Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hypno

Hat-tori

Supernova
A revolutionary new treatment, the advertisement claimed, that would remove one's fear of public speaking. Phobias, shyness, lack of confidence, as well. Dr. Delarosa's techniques were proven time and again by medical boards and experts in the field, and many called him a master of the human mind. Young and handsome, with black hair barely shadowing green eyes, his loosely unkempt yet roguishly dashing good looks named him a bachelor of many years.

He worked at the gym, keeping in good shape. He was constantly approached for offers to capitalize on his technique, but he always turned them down. He felt that the technique should be available to anyone at all, and he only charged out a need to feed himself. Then one radio station made a wager - that he'd never work for free - and he took them up.

Of course, he had conditions. Only a select few actually qualified through the series of these conditions, namely that they needed to live close by, were of a certain age (Early college, late high school) and that it was first come, first serve. One full day would be dedicated to it. He chuckled as he arrived early at 6 AM, and waited for his first patient.

Luke Mansen knew all about the famouse Dr. Delarosa's techniques and practices. He had first heard about it from his friend's mom two and a half years ago. How did she know about him? Easy he had cured her of her dog-phobia. Now his friend was allowed to have dogs. It was often when he went over there he got some kind of lecture about how he was so amazing and knew exactly what he was doing. She had told Luke once that he could probably fix him right up with his paranoias. Of course he didn't really want anyone to know about how paranoid he had become over the years. All in thanks to the many foster parents he had before he had settled with the Mansen family. They were sweet, a mother and a father with two sons that were older then Luke and a four year old daughter. They had been looknig for another son so when they found him he joined their family.

So when he had heard about some kind of radio station offer for Dr. Delarosa he had been interested. Then he had heard the rules. One; they had to live close by. Check; he lived two blocks from the place. Two; had to be of a certain age, late high school early collage. Check. He had just barely graduated and was going to go into collage in about three or four months. and Three; first come first serve. So Luke had gotten himself up four hours earlier then he normally so he could beat people. His dyed dark red hair covering his gray eyes as he headed out. He wore a black hoodie with the hood pulled up to cover most of his face. He covered his face for a reason. Luke looked rather, feminine when he was overly tired or exausted. It had been the reason so many people, mainly guys and butch girls, hit on him. He looked girly.

Getting there by 6:15 AM he pulled down his hood and looked around. It seemed so far that no one had even bothered to wake up early to see this Doctor. So if it ment that no one was here he had to be the first one right? Well at least he hoped so. He wanted to get rid of these looming paranoias that he had. Looking over his shoulder he cringed slightly and rubbed his eyes. Man this was to early for him. He should have stopped and gotten coffee. Then again most coffee places weren't open at 6:15 in the morning. They would open in another fifteen minutes and he could go then, but he was determinded to meet this doctors and see if it was true about what he could do.

He was in the waiting room, smiling as he opened the door for Luke. "Please come in." he said graciously. He locked the door behind the young man, grinning. "First come, first serve. The process can take a rather large chunk of the day, we have a lot of time. Coffee? Doughnut?" he asked, gesturing at the tables nearby. The place was sparsely decorated, mostly white and beige. "We'll start with what's troubling you. What's your name, and how can I help you?"

Luke looked up at the doctor as he was allowed in. "Thanks," He thanked as he pulled down his hood. "Coffee sounds amazing." Going over to one of the tables he made himself a cup of coffee before going over and sitting down. He already knew that it could possibly take the whole day and then some so he had taken some time off of work. "My name's Luke Mansen. I was hopeing that you could help me get rid of my paranoia. I was told that you are the best at helpping people get rid of things like that so I thought I'd give it a try," he told him after he had a few sips of his drink. "I rather not be paranoid all the time at the littlest of things."

"Ah... Yes, I see. This might take more than one session, but the treatment as a whole is free, so please do not worry about the price." he said as he looked him over in thought. "Now, the actual treatment is hypnotherapy. That is to say, I'm going to place you into a suggestive state, and use that to attempt to help you get rid of some of your fears." he said, picking up something. It was a small pen, with a light on the end.

"I'm going to turn off the lights, Luke. Understand that this is to help you focus on the procedure, if it makes you uncomfortable, I can turn them back on."

The lights went out and the room was pitch black, save for a single white light.
"I want you to follow this light with your eyes, Luke. Focus on it carefully, and listen to what I say."

Luke listened to the other and nodded a bit. He understood what he was saying and he had already figured that it would take more then one session for him. He was a difficult person sometimes when it came to his paranoias. Seeing the other pick up the pen then the small light on the end he knew what the other was going to do. Great. He was hardly comfortable with the lights being out, but for this he'd put up with it. It would be better to do so anyways right? Put himself in a state where his paranoias would be gone.

"Alright. I'll be fine," he told him. Then the lights went out. Finding the light he stared at it carefully. All his focus going straight at it. He said nothing but maybe the other knew that he would do so? "Alright," he finally said as he set down his cup. His eyes following the light were-ever it went.

Back and forth it went. Back and forth.
"I'm going to count down from ten, Luke." he said softly. "When I snap my fingers after saying 'One', you will enter a deep trance, like sleep." he went on. "Ten. Your eyelids feel light, normal. You feel awake and aware. Nine. You're feeling a little weary. Eight, your eyelids feel a little heavier... Seven, you feel like you should be going to bed soon. Six, your eyelids feel very heavy. Five, your body feels like its out of energy. Four, your eyes are closing... three, it's hard to maintain your posture, two, your eyes are closed... one."

He listened to Dr. Delarosa talking as he watched the light. Not even responding to what the other was saying. As the other started to count down he started to lean backwards against the chair he was sitting on. It was started to get harder and harder to focus on the light seeing as his body started to get more and more worn down. Finally his eyes closed and he heard the snap. It felt like he was sleeping but still very aware of what was going on around him. Like the doctor's presence before him. It was like he could feel where the other was in the room and could hear only him speaking. It was a bit of an odd feeling.

"There we go." he said. "Now, you're in a dream. Can you feel it? In a white room, alone, with a chair. This will be where I actually treat you. Now, I want you to imagine your fears as... clothing. Normal, everyday clothing, on your body. Can you tell me, Luke, what you're wearing?" he said quietly, gently, smoothly.

As the older male started to talk his mind started to change what he was dreaming to fit what the other was saying. He was sitting in a chair alone in a white room. There was no one in the room with him and he just was sitting there. Then he heard the request to tell the other what he was wearing. Looking down he stared before he started to list the things off. "Socks, a blue and a bright green one. Jeans that look as if someone took a knife to them and got out all of their aggressions. As far as I can tell nothing under them. A gray shirt with a monster on it, and a black sweatshirt that has burn marks on the edges of the sleeves," he told him. He didn't understand what this ment but at least he was telling him instead of making it all up.

"Alright. Now, Luke, It's mighty hot in this room of yours. Someone seems to have turned up the heat, and you don't know where the control panel is for that. It looks like you'll have to adapt some other way, it appears. Try taking off the sweater, putting it aside. Tell me how you feel, then."

As the other said that the room had heated up Luke looked around in his room, prepared to go and turn down the heat. But then he was told to remove his sweater. Removing it from himself he tossed it onto the ground and sat back. "Hot still," he told him after a few minutes. Looking around his room again he really had no idea where the control panel was. Great, he was burning up and had no idea how to make the room cooler.

"Still too hot, huh?" he asked. "Maybe the socks and shoes?" he asked. "After all, you're all alone - what's a few pieces of clothing for some honest comfort, Luke?" His voice circled him, slowly. "How does it feel to get rid of that awful sweater?"

Luke nodded and removed his socks and shoes. He wondered if he was stipping down in real life. Was that possible? He really wasn't sure all to much but he'd feel embarrassed if he was. "It feels a bit better. I'm starting to feel cooler," he told him.

He wasn't - but more importantly, his fears were being pulled away through this excersize. If he went all the way, Delarosa wondered, what would he be afraid of? What would inhibit him? "Do you think you'd feel better without the shirt?" he asked with a smile.

"No," was all Luke said when asked about the shirt. The idea about taking off the shirt seemed wrong as well as his pants. Whatever fears they were he wasn't prepared to face them. Suddenly he tought he heard something and his head snapped towards the doorway. "I hear something," he told him as he started to stand in his dream state. Whatever it was he wanted to know what it was. What had made that sound? He was both interested but scared at the same time. It was confusing and he wasn't sure what he should do in this situation.

"There's nothing there." he said dismissively. "You're certain of that." he said. He took a deep breath. Hypnotism couldn't force people to do anything. At best it could nudge, if that. Still. "Ah, it's getting hotter again, Luke. Feel it?"

Luke eased himself back into the chair and nodded. "Okay," he agreed as he felt the room get hotter. He went to go remove the shirt he was wearing but stopped. No. The shirt wasn't going to come off. Hearing something again he snapped his head towards the sound but looked away. If the other said it was nothnig then it had to be nothing right? Well he hoped so. "I can feel it," he told him.

"What you're feeling is on you." he said quietly. "Take off the shirt, and it will go away." he spoke in confidence. It was a gamble, to be riding everything on this... "Trust me, Luke. I wouldn't lie to you." These leaps were part of the process - intuitive understanding of how people worked. He could only hope...

Fear, that was what Luke was feeling. He didn't like it all to much and it was making him uncomfortable. Hearing him he chuckled. "People lie." he told him as he removed his shirt. The fear was still lingering on him but the sounds stopped. "It's off," he told him finally. Running a hand through his hair he looked around. It seemed so odd really that the room just kept getting hotter. The hotter it got the more he stripped. At least he was glad he wasn't doing this out of the dream state. It'd be awkward for him.

He sighed in relief. "Do you still hear the sounds, Luke?" he asked gently. "Anything, noises, strange feelings?" he asked. He was hopeful, but prepared to be disappointed.

"I feel like I'm being watched," Luke told him as he glanced over his shoulder. "Like someone is hidding in the room as well." Then there was a sound, at first it was low but got louder. "And sounds. Like.... Breaking glass," he added as he closed his eyes in his dream state. He wanted it to go away, for it to stop. That was all he wanted at the moment.

It seemed the feeling was deeply rooted - so deep he would have to remove the sensation of fear entirely. Such a conditioning would have deep repercussions...
"Alright, Luke. As a doctor, I'm going to have to ask you take off the pants, as well. Remove all the things you envisioned as fear from your body. This is an order, Luke." he said simply. "You can trust me. I'm a doctor." he said, with wide, simple words full of confidence.

His head snapped forward and he didn't respond for the longest time. Hearing the other say that he could trust him because he was a doctor made him laugh. He sounded like the Doctor from Doctor Who. The pants though, they had to come off. Slowly removing them he dropped them to the floor with the other fear invisioned clothing. Then he pulled his legs up to his chest and focused on the other talking. "The pants are gone," he told him.

"How do you feel, Luke?" he asked gently. "Do you still feel the fear?" he asked. He hoped he hadn't been mistaken, but he had followed the course to the letter...

Back
Top Bottom