Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Day Before You (closed for MoonlightRomance and Josu_T)

When Tim pulled the blankets up so that they covered the both of them, Roxanne used it as an excuse to be as close to him as possible without either one of them being uncomfortable. She moved back, so that not only her back was touching his chest, but that most of her body was touching his. Once getting into a comfortable position after moving Roxanne smiled as Tim kissed her, she was slower to respond to his kisses than usual, that being proof of how tired she was. Roxanne already had her eyes closed and was being to doze off in his arms. "Good night, my soul mate." She was able to to say in a tone slightly above a whisper, not really expecting a response as he shut his eyes and began to allow himself to drift off to sleep. For Roxanne tonight hadn't been one of the best nights, it had been the best night of her life and the only close second was the night she had met him, when the two of them were just little kids. Almost as if they were somehow connected mentally, Roxanne's dreams were about their future, too. Each one was different and most of them took place years from now, when they were both out of college and had jobs, but the thing that connected all of them was that they were still happily in love. The next morning when Tim awoke, Roxanne was still asleep in his arms with the same blissful smile on her face that was there when she had fallen asleep.

After a little time spent just laying there with her he slowly slid out of bed. He yawned and stretched, waking himself up more. It felt a bit cold there in the room. He pulled on some sweatpants and a shirt. Then he went over to the window and opened the blinds. The morning sun was nowhere to be seen. Up in the sky there were dark clouds blocking the light. He looked down and suddenly felt as if he was on the first floor. Snow was piled up high all around. It seemed as if the entire ground floor of the house was swallowed up or the house had sunk down into the ground. More snow was still falling. It was amazing. He went over to the bed and leaned down, kissing Roxy softly a few times until she woke up. Once he saw her eyes open he smiled at her. "Good morning beautiful. I hope you don't mind spending a lot more time with me for a few days. It looks like we might be snowed in."

When Tim slowly slid out of bed Roxanne remained asleep, being kept warm by the cocoon of blankets that were wrapped around her. When Tim moved over to the window and opened the blinds after slipping into a pair of sweatpants and shirt, Roxanne stirred a bit as the little light that was outside entered the room but she quickly fell back asleep. Of course, she was clueless to the fact that the two of them were now snowed in. When he walked over to the bed and leaned down, using kisses to wake her, Roxanne finally stirred when he was kissing her for the third time. She was glad Tim was the first thing she saw waking up and she smiled back at him sleepily, still half asleep. "Morning, my love." She said, moving one of her hands out from under the covers to take his. "You know I don't mind, as far as I'm concerned it can snow forever." She said, squeezing his hand gently. "Besides, Christmas is the day after tomorrow and it'll be our first one as a couple." Roxy added, the sleepy smile never leaving her face.

He smiled and held her hand. He moved to join her on the bed again, resting an arm over top of her. He didn't say anythings at first, he just kissed her a few times. Then he pulled back a bit and finally spoke softly. "I am really looking forward to spending Christmas with you. This time together is going to be wonderful. I'm glad your parents went away. We get all this time together alone." He smiled and kissed her again. Then he started to get up. "You take your time getting up if you want. I'm going to go make us some breakfast. When you get downstairs I will have some food ready."

Roxanne watched him as he climbed into the bed, joining her once again as he rested an arm over top of her. When he he kissed her a few times Roxy kissed him back each time, finding herself a bit sad when he pulled back so that the two of them could breath and finally spoke. "I am too, my love. This time together will be amazing, just being able to shut the world out and focus on you and I." Roxy said, finding herself never wanting her parents to come home just so she could spend forever with Tim. Roxanne smiled against his lips when he kissed her again, then when he started to get up she took his hand gently, just using enough strength to keep him from going too far and she treated him to a tender, loving kiss before letting his hand go. "Okay." She said, letting him go to make breakfast although she hated being away from him. "I'll be down as soon as I get dressed." She said to him. Then, after watching him leave the room and hearing his feet hit the stairs, Roxy finally got up out of bed. Like Tim, once she was up and the blankets were no longer keeping her warm, she realized just how cold it was. Roxanne slipped into a pair of pajama bottoms that were black and had grey wolves on them and a t-shirt that had two wolf pups on it. Roxanne then left the room, walking down the stairs and into the kitchen. Roxy smiled, seeing him at the stove, she walked over, careful not to startle him and hugged him from behind. "Need any help, my love?" She asked, speaking softly into his ear.

Tim left the room and went downstairs to the kitchen. He quickly moved around the kitchen getting thigns out to make them some food. He decided to just make some eggs, toast, and bacon. He got the pans on the stove and let them heat up. He was getting the eggs ready in a bowl next to the stove when Roxanne joined him. He smiled at feeling her body behind him and her arms around him. He turned his head to face her and kissed her softly. "If you want to make the toast, you can do that, but this shouldn't take long. We will have breakfast soon." He looked back at the pans and then put the bacon in one and some oil in the other. Once he had made sure the entire pan was slick he put the eggs into it and let them start cooking.

When he turned his head and kissed her softly, Roxanne kissed him back. "Okay, I'll do that." Roxanne said, moving away long enough from Tim long enough to get the bread and take out four slices, two for each of them and stick them in the toaster. While she waited for it to be done she went over to the fridge getting the butter out for their toast. While she was over there she also got the orange juice out for the two of them so that they had something to drink with breakfast and sat it on the counter. While over in that area she reached into the cupboard, getting cups down for their drinks, two small paper saucers for their toast and two plates for the rest of their food. She then moved the orange juice carton and two cups over to the table before taking the butter, the plates, and paper saucers with her back over to the toaster. On her way there she sat the two plates on the counter next to the stove so that they were there for Tim to distribute the food when it was done. She then went to the toaster, sitting the butter and saucers on the counter before reaching into the silverware drawer for a butter knife. When the toast was finally done and popped up out of the toaster she put two on each saucer, buttering them and then cutting each slice in half diagonally. Roxanne then took the two saucers over to the table and placed them each at a seat before putting the butter knife in the sink and closing up the butter before putting it back into the fridge. She then walked back over to Tim and kissed him on the cheek. "I'd say we make a pretty good team, don't you?" She asked into his ear. "Now, how much juice do you want?"

Tim focused on the food that was cooking. He made sure it didn't burn. He could hear Roxanne moving around the kitchen behind him. She was clearly doing more than he had thought. It didn't bother him. When the eggs and bacon were finished he turned off the burners and put the food on the plates. He then got the pans in the sink and started them soaking with soap right away so they would be easy to clean after they ate. He smiled at Roxy and pulled her close for a kiss. When that kiss broke he looekd into her eyes. "We make a great team." He went with her to take a seat at the table. He looked at the juice and shrugged. "I guess I'd like a full glass." He was happy there. He knew that this would likely happen a lot in their future, but sitting down to a meal with her was just a wonderful feeling.

As Tim was done preparing their breakfast she was on her way to the table, trying to think if there was anything that Tim might want her to do as he finished cooking for them. Of course, when he pulled her close for a kiss, she was pulled away from those thoughts. Roxanne kissed him in return, her hands placed on either side of his face as she did. Then, when the kiss broke and he looked into her eyes, she looked into his. Seeing all the love within them that had been there last night. As he lead them over to the table she walked with him, her hand in his. Before she took a seat, though, she poured both of them a full glass of orange juice. She handed him his and placed her's beside her plate, leaving the carton on the table in case either of them wanted more. She then took a seat across from him, looking over at him. "You're a fantastic cook, my love." She complimented him. She then offered her hand to him so that as they ate, they could hold hands.

He smiled and took her hand. He started to eat with just one hand. He wasn't going to let go of her hand as long as he had the chance to hold it. He started with his toast and finished that fairly quickly. Then he worked on his eggs and bacon. He drank some juice every so often. During the meal his eyes rarely left his girlfriend. She made him extremely happy and even a meal with few words spoken was something amazing. He felt very relaxed with her. When he finished the meal he leaned across the table to kiss her tenderly. "I love you." He couldn't think of anything else to say.

Roxanne smiled when he took her hand as she offered it to him and started to eat, unlike him she stared with her bacon and eggs before going to her toast, like him, though she would drink some juice every few minutes or so. During the meal she would look at him as she ate, her eyes not leaving him, almost as if she thought that if she looked away he would disappear into thin air. Although little words were spoken as the two of them ate, it made her feel completely relaxed and happy, like this was how things were supposed to be. She was done eating soon after him and when he leaned across the table to kiss her, she kissed him back. "I love you too." She said, pulling away from him long enough to pick up her glass and plate. "Now, how about we get these dishes done and then go cuddle on the couch?"

He nodded and then cleared the table. It didn't take long at all to get the dishes done. He was glad that there was still power in the house. He was worried that the snow might cause some issues with power. He looked at Roxy and thought about what they would do if they lost power. He realised they would need some firewood. He knew exactly where it was in her yard, it was just a matter of getting to it. "I think we should prepare in case the snow creates problems. I'm going to go out and get some firewood quickly. I will be back as soon as I can be." He kissed her cheek and then got himself bundled up as much as possible before heading to the back door.

Roxanne had helped him clean the dirty dishes before and as they cleaned up he could see he was worried but she didn't need to ask why, figuring it was about what the two of them would do if the blizzard that was going on outside shut off the power. As she listen to Tim say he was going to go gather some firewood to bring inside in case they needed it, she thought about offering to get dressed and go out with him but decided against it, knowing he would only insist that she stay inside. "Be careful out there, okay?" She asked, kissing him back before letting him go to get dressed and watching as he headed from the door. "Don't stay out there too long, Tim and if you need I'll get dressed and come out with you." She said, clearly worried.

Tim nodded at Roxy. He understood her being worried about him staying out too long. He knew where he was going. Luckily the stack of firewood was not too far from the back door. He opened it and was met with a wall of snow. It amazed him. There was enough of a gap at the top of the door fram that he could dig his way out without pulling snow into the house. He slowly cleared an area around the door. Then he figured it might be easier to go through the middle rather than clearing a massive trail. He started to dig a tunnel through the massive snow pack. He made sure it wouldn't collapse above him. He went carefully and deliberately. It didn't take him too long to get to the wood pile. He quickly started to transport a lot of the wood into the house. He got enough to last them days just in case. Once it was all inside he closed the door and was glad he had bundled up. He was also glad he had made the tunnel. The clothes and the natural insulation of the snow had kept him from getting too cold.

Roxy stood at the sliding glass door at the back of the house, watching him outside as he mad a tunnel through the snow so that he could get to the wood for the fireplace that was kept in the back yard. As she watched him she moved over to the kitchen, beginning to make some hot chocolate for the both of them so that Tim would have something warm to drink when he came back in with the firewood. When Roxanne went back to the back door to look out, she saw that he had made it to the firewood and was on his way back to the house. As he came back inside through the back door she was sitting two coffee cups full of hot chocolate on the table. She then went to him and took the fire wood, taking it into the living room and setting it by the fireplace. She then returned to him and carefully began to peel the layers of clothing off of him, knowing the sooner he got out of the wet, cold clothes he had on and into some dry, warm ones the better. She eventually had him down to the last few layers and kissed him. "Why don't you go get the rest of these wet clothes off and put on some dry ones." She said, now just worried about keeping him warm.

Tim was glad to have the firewood. There was a good stack by the fireplace. He could smell the hot chocolate that Roxy had made and smiled. She started to help him out of the layers of clothing and he let her. He returned her kiss happily and did as she said. He got down to his boxers which were still dry and then he put on some dry clothes. Once he was dressed her returned to the kitchen and kissed Roxy's cheek. "I'm glad you worry about me. It shows you care." He hugged her and then took the hot chocolate into the living room. He got comfortable on the couch and took a sip. He licked his lips and looked over at his girlfriend. This is delicious. You did a great job with it."

Roxanne smiled when Tim returned her kiss, not wanting to keep him in his wet any longer than he had to be. She watched him leave, waiting in the kitchen for his return. Once he returned, his wet clothes now replaced with dry ones, she smiled as he kissed her cheek. "I always have worried about you, as you have me." She said, hugging him back she picked up her hot chocolate and followed him into the living room, taking a seat beside him, she watched as he took a sip before licking his lips and looking over at her. "I'm glad you like it. I just thought you might want something warm when you came in from the cold." She said, leaning over and kissing him. After kissing him she moved her body over closer to his and rested her shoulder on his, wanting to cuddle with him.

Tim got settled on the couch and drank some more of his hot chocolate. As Roxanne moved in closer he wrapped an arm around her and held her close. He got nice and cuddled with her. It let him really relax and just enjoy being near her. A little while later he finished his hot chocolate and set down his empty mug. He kissed her cheek and then asked, "What should we do now? We could actually watch a movie together like we had planned to do last night. Or play a game, or whatever you feel like doing."

Roxanne smiled when Tim wrapped an around around her, holding her close when she moved close to her. Every few minutes she lifted her head from his shoulder to take a sip on her hot chocolate. When it was done she moved away from him just long enough to set her empty mug down and then returned to his side, her head rested on his shoulder. When Tim kissed her cheek she smiled. "Well, if it were completely up to me I'd be content just staying here and cuddling for the rest of the night but a movie sounds great, since last nights movie wasn't exactly us watching a movie as much as making out during it." She said with a smile before lifting her head from his shoulder and kissing him on the lips tenderly. "But tonight you're picking the movie, my love." She said, giving him another kiss.

Tim smiled and nodded. He would enjoy cuddling for a while, but he knew it might get a bit dull eventually. It wasn't even near lunch time yet. They also couldn't really leave the house very easily. They had to entertain themselves using what was in the house. He kissed her softly and got up, going to the dvd collection and picking out a romantic comedy. With a good movie in hand he got it set up and then rejoined Roxy on the couch. He pulled her as close as possible and cuddled up with her. He relaxed and felt really happy. He knew it would be great to just stay there with her and enjoy the movie. This time he had no need to feel nervous at all.

When Tim kissed her Roxanne smiled against his lips and watched as he go up. As he went over to her movie collection she took their coffee mugs that the hot chocolate she had made for them was in and took them into the kitchen. Quickly she washed the two cups before returning to the living room. She saw he was still over across the room looking at the movies and she figured he was trying to pick the right one. She took a seat where she had been sitting before quietly, in the back of her mind wandering if Tim had even noticed her move. When he returned Roxanne watched as he sat back down and when he pulled her as close as possible Roxanne nuzzled her head into his chest as he cuddled up with her. Like him, she was happy, happier than she could remember ever being and relaxed, unlike last night. "Now, before we start this movie is there anything you need to tell me, my love?" She asked jokingly before kissing him.

They were getting really comfortable. He pressed the button to start the movie and laughed at her little joke. He returned her kiss happily and then shook his head. "Don't worry, I don't have anything more to tell you. Except maybe that I love you." He smiiled, kissed her again, and then settled in to the couch so they could enjoy the movie together. He had his arm securely around her, keeping her body pressed against his. He kissed her cheek and rested his head against her slightly. The movie got going pretty quickly. He just hoped the power would stay on long enough to finish it. He knew that with the ammount of snow outside and the cold temperature, power could go out at any time.

When he returned her kiss Roxanne smiled against his lips. "So if we wanted we could use this movie as an excuse to make out?" Roxy teased and when he kissed her again she kissed him back. As they settled into the couch with Tim having his arm securely around her Roxy smiled when he kissed her cheek. When he rested his head against her Roxy moved her hand up to his head, running her fingers through it, it had been something she had seemed to like doing since they were in middle school and it even seemed to have some kind of calming effect on her when she mad or upset. Then, almost as if she were reading his thoughts she spoke. "You know, if the power goes out we have plenty of food and blankets and the things we need." She said, hoping to ease his worries a little. "By the way, I love you too and I always will."

He felt her hand on his head and smiled. It brought back a lot of good memories. This would be just one more of those in the future. Likely one of the best ones. He nodded. He knew they would be fine if the power went out. Now that they had firewood they would have heat and light for the livingroom. They could also try using it to cook. The snow outside could be used to keep the food from the fridge cold. There were plenty of things they could do without power and they likely had enough candles and flashlights to provide light to the other rooms they used. Still, the longer the power stayed on, the less they would have to think about everything they did. He smiled and kissed her cheek again and then just watched the movie.

Roxanne smiled back at him as she continued to run her fingers through her hair. For her it brought back fond memories, too. “Remember when we first met?” Roxy asked upon seeing that she had eased his mind some, but that some worry was still there. The day they met was mostly a vague, distant memory up until her parents had taken her to the park and she had met Tim when they were just little kids. “I remember Mom and Dad taking me to the park that day and I was on the swing, you came and took the swing beside me and I had sat the stuffed wolf I had with me that day by the swing when my parents said it was time to go. I hadn’t realized Balto,” She said, calling the stuffed animal by what she had named it when she was a child, “by the swing. I hadn’t realized I’d left him until you came up to me and my parents and returned him to me.” Roxanne said, telling the story with a smile. She hoped it would help ease what was left of his worry. “From that day on we have been best friends and I believe that’s the day I met my soul mate, too.” She added and when he kissed her on the cheek again she kissed him on the lips softly, hoping he didn’t react negatively to her use of the words ‘Soul Mate’. Honestly, she was only half paying attention to the movie. Roxanne wanted to make sure Tim was happy and wasn't worrying about the problems that the snow could cause for them.

Back
Top Bottom