Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Twins Tricking Twins (closed for poisonedxkisses and Josu_T)

Josu_T

Supernova
Andrew and Kyle Morrison stepped off the bus and walked for a few minutes together until they reached the middle of campus, then they parted ways and each went off toward the buildings belonging to their respective departments. The two of them were identical twins, both going to the same university. While they looked the same and acted the same a lot of the time, they happened to be interested in completely different subjects. Andrew was majoring in English and took a lot of social science courses. Kyle spent his time in the science department. His focus was biology. They were each in their third year.

While their future careers would likely be different, their appearance was truly identical, save a few very minor differences. They were both 6'1" with average builds. They exercised together and were nearly perfect matches in that aspect. They both had brown hair, but Andrew's was a bit lighter than Kyle's, but in different light conditions it could look the same. Both had blue eyes, the same shade, but with some differences if one looked closely. Kyle was just a little more tanned than Andrew. Yet these differences were only noticeable if one looked closely enough. They did have some differences with freckles and each had a birth mark on his right leg in the same spot, but they looked different. The one very noticable difference between them, but it could only be seen if they removed their pants.

Andrew made his way toward the English department for his class on modern British literature. Kyle went in the opposite direction to his class on microbiology. They each had a full day of classes ahead of him. The two were good friends, but each had his own set of other friends from his department. That day just happened to be the one day they took the bus together. Once they were out of the apartment they shared they usually didn't see eachother until the evening when they got home. Every few days they would go for a long run together or go to the gym, but that was really the extent of their interaction.

Claudia Armstrong parked her forest green Mitsubishi Lancer in the student parking lot near the Parker Building on campus, and got out along with her twin sister Adrienne. The two girls walked the few yards to the building, gossiping and chatting nonchalantly before Adrienne broke away and headed towards Laurel Hall. The two girls were freshman, still getting used to the campus buildings and classes. While the two seemed the same there were plenty of differences between them. Adrienne's focus was more on concrete thinking, loving math and science while Claudia was focused on creative thinking, loving languages and human interaction.

“See ya 80.” Claudia said,waving, before walking into the building heading to her British lit class, stopping in the restroom for a few minutes. She fixed her jet black hair, pulling it into a tight bun, her bangs curling around her almond shaped jade eyes. Adrienne, or 80, as her friend's called her had the same physical features but styled her hair differently. 80 usually wore her wavy hair down and wore minimal makeup. Claudia always had her eyes done with dark eyeliner, an eyeshadow, and mascara, and she was always applying lip gloss to her lips.

They both had their lips pierced on the left side and their eyebrows pierced on the right side, and pale ivory skin. There were other slight differences between them. Claudia's breasts were a bit larger than 80's, but not so much that it was completely obvious, 80 had more pronounced dimples, and Claudia was left handed while 80 was right handed, and some other things you wouldn't notice unless you were actually looking for differences. Claudia finished fixing her appearance and walked quickly to the classroom, arriving right before class was scheduled to start. She slid into a seat next to another girl and smiled a bit. She crossed her legs and waited for class to start.

Andrew was already settled into class and ready for things to begin. He was really looking forward to studying British literature. There were a few autors that were his favorites to read. He only wished it was an upper level class, or that he had taken it sooner. Now he was a third year in a class full of first years. The only bright side there was that he would likely have the most polished work out of all of the people in the class. He knew what profs were looking for now. He was quite confident that he could and would be near the top, if only because of his experience and interest in the subject matter.

As class was about to begin he looked up toward the front of the room. Everyone seemed to be there. Then a girl who was clearly in first year slipped into the seat right in front of him. He glanced down at her for a moment and then simply focused on what the prof had to say. It was just two weeks into the semester, but he had a feeling that their major project would be announced. When that announced he was surprised to hear that the first stage of it would be a group effort. In a group of four they would need to read and summarize in a poster presentation, a novel that they would be assigned. Their main project would then be individual, but based somewhat on the poster presentation they had to do. He remembered a few seconds later that first year courses loved to make group projects. He sighed and looked around for a few people he could work with.

Claudia sighed as she looked around, her eyes falling on Andrew for a second or two before turning back to the professor. Even though she was just starting college she was a hard worker and she wasn't going to let her inexperience define how she did her work. As the professor explained the project she sighed. She hated group projects. In high school it was Claudia's project with other peoples names attached to it.

She looked around hoping to find people who wouldn't leave her to do all the work again and decided she'd ask the guy who seemed to be a little older than her after class. After the project was explained they started to discuss Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's works. Soon the class was wrapping up and she started to pack her back pack. After the teacher dismissed them she walked over to Andrew and extended a hand. "Claudia." she said and smiled. "I was wondering if maybe you'd be willing to partner up with me for the group project?" she asked, hoping he'd say yes to make it easier on her to find other group members.

When no one approached Andrew about the project right away he didn't worry about it. They were not meant to have their groups picked out immediately, though clearly some groups of friends were already preparing. The professor got them focused again and Andrew took notes through the rest of the hour. When they were dismissed he packed up his things and get ready to leave. He looked up when a girl approached him. She had her hand extended. He took a close look at her as he took it and shook it. He smiled at her and stood up. "Hi, I'm Andrew. Nice meeting you."

He didn't say anything more as he looked at her closely for a few seconds. She was much more attractive than he had initially thought when she had entered the room and sat in front of him. She seemed intelligent and like a hard worked. Except for the piercings. Those threw him off a little. He wasn't completely sure what to think about those. Still, she seemed like she would make a good partner for the project. He nodded. "Sure, I still need someone to work with. I'd be happy to be your partner for this. It shouldn't be too hard. Definitely easier than my third year projects."

Claudia smiled. "Nice to meet you Andrew." she said and shook his hand, letting her hand drop to her side after they shook hands. "Awesome." she said. "Promise you won't do all the work." she said and laughed lightly. She shifted her bag to her other shoulder and brushed her bangs out of her eyes. "Oh, so you're a Junior?" she asked. She knew he was older, but she didn't think he was in his third year of college. "That's pretty cool."

She used her tongue to play with her lip piercing and then turned. "Well, I have Creative Writing next, so I guess I'll see you later. She grabbed a piece of paper and wrote down her cell phone number handing it to him. "For the project." she said so he didn't get the wrong idea. She smiled and waved before turning on her heels and walking towards the door. She then made her way to her next class, looking forward to it. She always loved creative writing and she considered herself pretty good at it so she suspected she'd breeze through the course.

Andrew chuckled at her little joke. He knew that a lot of people worried about others not working on projects. He nodded at her question. He smiled at her as she explained her next class. When she gave him the piece of paper with her number on it he just tucked it into his pocked, trying not to laugh about her explaining why she was giving it to him. She didn't wait to get any contact info from him, so he just shrugged and let her walk off. He was glad to have a person to work with on the project. He just hoped he turned out to be right and she would be a good worker. Well, even if she wasn't, at least being intelligent and a half decent public speaker would be enough for him to make sure they got a good grade.

He picked up his bag and walked off with a sigh. He wished he had creative writing again. That had been one of the fun courses. He was heading off toward a 300 level course called 'Copy Editing for Professional Writers' all about preparing both print and electronic manuscripts. It wasn't the most exciting, but he figured it was a course he might need some day. As he sat in that class taking notes he found himself thinking about his project, and about the girl he was paired with. She seemed nice enough. He was sure they would work well together. He started looking forward to getting to know her better.

Claudia sat through her creative writing class, brainstorming ideas for the poem or short story that was due for next class. She picked out a couple of ideas and after class was dismissed she went to the student lounge to work on rough drafts of the poems. She looked at her watch and sighed. Another hour until 80 was done her last class. Claudia ended up thinking about Andrew, a small smile on her face. He was pretty cute, and he seemed smart.

Maybe if all went well he'd be the one 80 and her would try out their experiment on. The two had been scheming for a while that they'd take turns dating the same guy, trying to see if a guy who was into one of them would be able to tell it wasn't the right girl. Yeah it was a little mean, and probably would be considered odd to most people but if a guy couldn't tell the person he was dating was different in small ways he wasn't really that into them anyway.

After another 50 minutes she grabbed her bag and headed out to the car to meet 80. She got in and turned on her Nevermind CD while she waited for her sister. Once 80 arrived and got into the car Claudia told her the news. "That's awesome Claud..." she said. "You gotta try your best to woo him." she said, knowing it shouldn't be a problem for her sister. Claudia was always the one that was more comfortable around guys. "Hungry?" Claudia asked. 80 nodded and Claudia drove towards the Saladworks near their apartment. Claudia couldn't wait for the next week of class, or for Andrew to call her, whichever came first.

Andrew's class went ok. He had been able to refocus part way though and got good notes. His final class of the day was another 300 level one called 'Practical Criticism'. It was interesting enough to keep his mind occupied. He took his notes and then he was done for the day. He spent a few hours with friends and discussed all the different class they were taking. Being in their third year of post-secondary had lead to them all branching into a lot of different courses. They had all met in first year, but now they rarely had classes together. Which made sense considering that the school had only 15 English department courses for first and second year together, but had over 40 third year courses. He recalled seeing the school academic calendar and the lists of courses. There had been five on Shakespeare alone, each discussing different areas of his work.

After his time with friends Andrew took the bus back to his apartment. Kyle had a late afternoon lab and wouldn't be home for an hour or so. Andrew unpacked his backpack and thought about the assignments he had to do. He was quite happy with his course choices. They were turning out to be quite good, since most didn't have a lot of homework, just a major project to do over the semester. He started planning a little for each one he had to do. First drafts of some work would be due in a week or two.

When it came to the weekend Andrew started to work more on his projects. He planned one out in detail and then set that aside. At around noon on Saturday he started thinking about his group project with the first year girl. He tried to remember her name. Then he remembered he had her number. Her name was written on the small piece of paper and he smiled to himself. Claudia. It was a name he didn't hear often, but it was a really nice name. He made sure he had some ideas for the project and then he picked up his phone and dialed the number. It started to ring and he waited for her to answer, hoping it wasn't a bad time. He hated leaving messages in voicemail for people he didn't know very well.

After lunch Claudia and 80 went back to the apartment and Claudia went into her room to do her creative writing homework. She and 80 spent the next couple days fine combing the details to their plan. When the weekend came 80 and Claudia were sitting in the kitchen as Claudia's cell phone rang. Claudia looked over at 80 and smiled. "Phase one?" she asked her sister. "Sure."

80 answered the phone and Claudia chuckled to herself. "Hello?" she said. She was going to talk with him for a little bit then pass the phone back to Claudia to see if the differences in their voice was completely noticable. If they could pass the voice aspect of the test it'd be simple to confuse any guy they were dating with their physical appearance. "Hi Andrew, what's up?" she said and waited for an answer.

Andrew waited, trying to be patient as the phone rang. When he heard someone pick up on the other end he gave a slight smile. He heard the voice that sounded like the girl from his class, not that he could remember it too clearly from their short conversation. "Hello, this is Andrew from the British lit class." He hoped she had not forgotten about him and the project. When she seemed to remember him he was relieved. "Oh, not much. I've just been doing a little planning work for the project. I'm just wondering if you have been thinking about it at all. If not, don't worry. Mostly calling to figure out when a good time might be to meet to work on it." He had always liked just getting to the point right away.

Kyle walked into the living room and saw his brother working on projects. He was organised himself, but his brother just seemed to want to be in control of everything. He heard him talking on the phone and from what he said he knew who he was talking to. Andrew had told him about the girl. She sounded cute. He started to think about some possibilities. He had been trying to convince his brother of certain things for a while. Andrew had made a deal in high school and it had led to them sharing a girl for over a year. She never seemed to be able to tell the difference. She had been Kyle's girlfriend first. Andrew had made the deal that Kyle could get to do the same some time later with one of Andrew's girlfriends. From the description of this Claudia girl, this might be his chance to make Andrew hold up his end of the bargain. He just needed to make sure Andrew actually started dating her.

After a short period of time 80 smiled. "Hey, yeah Andrew, can you give a second?" she asked. She waited for him to pause and passed the phone back to Claudia. "Hey, yeah sorry about that. Had to let the dog out." she said. She waited for him to ask if her voice had changed, but from what she could tell they're voices were close enough that it didn't raise any red flags. "Actually, I've been busy with homework for other classes so I haven't started to really think about the project yet."

She walked to the fridge and grabbed a can of sprite, flicking a thumbs up to 80 and smiled as she opened the can. "Oh you wanna meet up, sure. When? Uhm, I'm free this afternoon if you want to meet today, or I'm free tomorrow. Monday i have work after class so after this weekend the next time I'll be free is Wednesday." She hoped they could meet today or tomorrow so they could get the ball rolling on the 'experiment'.

It turned out to be one of the stranger conversations Andrew had ever had with someone he was working on a project with. After he waited for her to do something he finally got down to business and discussed the project. He didn't notice the slight change in her voice, but he wasn't listening for it either. He was focused on the task at hand. When she suggested times to meet he thought for a second. He liked getting started early, so he decided after just a few seconds that afternoon would be the best time for the first meeting to work on it. They could always meet again on Wednesday and do more. He wrote down a small note on a piece of paper and then nodded to himself before finally responding to her. "Today would be fine with me. The sooner we get started, the better. I'll be home all afternoon, so whenever you want to come and work is fine with me." He gave her his address and let her know to just call him as she arrived so he could let her into the building.

Kyle listened in to his brother's conversation and tharted planning how he would make sure his brother actually asked the girl out. He decided he would simply put ideas in his head about dating and how he hadn't been out with someone in quite a long time. He was sure that if he made the right comments that Andrew would be unable to avoid thinking about this girl as a possible person to go out with. He smiled to himself and loved how he knew how to manipulate his brother. Unfortunately his brother had the same powers on him. It was both a good and a bad thing that being twins meant they knew eachother so well.

Claudia smiled and nodded. "Alright, I'll see you this afternoon." she said. She wrote down his address and wished him good bye as she stood up. "Phase one complete. He didn't notice the difference when we switched the phone." She smiled and 80 chuckled. "So... you have to nag this boy. If anyone can do it it's you. You always have better luck with men." she said and laughed. Claudia shrugged and smiled. "I'm just confident that's all, guys love confident women."

She then stood up and walked to her room to grab an outfit to wear for that afternoon. She picked out a black skirt and a mulberry colored tank top before heading into the bathroom to take a shower. She washed her hair and shaved her legs before stepping out, drying off, and getting dressed in her clothes and a pair of pink panties and matching bra. She curled her hair into loose ringlets and piled them up on her head in a loose ponytail and she did her makeup, the same dark eyeliner she normally wore and a lavender eyeshadow. She then walked downstairs putting her heels on before grabbing his address and heading to the door. "I'll be back later 80. I'll let you know what happens when I get back." she then headed to her car, got in and drove towards his house, calling him to let him know she was on her way.

Andrew hung up and looked over at his brother. He could tell that Kyle was planning something. He wasn't completely sure what though. Deciding to ignore his brother for the moment he started to plan out the project a little and get some suggestions ready for Claudia. Kyle left the room for a short while, but then returned and just started a conversation. Eventually he brought up the topic of dating. He made sure not to mention anyone recent or make any suggestions for the future, he just pointed out that Andrew seemed to be a little anti-social lately. He made sure to say just what was needed to make Andrew start thinking. Then he left. He went out to hang out with friends and let Andrew be alone in the apartment with the girl from his class.

Andrew did start thinking and wondering. Claudia didn't cross his mind at first. He was thinking of friends. When Claudia called to let him know she was on her way he finished making a few notes about the project and then went downstairs to the lobby to meet her. He waited in a chair until he saw a car her approaching the door. He stood and smiled at her, quickly moving and opening the doors to let her in. He was surprised by how nice she looked. Not how he remembered her from class at all. He was at a loss for words for a few oments until she was actually in the door. As they walked to the elevator he greeted her. "Hey, I'm glad you could get here this afternoon. It... it should give us plenty of time to work... on the project."

Claudia arrived at his apartment building and rang the bell, waiting for him to come down and let her in. She checked her reflection in the glass of the door and smiled. Everything was perfect. She played with her lip piercing as she looked around. As soon as the door opened she smiled at him. "Hey Andrew, thanks for having me over." she said and smiled. "Yeah, I had nothing else to do, and school has always been pretty important in my life." she said

As the walked to the elevator she checked him out again and smiled to herself. This would actually be pretty fun. She wondered if it worked out the way they had hoped how long they'd be able to keep the charade up. She followed him up to their apartment and smiled a bit. "So how was the rest of your week?" she asked him.

Andrew pressed the button for the elevator and it opened right away. A few seconds later they were on the way up to his floor. He was glad to know she seemed serious about the project. He took another look at her and his thoughts from earlier about relationships returned, but now he was considering her as an option. He wondered if she might be interested. He almost missed her question. Stepping off the elevator he mentally scolded himself for acting so strange. He needed to focus. He turned and smiled at Claudia. "Ah, the rest of my week was fine. Projects getting announced means a lot of prep work in the next week or two though."

His door was just a few yards past the elevator. He quickly opened the door and led her inside. It was fairly clean except for a few dishes Kyle had left on the counter. He had his notes and everything he had been working on for the project on the table in the living room. He kicked off his shoes and stepped inside, giving her room to enter as well. "Make yourself comfortable. We can work in the livingroom. Would you like a drink or anything before we get started?"

Claudia watched as he pushed the elevator button and and stepped inside. She noticed him look at her and smiled a bit. "Glad to hear it." she said, curious to know what he was thinking at that moment. "Yeah, I know how that feels. Luckily there's been no other projects announced in my classes yet." She said. She looked around the apartment and smiled. "Nice place." she said, taking her shoes off also.

She walked into the living room and sat on the couch, turning to look at Andrew. "Yes, can I have a bottle of water or a glass of water, whatever you have." she said and smiled at him, before turning to looking at the notes that were spread on the coffee table. She leaned back on the couch and crossed her legs, waiting for Andrew to sit down.

Andrew went into the kitchen and filled two glasses with water. He then joined Claudia in the livingroom. She seemed relaxed on the couch. He was glad she wasn't nervous being in the apartment of someone who was pretty much a stranger. It gave him a little hope that she might say yes if he asked her out. He sat in the chair across the table from her and set one of the glasses of water down in front of her. He took a sip from the other and then put it aside.

While he was still considering asking her out at some point, he knew they needed to do some work on their assignment. He cleared his throat and then started to explain some of the ideas he had for it. He showed her the notes and then sat back and let her have a chance to explain any ideas she might have. He didn't want to take complete control over the project. He watched her, hoping she was as smart as she seemed to be.

Claudia smiled at him as he brought the water in and sat down across from her. "Thanks Andrew She picked up her glass and took a sip of water, before looking through the notes a little more. She moved to the edge of the couch and leaned forward as she shuffled the papers, to look through them. "Well, we might be able to do a small section on each character and then do a small remake of the story with a modern twist?" she suggested hoping it was good enough for him. The professor never said what the poster was supposed to be about and she figured it would get more people interested in the book if it had a modern twist, She looked over at him and took another sip of water waiting for a response.

She brushed her ebony curls out of her green eyes and smiled a bit, brushing her bangs aside. "If you don't like it it's cool, I just thought maybe that way we could get the people who don't understand it, or don't really care to think about it a little more." she shrugged and sat back on the couch, crossing her legs. "Just let me know." She said.

As Claudia gave her suggestions he considered the ideas carefully. He tried to think of that prof and what he knew of them. He tried to think of what might get them the best mark. He looked over at her and noticed just how pretty her eyes were as she brushed hair out of the way. He was distracted for a moment, but luckily looked like he was just thinking. He drank a little of his water and then shrugged.

"I'm not so sure. It seems a bit high schoolish to me. All the first years will be doing stuff like that. You are in university now. We need to think professionally. I hate how the English profs make us do stuff like poster projects, thinking it will make it more fun. I guess imagine you are presenting a summary of the book at some sort of conference to peers in the professional world. What would you want them to see. What our classmates think about our poster doesn't matter. It is what the prof thinks that matters. I like the idea of doing a section discussing characters. Along with that we need a good short summary, and then maybe a section discussing certain running themes and some of the repeated imagery that is used by the author. Maybe try to draw out some underlying meaning. Even if it doesn't make complete sense, if it looks like we are trying to look deep into the story and interpret what the author was trying to get at, the prof will likely give us points for that."

Claudia listened to him and nodded a bit. "Oh.. okay." she hadn't thought about what the other people would have been doing so he had a point. She sipped slowly at her water as he expalained his idea. "Alright." she said and smiled. "I think we can make that work." she said and smiled. After a half hour or so of talking about the project she looked at him.

"So, I was wondering... if you're not busy tomorrow if maybe you'd like to go out? Get some dinner or something?" Claudia was the kind of girl when she knew what she wanted she'd go for it. It didn't make sense to sit around and wait to see if he'd ask her out because that might have taken weeks. She smiled brightly at him, her green eyes shining. "I mean if not that's cool, I just thought maybe we could get together and hang out aside from this project." She said shrugging.

When they came to an agreement on the general idea for the project Andrew was happy. He continued discussing with her for some time. He knew they couldn't really get started on it until after reading the book. Things wound up and his mind went back to thinking about the possibility of going out with her. He was getting ready to ask her when she caught him completely off guard by asking him. He was stunned and left silent for a few seconds as he tried to make sure he was really hearing that from her.

When he got his mind under control once again he smiled at her happily. "Sure, I'd like that. I'm not doing anything tomorrow. We could start with dinner and maybe have the option of going to see a movie or something. If that's ok with you, of course." He paused for a moment and decided to add more. "You know, I was about to ask you the same thing. You beat me to it. I don't mind though."

She laughed a little as she left him silent. "Sorry, I don't mind taking initiative." she said playfully and smiled when he said yes. "Awesome!" she said and laughed as he said he was just about to ask her the same question. "Well, I'm glad we're on the same wavelength then." she said. She picked up her glass and took a sip.

"Yeah, dinner and a movie sounds great." she said and smiled. "I heard that the new Final Destination movie was pretty good." she said, looking at him. She wasn't sure if he'd like the goriness of it, but decided to offer it up as an option anyway. She brushed her curls back from her face and smiled. "So, what time do you want to meet up tomorrow?" she asked him, a small smile on her face.

He smiled, happy that their plans were coming together for both the project and for their date. She suggested a movie and he thought about the trailers for it. He wasn't so sure about it. They could discuss it later though. It wasn't so much the gore aspect as it was the lack of what seemed like any sort of decent plot line. As an English major he liked movies that could be made into decent books, with strong plots, strong characters, good twists and surprises, and some real depth. Final Destination seemed just like something for pure entertainment value. However, he was going to the movie to be entertained with her.

She asked about time and he thought about when the movie might be showing. He gave a slight shrug. "Well, it depends on what time we want to see the movie. We could meet at around 5:30 and then go to the showing that would start some time between seven and eight o'clock. Or, we could meet later, at around 7:30 and go to the showing that would start between nine and ten. Or, as a third option, we could eat earlier and hang out a bit near the theater until the later showing. What would you prefer?" He was fine staying out late, but he wasn't sure if she would want to be out late or if she might have to be up early the next morning and then need to go home earlier. He would prefer the later showing himself.

Back
Top Bottom