Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Who wants a free rainbow bracelet?

Shovel

Supernova
http://www.rainbowdelegation.org/

*The rainbow delegation is a rapidly growing movement.
*Our goal is to demonstrate our support for the LGBTQ community.
*Our group is diverse, encompassing people of all ages, races, and sexual orientations.
*The rainbow wristband is a visual, powerful, and recognizable symbol.
*We wear these wristbands, not for fashion, nor as a fund-raiser for any particular agenda, but rather simply to be seen.
*They reach out to youth desperately needing to feel that they belong.

Q: Are the wristbands free?
A: Yes, every person who supports the cause and desires a wristband is given one free, including shipping costs. So far, The Rainbow Delegation has distributed more than 75,000 wristbands to supporters in 66 countries. That being said, in order to continue to provide wristbands free, funding must come from other sources. Your wristband is completely free. However, if you are able to sponsor wristbands for other people who might not otherwise be able to receive one, please consider doing so.

Q: Do you ship internationally?
A: Yes. Anyone, anywhere in the world is able to request a wristband and receive it as long as this movement is able to continue.

Q: Does wearing a Rainbow Delegation wristband mean that I am gay?
A: No. All that wearing this wristband means is that you are someone safe and supportive of the LGBTQ community. There are tens of thousands of straight allies wearing their wristband to show their support. Wearing the wristband identifies you as someone safe to talk to and that you accept and support everyone regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity.

Q: Does it matter which wrist I wear it on? Does it signify anything?
A: No. Either wrist is fine, or both! There is no additional meaning other than that you are someone who supports the LGBTQ community.

Q: Why don't you sell the wristbands and use the money to buy more wristbands?
A: There are 2 main reasons that wristbands are given free. The first is that this movement is not about money. It is not a fundraiser. The entire purpose is to allow people a means to visually support the LGBTQ community in a way that can impact lives, possibly even save them. The second reason is that there are many people, especially youth, who are not able to pay for the costs of a wristband and shipping. Perhaps they cannot afford it or their family is not supportive of their wish to wear a wristband. Providing wristbands free enables anyone to make a positive difference to the people in their area, no matter their financial situation or their location.

Q: By requesting a wristband, am I enrolling in any sort of membership or becoming officially involved in any sort of organization?
A: No. The Rainbow Delegation is not an organization with memberships and dues or anything more complicated than the simple act of wearing a rainbow-colored wristband in a visual show of support for the LGBTQ community. By requesting a wristband, all you are doing is taking a stand against intolerance and becoming a beacon of acceptance and love. All that is asked of you is that you pledge to wear your wristband daily, because that is what is going to make a difference to people.

Q: After I request a wristband, is any of my personal information shared or sold?
A: No, all information submitted is used solely for the purposes of getting you a wristband and keeping you updated on The Rainbow Delegation. Nothing is shared with outside organizations or companies.

Back
Top Bottom