Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

When a Knight rescues an Elf (MasterOfWhispers and Scarlet Angel)

The young elf always slept lightly, it came from her nomadic ways. In her experience sleeping deeply only gave someone more time to slip a knife between her ribs if they so choose. Even in a safe place like this the moment her heard voice outside her door she shot up in bed ready to spring. Elina remained that way for several minutes before she caught Richard’s deep voice and she relaxed with a sigh. She was in his home safe and sound and she was quite certain no one was going to murder her. Taking a deep breath she slumped back onto the bed for a moment before swinging her long legs out and onto the chilly floor of the chamber.

The dream she had was one she was familiar with. The last moments of her parent’s lives. The ring being handed to her before she was pushed beneath the carriage, a group of men dressed in black demanding to know where it was and then her father’s grunt and her mother’s scream as both were killed. To this day she wasn’t certain why they hadn’t searched the carriage; if they had she wouldn’t be alive either. Slowly she made her way over to the door and paused for a moment before opening it.

“Another sister?” she question grinning slightly. This time she’d neglected to wear some sort of cover over the nightgown and her hair was slightly mussed from sleep falling in curls around her face. It was obvious she was 100 percent elf because her curves were narrow and compact but still pronounced enough to be appealing. “My name is Elina. Thankfully she’d not heard anything about the Silver Hand her ears weren’t that sensitive to sound she’d just been able to make out their voices. This sister she liked, she seemed nice and the brunette felt as though this sister would be the one she could trust.

“What’s your name?” she continued being quite open and friendly with the new stranger. “I’ve met his other sister; she didn’t seem to like me much. Or maybe she just doesn’t trust stranger, which I suppose makes sense.” Either way she was going to make it a point to avoid Ariana as much as possible. They were on different schedules so it wouldn’t be too difficult or so she hoped. The least she could after everything Richard had done for her was try to make nice with his collection of siblings.

"Cu cu CuuuuutE" Maria whispered. Her face going slightly red. "Oh your saw cuuuuute." Before Richard knew it, she immediately leaped and embraced the eleven woman. The Knights response: his palm over his head and a deep sigh. However he was smiling at he interaction. Normally Maria would be suspicious of any stranger. It was in her nature given her line of work as a spy master or spy Mistress. The girl was trained to point where she need only glance out at a person to asses their true nature character. The fact that she took to the stranger so quickly showed that maybe she was somebody to be trust.

"Ahem! Maria. Please!" The knight said in a half exasperated half amused tone. The girl turned to her brother. "Oh sorry about that. Richard, you should have introduced me to her as soon as you came to the castle. So cute!"
"You told me not bother you when you while your debriefing agents and working on the days reports!"
"Not when there is a beautiful girl for me to adore!"
"Honestly..."

The sibling laughed at the moment. Barring the incoming silver hand. Festival Day was of course more light hearted then usual. "Well I think this is time for intruductions. Elina this is Maria Reinhart. My sister and head of the provinces more sensitive operations." He was careful not to say spy master.
"It's so nice to meet you!" Maria added with a smile. "And I see you met my other sister. Worry not about the castle's frozen maiden. She tends to be all frowns and scowls with all people. Well except for brother here." She said with a nudged of to his ribs.

"Anyway" Richard raised his voice hoping to avoid the subject of Ariana "I suppose it's time for breakfast. Our little family should be arriving all over the province at the dining room! Shall we?"
"Oh can't wait to see what Leonardo has whipped up at the kitchen. He's really improved since he finished his tenure as a mercenary!"
"Didn't think a military cook would be that good truth be told."

Maria smiled knowingly. The family was together again. And if luck would have it Elina would be the latest addition.
"Shall we?"
"Of course. Are you ready Elina?" The man asked.

There was tension in the castle. Richard could sense it as he made his way down with his two companions. The excitement of the upcoming festival. The thrill of the new entertainment coming from the east. This may be the last festival but it would be the most memorable of them all.
He'd glance at Elina every now and then and smiled as Maria continued to talk to her about some of the work she does around the province. He as well as the citizens of Machilda will have to leave the land of their birth soon. If these feeling that he seemed to develop with Elina were really strong. Then perhaps he could get her to journey with him to wherever his Father's will dictated.

"Well we're here!" Maria squealed in excitement. Richard smiled. Gathered at the table were all his brothers and sisters. Though they be of different races and not sharing the same blood , he's always felt bounded to them.
"Lets Eat!"

The siblings cheered, as he made it's way to his seat, inviting the pair over to his own table. After the meal was finished, the warrior whispered into the elf girl's ear. "Well the decorations should be up, as well as the entertainment by now. Care to join me?"

“Ack!” she exclaimed in surprise stumbling back against the door frame. The hug had been unexpected but not unwelcomed. After the initial shock she returned the hug a bit hesitantly blinking over Maria’s shoulder at the knight. She’d expected this sister to be as unwelcoming as the first one this was a pleasant surprise. Humans didn’t generally welcome her with hugs and exclamations of how cute she was. When the human backed off Elina smiled slightly. “I think I like this sister better then the other one.” As a matter of fact she liked her quite a bit.

“Just give me one second.” She said as she vanished back inside her room. Moments later she remerged dressed in a simple gown that was in the closet. She wasn’t keen on the idea of going down to breakfast in her sleepwear. Elina also found Maria’s work quite interesting. Spying and espionage what fun! The excitement and danger had to be off the charts. Though she also had to admit her life was rather exiting and dangerous from time to time as well.

The meal was of course excellent and she found herself asking for seconds once or twice. It had after all of course been quite sometime since she had a good meal that wasn’t stolen. By the end of it she was more then eager to leave with Richard and take a look at the decoration, she could change into the dress before the festival officially started. Clutching his arm tightly she allowed herself to be lead out of the safety of the castle and back into the village around it.

“So you do this every year and everyone in the village is invited?” she questioned as they began to head towards the square. In the villages I’ve been too other races were never welcomed into a festival. We were usually forced to hide in the woods until it was over. I’ve never really participated in one, so I’m afraid I may not be a very good dancer.” Of course elves had a natural sense of rhythm so it was likely she would get the hang of it quickly. The positive energy overlaid the tension so much so that she didn’t realize the small village was in danger and probably wouldn’t until she was told.

Richard laughed. " Oh you'll catch on quick. You may not be the only girl here who hasn't danced before. Though from what remember of most elves that I have danced with. They seem to take it to it naturally. I'm sure you'll do fine!" He finished playfully. He looked around at the town square where more people were gathering. The musicians he had hired from one of the more notable music guilds have just finished a number, and they appear to be taking requests from one of the many civilians.
"Machilda, is my province. And it is a province which treats all races equally. All are invited to celebrate the founding of this castle and town regardless of status or race." 'That is until the Silver Hand controlled court finally comes in and runs me and my soldiers out' Richard thought grimly. He managed to maintain a more cheerful facade despite the grim future that seems to await his town and castle.

The festival was like any other festival found in the Human kingdom. The only difference is that it's literally populated with different races of all shapes and sizes. The Lord and Knight though made sure to make the Young Elina feel as welcome at his home as any other. He took her to different stands. Some were selling food, others were selling cheap amulets and artifacts. It was a lighthearted atmosphere overall. Made even lighter with the elf by his side.

One stand though caught the Knight's attention. The merchant at the stand was a merchant from the Emerald Star Empire from the east. Gently tugging at Elina's arm he pulled her gently to stand.
"Shin is that you? I didn't know you would be coming today!" Richard called out admittadly to the man from the east."
"After what you did for me and my family, I could not pass up such an opportunity." The black haired responded with a smile.
"Well since your here." Richard said carefully. "I was wondering if you were selling that special little souvenir." Shin's eyes lit up, as he looked over to his elf companion.
"First time you ever asked me for that." Shin responded with a twinkle. "Young lady must be something special. For you to get this." Richard just smiled. Shin pulled out from under one of his shelves a box. Masterfully crafted, with the picture of a shield with a heart at it's very center.

"Here you go young lady." Shin handed the box to the elf, as Richard laid a bag of gold pieces on the table. "That box will open up when a certain time comes. What that time will be, well lets just say it's a surprise." The man winked.

"Thank you Shin." Richard nodded. He looked over at the town square noting that the musicians their instruments.were getting ready for a certain song. A high paced song. A song which played when twilight fell upon the festival grounds.
"Its time." Richard smile. Bowing down deeply, he offered his hand to the Elven maiden. "Well lady Elina, Will you allow me the pleasure of having this first dance?"

Elina peered at the interestingly crafted box before picking it up. She had no idea what it did, or what its purpose was but it was lovely and she found herself touched by the gesture. Gently stroking the sides she slipped it into the well hidden pocket of her dress so as not to loose it.

The young elf was nervous and every time someone brushed her she tensed unexpectedly. She was not use to such crowds; generally she tended to avoid them. However she managed to keep herself from running back into the castle by holding tightly to the Knight and reminding herself no one was going to hurt her.

A bright smile made its way to her face and she nodded. “I’d love to dance with you.” The pair made their way to the group of patrons moving into the center of town for the dance. “Is this a special dance?” she asked over the crowds of chattering people as the first cord of the song began. She found the music struck a cord deep inside her travelled to her feet and after watching a few of the other woman she managed to get the basic steps down.

It wasn’t long before she was dancing in perfect time with Richard feeling happier then she had in a long time. Her hair had fallen from its braid to wisp around her face and her cheeks were flushed with excretion. It turned out he’d been right Elves had a natural sense of rhythm. She was comforted by his continued presence; as far as humans went he was an amazing man. Caring, King and quite brave, he’d seen her naked at managed to not take advantage of her. It made her smile knowing that a place such as this exsisted.

She was elegant and graceful like many of the other elven women he had danced with. However of all the elven woman he had the joy of gazing upon, she was the most beautiful he had soon. As the music died down and the crowd began to clap, he grabbed her hand and gently guided her to the nearest stand. Which fortunately turned out to be a stand selling small jogs of pumpkin juice, and ale.

"I see the fair elf has fully enjoyed her herself." He chuckled taking note of her unbraided hair and her crimson colored cheeks. She looked absolutely adorable with her hair down. "Perhaps a drink to help ease the body.". The knight then turned to the merchant and asked for to cups of ale. The merchant nodded and before the warrior knew it, the two cups were poured and placed in his hands. Giving the other cup to Elina, she beckoned her to walk with him.
"Festivals main spectacle won't be starting for an hour. Let me show you a great spot where we can see it." He said with a smile. Finishing his drink he gently placed his arm around her, and guided her to a path near the castle. As they were walking several of people greeted him and Elina politely. Some of them even Gave Elina a welcoming smile. Oh how he'd hoped she'd travel with him and the rest of the town once things went south.

"Ah we're here! Malek would normally kill me for going into his garden, but you have to see it!" Richard spoke excitedly. It really was the Garden seemed more then a garden really. It was more like a farm field. It was adorned with rows and rows of roses of different varieties. At this time night had fallen and the moon light saw fit to shone it's light upon the field. Certain roses among the field began to react once the light of the moon struck them. Some of the roses began changing color while others began to sparkle like sunlight striking water in a particular way. Of course there were more then just roses. There were apple trees all around, and even berry bushes at the different corners of the garden. At the center of this field was a wooden bench.

"Well what do you think? A great place is it not?"

“I’ve never felt so free.” She exclaimed as they made their way to the vendor. “Dancing is a wonderful ritual. It’s not wonder so many of my people try to sneak into human towns during their celebrations.” Taking the ale she sipped it and sighed as the warmth trickled down her throat. It was nice to relax after such an enchanting dance moments ago. Somehow she had the oddest desire to kiss him; there really was no reason for it. It wasn’t as though he was attracted to her she told herself for the tenth time. He was merely being a good host to his guest.

Curiously she followed after him gasping as they came across the vast garden. “Oh my such rare flowers!” Running foreword she gently cradled the glowing roses before moving to the one that changed colors. “I’ve not seen flowers like these since I was a child. They’re common in the royal gardens of the elven capitals, one of the few things queens tend to themselves my mother always told me.” Inhaling the sweet scents on the night air she walked ahead of him heading to the bench.

“So what is the main event of this festival of yours?” she question as she finally sat down. “Will there be fireworks? Or perhaps some complex magic show? I’ve always liked fireworks but they’re so loud.” Turning to him she smiled slightly. “Thank you for taking me to your festival by the way, so far it’s been quite a bit of fun. I enjoyed the dancing.” She took another sip of ale before relaxing and gazing up at the sky. It was nice, this garden, she decided. It made her feel so at peace which was something she hadn’t felt since she was a young child and it was partially due to Richard she expected.

A smile and a light chuckle reached his face as he watched Elina running forward and gazing the flowers and roses. To him her presence was something absolutely refreshing. A great part of him felt elated that the girl was finally experiencing some peace after so harsh a time.
"Our orcish priest does tend to travel a lot. He is a very avid gardener so he'll take every opportunity to procure seeds and flowers and bring them back here to cultivate them."
As she was gazing lovingly at a flower, the dark haired knight could not help but gaze at her with a look of longing and contentment. He hadn't really felt contentment in a long time. Not since his first fiance was assassinated by a envious and bigoted noble in the court. The girl in question was also an elf. Perhaps, in the back of his mind, he made up for her death by saving this girl from a similar fate. Looking at Elina, the knight finally came to a decision that has been nagging at his subconscious.

"A combination of fire works and magic. I just established good ties with the Emerald Star Empires nobility and middle class and as a show of generosity and friendship they actually sent in some of their best entertainers." Richard responded finishing the last of his ale. When she finally sat down he shot her another pleseant smile, his expression turning a little serious for a moment.
"I'd like to think you for coming here with me. With your expereince with some of the villages of this kingdom I know it could not have been easy to traverse among the crowds of people, even if the people consisted of other races. It was a true pleasure coming with you and to be perfectly honest I haven't had this much fun in ages. I always call it an early night when festivities like this happen." Placing his cup down, he looked at her and gave her his first true smile. "So Again, Thank You."

When he had finished, the bells in town square began to ring. His eyes widened in enjoy at the sound. "It's about to start look at the sky carefully." From the town, streams of light could be seen shooting in the sky. The starry night soon found it's self brightened with coloforful explosions which took on the shapes and figures. Most notabllty though the shapes that were formed did not disappear. Instead the fire work that was shaped like a dragon. Began flying around two roaring joyfully. Another fire work came, and a tiger soon joined the dragon. The creatures made of light soon began to chase each other around the sky.With a little time the tiger and the dragon faded away. Soon to be replaced wit other animals made of the fire works light.

"Told you it would be quite the show." Richard spoke excitedly as the fire works continued it's onslaught of entertainment. As the last of the fire works faded away. The warrior turned to Elina. He watched her carefully, admiring how the moonlight seemed to magnify her beauty.
"You may have heard this before, But I really do think you are beautiful." He said slowly. He placed his hand on to one of her own hands. He hoped he wasn't being to forward. He really was interested, and wondered if she was interested to. The time was now. He was ready to move forward. " I'd be happy if you were to stay with me and everyone here..." His inched closer and closer. His heart beating rapidly. It was his deepest wish that she'd return those feelings. " I really like you..."

Back
Top Bottom