Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Paranormal Investigations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loud music flowed through out the club as people either danced or talked to someone, it was a well known spot for Vampires and other similair creatures but humans were allowed in the club as well. Kyrie Luminair was the owner of Insomniac, a night club where anyone who came could always find what they wanted or needed. For vampires it was willing humans, and for everyone else it was to find someone to be with for the night or to meet new people or just to dance. Either way the club was well known and well liked, though normally only those who had been there before knew its location. It was kept secret because of the fact that even today there were still people who wanted to kill or capture those like Kyrie so she made sure to keep her club a secret except for those who were allowed in, of course she always made sure to investigate the person before they were allowed in the club and more times then often invitations would be sent out to those who had been accepted.

Kyrie walked through the club watching the people either chat or dance and smiled slightly, she had been there for nearly 10 years and her club was very prosperous. There had never been a time where she had needed to borrow money from someone, of course being as old as she was Kyrie knew more then enough on how to run a business even if she only looked 19 to those who didn't know she was human. Then again the only trait setting her apart from the humans were her violet eyes and fangs if you were lucky enough to see them, though usually she kept them hidden just in case. Even if it wasn't necessary she felt an obligation to protect those who were in her club, of course once they left she cared very little about them but while in the club she had a duty to protect everyone.

Sighing softly she leaned against the bar taking a drink for herself, watching everyone made her wish she still had a partner herself. Of course that wouldn't happen since the one who had made her what she was today was no longer alive, killed by those who had feared him due to his power. Moving a strand of blond hair from out of her face she took a drink and watched people come and go, in the past she would have found a human and taken the needed blood but she wasn't like that anymore. Instead she drank blood from special drinks or packets she acquired from a near by hospital that had agreed not to ask questions about what the blood was being used for. Kyrie could be very influential when she needed to be, using her charm and looks to get what she wanted or needed though she rarely did so unless it was very important.

"So this must be the place.." Charles Spade looked up at the Neon placed sign called "Insomniac.". Clad in his dark trench coat and blond hair, the PI (though unknown to most people, the letters in Charles' case stood for Paranormal Investigator.) Was once again on another typical case. A slew of bizarre serial killings had occurred near club Insomniac. Though it was normal for a Private investigator to look into such blood shed. Someone like Charles took a keen interest for a very different one reason. The victims of this particular case were Vampires he knew personally. Vampires, from what Charles remembered of their biology normally turned into ash and fire when they died. However, these victims who were supposed to be vampires died human. Charles never really took Vampire politics seriously, having only heard them in passing but one of the princes hired him to look into the matter.

Charles Spade was a man that never really looked into the super natural to hunt them. Charles looked into the Super Natrual for one reason and one reason only, and that was to Hunt down the true nature of the earth we see and and walk today. It thrilled him to look into the unknown. Of course many of orginizations that hunted other worldly beings tried to recruit Charles (The Holy Church being a glaring example) yet the blond man cared not for killing such wonderous beings. He only helped hunt down those that would cause and kill innocent people. (In fact To Charles, in made no difference if they were Vampires, Werewolves and Mortals. In fact he knows more mortals that were jerkasses, and Vampires,Werewolves and ghosts that were nothing but kind to him. )

It was for this very reason that Charles found himself walking into club Insomniac, trying to pick up information on the Killings. Of course after ease dropping on sevearl conversations. The information was all a bunch of things The investigator already heard. Sighing deeply, Charles resinged himself to enjoying the rest of the night. No new leads, at least he should relax a bit for the night. Afterall, it was only the first day of the investigation and the killing have been happening for a while (Why the police of Vampire Clans, couldn't find any leads, It was all up to the P.I's Imagination.).

"Scotch on the Rocks" The investigator told the Bar tender. It had been a long day. when he received the drink, he downed it in one go, enjoying the taste and the fact that the alcohol was warming his body. The club was a rather quaint place come to think of it. Maybe he'll come here more often. Taking another shot, he looked who was drinking at the bar, and noticed rather attractive blond sitting right by him. The detective noted a certain longing she had in her eyes. More then that she had a certain aura that was ancient yet at the same time youthful. The girl intrigued Charles. Another mystery. Not matter what kind. Charles always enjoyed mystery.

"May I get you a drink" The detective spoke, smiling at the blond girl, approaching her. For some reason, the Paranormal investigator felt like he was being talked about by a few select people around him....

Hearing someone offer to buy her a drink Kyrie blinked and turned in the direction of the voice, seeing Charles she smiled softly. He was rather attractive for a human, plus she could hear what was being said by a few of the people around him. "Very kind of you but my drinks are free since I own the place, though I must ask what someone like you is doing here. After all, it's not every day I get a detective in my club." She pretty much figured that he was here due to the murders that had happened near her club, while she knew most didn't know the exact details there were a few who knew more then they would say. Even Kyrie herself knew more then the public though whether she would say so or not was a different matter, " don't get me wrong I'm glad you came, after all I'm always glad to have new customers come to my club but there are a few talking about you and i'm not sure its all good. Though you needn't worry about being harmed while here, I make it my duty to protect those inside this club. Oh before I forget my name is Kyrie Luminair, it's only proper to introduce myself or so I'm told." Kyrie chuckled softly as she took a sip of her drink, to most it would seem like she was drinking a normal beer but for those who could smell it they knew it was blood.

Turning her attention back to the people around them as she thought for a moment, after a few minutes she turned looking at Charles. "If you would like we could go some where more quiet to talk, my office is upstairs and it isn't as loud as it is down here. Of course that is all up to you, I'm not going to force you"

"ah.. Strange I'm surprised the Prince hasn't informed you.." Charles blinked in confusion. How strange. Considering the proximity of the murders near the club and the bizarre nature of those murders. The detective was a little bit confused as to why she was not informed about his involvement in investigating. " I was asked by the head clan to look into these bizarre instances."

"Charles Spade..." The P.I, responded with a smile once Kyrie introduced herself. He thought that the name was rather beautiful name. It also felt as ancient as the origins of this Vampires. Though it had it's own kind grandeur. "It is a pleasure to meet you." He finished. "I feel flattered that the clubs owner should already know me." He responded earnestly. Silence graced over over the two for the moment as Charles took several more sips of his drink. Three songs that seem to bring out the atmosphere of the club and passed the time more quickly. When the last song ended, He had finally finished his drink. His attention refocoused on her.

"Far be it for me to turn down an invitation from a Beautiful Lady" The defective responded with a smile. " Of course I'll go." Gently, he placed his hands on hers. "Well shall we?"

When Charles mentioned the Prince Kyrie blushed slightly and looked away, "he and I are....umm... not exactly on speaking terms at the moment so he tends to not tell me anything of importance" She finished her drink and tossed in a trash can behind the counter, the truth was that she was actually avoiding the Prince as well as her family. Things had become awkward in a sense and so she had to get away, of course she had done so without telling anyone so no one in her family knew where she was not even the royal family knew. Due to the fact that she had rarely showed herself within the vampire community the only vampires who knew of her existence were those who were part of the noble or Royal family. Returning her attention back to Charles she listened to him for a moment, "that really isn't a surprise though I am surprised they sent a human to investigate, no offense but human paranormal investigators aren't usually used that much in a situation like this one. But then again the Prince does like to mix things up"

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Spade, as for knowing who you are it is only common for a person like myself to know the names of current P.I.'s like yourself. Human and non-human, though I never thought the knowledge would be of any use to me until now" She watched him silently for a while listening to the music as well as everything else around them, more times then not keeping an ear on everything going on around her gave her a major headache at the end of the day but it was needed to make sure nothing happened. Of course recently she had hired some people to help her keep an eye on those who were in the club so she didn't have to do as much work.

When he placed his hand on her's Kyrie couldn't help but smile softly, "why thank you for the compliment, and yes we shall my office is this way." She led him through the club to a back area that had steps leading up to the door, the steps of course had two guards but they just simply moved out of the way to let Kyrie and Charles pass before returning to their spots. Once at the top of the steps Kyrie paused and looked at Charles, "it's not much of an office but it serves its purpose, I am able to keep an eye on everyone in the club as well as the area's around the outside of the club due to the surveillance equipment so you may find something useful in the tapes but I can't promise that since I wasn't here the night it happened." With that she opened the door which led to a semi-large room, to one side was a wall filled with screens showing different pictures. Also in the room was a couch, several reclining chairs, a desk, two large bookshelves filled with all sorts of different kind of books and folders and behind the desk was a curtain. For an office of its size it looked more like an expensive type of living room if you didn't count the surveillance equipment on the wall.

"That would be most appreciated. Thank you." The P.I responded politely. He surveyed the room quietly, taking in it's richness and aeustestics. A very nice room. Spade had the lingering suspicion that the room was used for a purpose other then office work. From the looks of it, it reminded him of the V.I.P sections of other night clubs the detective often frequented be it on an investigation or recreation. He remembered such rooms were use for more then one on one banter. Of course such thoughts he placed out of his mind. There were several murders and he had to stop more from happening.

And so he flitted through the tapes. Though he was a man he paid careful attention to detail, the amount of people that would come night to night at club insomniac made incredible hard for the detective to spot out anything out of the ordinary. He looked at Sevearl more tapes from the weeks ago, his eyes beginning to droop. He was clearly frustrated. He was absolutely sure that there was a connection between the killings and the ones that died before. Perhaps he should talk to, Kylie more about the details about the club. Though earlier in their conversation he noticed a rift between her and clans. Particularly the prince of the Head Clan.

"Guess you've been wondering why I have been hired for this particular task. I've done several jobs for the Vampire clans in this city, and they have helped me out, out of a few tight spots earlier. Out of all the P.I's they have, they needed somebody the most normal to carry on this investigation. Whatever that mean." Spade spoke as he was looking through the tapes. There was something, irksome about being told that being the most mortal mortal would be useful in his investigation. Almost like it was an insult. Sometimes it was hard to tell if the princes were being arrogant for the sake of arrogance or it was just in their nature as pompous ass holes.

He went through the last set of tapes. And at least it seems that he had struck gold. " Wait, I know that man... Ivan Heidanburg... he was that German Sorcerer expelled from the London University of magics... what's he doing all the way out here?" Charles said in surprise. This was a most interesting dilemma. Could the recent murders be done by the Magus? Right now, he was the only suspect he had. Ivan was banned from the University because of his forbidden research on resurrection. The P.I found it entirely possible that he may have achieved something close to it, with reverting a vampire to a human. But how?
"Miss Luminair, Has Heidanburg been here the past two days?"

"It's not a problem, I don't mind helping you out. After all I have nothing to hide when it comes to my club I want to protect the people who come here and because there were deaths near my club I feel obligated to help in any way that I can. Plus this is my territory and I won't allow someone to go around killing" Kyrie watched him silently from her desk as she sat on the edge of it, part of her wondered what kind of man he was outside of his job, she was drawn to him and she knew it though she wouldn't say such a thing. After all most mistook a Vampire being drawn to someone as them just wanting the persons blood, but she was different and yet she also knew nothing could happen between the two. At least, not without pissing some people off.

Listening to him speak as he looked at the video's she shrugged slightly, "Not really, though the fact that they chose you means something entirely separate from just the fact that you're a P.I. is rather interesting. It makes me somewhat curious on what that Childe is thinking though I'm sure in his own right he probably insulted you without you knowing." Kyrie knew the prince way to personally and his actions irritated her a lot so she often insulted the man by calling him a Childe though whether the investigator knew of the terms used by Vampires or not she didn't know nor honestly care. To her the prince was no prince nor was he an adult, of course most people would be to scared of the royal family to insult them in any manner but she didn't care anymore. Noblesse oblige didn't matter to her anymore, at least not how her family saw it.

Hearing the name caused the hair on the back of Kyrie's neck to rise, everyone knew of the name and what the man had tried to do, swallowing hard she closed her eyes trying to stay calm. It wasn't the fact that she feared the man, more like she wanted to kill him...for personal reasons of course. "They should have killed him, I should have killed him when I had the chance. He is a menace to both immortals and mortals and shouldn't have been allowed to live."

She studied him for a moment listening to his question and thinking. "He had come because he wanted something from me, something I would not give him." A small smirk appeared on her face as she thought about their last meeting, "he required specific items only someone of noble or royal blood could acquire to help him in some mission and I refused him, oh how annoyed he was when he stormed out of here. Of course I also made sure that my employee's knew that he is banned from this club for good, and since then everything returned to normal. Well minus the murders and the disappearance of two of my staff members."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom