Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Redemption and Ragnarok (TouketsuSafaia & Caspian)

Kjeld looked to the beings. "Yes, are we go to back to the path the way we came?"

No, there is a new path for you to follow. You've been blessed with the blood of the Wolverine, you will see it as you descend the other side of this mountain. At the bottom of the slope you will find a village. You are to talk to Lothar, the headsman for the village. He will give you accommodations for the night and food and wine. From there you will strike North. After that your fate will guide your path and we will wait and watch.

The three forms shimmered into nothingness and the roots of the tree seemed to slither about momentarily like a den of snakes. A new path formed in a groove between two large roots, heading East, down the other side of the hill.

Kjeld looked to Aasta. "I am happy you will get to meet your parents. Perhaps this means I will meet my boy. Let us go."

Aasta smiled at Kjeld's words. "You will meet your son, I'm sure of it. Let us make haste down the mountain, to rest for the night. And tomorrow, let us start our new journey." She says softly while starting to follow the trail down the other side of the mountain, she smiled. Her mood had improved greatly, her hips swayed with her new found happiness, a bounce in her step as well.

Kjeld noticed the lightness in Aasta's steps and the smile on her face. Clearly she was happy about the news of her parents, a stark contrast to the news about his own.

Kjeld didn't know what the fates had in store for them, but he knew that trying to resist what he was going to do was futile. They might as well go along with it. As they wandered down the hill they could feel as they came back into the physical world. They became more aware of their packs, their own weight, the feel of their skin and the sweat beginning to bead on their foreheads from walking.

As they approached the village they could feel the eyes of the locals upon them. They could hear the hushed whisper of children and the crunching of sticks and branches as they were followed into town. They came to the gate and were met by the door warden.

"I am afraid I cannot let you in yet, the headsman must come first. You will have to wait here."

Kjeld shrugged and looked to Aasta. "Nothing for it, we might as well wait. I doubt that will have an effect on your mood though." Kjeld smiled.

Aasta smiled sheepishly at Kjeld's words. "I cannot help it, I'm excited.. aren't you? ...Well no.. I suppose you wouldn't be... seeing your son has been delayed..." She glanced down slightly. "I'll try to tone down my happiness." She says softly, she did feel bad that he would not yet get to see his son, and that in time she would learn her turn self. She stood and waited for the headsman to come with Kjeld.

"Please, you are right to be excited! The questions you have will come with answers. I went with no questions and came away looking for new answers. The fates are funny indeed. Please, rejoice and take pleasure in knowing your path will bring you the answers you seek. I'd rather you smiling all the way to Valhalla than checking your happiness. Please."

The headsman walked towards the two with a suspicious look on his face. He was wary, as though he wanted them gone as far away as possible, but knowing he had no ability to send anyone anywhere.

"Ah, another pair seeking to pay tribute to the gods. Gah." The headsman spat to the side. "Well, I am tired of it. I am tired of the fates sending me every wayward traveler and vagabond. If they control the fates then they can stop me from killing you."

The headsman gave them no warning, he lifted the cudgel that he wore at his waist and swung it at Kjeld. The swing went wide and Kjeld was sent scrambling, digging for his long hunting knife.

"They give me no choice. I am told that I must give the travelers everything! They are beyond my control and outside my authority! What is a headsman who does not have complete authority over his own village?" The headsman shrieker.

Aasta still held her stick she had sharpened she used the blunt end, the non-sharpened end of it and thrusted it into the mans hand that held the Cudgel. It would cause a nice mount of hurt, possibly causing him to drop the dangerous thing. But not taking a chance she moved it just slightly before slamming the side of it into the wrist of the same hand and moved down into a crouch showing off her long muscular legs as she had swiftly moved to point of her stick to his neck. She said nothing though, not moving her dark eyes away from the man as she waited for Kjeld to get his hunters knife out.

The man turned to look at Aasta with a grimace. He wrung his hand and looked as though he would contemplate a charge at the small-framed girl.

Kjeld held out the sharp knife made of obsidian and reindeer hide.. It was brittle, but deadly sharp. Something that could slice through skin and tendon like hot nail through pig fat. The man eyed the knife and paused for a moment.

"Ah, I beg your forgiveness. You're from the North. A man carrying a weapon such as that could be from no other place. I am sorry for that. I just cannot abide that my village is under the direct rule of the fates."

Kjeld nodded and rebutted. "We're all ruled by the fates, it's just that you have the misfortune of knowing it."

The man nodded. "We will find lodgings for you, and food. Please follow me."

Aasta stood back up in a fluid movement putting the blunt part of her hunting stick back against the ground while she stayed quiet. This was only proof that things would become much more difficult from here on out. She stayed with Kjeld, just standing there waiting. "well that was fun."

Kjeld looked to Aasta and nodded. "Thanks for the assistance. I could have been in a lot of trouble. When we get to a place where we can sit down and talk you'll have to tell me where you learned to fight like that. I never would have guessed you were so skilled." Kjeld tried his best to offer that last comment without making it come out like an insult. He stammered for a moment. "Then again, I suppose you've been second guessed a lot throughout your life. I guess I have just added my own little assumption in there as well. We can talk about it when we get to wherever it is we are going to stay."

The elder of the village led them to a loft where there were fresh furs laid down to sleep on. "You're permitted to stay here for two nights. After that you're expected to be on your way. This is the standard option the fates have dictated to us, just as they have set you on your own path. You will be given meat, mead and supplies if you need any." The headsman left them in their loft.

Outside there was a fire-fed sauna and a pool of water to rinse off in. Kjeld made note of it, he was going to go sweat all the impurities out of his skin and then sleep like the dead.

Aasta nodded while following to the place they would be sleeping, she had taken note of there being only one large bed in the loft. "Kjeld, Only one bed." She stated while pulling her pack off and setting it down on the floor, her staff stick set down on the ground as well. Her eyes lingered on the sauna and the pool of water, both of wish she very badly wanted to use. She sat down on the fur's while looking up at Kjeld. "You wanted to know how I learned to fight like that... I honestly don't know... It just kind of happened. I've never fought against another human.. but I knew just what to do.. I would love to chalk it up to it just being inbreed into my genetics.."

Kjeld nodded at the bed.

"We slept closer in the shelters we've slept in. We'll be alright. If you're not comfortable sharing I can manage on the floor." Kjeld said, though the thought of sleeping in an actual bed was the most appealing thing next to the sauna and rinsing pool.

"Interesting that you've never learned to fight, and yet you clearly have a fighting spirit. You're quite adept. I am going to visit the sauna. You are welcome to join me if you like."

Kjeld walked outside to the hut and stoked the fire for the sauna. He disrobed, giving the attendant his garments to clean and oil. He stood in the brisk air, naked, feeling the breeze against his naked skin. Gooseflesh broke out over his entire body as the cool evening wind brushed against him. He shuddered quickly and stepped into the hot sauna and sat on the cedar bench. He soon began to sweat. A sheen developed on his arms, shoulders and chest. Many years of working with hammer, tongs and iron had chiseled Kjeld into a strong, muscular man. His shoulders slumped down slightly as the tension in his shoulders and back eased and he gave into the relaxing heat of the sauna.

Aasta knew it would be a bad idea to follow him into the sauna because he had a wife and son, though they were dead now it made her uncomfortable. But she followed after him anyways, also disrobing and handing over her clothes to the attendant. She then walked to the sauna, saving herself mostly from the cold, the short walk had caused her nipples to harden as she made her way in. Her skin was pale as always, and normally hidden under her clothes were fairly large breasts, and smooth stomach, prominent hip bones and collar bones, and long strong legs. Between her legs was a smooth, bare folds of her inner warmth. She sat down on the other cedar bench and closed her eyes, relaxing right away as she kept her mind off a naked Kjeld across the way from her.

Kjeld was glad to see that Aasta had decided to join him in the Sauna. It was pleasing to see that she regarded him as something of a friend as the sharing of the sauna amongst friends and peers was common, regardless of gender. He was also quite pleased with her form, seeing her as a beautiful, young woman instead of another woman of the village bundled in furs and leathers. Kjeld threw more water onto the hot rocks of the sauna, sweat was now pouring off of Kjeld's body. He could feel the muscles in his body slackening with each breath of hot air.

He was comfortable being naked in front of Aasta, though he could tell that she felt a bit awkward. Perhaps that was a result of her being a foundling and not having the opportunity to be in a mixed sauna very often. He was also surprised to see that a part of his anatomy was getting slightly excited. Kjeld adjusted his position so that he was reclined with his side facing Aasta, his knee raised using his leg to hide his arousal.

Aasta slowly started to relax, getting use to being naked in front of a man, she trusted Kjeld and knew he would try nothing with her, being a grown man, and herself still a child in so many ways compared to him. She noticed her threw more water on top of the hot rocks, he then shifted, which caught her attention, her body started to sweat from the steam. It washed everything bad out of her system, she continued to relax even if she was naked in front of the man it would mean nothing. And yet her lower area's were getting excited, she crossed her legs feeling moisture starting to form, she didn't know if it was just from him or if it was from the steam.

"Kjeld. We can share the space on the bed, its not right for me to have you sleep on the floor while I take the bed. We've both been tested and we have sores, and aches and we can relax on the bed, not having to worry for once." She says with a nod, while knotting her long hair behind her neck. Sweat dripped down the side of her neck before rolling down in between the valley of her breasts, trailing down towards her navel.

Kjeld's excited body calmed itself. He was no longer nervous about being naked in front of Aasta, nor was he nervous about her being naked with him in the sauna. He could handle it as long as he didn't stare too long. When he watched the bead of sweat pour down her neck into her cleavage he could feel the tug, knowing that he would drive himself mad if he kept watching. Instead he concentrated on becoming more comfortable with her as she obviously had with him, offering to share the bed.

"Thank you Aasta. I appreciate it. I know that we've spent time closer than sharing a bed being out in the wilderness, but it's easy when it's only about survival. I am glad you're comfortable with me. I think I am going to rinse off and come back in."

Kjeld got up, no longer trying to hide himself in any way. His member was still slightly swollen, having gotten over the excitement of watching sweat roll down Aasta's beautiful skin. He made his way over to the pool and drew a bucket of water - pouring it over his shoulder and rinsing his naked body. He puffed and sputtered as the cold water poured over his face and chest. Three days of dirt and dust literally poured off his fair skin and drained into the pool.

Aasta noticed his slightly swollen member but knew there was no way he could help it, she was young still, her body aroused him. She watched the grim and filth wash off him as he used the pool water to wash off his body. The thought of it made her shiver in her seat on the bench, knowing the water would be cold to no end. Aasta got up off the bench and wiped a smug of dirt that the water had missed as she walked into the pool of cold water. "It missed a spot." She stated before starting to wash and rub her own body free of her own dirt and dust, grim and filth.

After she was done she glanced back at Kjeld. "Do you see any dirt left?" she asked genuinely curious, she couldn't see any but then again she couldn't see her back. The water had been as cold as she had imagined, her nipples budding up again, merely from the cold, luckily her back was turned so he couldn't see them.

Kjeld watched as Aasta poured water down her back, mesmerized. She was in excellent physical shape and the sight of her backside was appealing and amusing. A flash of a thought passed across his mind, a thought he quickly banished away. The loneliness of the past year suddenly became very apparent, though he never wore his heart on his sleeve. He smiled while Aasta was turned away from him, simply enjoying the view peacefully.

When she asked him to inspect for dirt he felt just a little ashamed for a moment, like she knew he was looking at her in a way that he shouldn't have been. He swallowed hard and looked at her clean, soft skin. There was a small patch of dirt underneath her shoulder-blades and in the middle of her back, where she couldn't reach. He stepped forward and scooped some of the cool water into his hand and rubbed it into the skin of Aasta's back. He rinsed it again and rubbed the skin, both to ensure that her back was indeed clean and to gently touch her skin one last time before heading back into the sauna for one last sweat and rinse before heading back to their loft.

Aasta shivered lightly as his fingers touched her back, when he left back to the sauna she shivered, wrapping her arms around her. She wasn't cold, his touch had excited her like it shouldn't have. She toweled off and went back to their loft laying under the fur's gently, her hair still up in a loose knot while she laid, her eyes closing as she relaxed naked under the warmth for a while. The attendant hadn't come back with their clean clothes so she had no choice but to stay naked, and she knew better then to go back in the sauna with Kjeld considering he had just excited her by a little touch of her back.

Aasta's eyes closed, she fell into a soft sleep, she drifted in warmth not dreaming anything, she only dozed lightly, she would be easily woken.

Kjeld walked into the loft, his body was goose-fleshed and shivering. Their clothes had not come back from the groomers and he was cold. He saw Aasta on the bed. He knew that she was sleeping and saw her naked form. Her beautiful naked body was enticing and he knew that if he stared for much longer he would have to explain why some of him was so visibly excited. He sat down on a stool for a moment and stoked the small fire that was in the metal grate in the corner of the loft. The ashes and coals fell into the bed of stones beneath it. He could not build the fire up much more, since the grate was so small. He looked again to the soft, warm furs on the bed and relented.

With great care Kjeld moved over to the bed, wondering how to get into it without disturbing Aasta and trying not to concentrate on her naked body. As he got closer and closer he could see her chest heave with each deep breath of her slumber. She was splayed out on the bed, leaving little room for Kjeld. In the end he managed to pick up one of her arms gently and slid under it, placing the soft hand on his chest, hoping it wouldn't disturb her. He looked up at the ceiling as the full weight of the hand rested against his chest and waited, hoping he hadn't suddenly woken her.

Aasta felt the soft shift of the bed, her mind in a foggy state, when her hand was lifted and the bed sank in a little more her mind knew Kjeld had come into the bed, which didn't bother her at all. What didn't register was that she was indeed naked still, and she didn't know he himself was naked. With her hand set down on his chest she groaned softly snuggling in more even though her was slightly colder then she was, it was only when her mind finally processed that her hand was on hims bare flesh that made her wake up.

Her eyes opened as she gasped softly while pulling away, her face slightly heated and pink. "S-sorry Kjeld, I must have taken over the bed.." She says softly while turning her back to him, her nipples budded up from his cold skin once more. She closed her eyes again willing herself to forget he was in the bed naked and to just act like he was clothed.

Kjeld's whole body went rigid as she cuddled into him. He could feel his heart pound and his skin tingle with the electric sensation of foreign flesh against his own. Suddenly her body was against his own. He could smell the sweet scent of her clean skin and her hair. The sauna had done wonders for the both of them. When she looked at him, pinked faced, he felt more embarrassed for Aasta than for himself. It must have been awkward, having never shared a bed with a grown man - at least to Kjeld's knowledge. He smiled at her and when she rolled away he wasn't insulted or hurt. Instead he chuckled.

"I think we both need to relax a little. This is awkward for me, and must be terribly awkward for yourself. You keep your back turned to me, at least you won't have to endure the sight of a naked man." Kjeld chuckled softly. "Instead allow me to try something my wife used to do. You can tell me to stop if you ever feel uncomfortable."

Kjeld rubbed his hands together, warming them up so they wouldn't be cold against the soft, sensitive flesh of Aasta's back. Once they were warm he brushed the very tips of his fingers against Aasta's skin. There was never any pressure from his strong hands, it was as though he was painting a picture with the lightest brush.

"This always used to get me to relax. More often than not, it would put me right to sleep."

Kjeld traced small circles and lines across the canvass of Aasta's beautiful skin. While the sensation of touch was deeply intimate, there was also a sense of innocence, a purity that can only be shared between friends.

Aasta's body tensed as his finger brushed up against her skin, but soon relaxed nearly into a puddle of goo, her mind empty but she wasn't tired anymore. "It wasn't the thought of seeing a naked man that made me embarrassed. It was that fact that it was you Kjeld. It must be hard to see me naked having had a wife and been without for many years now." She says softly, her eyes closed as she rolled onto her stomach, leaving her back exposed from the fur's, her body was relaxed so was no longer pink in the face. "I'm sorry you were forced to take this journey with me."

Kjeld chuckled. "I was the one who signed up for the journey. I was surprised to learn that you were the one accompanying me, but I am not regretful in the least. As for being without a woman, it has been tough, but a man can turn his attention and energy to other things if he has to. Seeing you naked has been... a challenge, but a worthy challenge and you are a beautiful woman Aasta." Kjeld continued to brush his fingers against Aasta's flesh, easing the pain in his heart. It had been a long time since he had the company of his wife, nearly a year longer than the day she had died. She had been bedding with another man for months before he discovered. When he drove the man from the village his wife Myrna had turned her back to him. He feared that much of the village knew of this, he somehow hoped Aasta did not know. He went to Valhalla to see his boy. His wife, though she would be there, was no longer his concern.

While part of him had wanted to brush his fingers lower past the small of Aasta's back, Kjeld was uncertain if that would break the trust that he and Aasta were currently sharing. Instead he continued to play with the skin of her back and simply enjoy the sensation of her soft, supple skin.

"Given the circumstances and what I know of you now, I would take you with me over anyone else in the village Aasta. I feel bad for how terribly you have been treated as a foundling, and how I was somehow treated so well. The world isn't always fair, is it?"

"Nothing in this place is ever fair Kjeld." She spoke softly, her voice quiet as she relaxed even more. She didn't know more about his life other then his wife had died. "Your wife was lucky to have to Kjeld..." She whispered as she fell quiet, nearly asleep as his hands worked on her back softly. She was in that area between awake and asleep, her breathing shallow, fully trusting him. "I trust you with everything I have..." She murmurs softly to him turning her head to face him and opening her eyes softly. She could see his naked chest and that was all, the rest of him still covered by the fur's. "As for seeing a man naked, I'd rather it be you then anyone else Kjeld."

Kjeld blushed a little at the compliment. At least she was more comfortable with the idea of him being naked rather than someone else. Perhaps she didn't consider him a threat, perhaps she saw him as a father figure. Perhaps not. Either way, he was comfortable with her in the bed and she was comfortable with him. That was a relief and it was a nice touch for the evening.

Kjeld continued to trace his fingers against the skin of Aasta's back, his hands deftly tracing over the skin. He could feel where Aasta was enjoying his touch and where she didn't enjoy the sensation. Every time he hit a good place he could see the goosebumps break out on her arms and shoulders, these bumps directed his hands where to go. When the right spots told him where to go he followed them until they changed.

"You've got beautiful skin" Kjeld said, softly. "It's not coarse and leathery like some of us Northerners. You're lucky that way. Most of us have a hide so thick we hardly need furs." He could smell Aasta's skin and her hair. He did not want to get so close that he made her uncomfortable, but he leaned forwards and smelled her hair and skin just for a moment before leaning back and continuing his light, brushing massage.

Back
Top Bottom