Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

High School Sweethearts-It's a small world! (Wolvenrogue and Bigbootbitch)

wolvenrogue

Singularity
Supporter
Aislyn Greene and Bob West were Benton High's most well known couple. They had been in love since their Sophomore year, and everyone thought they were certain to end up married. Then Aislen was accepted at University of California and Bob at Case in Cleveland.
Distance took its toll, and Aislyn met John Chase a banking major and Bob went on to the Police Academy.

Odly enough, the both wound up in Indianapolis where John ended up the president of a small local bank, Aislyn began teaching school. Bob was hired by the IPD right out of the academy, and started work as a beat cop in the northern district where John and Aislyn lived.

Things went well for the Greenes for about a year until John's agressive personality and the pressures of difficulties at work caused him to start abusing Aislyn. He took to tying her up and forcing sex and rapidly progressed to outright beatings. Finally one night Aislyns screams attracted the attention of a neighbor, who called the Police.
Bob West got the call.

Aislyn greene had been head over heels for Bob West, she as well as everyone else was sure that they would get married. Though the day she got accepted to college, everything they had planned was changed. Years passed on by and before she knew it, she met her now husband John Chase. He was quite the suave, sophisticated and charming kind of guy. He definitely got her by his charm. Though within their first year of marriage, things changed drastically. She'd arrive a school with bruises upon her face and neck and often would give the lame excuse that she ran into the door or she fell down the porch steps.

Some people she worked with, figured it was John but they couldn't say a thing as she would just deny it. She loved him.. had loved him, but now she was just too scared to do or say anything around him. In fear that her face would get beaten in. Aislyn was young at 21, very young for being married and she wondered if she should have waited but she couldn't do anything about it. She was tall at 5'9'', her hair a dark chocolate brown and her eyes a deep ocean blue. Her skin firm and tan, she was beautiful.. at least when she wasn't covered in bruises and wincing around everyone.

Though she often wondered if anyone ever heard her screams of pain, as he threw her across the room. Held her down and beat her to a bloody pulp with his bare hands. Though John Chase was literally in the middle of one of his tirades as he heard a car door shut and he looked up. "Don't move." He snarled towards her and walked over to the living room window where he saw the cop car and he breathed in. "Did you call the cops, you stupid bitch?!" He yelled and flung his hand backhanding her across the face, splitting her lip open. She whimpered and crawled back slowly. Her tank top ripped slightly, her pants clung to her, ripped in random places. "Get in the kitchen.. Now.." He roughly pulled her up and pushed her into the kitchen, wiping his hands on his pockets, awaiting the sound of the knock on the door.

Bob didn't like Domestic Violence calls, mainly because he had such a low tolerance for men who beat women. To him they were the scum of the earth, and it took all his patience just to keep from beating them to death on the spot. Bob called for back-up just in case and taking his baton in hand went to the door. Before he got there he heard the muffled sounds of John's angry voice. He tapped on the door with his baton and waited. When no one answered, he tapped louder, and announced. This is the Indianapolis Police! open the door. A few more second went by with no answer from the house. Bob was about to kick in the door opened and John was standing there drying his hands on a hand towel.

"We have had a citizen complaint sir. They heard a woman screaming" John made a mental note to gag her next time. " who else is at home?" During this conversation Bob was looking John over carefully and noted blood droplets on John's shoes. "no one, I was just doing dishes, must have been the TV, I had it up kinda high, I'm sorry officer". "Well sir, under the circumstances I'd like to take a look for myself" Bob said as he stuck a foot in the door. John pushed him back. "That won't be necessary" John said. I told you that no one else was home! Bob rose to the full height of his 6'3" 200 lb muscular frame and said, "That is for me to decide. Now you can step aside, or the two officers who just arrived will be glad to take you to jail. He pushed John out of the way with the end of his baton to the chest, and walked in. He went to the TV and found it both off and cold. Then he started through the house room by room.

When he got to the master suite, he saw no one but heard wimpering from the closet. He opened the door and brought the woman he found there out into the light. She was badly beaten. He called on the radio to his back-up. "Arrest him! I have a female Victim approximately 21, contusions to the face." He looked into the woman's frightened eyes. "Aislynn?"

She was in the closet in their bedroom, she was on the floor with her arms around her knees as she hugged them to her chest. She prayed to god that the police officer was looking around. A few times, they had gotten some curious neighbors trying to come in and see if they could figure out what the screams were though Bob always shut the door in their faces. She could hear Johns slightly angered voice and she sighed lightly. Though just as the closet open she moved, "Oh god.. please. Im sorry! I'll be quiet.." She said and then noticed the blue attire upon the body before her. She stood up to see a cop helping her up.

"Thank god.." She said, her voice a bit coarse from her cries and screams. Though just as she heard her name she looked up, how did he know her? Her eyes met his and her face went white a bit, "B-Bob?" She stammered a bit as she asked. She swallowed and clutched onto him a bit and winced as she moved. "What.. are you doing here?" She asked, though of course she knew why he was here but.. it was bob. How was he in the same town as her, though she breathed in and looked over as she could hear scuffling down stairs and yells.

"Get off of me! I didn't do shit! She's the one who's been hitting me!" He yelled, trying to put the blame on her. Sure he was bruised here and there, but only because she was using self defense, though her eye was swollen a bit along with her lip. Should she lie, she was horrified, that if and when he got out of jail he'd come find her. Though she shook the thought for a moment and looked up to the man in front of her.

Bob got on his radio. "Take that lying SOB to jail. I'm going to take the victim to the Hospital. Unit 19 in route to indy general." He took a minute to just hold her. "Its going to be alright." I'll take you to the hospital and see you have a safe place to stay. He wrapped an arm around her and helped her out of the house and to the patrol car. He locked the house and got in. "so how long have you been married?" "I'm still single. I guess you set too high a standard for me."

Bob drove to the emergency room and helped her inside, and got her admitted. "Here is my card" he said, he turned it over and wrote his personal cell and address on the back. "I have to get back on duty, but when they are through with you here just call the number on the front and I'll be back to finish my report and take you wherever you need to go, courtesy IPD." He smiled at her and gave her hand a gentle squeeze, then walked out.

As Bob continued his patrol, he couldn't get Aislynn off his mind. He had never loved anyone else. Sure he'd had a few dates, But nothing to compare with her. Three years and find her on a call! who would have guessed it. But now she was married, TO A CREEP! the ger burned deep in his heart for John. It was good he hadn't been the one to make the arrest. There would have been extra paperwork on that one.

She smiled, thanking him as he helped her out of the house and over to his patrol car before getting into it. She leaned back, listening to John yelling at her. Just as he was put into the back she could see him kicking at the doors trying to get out. She closed her eyes and breathed in, shaking her head though she looked over to Bob's question and she shook her head slowly, "How? I loved you." She said and sighed lightly, "We had to go our separate ways.." She said lightly, her voice cracking with each word. Though she looked out of the window and then back over to him. "A year now, I just graduated a year ago and we got married only a month after wards. Our first year was great. He was so good to me.. and then these past couple of months he just lost it.. and well.." She sighed and looked over to him.

Though after a moment they reached the hospital and was admitted into it with his help. Taking his card she felt him squeeze her hand and watched him leave. She sighed and closed her eyes, she had the pang in her heart. Almost like the night she watched him walk away when they both had broke it off and she cleared her throat. Though she turned her attention to the nurse who helped her and lead her over to the nurses station to get her fixed up and get more medical attention from the doctor. About an hour and a half passed before she gave them her information for billing before she flipped the card over and she stood out in front of the hospital and ran her fingers over the number.

She pulled her phone out of her pocket and she dialed in the number before holding the phone to her ear. Once he answered her breathed in again, "H-hey.. they're done with me." she spoke softly and she looked down and over to see a bench out front to the side and she hobbled slight over to it. She sat down onto it and she hunched over a bit.

Bob was barely a block away when she called he swung the car around and headed up the street to the hospital "Unit 19 on transport duty then out for the night" his duty ended in 15 minutes, for some calls he would ask for another unit to take the call so close to shifts end, but not this one. He pulled up in front of the hospital and saw Aislynn hunched over on the bench. He stopped, got out and walked up to help her to the car." Aislynn?" he said as he approached. She looked up and he smiled despite what he saw. John had been brutal. He wanted to kill him. without a word he took her arm and helped her into the car. He got in the other side. I'm so sorry this happened, he said.

"I've got three options for you" he said, "I can take you home, to a battered women's shelter, or ..... he paused a moment... "don't take this the wrong way, to my apartment. You look like you could use a drink and a friend to share it with right now. Which will it be?" he asked. Bob really wanted the chance to talk to her again, to find out why she had left so suddenly when she did, and to try and get her away from the SOB John had become. He had seen dozens of similar cases already in his short career, and most ended badly, once someone started getting physical.

He waited patiently while she thought over her options and took her hand rubbing it gently as she did. She seemed a delicate flower tonight, one who had just been trampled on, and needed some loving TLC.

She looked up once she saw his patrol vehicle pull up and he climbed out. Once he was in front of her she heard him speak her name and she stood up slowly with his help. Thanking him, she sat down into the passenger seat and she looked to the side. She had figured that he would take her to a abused womens house though his second option surprised her a bit and she glanced over to him. She felt bad that they never had a chance once they went to college. She wasn't sure what to say though her mouth spoke before her mind could even tell it what to say.

"Can.. I stay with you?" She said and looked over to him. she felt him squeeze her hand gently and she squeezed it back softly. She was still scared, she knew he was in jail but what if he somehow managed to get out. Or a family member bailed him out? She knew either way he'd find his way to her. She nodded her head slowly, "I.. I can sleep on the couch." she said and brushed her hair to the side. She knew she'd need a shower to at least clean herself up from some of the dried blood earlier. Thankfully today he hadn't gotten to the part of beating her to a bloody pulp but he was close to it.

She sat back and she closed her eyes and she breathed in softly. "I'm so happy that you're here, Bob." she spoke softly and looked up to him.

Bigbootbitch said:
She looked up once she saw his patrol vehicle pull up and he climbed out. Once he was in front of her she heard him speak her name and she stood up slowly with his help. Thanking him, she sat down into the passenger seat and she looked to the side. She had figured that he would take her to a abused womens house though his second option surprised her a bit and she glanced over to him. She felt bad that they never had a chance once they went to college. She wasn't sure what to say though her mouth spoke before her mind could even tell it what to say.

"Can.. I stay with you?" She said and looked over to him. she felt him squeeze her hand gently and she squeezed it back softly. She was still scared, she knew he was in jail but what if he somehow managed to get out. Or a family member bailed him out? She knew either way he'd find his way to her. She nodded her head slowly, "I.. I can sleep on the couch." she said and brushed her hair to the side. She knew she'd need a shower to at least clean herself up from some of the dried blood earlier. Thankfully today he hadn't gotten to the part of beating her to a bloody pulp but he was close to it.

She sat back and she closed her eyes and she breathed in softly. "I'm so happy that you're here, Bob." she spoke softly and looked up to him.

"Of course you can, as long as you need to, and as far as the couch goes you needn't worry, I actually have a room for you. I was going to get a roommate, but decided against it about a month ago. I guess that was fate"
Bob drove to his apartment complex and parked the car. He helped her out and walked he inside and up the stairs to his apartment. He let her in and showed her the spare room. It was plain but comfortable, with a bed, dresser, and desk. He'd been hoping for a student. He took he coat and while she sat on the bed, he got her some towels, a pajama shirt of his, and a white fluffy terry cloth robe. The robe and shirt were huge but would have to do. "The bathroom is across the hall. What would you like to drink?" he asked.

While Aislynn took her shower, Bob fixed her drink and grabbed a beer for himself. He rummage through his old CD's and found one he was sure she would recognize. "Their song" was on it. He'd played it a thousand times before finally giving up hope a year ago. He put it in the player and set it playing softly. Last he lit the gas log and lowered the lights. Finally he set out a tray of sliced cheese and some strawberries. he sat down on the sofa by the fire to wait. Their song rolling through his mind.

She sat on the bed once they were inside and she looked up and over to him. She took the shirt and robe thanking him. Though she stood up, "Sure.. I'll take anything." She said and exited the room as she entered the bathroom. Taking the shirt off along with her tattered pants she climbed into the shower. Hissing as the hot water hit her cuts and scrapes, though she began to clean herself up. Noticing the water slightly red and she shook her head, that was something she saw almost every day. Though she knew that she wouldn't have to deal with the pain anymore. Though after getting her shower, climbing out she dried herself off as lightly as she could. As to not pull any of her cuts open.

Sliding the shirt over her body, hanging down just to below her thighs she pulled the robe on and she slowly walked out. She noticed he had dimmed the lights slightly and she saw the cheese and strawberries on teh table. She smiled and walked over, slowly sitting down onto the couch as she picked up the drink. "Thank you so much.." She said softly over to him before taking a sip and she set the glass down. The light was dim though she looked up and over to him, a smile upon her lips as she looked into his eyes.

"Is.. is that our song?" She asked and she closed her eyes, listening to it and she sat back. "I still listen to this song.. it was the one thing from you that John didn't destroy." She spoke and she looked over to him again, her fingers tapping against the side of the glass.

"Yes", Bob said,"I'm glad you remember I've about worn out the c-d he said. But honestly I thought i would never see you again, and now you here. I just wish the circumstances had been better. John will probably out tomorrow night about this time if he has a decent lawyer. If your up to it we can get your things in the morning. otherwise I'll send a female officer for them if you like. I assume you will press charges. I'm surprised you didn't before now. Do you still love him? " Bob moved closer to her on the couch. Again he took her hand in his gently massaging it.

They sat and watched the fire as they talked. He loved the way her eyes shone. He always had. As he looked her way a tear escaped the corner of his eye and he quickly pushed it away. Finally he asked the question that had been burning on his lips all night. "Aislynn, why did it have to end for us? I'd have waited a lifetime." In three years he had never understood.

She nodded her head slowly, though she sighed lightly. "I.. I love him but then again I'm afraid to love him. I don't know how I feel. No, I don't want to go back and get them. Please, can there be a female officer?" She asked and looked up to him and she shook her head again. "I wanted to press charges for so long. But he threatened me so many times.." She said and looked down. Though hearing his last question she felt her heart drop and she frowned, looking up to him and she sighed softly. "When.. we broke it off before we went to college. I had figured that you had found someone. We didn't talk while we were in college.." She said and looked up to him.

She glanced back down at his hand grasping hers, gently massaging it. "I.. I thought that you had maybe moved on." She said and swallowed. "I didn't want to ask, because I was afraid of the answer. I was scared that you found someone.. so I just let go." She said and she herself felt her eyes watering. She winced as the salty tear hit her lips and she wiped her eyes. "I've always loved you and still do." She looked down.

"I'm sorry, that was a hard question for a night like this. I've wanted to know for so long. Now I've hurt you" He wrapped his arm around her and held her gently. He felt her shoulders hake a little. He pulled her head to his chest. "I'm sorry, so sorry Aislynn, I love you too. I always have, always will. He gently rubbed her shoulders letting her lean on him.

He decided that minute, that what ever it took he would wait for her. She was his love and he would have her back what ever it took. She was vulnerable, and for now he would comfort and not ask for more, though he desperately wanted more. The next days would be hard and she would need support. He decided to request a weeks leave of absence from the seargent in the morning. It was a difficult moment he wanted her so badly he could die, but he knew in his heart this simply was not the time. That time would come though. he was sure of it.

She shook her head, "You didn't hurt me.." She said, and felt him pull her close. She grimaced slightly but she rested her head against his chest and she closed her eyes with a light sigh. "It was my fault too. I could have called.. I should have called." She said and looked up to him though she shook her head. Feeling his hands caressing her shoulders and her eyes closed as she breathed in softly.

She wondered if this meant that they would be together, but she knew that she would have to go through a whole bunch of legal stuff. She'd have to divorce him and get him to sign the papers and she knew that was going to be hell to do. Though she was glad that Bob was here, it was lucky.. fate that he happened to be in the same town. Sure she would have been taken care of by another cop but they wouldn't have taken her in like he did. They would have just dropped her off at the womans home and not give a second glance. She knew some of these cops that he worked with and some of them didn't care. though she looked up to him and gave a small smile. "I don't want to go back.." She said and sighed, knowing for a fact that he would probably have a good lawyer by the end of the week.

Bob held her quietly, and said "you don't have to go back, you can stay right here" She seemed to relax and grew heavier on his chest. She was falling asleep which was a good thing. Bob scooted over a bit and let her sink down till her head was laying in his lap. He waited a bit to be sure, and her regular breathing confirmed it. He took the remote and turned on a movie, and kept the sound low. Letting her sleep peacefully where she was. She snuggled up to him and he rested his hand on her hip. It felt so wonderful, he didn't want it to end.

A couple hours went by and the movie ended. She was clearly out like a light. He slipped gently out from under her and got up. He picked her up in his strong arms, surprised at how light she seemed, and carried her into the guest room. He left the lamp on low, and tucked her into bed. Bob shut off the fire and cleaned up then checked on her one final time and kissed her lightly on the forehead and went to his room. He slept fitfully at first, but then lapsed into dreams of their highschool days, and fell hard asleep.

She nodded her head as she began to slowly drift off to sleep on his body, before she knew it she was out like a light on his lap. Her body limp, her breathing soft and gentle. Her head fell back as he picked her up, obviously really tired. She was usually a light sleeper because of her husband but now that she knew she was safe.. for now she could sleep peacefully. Though she was light because she didn't eat much. Not with John, she couldn't even fathom the thought of eating food. And when she did, she got so sick from the pain she'd get sick and puke.

It was a rare occasion when she could eat and keep it down. Though her head pressed into the pillow and she stayed asleep. She groaned lightly as she felt the kiss on her forehead. Though she slept through the night, morning came as the sun shone through the window and onto her face. Forcing her to wake up, she sat up and groaned. She was sore, but she was always sore. There wasn't a day that she woke up not feeling sore. She slowly slid her way out of the bed and stood up, slipping the rob back on as it was a bit chilly and she made her way out of the guest room and down the hall to see if he was awake, entering the kitchen.

Bob heard her footsteps as she walked toward the kitchen. He was standing in the kitchen making coffee in his boxers and shirtless. He couldn't get back to his room without passing her so he figured there was nothing to be done. he loaded the coffee maker and got it brewing. then turned to her and said cheerily," Good morning sleepy! hope you slept well. You look like you could use a hug." He walked over and wrapped his arms around her.

Bob opened the cupboard and pulled out 2 mugs. He got out cream, sugar and no calorie sweetner. He filled the cups with coffee, handed her one and said "Put what ever you like in it, what would you like for breakfast? eggs or pancakes?" He got out some bacon and started loading the pan while she made up her mind. Bob had always been a big breakfast boy. " I took this week off from work" he said. We'll see if we can get you situated by then. Officer Carol Smith will stop by in an hour or so to get your key so she can pick up your things. You might want to make up a list. Oh and don't worry. no one will tell John where you are.

She looked up just in time to see him walking towards her, wrapping his arms around her. She closed her eyes and sighed into his chest a bit. Though she gave a small smile she watched as he poured her a mug of coffee and she peered up. "Thank you." she said pouring some creamer and sugar into it. Stirring it she took a sip soon after and she closed her eyes with a soft sigh. She hadn't had a big breakfast in a while now, "Pancakes.." she nodded her head and she smiled over to him.

"Really? Why? Don't stop your job for me." she said and shook her head slowly, she didn't want to make his life any more complicated than it was right now. Though she nodded her head slowly and she walked over to her purse that she had taken with her and she opened it up as she pulled out her keys and slid off the one key and set it down onto the table. "Thank you." She said again and she breathed in the smell of the food cooking and she sighed lightly, happily.. it smelt wonderful and she just watched him. Thankfully it was saturday, so she didn't have to worry about getting to work just yet as she could rest for today and tomorrow.

"I never thought to ask you, but do you work or are you a stay at home wife? You know it would probably be best not to show up at work for a while, at least until you know John's status and can get a restraining order. Otherwise he can harass the hell out of you. But you cant get those orders until the court opens Monday. If you don't show up some where he won't have a clue where to find you. Its worth taking the time off and your work cant penalize you. Its against the law."

Bob turned the bacon and started mixing batter for the pancakes. Since he'd been living alone, he'd become a fairly good cook. He preheated the griddle and greased it and poured out 4 plate sized cakes. while they were cooking he set out two plates and silver ware on the table then got the OJ and syrup. When the cakes were ready, he loaded the plates with pancakes and bacon and set them on the table." Dig in" He said.

She looked up to him and she shook her head, "Unless there were children, I wouldn't be a stay at home wife." She said and she took a sip of the coffee again. "I work at the elementary school. I teach first grade." She said though she breathed in, "I can't just leave the kids, they need me." She said and looked up to him and she sighed and she looked down though she watched him cook and she walked up to stand beside him.

though she swallowed, "I suppose you're right." she said and rubbed the back of her head, though she moved to sit down at the table and she smiled. "thank you for breakfast." she said softly and she sat back as she rubbed some butter onto the cakes along with some syrup and she cut into it and took a bite along with the bacon. She closed her eyes, hoping she'd be able to keep it down. But then again, while she was eating she wasn't worrying if she cooked it wrong and was going to get slapped to the floor. She looked down and she sat back with a small smile up to him.

"Well at least consider taking off until you can get a restraining order ok? It won't help the kids if you get beat to death." Bob ate his pancakes and bacon, dipping the meat in the syrup. He was a big boy but very slim 44 across his massive chest, but only 32 at the waist. He smiled at Aislynn as he finished his plate. It was good to see the easy smile forming on her face. It made the three years of waiting worth it.

There was a knock at the door. "that will be officer Smith for the key" Ask her to come in but tell her I'm dressing. Bob sprinted back to his room and pulled on a tee shirt and some shorts. When he came back out Officer Smith was waiting. "Hey Carol!" Bob said cheerily, "Listen her husband is a real asshole, hes been beating the shit out of her for two months. Be careful over there, and don't let yourself be followed on your way back. We'd like to keep her location a secret. She's not planning on returning so bring what ever you can Ok? It will be a bitch getting it later." Tell you what, I'll go get my van and leave the squad at home. I can carry more that way, and they won't know to follow me in that." said Carole. "Thanks Carole you're the best." Bob said as he gave her a peck on the cheek.

She nodded her head slowly, "I know.." She said, slightly horrified by the fact if she was beaten to death and the kids were told about it. She looked to him though heard the knock at the door. Listening to him she walked over and opened the door with a small smile, "Hi.. Officer Carol?" She asked as the woman nodded her head she smiled and began to write a list of everything that she would need. "He's getting dressed." she said though she glanced up just moments later as Bob ran back out and into the living room.

She handed the woman the list and she smiled, "Thank you guys again.. I really appreciate this." she said and brushed her hair to the side. Wincing a bit as she brushed over her stitches though she watched the woman nodded and kissed his cheek back before leaving the house. She watched her leave, her arms crossed over her stomach and she watched through the window and she breathed in softly. The woman drove off and in the direction of her house and she bit her bottom lip, hoping that John either wasn't there and if he was there when she got there that he wouldn't go ballistic.

Bob walked up behind her, and wrapped his arms around her. He cuddled her lovingly as she looked out the window. Don't worry about Carole he said. She's as tough as a junk yard dog. If John gives her any shit, he'll regret it. She's just as likely to shoot him in the groin. She has to be the only cop who hates abusive men more than I do. That's why I called her. She'll keep your secret, and see that your safe. You may not be able to trust every cop in the department but Carole, she's alright.

He could tell she was still worrying. "How about a good movie? we got a couple hours till Carole is back what do you say? The second shelf has all the chick flicks, take your pick." He went to the closet and pulled out a blanket while Aislynn picked out a movie. They sat down and Bob pulled her against him and covered them with the blanket as the movie started.

She felt his arms wrap around her from behind and she breathed in softly. "Okay.." She said lightly and she turned her head to look towards him and she bit her bottom lip lightly. She turned and walked into the living room with him and she sat down onto the couch. Though hearing his suggestion she nodded her head slowly and she smiled softly as she nodded her head and she stood up from the couch. She walked over to the shelf and she began to look over the videos and she swallowed.

After a moment she picked out her favorite, which she knew that he knew. She hadn't watched it for a long time, because it often made her so sad to watch it. But it was such an amazing movie. She pulled out, 'P.S. I love you.' and placed the disc into the DVD player and pressed play. Walking back to the couch she sat down next to him and felt him pull her in close and her head pressed against his shoulder and she closed her eyes for a moment, happily.. for once.

It was a cold day, and Bob wrapped the blanket he had taken from the closet around them cuddling her close. His left arm around her shoulders, his right arm around her waist. He nuzzled her behind the ear as they watched. Soon they both felt warm and comfortable. He could feel her breathing slow and her body relax and she seemed to simply mold into him. As the movie did its magic, Bob took a box of tissues from the table behind them and put it in her lap smiling down at her. The tender, playful gesture made her giggle. Bob's heart soared. He hadn't heard he giggle in years and he hadn't forgotten how much he loved hearing it. He hugged her gently in response, and whispered in her ear. "If I live a thousand years, I don't think I'll ever hear such a pleasant sound as your laugh, I love you" He punctuated the words with a feathery kiss behind the ear.

As they sat there watching the movie, Bob slipped his hand inside the thick robe and around he waist, this time with only the thin cotton shirt between them. The warmth of her body,even through the shirt, felt wonderful, and he hoped she would not pull away. at first he thought he was falling in love with her all over again, but then he realized that he had never stopped loving her. They had just been forced apart. Still as much as he wanted her, was aching for her, he waited for her to come to him. He would have it no other way.

Back
Top Bottom