Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Emotional Healing ((VainGlorious and Myself))

poisonedxkisses

Supernova
15 year old Serafina sat in the common room area of the teen psych ward and watched as some of the other patients did puzzles, crosswords, and played cards. She was alone in the corner of the room, tracing the scars on her legs and wrists. The young girl had been admitted into the local mental hospital after she had attempted suicide for the 2nd time. She had her long black and pink streaked hair up in a ponytail, her dark green eyes dull and empty as she watched and listened to the din of the people around her.

Serafina looked at the nurse's station just in time to catch a glimpse of a rather handsome older man leaving. Having been her second day in the ward she was supposed to see the psychiatrist and another therapist today, but she wasn't looking forward to talking to anyone. No one would really understand what was going on, nor did she want anyone to. She couldn't believe she had failed again. Now she had to explain her feelings, and what triggered her to cut and try to kill herself again.

Dr Jonathon Wake found the designated treatment room and stepped inside. It was pretty bland really. A couple of chairs, a small table, tiled floors and concrete walls. No medical procedures were carried out here; it was purely psychiatric care, so there was little need for equipment of any sort. He had told the nurse to send the girl through in five minutes, during which time he reviewed the chart he’d studied last night.

Admitted for attempts at suicide. Classic signs of early-onset depression, conducive potentially with bipolar disorder cycles. Or maybe the placement of the two attempts was just a coincidence. Who knows. Psychiatry was an… inexact science. There were options relating to drugs, but he wanted to talk with her first. Close analysis of patients with suicidal tendencies required caution, but nothing beyond standard procedure. He closed the chart, set it aside, activated the recording equipment and waited.

"Serafina... the doctor wants to see you now." a large nurse said as she walked up to the young girl. Serafina stood up and followed the nurse to a small room down a plain white hallway. "Here she is Doctor." she said as she walked away leaving Serafina in the doorway. She slowly entered the room and sat down in one of the plush chairs.

"Hello sir." she said and brushed her bangs out of her face. She gazed at him, wondering what he thought of her. She crossed her legs and looked at him. "How can I help you 'diagnose' me?" she asked slightly bitterly. She looked at the thick folder that was sitting next to him and wondered what dirty secrets were hidden inside. She sighed and started to trace one of her scars again.

poisonedxkisses said:
"Serafina... the doctor wants to see you now." a large nurse said as she walked up to the young girl. Serafina stood up and followed the nurse to a small room down a plain white hallway. "Here she is Doctor." she said as she walked away leaving Serafina in the doorway. She slowly entered the room and sat down in one of the plush chairs.

"Hello sir." she said and brushed her bangs out of her face. She gazed at him, wondering what he thought of her. She crossed her legs and looked at him. "How can I help you 'diagnose' me?" she asked slightly bitterly. She looked at the thick folder that was sitting next to him and wondered what dirty secrets were hidden inside. She sighed and started to trace one of her scars again.

John looked up as she came in and took off his glasses, motioning for her to sit. There was no denying that she was an attractive girl. The way she stroked her scars was worrying though, it demonstrated attachment of some sort most likely. That and the attitude weren't comforting, yet were expectable.

"I'll let you in on a little secret Serafina. I've never diagnosed somebody in my life. I believe in talkingto people and finding out what they think is wrong, why they think they are where they are in their lives. So, why do you think you're here?"

She sighed and shrugged. "Obviously I'm here because I tried to kill myself, I cut, and my parents are worried." she said. She couldn't help but let her eyes wander along his body, taking in the strong lines of his face, the small glint in his eyes. He was honestly very handsome.

"As for what I think is wrong? I can't handle the pressures of being the straight a student my parents want me to be, the captain of the softball team, the perfect angel that is expected of me." she looked out of the window, her fingers running along the criss crosses on her arm. "I have no friends, and I'm ugly... no one wants to date me." The 15 year old sighed as if that was the worst thing that could possibly happen.

Instinctively John thought he should be noting this, but then this place had recording equipment. It was, suffice to say, a bit more up-market than his provious employers. He laced his fingers instad and put his hands in his lap.

"Well, it seems like you have this thought through. Have you ever tried talking to your parents about any of this?"

"No, because they'd just call me weak and make me do it all anyway. They don't give a shit if it's to much. I just need to be better than everyone else so I have to push myself." She sighed and curled her legs under her body as she sat there.

"What else do you want to know?" she asked, looking over at him, her green eyes tearing up, obviousy fighting back her pain.

Back
Top Bottom