fan herself with a plate. "What is wrong mama?" she said and laughed. "That man who you are going to marry is quite... attractive." she said not wanting to be brash. Cornelia laughed and shook her head. "Why were you looking?" she teased. At that her mother's face blushed a deeper pink. "I didn't mean to." she said. Cornelia smiled and placed the food on the kitchen table. "I was just playing mother, I know he's attractive, I've seen quite a lot when I was taking care of him when he was injured." she said.

Robert came into the kitchen, now fully clothed, and gave her mother a kiss on the cheek and a wink. "has Cornelia asked you about planning the wedding? He asked. He walked up behind Cornelia and wrapped his arms around her. "We would like to be married in two weeks time." He kissed Cornelia's neck, making her giggle, and hugged her. "My job is going well, and I'm sure now that I can support her." he said.

Virginia shook her head. "No Cornelia hasn't said anything about it." she said and pouted. Cornelia laughed. "Mama I was going to talk with you and papa about it over dinner. Don't get so upset." She let out a soft groan as he kissed her neck, a shiver running up her spine. She could wait until they were married, she wanted him badly. She hugged him back and started to serve the food. "Dinner's ready!" she called outside to her father. After everyone had washed up and sat down she smiled at her family. "I was thinking maybe we could have Father Maheaney in charge of the ceremony?" she asked her mother and father. Her father nodded. "I don't see why not, he's the best Catholic priest in town." Virginia smiled and nodded. "He is." she turned to Robert. "Are you Catholic son? Or are you a protestant?" she asked curiously.

"Catholic, mother" he said. "Most welch stone cutters are. Would you mind if we got married here on the farm? up at the top of the Hill?" he said " It has the most beautiful view". Robert ate hungily. "I'd like to uild a home up there. It has some wonderful stone, and not too far from the main house for when the children come. They will want to see their grand parents. I'd buy the land of course if you'd let me Dad." He smiled at the though,. especially Cornelia with a housefull of happy children.

Cornelia smiled and nodded. "A garden wedding would be quite lovely, especially now when the leaves are just starting to change." Her mother smiled and nodded. "Well that's good to hear Robert. Makes for an easier time deciding religion when the children will come." Her father smiled and nodded. "Yes, it definitely does. And son, you don't have to buy it. It will be your wedding present from me and Virginia." He said and laughed heartily. "It's the least I could do for you and my lovely daughter." Cornelia smiled at the thought of a houseful of children, it made her feel complete.

Robert pulled Cornelia close to him. "I will start on the house the day after the wedding. We should be in it by thanksgiving." He kissed her and thanked her Mom and Dad for the land. Once dinner was over and the dishes done, he walked Cornelia up the hill to where they would be married and where their hose would stand. they sat on the log and began to kiss as they watched the sun set over the valley in beautiful shades of pink and blue. That's the view out the kitchen window he said. Isn't it awesome? there would be a sheltered yard where he quarried out the stone from the hill. Just perfect for little children. He could see it all in his mind.

Cornelia smiled and held his hand. "I'm sure it will be a spectacular house darling." she said and kissed him back. Cornelia followed him up the hill after she had cleaned up. When they sat on the log she wrapped her arms around him and kissed him deeply. She smiled and nodded at his question. "It will definitely be beautiful." she said and smiled at him before looking over the view. She couldn't wait for the wedding, wait for being a mother to his children. She loved the idea of being his for the rest of her life. She kissed him again and smiled at him. "I love you Robert." she said softly.

The week sailed by Robert was working hard on the church stone work and with his bosses permission on a special project of his own. When Friday came and Richard came to pick him up, Robert had a stack of stone sitting outside the shop ready to be loaded. "help me load this will you Dad, Its a gift for Cornelia" "sure son" he said. they loaded the stone and drove home. When they got to the farm, Robert drove the buggy all the way up the hill. He unloaded the stone and assembled his project then put the wagon away. He came in the house and kissed his bride to be. Then went to wash up. Robert fidgeted all during dinner then after the dishes were done he asked Cornelia to go up the hill and watch the sunset. He walked her up the hill, and where the old log used to be stood a beautiful Marble loveseat. Carved in to the back was Robert and Cornelia Married October 5, 1780.

Cornelia spent the rest of the week cleaning and sewing her wedding gown. Her mother took care of everything else, knowing how important the dress was to Cornelia. That Friday her mother went out leaving her alone with her sewing for a couple of hours. She hummed to herself excited that her wedding day was only a few days away. She heard a carriage pulling up and looked out of her window to see her mother carrying a box. She tilted her head and wondered what was in it. Her mother came to her room and smiled. "Cornelia, I know how hard you've been working on that gown and I thought you might need something for your head." She opened the box revealing a gorgeous hair clip with dainty white flowers and a pearl necklace and dangling earrings. "Mama! Oh my god! You shouldn't have!" she said and smiled. "They're gorgeous." she hugged her mother tightly and smiled. The rest of the day flew by and she was almost completed her wedding gown by the time her father and fiancé arrived. She was curious as to why Robert hadn't come in to greet her, and why he was acting so strangely at dinner. After dinner she followed him up the hill and saw the bench, a smile spreading across her face. "Robert! Oh my god it's amazing!" she said and hugged him tightly. "Thank you so much!" she said and kissed him deeply.

They sat on the bench and watched the sunset together hugging and kissing. Robert pulled her into is lap and they sat there and kissed. Robert kissed her lips and on down her neck and on to the tops of her breasts. He took a deep breath, and raised his head. With four days until their wedding he didn't want to spoil things. We had better go he said laughing weekly. It was a good thing their wedding was coming soon. Temptation was getting harder to resist.

Robert had one more errand to run that Monday. He ran to the jewelers. He picked up the three silver rings he had ordered. one with a small chip of diamond. He couldn't afford much. But at least he had rings for the wedding.

She smiled and kissed him back, her hands wandering along his body. She gasped slightly as his lips traveled down her neck and to the tops of her breasts. She closed her eyes and tangled her fingers in his hair. When he pulled back she groaned slightly, knowing they couldn't do anything yet but wishing they could. She smiled weakly and kissed him one last time. "Yeah, let's go." she said and stood up, making her way down the hill.

The day before the wedding she was busy sewing not having much time for anything else. Her mother understood and quite graciously took care of the chores and cooking. Cornelia locked herself in her room, hands moving quickly over the fabric, sewing as carefully as she could. By the time dinner was done she was finished save for hemming the gown. She'd do that after dinner. She stood up and admired her dress. It was gorgeous, and with the accessories her mother got her she'd be stunning. She walked into the kitchen and smiled at Robert. "Sorry i haven't been able to be with you much lately love. I need to get my gown done." she said.

Robert smiled and gave her a quick kiss. “I know my dear, tomorrow is a big day.” As she started to run back to the bedroom., he caught her hand and pulled her back. He kissed her warmly, and said”I have something for you” He reached in his pocket and took out the silver ring with the diamond chip. He took fer tiny hand in his and slipped the ring on her finger. “I'm sorry you didn't get this sooner my love, but at least you have it before your wedding day.” they kissed again more deeply, then she showed off the ring to her mother, and ran excitedl back to her room to finish her dress. He followed her with his eyes as she disappeared to the bedroom to sew. Robert went to his room and began cleaning up. It was the larger of the two rooms, and would be where they stayed until their little stone cottage was completed on top of the hill. As he straightened the room he continued his plans for the house in his mind. She was focused on the wedding, he was focused on the days that followed.

She smiled when he caught her hand and pulled her back towards him. "Hmm?" she asked. She watched him pull something shiny out of his pocket and she smiled at it. "Oh my! It's gorgeous!" she said and kissed him deeply. "Thank you so much Robert!" she said and hugged him tightly. After they showed it off she went back into her room, closing the door, picking up her needle and thread again. She sighed and began to hem her dress. She thought about the day that was only a few hours away. She smiled and sighed happily, her life seeming to fall into place. She finished her dress within two hours and crawled into bed, too tired to say good night to anyone. She fell asleep with in 20 minutes, and slept soundly through the night.

The next morning her mother woke her up around 7:00 and helped her wash her hair, using some of the more expensive soaps and perfumes that they had. They then retired to her room where her mother did up her hair and put in the accessories. After her hair was done her mother helped her into the dress and zipped it up. Her mother's eyes watered at the sight. "Cornelia, you are stunning. Robert will be amazed." she said. After her father had said Robert was up on the hill with the Father her mother made her way up followed by Cornelia and her father. They made their way up the hill, her dress billowing slightly in the fall breeze. Cornelia smiled brightly as she saw Robert standing there in a tailored coat and slacks.

Robert watched from the hilltop as his bride made her way up the now familiar path. He saw no one else, only her. He was in awe of her. she looked like an angel, and when her father placed her hand in his, his body trembled with joy. He had waited for this day over two years. He had hoped in it, dreamed of it, and now finally it was here. As the father said the words he had heard so many times before, Robert heard himself answer I do. But what he heard most was her words...."I do" his heart pounded in his chest. They came together. He placed the ring upon her finger, and the held each other and kissed until neither could breath. They broke the kiss and Robert twirled he around him with joy.

Back
Top Bottom