Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is that you..? [Shattered x Atlas]

Shattered

Planetoid
Black heels clacked against pavement as I headed into town. These were the rare occasions I actually dressed up. To go to a bar. To have fun. Actually enjoy myself, for once. But yet again, I was going alone. But I knew all the locals, so I'd find someone to sit with - if not, Luca the bartender would probably strike up a conversation. Oh gawd, Luca had gotten me through a lot. The town in which I lived in was Rookland, quite rural and friendly, but once you got to the inner suburbs, the town area with the big buildings everything changed. Sluts, gangs, rapists.. but I knew the best bar in town. Red's. I fucking loved the place, it was brilliant. And even better, there was a fresh group or face every week who played songs to entertain us.

As I took the shortcuts to the bar, I found myself remembering high school. It was 4 years since I had graduated, and I still remember those friends whom I had treasured so closely. Particularly my best friend. God knows where he was now.. But he had had a knack for music. I headed into the bar, the music and chattering seeming so loud to the quiet streets outside. I straightened my short, tight-fitting, strapless deep red dress and adjusted the thick black material belt that wrapped around my waist. I slid onto a seat, smirking as Luca already started pouring the usual.

'Tayla, my love!' he chuckled, sliding the alchohol towards me. "How you going, Luca?" I asked, settling back in my stool as I watched him. "The usual, and you, love?" he asked me. "The usual," I replied, and we both chuckled, shaking our heads. I peered up at the stage as a band came on, but I found myself sitting there in dead silence, lost for words as I so closely remembered one of the members of the band..
Could it be him?

--

Tayla Sano's appearance is she has hair of a very dark brown tinged red, appearing a maroon-brown. It falls to past her shoulders, with a side fringe. Her eyes are a dark ebony, and her skin quite pale. She stands at around 5"5, and she is a stunner xD

Oh, and by the way, your character can be any of the members - singer, drummer, guitarist, etc..

Masahiro began to check on his band quietly as they took the stage. He checked absolutely everything. Even things that weren't his. He just had to make every performance perfect, or he would mope for days. After he was satisfiex he took center stage and nodded to his guitarist. He began the opening riff to their first song, a gentle one by the name of "I'm alive." Originally performed by Kenny Chesney.

He never bothered checking the Crowd though. Even though this WAS his hometown, he was pretty sure that all of the friends he accumulated in high school had moved away.He did, however, wonder where his favorite of them all ended up.

Tayla.

She was the closest friend he ever had, and was extremely reluctant to let her go. But, his dreams came first in his mind, and they eventually prevailed. He wondered if she'd be able to recognize him. He was much taller, a little over 6 foot. His messy brown hair had grown out a bit as well, draping into his face a bit when moved right. His voice was much deeper as well, but one thing did stay the same. His eyes. They were still the same shade of deep blue that they were when he was born, and they were filled with even more emotion and passion than ever before.

He began his vocal piece, his deep, attracting voice reaching even the darkest corners of the bar with practiced ease, as he began to pour his heart and soul into the words.

"Tayla...?" after a few seconds of me sitting in a trance, Luca spoke. He waved a hand in front of my face. "Tayla, you there? Hello..? Knock knock.. Tay-" "Yes?" I said, turning to him so quickly he jumped. "You alright?" he asked. "I'm not sure," I frowned. Was that really Masahiro? Could it really be him? The voice was deeper, yes, and he was a lot taller. But those eyes, I could still see those eyes of his. Deep blue, and full of every emotion he had held.

I sat there, listening to his wonderful voice, the very one I had fallen in love with those years back. But I'd never had told him that he was the one I had wanted for so long. Would he notice me? What was I supposed to do? Sit here and wait?

I had changed, too. My hair was a lot shorter than it had been. It used to be waist length, and was always held in a ponytail. Tonight it was held in a side parted ponytail. I was still the same height I had been ever since I was 12. Just before I reached my teens I grew to 5"5, and stood above most. But then I didn't grow at all, and watched as many grew taller than me around me, and I no longer was tall. My eyes were the same, the same large dark dark brown that appeared black.

I peered back to Luca and frowned. "I think I love him Luca. But I haven't seen him in years.." I said idly, not looking at him from the bar bench, but still watching the handsome man on stage. "That isn't Masahiro, is it?" he asked, and I nodded once. I'd probably talked about him a hundred times. I told everything to Luca.

His voice began to gain a bit of volume, as it usually did when he reached a chorus. He never really needed a microphone though, his voice was loud when he wanted it to be, and it carried far. He fell into a trance-like state soon after, his body making sweeping motions that seemed to call forth any who saw them. His mind was immersed in the music, and this was easily seen to any with eyes.

However, this song is not long, so it was over quickly. He came down from his unintentional high hard, panting a bit. His team gave him a bit of time to rest between each song so he could catch his breath. They knew how winded he could get in longer songs. He walked down from the stage after an announcement of a five-minute intermission, and sat at the bar, asking for some water. He looked around after sating some fans who offered him compliments, not able to place anyone at the time. He soon received his water, and downed the entire glass in one go. He proceeded to relax, and calm his heart from its breakneck pace.

I sighed, almost longingly, as I rested my elbow on the bar bench, chin in my hand. I twitched in anxiety, not knowing what to do. It was incredible to see him here - we'd gone our separate ways years ago. He must have become part of a travelling band. I peered to Luca with a soft smile, then looking back to him and admiring the beautiful voice that rang out around the bar. It was astonishing. He announced that he was having a break, and sat down on the empty stall right next to me and ordered a glass of water. He obviously hadn't noticed me yet, as I was turned the other way. I was trying to gain enough strength to turn and look at him.

"Masahiro?"

I finally said, fidgeting as I turned and looked at him with my incredibly dark eyes. My face was filled with both anxiety and excitement. I was worried if he'd actually recognise me. But boy did I recognise him.

His eyes widened at the mention of his name. He never said it on stage. This person must know him. He turned quickly, and things began to slow as recognition slowly set into place.

He knew the smell that this woman exuded. It was light, but prominent. Wildflowers.
He knew her face, soft and warm. The kind of thing that you were just tempted to reach for and touch, even though it could never be yours.
He knew her eyes, the same chocolate brown that he had known from his childhood. The same eyes that would always make him smile when he saw them. Right then, a name came to mind.

"Tayla."

My brow furrowed as I waited - hoped - that he would recognise me. I blinked as his eyes stared into mine, and then he spoke.
"Tayla."

A full grin spread out onto my lips and I practically leaped into a hug, my arms wrapping around his shoulders. "Oh, Masahiro.." I said into his shoulder, so it was muffled. I closed my eyes, not really wanting to let go..
I hadn't seen him in what seemed like forever. And boy did I miss us. We were inseparable - the inside jokes, the pissing ourselves with laughter at the smallest things...

(Sorry...College swamped me HARD. Hope ya forgive me? :3)

He was a bit surprised when she suddenly glomped him, but it only took him a fraction of a second to respond in kind. He embraced her back with much fervor, his face dug into the crook of her neck. As he almost shed a tear, he noticed that she still used the kind of shampoo he liked. It didnt have a very strong scent. It was the kind that you couldnt smell unless you were extremely close. He loved it.

"Tayla...I missed you babe... How have you been? It's been years..."

(It's alright xD)

I sighed as I hugged him rather tightly. I pulled back, beaming as I looked into his eyes.
"Oh, man, I've missed you too. I've been pretty good, I s'pose," I replied with a nod as I looked at every detail of him. His eyes, his hair, what he wore.. and his lips. Yes, his lips.
"What about you, how have you been?"

"Well, you know me. I'm a dreamer, so I had to run off and do my own thing. Ran away high so I couldn't come home low kind of thing. Its fun though. Best time of my life. What have you been up to?"

He flashed a wide smile, wanting to let her know that he still annoyingly references things, but now that he is an adult, they actually make some sense from time to time. He began to look her over with a hint of curiosity, acknowledging that she truly has grown up from when he last saw her. Her body filled out nicely, her voice is much more feminine, and yet, her eyes are still the same. He chuckled inwardly at the irony that they both aged similarly, providing an even bigger link between eachother that has been shared since childhood.

I listened to him as he spoke, still using the way he referred to things. It made me smile, remembering our lives in high school. "Well, I'm assistant chef at a diner in town.." I smirked. Typical of me, working with food. "But it's awesome, you should head down there sometime," I said, peering at him with sparking interest.

It was difficult seeing him, at the same time. I'd been in love with him for years now - it hurt, almost, sitting here with the man I'd longed for but never could have.

"Oh! Of course! I've always loved your cooking."

He smiled lightly, his mind slowly but surely moving to her beautiful body, reminding him of one of the many reasons he fell in love with her. He knew it was agonizing, seeing a woman he has loved for years now, but he knew that she could never be his. She must be in a relationship by now. She is too good of a woman to pass up.

[Sorry for the late reply. To be honest I forgot :/]

I beamed, glad to hear that he had loved my cooking. I smiled softly, looking over him, my mind moving at a hundred miles per hour. Surely he had someone, someone that loved him like I did. He was too good for me, too handsome, too smart, too funny. He was everything I could never have.

"So, is there any special someone in your life?" I winked.

He sighed gently, rubbing the bridge of his nose with his thumb and forefinger gently.

" There was once, but it didn't end well. All she did was use and abuse me. Heh, I'm such a sucker for romance, I even fell for someone like her... What about yourself? Surely you have at least 20 guys riding your coattails about now."

He gave a gentle smile, memories of his previous abusive relationship with a girl named Caitlyn resurfacing and making their presence known. His face fell slightly hut he tried his best to cover it up. No use looking weak in front of his oldest friend right now.

(Lol s'all good. It happens. :)

I frowned, resting a hand on his knee in a comforting way. "Don't worry, if that cow bothers you again.. tell me."

I pursed my lips slightly when he asked about myself. I'd had the odd fling, but most of the time I'd been riding solo. "Well, actually, I've only had a few here and there, none really working out," I replied, watching him and how his face fell slightly. If I could, I'd just hold him there and comfort him, comfort the man I loved.

"Oh. Tis a shame. Such beauty is wasted on something like the odd fling."

He was taken aback, suddenly, bringing his chivalrous side into check for now. He didn't wanna be a Knight, and frighten her off.

He took a small note at the faraway look that she got in her eyes when she mentioned her past flings, but didn't pay it much mind, as it simply showed that she was still seriously looking, and that she just had a daydream, most likely on topic.

Being a fair bit bold, he decided to take her hand in his, and pull her into another close hug.
"I have nothing else to do tonight, why not spend it together, for old times sake?"

(Such drama in life, that made it so I could not come on here in 5 months. College, people dying, partying, and all that jazz. I will be on her constantly for now tho. )

Back
Top Bottom