Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Ceremony (Viola/Spynmaster)

Viola

Super-Earth
A village was located near the top of a mountain named Syra. Syra, was a village that was off-limits to most outsiders. It was guarded by magic users and skilled men of weaponry. Even though there weren’t many people in the Syra, all those villagers had powers. About a year ago, pale blue stones were given to the villagers. With this stone, they could cast extreme power. They were told not to attack one from Syra but still to practice. The villagers, most of the time, were mature with their powers due to the fear their stone was to be taken away. The village was also known so something else, their ceremonies. Syra had one particular ceremony once a year which was supposed to bring Syra great wealth and health. This year the leaders decided to do the ceremony differently. The villagers blindly accepted the ‘new and approved’ ceremony but when outsiders got the word about Syra’s actions, they began to grow suspicious. It all started when scholars pointed out these stones that the villagers had and the sudden day chance that was pointed to a full moon were signs of a summoning. The only summon scholars believed could be in play was the god who lived in the mountain. The villagers were completely oblivious to the fact and planned to continue the ceremony.

A young woman named Evelyn, who went who went by Eve, was a key item for the ceremony. Eve’s heart was pure and she had the blood of her father coursing through her veins. She was next in line to take over the village and protect the shrine. Eve never had left her village nor did she have a want to. She was use to the cold weather and the people. There was also the fact that one day she had an important role to fill. Eve was quite excited about the ceremony. This time she was to play a bigger part than she normally did. It did raise a few questions to Eve but she pushed it off. She did trust her father after all.

The night was clear but the numbing cold that Syra was use to was still presence. The villagers were crowded near the shrine with their small stones in their pockets and around their neck. Eve was getting ready in her room; she lived behind the large shrine in a large wooden temple. Eve was looking in her mirror and combing her long black hair. She had a straight bang and her long hair trailed to the small of her back. Eve’s bright blue eyes gaze at herself through her reflection. Tonight is the night… She wore a white robe that from afar appeared like a dress, it was what was requested by her father for the ceremony. Even though Eve was excited, she felt like something wasn’t right. There was something different about tonight. Trying her best to push it to the side she leaves the room and starts to walk over to the shrine to begin the ceremony. She walked alone and even though she had a bit of the walk she heard the people in the distance talking and cheering. Her light blue eyes gaze down to her chest, where her own large stone was placed. It made her powers stronger and was bigger than all the villagers. Eve couldn’t help but to shiver at the night’s air and a strange feeling that was echoing in her soul. She knew the village was well protected that night but Eve had a feeling something was about to go wrong.

Eve's premonitions couldn't be more right. Approaching the village, ascending the cliffs bit-by-bit, was a young man. His skin was as brown as the earth, his brushed-back hair blackened with a single streak of deep blue, his eyes brown as well. He was 6' 4", considered tall among commonfolk. He wore a black cloak to protect himself from the cold weather, hiding his studded tanned leather outfit, along with his backpack of equipment should he need it.

He was Vance Brice, a wandering adventurer and fighter known for his deeds of bravery, justice, and goodness. He fought using the power of the storm with his own mind, and while not sweeping the enemy away with lightning, air, ice, and rainwater, he brutally felled them with his swift, precise manuvers and violent martial ability. He was mostly seen with blade and pole, created with his own mentality, cutting into enemies big and small, near and far. Rank, law, nor nobility had no bearing to Vance when it came to his job, however, he was not one to pick a fight for any reason. He is peaceful at best, known to comfort women and help those in need, defending the innocent with his life.

As Vance ascended Syra, leaping on the very air, he hid himself among a mist, as to not alert other guards as he felled them one-by-one. He was not one for such cloak-and-dagger tactics, but the description of the place was clear, and he was not taking any chances. After all the nearby guards were dispatched, he was delighted to see the village in his view. He took a moment to look through a spyglass he brought with him. He spied the villagers gathering around a ceremonial area, and the most important person, Eve, performing the rites of the ceremony. This was when he initiated the next phase of his plan.

He found some stable footing, took a moment to concentrate, and began to make the weather change upon the village. The clouds started to darken, streaking with lightning. The wind churned, becoming a little faster with each second. The air thickened with mist and fog. Soon, the wind became a whirlwind, gaining strength and speed as it lashed upon the village. Thunder boomed from the heavens as lightning shot down upon it. The storm had begun...

The night had been so still and quite. The small 5”2 woman’s eyes gaze up to the sky. It was starting to snow lightly. Then the sky got even darker out of nowhere and this stopped Eve in her tracks. In the whole 22 years she had been living she had never seen such a storm come so quickly. Eve could hear the once excited villagers go silent in awe. Eve was memorized at the sight of the swirling clouds but a sudden pull on her arm pulled Eve out of her daze.

It was her family’s personal guard, he knew that trouble was lurking. “Lady Evelyn we must make haste. We cannot stay here you may be in danger.” The guard pulled on Eve’s white robe that matched the snowy ground below. “Come on!” The guard grabbed Eve and ran her back towards the house that she lived in.

BOOM! The loud thunder sent Eve and her guard also to the ceiling. “What is going on?! Is this the way the Gods are telling us we shouldn’t continue today? Yet they shouldn’t be this threatening should they?” The guard looked at Eve in confusion since Eve was the one who was studying the Gods. “I need to go check… I didn’t get ready today for nothing. This isn’t the work of the Gods. Did one of our villagers go mad with the power the stone?” Eve asked questions but got no answers. “Listen, I am going back out there. You will not stop me, that’s an order!”

The brave woman exited the house despite all the protest her guard had given her. Yet he knew Eve was bold headed and she already had her mind made up. Eve walked down the path she was attempting before but this time she was jogging. The wind from the storm nearly made the small framed woman fall over. “Ugh… Ziku come forth!” Eve placed her small hand in the cold snow and a ghostly shape begins to form. The snow under the strange figure swirled around it. When the figure finally took form it appeared to be a white demon with wings. It was at least 12 feet tall and it’s body a slim and white. Its’ wing span large enough to stop the blowing wind from hitting Eve. “Thank you Ziku. Now let’s push forward and see what is going on.” The creature named Ziku let out a cry showing its’ agreement.

When Eve arrived to the shrine with Ziku she saw many villagers scrabbling. Then there was also her father right outside of the shrine where the ceremony was to be held. “Father!” Eve cried out even though the wind and Ziku blocked most of the sound. Her father looked shocked to see his daughter wandering around in a time like this. She was needed, she couldn’t die yet.

Eve and Ziku approached her father, who went by Sir Kabe, and joined him in protecting the shrine. Her father had a barrier up and Eve helped feed the barrier with Ziku hovered there ready for a fight. The barrier was effective against the flying debris as tree branches and what not bounced off the barrier. Eve looked around at the melted snow and a few dead trees down from the thunder strike. Ziku had changed its’ left arm into a large sword, it knew someone was nearby. Yet summons was only as strong as their Master. Eve couldn’t help but to notice a swirling cyclone approaching their village as buildings start to rip to shreds, “What is going on!? That is going to kill everyone and destroy our homes!” Eve finally asked. Ziku replied to Eve’s upset force and floated over to the cyclone. It’s long sword slashing at the cyclone to slow it down or make it less of a threat. Eve cried out, “Ziku be careful!”

Her father did not answer her question he just simply said, “Eve if you are going to stay here, use your magic. The shrine is the only thing that matters in our village. We have an unwelcomed guest be alert.”

Vance watched as the villagers scrambled about to find out just what was going on. Such a sight always amused his, seeing them run around like beheaded chickens, frantic deer, mice with the light lit on them. Still, he had to keep his concentration on the cyclone for a while.

It was then that he noticed his target once more. Then he had seen her with a snow demon, which only confirmed what he had heard about this village. They were indeed demon summoners. As he saw the snow demon attack the cyclone, he knew that his presence would soon be found. It was then that he dissipated the cyclone as one big explosion of electricity, ice, rain, and wind. He the took off his cloak, and then he revealed a blue blade of psionic energy, a long and wide as a broadsword. He then took a staff of energy, long as a longstaff, and connected the blade to it, thus forming a glaive of energy.

With this preparation, he dived into it all, descending upon the village as a somersaulting figure, his glaive outwards spinning like a sawblade, right towards the snow demon. Using the velocity of his descend from his weight, he trounced the snow demon, reducing her to the very thing that made her. As the guards saw this intruder finally, they charged at him while others fired off projectiles and other such spells. Vance was not deterred by this and began to showcase another thing he was known for besides producing storms. In a blur of movements, his energy glaive flew at the guards charging at him, knocking their own staves away and cleaving their throats, while his body deftly dodged the oncoming spells, while he unleashed his own ranged attacks. Oversized rainwater bubbles, lightning bolts, icicles, and blades of wind flew at spellcasters left and right.

When that was over, he stopped and stood, looking dead at Evie, eyeing her father as well. "You're coming with me, shrine maiden." he spoke with a bold, yet youthful voice. "Why don't you make it easy on yourself and surrender, 'cause if you resist...well, use your imagination." He slightly smirked, but his gaze was all serious.

Eve couldn’t believe he eyes when she saw a man appear from the cyclone. Without even an order spoken the demon attempts to lash out at the man, yet it was only struck down. As soon as the demon went crashing into the snow, Eve placed a hand on her chest and stumbled. Her own summon being taken down seemed too had stolen a lot of her energy. “Ziku! Ziku!!” The woman cried at her dear demon. The demon stirred around a bit and slowly faded into the snow.

It was now only her, her father, and some man with amazing power. Despite the situation the woman was astounded by his level of magic. What appeared to be a younger man being able to wield such magic simply amazed her. Her father must have thought the same thing because when Eve looked to her father for guidance, the only thing she saw was his footprints in the snow. That bastard just left me here!?

The small woman took a moment to take in the situation. She was in no position to fight but she would do her best to resist. She appeared to be soft spoken she but was about to blow that out of the water. “Who in the hell do you think you are? You come here and destroy most of my village, hurt my people, and you expect me to go with you? I do not take orders from such a heartless man! Could you at least explain to me what you think gives you the right to come here like this?!” It appeared the girl wasn’t like her father. She was holding her ground even though she was trembling in fear at the man.

Instincts were telling Eve to run, but she knew he would catch up to her. “Who are you!?” Her voice was raised. Tears flooded her eyes with remorse and anger. “I want to know the name of the man who destroyed my home and I’m about to kill!” Eve was in no shape to fight but her emotions had gotten the best of her.

Eve placed her hand on the snowy ground and mumbled to herself. This is going to hurt… The ground started to shake and the woman started to glow a golden color. But her energy wasn’t all there. The woman snapped her hand back and now nearly had all her energy drained from trying to summon a powerful creature. Eve had great summons yet she didn’t have the energy to control them or even fully summon them. The glowing stopped and the girl cried out in pain as she feels the rejection of the summon. Eve stood up and her vision was blurred. She was dizzy, emotional, drained, and freezing. “Just go away!” She begged him.

Vance's eyes widened at the scene unfolding. This Evie suddenly had so much rage, yet he noticed she feared him. Clearly, she was nothing like her father, who suddenly ran off like a frightened rat. His eyes narrowed as he saw this, and suddenly ran electricity through his hands. The voltage gathered in his arms, watching the old man flee, and when there was enough energy, he shot it at the Elder in one concentrated surge of lightning. It paralyzed him, while making him feel the searing pain of being scorched alive. Before he fnished the job, however, he made the lightning connect to his mind, to absorb his thoughts & memories, and hopefully gain some information about the origin of all the summonings and how they got their power to begin with. When he was done, all that remained of the Village Elder was ashes and scorched rags. "Coward. To think he was an elder...disgraceful." he grunted.

Finally, he could turn all of his focus upon Evie, who stood there berating him defiantly. "Heartless? Surely you jest." Vance crossed his arms quite casually. "I'm quite compassionate, or so I've been told. Though it really makes me bitter to know that this village is the reason monsters and demons have been appearing in this world, and I reckon it's because of your summoning that they've been appearing. What if I told you that you were responsible for so many murders, rapings, and the destruction that happened outside of this village?"

Then she started to threaten him, to which he just raised an eyebrow. Then he noticed she was getting ready to summon yet another monster after him. However, he already knew that it was going to fail just be looking at her. She tried to summon a creature with which she had no energy for, and it took its toll on her. "Obviously your elder father failed to teach you the basics of summoning. Never attempt to summon what you can't support." It was clear that she had never been a real battle before, so he acted quickly as to not give her any time to react. He lifted her up forcefully, placed his hand on the back of her head, and placed a psionic restraint on her. Now she couldn't get away if she wanted to. If she tried to willingly run from him, her body would become motionless. If she tried to summon or tried to attack him, she would recieve an electric shock of pain until she digressed from the action. He also made an effort to take her pendant from her as well as that of the dead elder. "You won't be needing these."

Eve was completely shocked by this stranger. Compassionate?! His allegations seemed ridiculous to Eve. “My village is not responsible for anything like that! We help living by controlling the dead. Demons and spirits. That is why we have this ceremony. So we can keep protecting the world!” Eve’s tears rushed her eyes as she screams to him. Everything that had happened in such a short amount of time she was starting to mentally break in front of the man.

That breaking point was reached when she connected what happened he had just done to her father. “Damn you!” Her father was a coward and a bad man but it was still her father. A scream of pain and sadness escaped the young woman knowing that this man took away everything dear to her. Eve still had no idea what his intentions were and the only thing she wanted to do was kill him. Yet with her energy as low as it was and her mental state being a wreck there wasn’t much she could do.

Eve looked to him in fear when he approached her and casted a restraining spell on her as he ripped her pedant from her neck. Without her stone she was unable to summon most of her creatures. Eve would still be capable of learning new summons and being able to work with spirits, but she was left pretty useless. Between not being able to summon and being unable to move, she had way of protecting herself. “You killed everyone for just me?! Just kill me already! You are going to do it anyways aren’t you? Just kill me!”

Vance looked at her for a second as she carried on, admitting that she was the one responsible for everything that happened outside of the village, while believing that it was all with good intentions. "Massive...you honestly have no idea of the world outside this village, do you? How sad."

Then he saw her mental and emotional breakdown as she roared at him for killing her father. He really couldn't blame her reaction. He had felt the same way when his parents were killed. If only she actually knew the whole truth... Then she went on about him killing her. He forced Evie eyes to look at him.

"I'm not here to kill you." Vance said. "I'm here to show you the outside world, the one where your people have been dumping demons and monsters for years, all while your village prospered, probably due to that mountain deity of yours. Don't you ever wonder why he asks for your ceremonies? You know, purpose? Meaning? Wait, nevermind. You're a loyal priestess. Why would you question your god? Well, I'm gonna show you soon enough."

As Vance began to scoop her off her feet, he caught the signal of someone chanting. Turning quickly, he spotted another priestess speed-casting a spell similar to Evie's only it was a bit more powerful. Then she took a knife and ran it into her stomach, spilling her blood and making her drop to the ground. Suddenly, the entire village shook, and all the crystals, save Evie's and the elder's, levitated around the village. Vance acted quickly and scooped Evie, using his power to fly up and away from the village, just as the floor started to break with red cracks.

The only the Eve could hear from lies escaping the mouth of the man. At least lies to her, according to her nothing that was done in the village, nothing had leaked to the outside. “I do not want to go with such a murdering liar! I am ‘sad’? What about you? There is no peace with you! You come in here and kill just about everything! You deserve to be punished by the Gods for your actions and you mocking their power and reason!” She hated the man in front of her. She was no going to believe him until she saw it from herself.

Eve’s eyes widen when he spoke of the outside world and him showing her what is out there. Yet still every word that was pouring from his mouth brought her more anger. If only she had the energy she would of tried to attack him again. “Will you wash your filthy mouth? I cannot believe your disrespect for my village. You will not get away with this!” He took everything Eve had. Her father, her home, all her friends and townspeople. The pain and heartache was unbearable. The lack of energy and overwhelming emotions made her body much for weak.

Before weakness set in, the man had picked her up and flew her up into the air. Well at least that was all she could remember. Her stomach was upset from all the chaos and the height didn’t really help her. At the time the only thing Eve wanted was to sleep. Not in this man’s arms but in her own bed at home… That was when Eve’s eyes spots her village starting to crack and tumble. The poor woman’s heart would never be the same and may never heal after such horrors. “Oh please just let me die! Just drop me! You killed and destroyed my whole life! You degraded my god. Don’t make me witness anymore pain! Drop me!” She was now screaming in a panic. Her emotions had gotten the best of her, she needed to calm down but it was close to impossible unless she made herself fault.

By the time Vance got a safe distance with a very irrational Evie, the crystals had gone right into the lava, and with it their energy inside. It further fed the force of the volcano, making something grow within it. Vance could sense something coming, and he did not want to stick around for it. Evie's frantic temper-tantrum wasn't helping matters any. Apparently, he had awakened something very powerful with his assault on the village. It really couldn't be helped, all things considered, but he was still concerned about what would happen now. The only thing he could do now was return to the nearest town, his bounty in tow, and try to get some information. That is, after he rested a bit. With that, he summoned a disc of psionic energy and stood on it, carrying Evie as suddenly rode the disc towards the closest village.

As Vance and Evie left, the presence in the mountain had taken shape as a giant muscular humanoid, fiery and intimidating...and looking rather upset. He sensed Vance and Evie departing and prepared to attack from his spot. He powered up a large ball of burning energy and fired bolts from it. If it wasn't for Vance's senses, he might've been hit. Looking back, he saw the bolts coming and bulged his eyes, weaving to the left. "Son of a bitch!" he exclaimed, dodging some more bolts.

Viola said:
The only the Eve could hear from lies escaping the mouth of the man. At least lies to her, according to her nothing that was done in the village, nothing had leaked to the outside. “I do not want to go with such a murdering liar! I am ‘sad’? What about you? There is no peace with you! You come in here and kill just about everything! You deserve to be punished by the Gods for your actions and you mocking their power and reason!” She hated the man in front of her. She was no going to believe him until she saw it from herself.

Eve’s eyes widen when he spoke of the outside world and him showing her what is out there. Yet still every word that was pouring from his mouth brought her more anger. If only she had the energy she would of tried to attack him again. “Will you wash your filthy mouth? I cannot believe your disrespect for my village. You will not get away with this!” He took everything Eve had. Her father, her home, all her friends and townspeople. The pain and heartache was unbearable. The lack of energy and overwhelming emotions made her body much for weak.

Before weakness set in, the man had picked her up and flew her up into the air. Well at least that was all she could remember. Her stomach was upset from all the chaos and the height didn’t really help her. At the time the only thing Eve wanted was to sleep. Not in this man’s arms but in her own bed at home… That was when Eve’s eyes spots her village starting to crack and tumble. The poor woman’s heart would never be the same and may never heal after such horrors. “Oh please just let me die! Just drop me! You killed and destroyed my whole life! You degraded my god. Don’t make me witness anymore pain! Drop me!” She was now screaming in a panic. Her emotions had gotten the best of her, she needed to calm down but it was close to impossible unless she made herself fault.

Back
Top Bottom