Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In the King's service (wolvenrogue and nightsorceress)

The king was stunned and confused, surely Lillian didnt think he could not afford a ring for her daughter. I must be a custom of theirs. He took the ring and thanked her, then said "Lillian we seemed to have started off badly. I want you and Liam to know that I have the highest respect for your kingdom and customs, and I want to honor them in evey way. I would only ask the same courtesy from you. We should not judge each other, but rather have respect for one another's differences. After all we share one important thing, true love for the most beautiful woman in the world, your daughter. If it is your custom that such a family heirloom is passed on in this way, I would be honored to do so.

Lillian nodded a little bit. "we shall try to have a better understanding of each other." Lillian smiled a little. "as for the ring, if you would like to give it to her you can, if not then i can give it to her one day." With that Lillian took her leave. Letting him have time get ready for the day.

Robert ate the food he was provided and got himself dressed and cleaned up. then he walked across the hall and knocked on Aurora's door. He had her grandmother's ring in his pocket, and he waited for her to answer the door, hoping she was awake. They really needed to talk alone, Aurora had so many doubts. Robert was resolved in what he wanted. the question in his mind was how to convince his bride that her fears would be taken care of.

He waited several minutes for an answer to his knock with out a word from aurora, and turned to go back to his room.

Aurora was still a sleep she was tired for the day before. But after a few moments of knocking stopping Aurora grumbled and got out of bed and went to the door. She opened and saw Robert heading into his room. "Robert were you knocking?" she questioned softly as she yawned. She still had sleepiness in her eyes.

Robert turned and answered her "Yes I was, I didn't mean to wake you, your mother said it would be alright to knock. We have a lot to talk about but you are still pretty sleepy. I'll just wait till your fully awake. he walked over to her and kissed her gently. "I love you" he said. Robert turned and walked back to his room. You can find me here when you are ready. He went in his room and sat in the chair and waited. As he sat there and considered the last two day and how he had come to be in this situation. In the end he couldn't see how he might have avoided what happened.

Aurora wanted to tell him it was alright he could stay but he moved into his room before she had a chance. She disappeared into her room. She changed into a form fitting dress and pulled her hair back in a loose pony tail. She looked herself over she still looked tired but figured that would wear off as she was awake. She went to his room and knocked on the door gently.

Robert opened the door. "Come in", he said. There was only one chair so he had her sit on the bed. This had been a difficult week for him, and he didn't want to say the wrong thing. His whole life was hanging in the balance. For him she was all there was to life. Her and his responsibility to his country. Nothing else. How could he make her see that. He was worried, but he had to try.

"Have you had time to think?" he asked her. "tell me how you are feeling?"

Aurora entered the room and took a seat in the chair. she looked at him and drew a deep breath. "I am still worried about the things we talked about last night, however i am just as worried about loosing you. I love you Robert, and I want to be with you as long as what you make what you said last night a reality." Aurora bit her lip a moment nervous to what he would say.

Robert could hear the hesitation in her voice. It scared him. He wanted her to feel the same unreserved love that he did. But it seemed that she was still hanging on to her security blanket. "My dear Aurora, I am a mere man not God. I can only tell you my sincere intentions. Love hopes and believes all things. Can't you hope and believe in me? I hope and believe in you. What do you want of me to prove it? Must i leave my kingdom behind and come with you here?

Aurora looked down a little. Why was this so hard for her, she thought to herself that maybe she didn't love him as much as thought, but then shook that thought from her mind. She looked at him she was struggling with tears once again. she told herself she could not let herself cry today. "we both know you can not do that. I hate myself for all this, but I don't know why i am so afraid to leave this place and my family behind again. Perhaps it was because the first time i left was not by choice, the first time i left i endured years of hell, a living hell that i don't know if you will ever understand. And now i am back in the only place i have ever been truly happy, yes of course i am very happy with you, but every experience i have had with you it has been in secret. I guess maybe it tough for me not to be afraid. And i know you will never hurt me, and i know you will do your best to ensure i am safe and happy, but your world have scarred me deeper than i think i even understand"

Robert hung his head... he could not correct the damage a harsh world had done. Life seemed hopeless at that moment. " my dear I don't want it to be a secret any longer. The secret was only to protect you. Don't you see? I want to bring you home in glory not as a servant but as my queen!, my bride, MY LOVE. But love can only be given. It cannot be taken by force. as you were the first time. I give you my love with all that I have. I've come here where my title means nothing. I have submitted to others I didn't even know. Unthinkable for a king, but done for you. I would do it again in a minute. I ask but one thing ... love me enough to take the risk, and marry me." He reached in his pocket and held out the ring her mother had given him.

Aurora listen to his words. "I Do love you Robert I never questioned that for a moment. I know your the man i want to be with its just everything that comes along with loving you." She paused a moment and swallowed hard. "I don't want to loose you, but if your willing to understand that this will not be easy for me, that i might have times where i feel like i am not going to surive in your world then yes i will marry you, if that is to much I am sorry" She bit her lip it was her only solution to her problem. maybe with his understanding and patient it might be ok in the end, but if dealing with her insecurities and running his country was to much for him she would have to understand that.

Robert nearly collapsed at her words, but pulled her into his arms." I know you will be insecure. Who wouldn't. " He took her hand in his and slipped her grandmother ring on her finger. "This was from your mother on such a day he said. You shall have one from me as well when we are home. I love you my dear, I always will. Lets go out and tell our friends. Yes I did say our friends, for they are mine now too."

He stood and offered her his arm. "are you ready my queen?" he said with a bow.

Aurora looked at the ring on her finger for a long moment. She remebered her grandmother wearing it, she thought it had been buried with her. She then looked up at him a long moment. She rose with him but stopped before the could get to the door. She smiled and kissed him deeply and passionately. "I love you, and i hope no matter what the future brings us you will remember that always and forever."

"I will my dear, I will" he walked Aurora out and down stairs, his head held high. They made a lovely couple and he beamed as he watched her match him step for step. when they stepped out of the house, the news must have somehow preceded them for when they stepped out the door, the lawn was filled with well wishers and at the head of the line were Liam and Lilly. Robert smiled and hugged them and said "Mom, Dad, thank you for creating such a wonderful daughter." He kissed Aurora deeply. "Tell me how many days celebration are their for a wedding here?" he asked her smiling.

Aurora walked with him down the stairs to meet with her parents to let them know the happy news however it looked as though it had already gotten out. She hugged her parents and as she did Robert asked about being married here. "Robert really we can be married here" Aurora and to him kissing him passionately before letting go.

Lillian smiled. "we would need a few days to be ready, perhaps 2, and then the celebration can last a day or so so we would roughly need 4 days" Lillian didn't know if that was do able for the king but she hoped it would be.

Robert smiled, That's more than fine lets take a week and really celebrate. Could someone fetch my driver for me? I will need some things from home. So perhaps we can have the wedding in 3 days and celebrate for four? what do you think. He kissed Lilly on the cheek. Will that work?

Lillian smiled. "That would be more than enough time." she then hugged him "Thank you" she whispered in his ear. She then stepped back and looked around, "alright we will be having a wedding in 3 days. Lets get to work. Aurora and Robert you can take some time to your selves to celebrate but then i will need Aurora for a time"

They walked through the huge crowd of friends hugging and shaking hands, then after an hour, Robert pulled her aside. "Thank you for trusting me my dear" he said. I may not always be perfect but I promise you my best what ever my circumstance. He walked her out beyond the celebration and sat on a log, and pulled her into his lap. " I just want an hour to kiss you my love" and that's what they did. For an hour he smothered her in kisses, Then smiling he got up. Isee my driver is here and your mother will be waiting. Now be off! he said with a huge smile.

Robert called his driver over. I will require all of miladies dresses, and my finest suit, but also a simple jerkin and soft leather shoes, and one other thing, in my safe there is a ring. and 100 pounds of gold, bring them both and guard them, especially the ring with your life. I expect you and these things here day after tomorrow without fail.

Aurora enjoyed her time with Robert alone, but knew she had to go help her mother. She kissed him before returning to the house. There she was fitted for her wedding dress. She picked out a ivory white fabric that will have silver accents on it.

The wedding preparation was eviddent throughout the kingdom, and the big day finally arrived. Robert dressed in his finest clothing and wore his formal Crown. he slipped the ring in his doublette pocket. and had the gold in a ornate chest made ready on a wagon. He sat in the parlor of Aurora's house waiting for the ceremony to begin, and talked with Leam. "Well Leam, I hope you feel better about this now than on our first meeting." Leam smiled and said coily, "my daughter does, and that sir is what counts" Robert agreed.

Aurora was with her mother getting ready. She slipped on her wedding gown, it looked beautiful on her. It showed the curve of her body but at the same time it looked elegant on her. Her hair was done up, with some soft ringlets falling free. She made her way from the room to the lawn where the ceremony was to take place. Before she knew she was walking down the isle and he was standing there at the end waiting for her.

Robert watched as she approached him on her father's arm, her lavender eyes gleeming. He extended a hand to accept her from her father and they faced the priest and took their vows. He reached in his doblette pocket and took out the ring. it was pure white gold, studed with arternating diamons and amethysts matching the sparkle of her eyes. He slipped it on her finger.
He stopped the ceremony and had the wagon pulled to the front and presented the 100Lbs of gold to her father. This is for your kingdom. It is but a small token. for what you have given me is 1000 times more valuable. He kissed Aurora and the crowd cheered.

Aurora the whole ceremony her heart did not stop racing, she was almost his a few words and she would be his. She then recieved the ring and she couldn't believe how lovely it was. Just as the finale words were to be spoken and they would be married her stopped the ceremony. She wondered what he was thinking. But then smiled. Finally the finale words were spoken and she was his.

Robert beamed at his new bride as the walked down the aisle. They stood in a reception line for what seemed hours, and finally they could relax and enjoy the party. He whisked his bride into his arms and carried her up to her room. The she saw laid out the simple party outfit she had worn the night she arrived, and next to it a simple leather outfit for him. "I want to celebrate with your people in a way they will accept us as is your custom. Shall we get out of this finery, and have some fun?" he asked. He helped her out of her dress and then stripped himself. As they stood naked before each other he kissed her deeply. Then they dressed one another and joined their party.

Back
Top Bottom