Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Can They Manage it? (Lan and Candira)

Once they arrived at the ballet, they were given wonderful seats--she supposed she had Hugh to thank for that, but being at the ballet at all would have been enough for her. She smiled and drank the wine sparingly, only having a few treats to sate her sweet tooth and Hugh's expectations. She was having a wonderful time, and was happy to hold his hand like this.

She'd been surprised that he'd arranged such a treat as a back stage appearance. She spoke with the performers and was glad to meet them all--a few even signed her playbill. She was so happy to have had a marvelous chance like this and told Hugh so when they were leaving. "That was a wonderful performance. And what a treat to meet them all! Thank you so much for taking me," she said with a smile.

And as if nature couldn't be happy just leaving well-enough alone, out came a drunken man to point out, oh-so-cleverly, that she had large breasts. Distasteful as the display was, Hugh handled it beautifully and even made her smile as he led her away.

"Oh, Hugh. You were wonderful. Thank you so much for a splendid evening. And you handled that man so well. I didn't even have to say anything." She smiled and kissed his cheek for it, rewarding him for his behavior.

He preened as her praise, so happy that he had done something special for her and that she appreciated his defence. Then she kissed his cheek and the world was marvelous.

In the couch, he smirked. "the only problem is, though he said it crassly, I do love your bosom...along with your face, hips, derriere, hands, feet, legs, arms, hair... yeah... I guess I pretty much think you are gorgeous."

He put his arm around her and hugged her, clasping his hands together, careful not to touch her bust.

"I hope this is in the 'good' category, because I have no intention of letting go."

She blushed deeply as he told her all of the things about her he thought were beautiful. Flattered, but unsure of when he'd had time or opportunity to see such things, she took the compliment graciously with a quiet, "Thank you..."

And then his arm wound around her and she was pressed against him in a way that made her heart beat faster. She blushed again, but found herself enjoying the embrace a bit too much to object. "W-well, I suppose it can't hurt..." She said softly. After all, they were in a private couch. And a hug wasn't such a scandalous thing. Besides, he'd already said he wasn't letting go.

It was nice...this whole evening had been lovely.

The coach pulled up outside her address, and he accompanied her to the door to the stare of her landlord.

"Miss Wainwright, thank you for letting me take you to the ballet. Your company made it perfect. I hope I may call upon you again soon."
He bowed and kissed her hand softly, then waited until she had gone in to return to the coach.

The driver was instructed to be there extra early in the morning and help her with any moving.

When he returned home, he realized that he had no worries. For the first time he could remember, he slipped into a peaceful sleep.

Carruthers snuck in and pulled up the blankets, kissing him on the forehead. "Sleep well, my son. Your mother and I are so proud, even though she isn't here."

He awoke to Carruthers usual. "Breakfast Time Sir!"

((No way! Epic twist!))

The next morning Lanna woke early and set to boxing up her things. She really didn't have much, since she had been renting a furnished apartment. Last night, she had explained the situation to her landlord and the older widowed woman could hardly believe that it was all happening...so she charged a fee for early move-out. Well, they all had to make a living after all.

So it was that Lanna had her personal effects in two boxes and her kitchen utensils (most had been furnished, so she'd only ever bought what she needed) in another. All that left were her clothes and linens. She managed to get everything done, wearing one of her less important outfits. The driver from last night appeared at her door to help her and she was grateful. He took the things she'd had boxed up back to the manor to be settled in in one of the rooms that was being prepared for her, and Lanna was left to put everything else in its own place.

As she boxed up and packed her things, she wondered if she'd ever have a place like this again...and she recalled how Hugh was so eager to pursue her...No, she imagined that this wouldn't be the kind of place she'd have in the future, but she would always be grateful.

When the driver came back, Lanna was ready and went with him this time, riding in front rather than with all of her things. She spoke with him about his job and horses in general and how well-taken care of they were--making small talk to keep her mind off the fact that she hadn't had breakfast.

When they arrived, breakfast was nearly over. "Hello, everyone," she said brightly as she entered the hall. She gave a graceful bow and smiled. She was in a rather good mood.

Carruthers could scarcely contain his pleasure that she had returned, and he pulled out a tray for her in the library with the best of all the breakfast items. "I knew you'd be busy madame. May I say that his lordship slept like a baby...I...we...the staff...are grateful for your presence, and how you treat him."

Hugh almost skipped in to see her. He was grinning, and sat working on one of the income columns, letting her show him his mistakes and gaining confidence.

"We are at work, so I assume that kissing you is improper. But I sure want to. When we finish today, would you care for a boat ride in the canal? We can be paddled to the florist...restaurants...the jewelers..." His voice rose teasingly at the last, and he softly smiled.

Lanna smiled and bowed her head respectfully to the elder servant as she sat down at the library table by hugh, the tray set before her. "Thank you so much, Carruthers. That's very kind of you. All of you." With that, the lovely Ms. Wainwright began to eat her breakfast while watching Hugh work. She pointed out a few things and watching as he began to spot his own mistakes as well.

Overall, she was pleased with his progress. "You're doing very well, Hugh. I'm proud of you." She smiled and blushed as he told her that he wanted to kiss her. He was quite right that it was improper, but the thought seemed rather appealing to her as well...She pushed the thought away. "A boat ride? That sounds like it would be nice...There's no need to take me anywhere fancy," she said, partially because she was embarrassed at her state of dress--she'd been moving after all. "But maybe a picnic would be fun. And a nice boat ride." And this way, they could have a little more privacy.

"But first, let's have you finish up recording these entries. And I believe your seamstress wanted to see me today?"

He nodded. "Wonderful, and I will try my best. Yes...Mistress Annasette is coming by with many materials. Carruthers mentioned that you might not have enough formal gowns if I continue to drag you out to put up with me." He said it just like Carruthers would. "So, I wish to have some dresses made for you. You can use some of your extra money you've protested to pay for part of it...but I'll pay for the rest of it, on the condition, that I get to help pick some out."

At lunch they sat next to each other at the table. it had a long tablecloth, and he touched his leg to hers teasingly under the table.

He studied the numbers for hours, finally getting a headache. "How do you handle it all, you really are a wonder."

Finally, it was over and he waited as she was measured, then sat as material was picked. Finally, they could change and go!

His little jibe at her not wanting his money nearly had her saying something to the effect of him wasting his money on her, but stopped herself. She was well-worth any money he spent on her in his eyes, and she ought to be in her own. So she agreed to the condition of him helping her choose some dresses.

Lanna helped him make sure that all of the entries were correct and the ledgers were balanced. Pleased with her student, she chuckled as he told her she was a wonder. "It's a question of organization and practice. And so far, you're doing very well."

She smiled and ate a simple lunch with him, blushing softly at he way his let brushed against hers. She just wasn't used to such things. The brunette told herself she would have to learn to deal with such things.

Finally, they went to have her be measured, though for a portion of this, he was shooed outside. Lanna's bust had to be measured appropriately with just her undergarments, and so did her waist and hips, and since it was inappropriate for a man to see her like that, he was temporarily removed from the room.

When he came back, they chose some fabrics and a few designs and bid the seamstress farewell. Finally, it was time to get ready for their boat ride. She smiled at him and said, "I'll just be a few moments. Perhaps you can see if our food is ready to go?"

And a good five minutes later, Lanna returned wearing a lovely white sundress that covered less of her than her normal dresses, but was still quite proper. There was a red ribbon in her hair to keep it back and a straw hat to shelter her from the sun. She also carried a coat, in case the weather got cold. Her body was still covered with fabric, but the neckline was a bit lower, the sleeves were short, and the skirt, though long, only reached to about her calves. She wore a nice pare of sandals and wondered if she'd dressed a improperly. She hoped not.

He was waiting with the picnic basket, and his eyes widened when she appeared. "I really, really like that outfit on you...or you in that outfit..or both." He was stammering as he fell over his words. "OK, you're extra gorgeous, OK? Now let's go before I can't resist you any more."

He hurried to the coach and put the basket inside, and went to hold the door for her, but the driver had magically appeared. "Eve'n Miss Wainwright. Lurvly noit for picnicin."

Why didn't they talk nicely to him that way?

Lanna smiled at Hugh's compliments and happily accepted them. "Thank you," she said with a chuckle. She walked with him to the coach and watched him stow the basket as the driver arrived. "Good evening," she said with pleasant smile. "Yes, I think it will be a lovely night for it indeed." With that, she took his help into the cab and sat across from Hugh, since there was no room with him and the basket on one side.

She wasn't sure if he really liked the outfit or not, but he certainly seemed to think she looked lovely. Glad that she seemed to please him, she relaxed as the coach started off. "Well, this is going to be fun," she said with a smile.

He grinned across to her...the shorter dress... her could see much of her pretty legs, and the bit he could see at the top. Breathtaking.

The coach slammed across some bad holes and they were knocked around. He found himself against he legs, and was trying to get up just as it pitched and he landed in her lap.

Redfaced, he hurried back to his seat.

When they stopped, he glared at the driver who just winked at her as Hugh's back was turned. "I recommend you both sit in back on the return trip. Front bounces a lot more."

Hugh shook his head, but led her to the gondolas. The traditionally mustachioed rower helped each of them in and then lifted the basket down.

The boat was small, and Hugh was leaning against the front, which meant that she had to lean back against him, because the rower said he needed the weight up front. Hugh thought the man was trying to push them together so he'd get a better tip. He was probably smart.

The canal slowly rolled by and they saw released waves of colored flowers float past from a wedding. The bride and groom had simple outfits, but many friends gathered. The hat was being passed for the new couple and Hugh insisted that they pull up so he could put something in. He didn't let anyone see what it was, but the groom blanched and stammered, "Thank you sir!"

Soon they came to a flower garden walk and the gondolier let them out.
He'd wait. Hugh let her to a secluded arbor where it was private, then spread the blanket for them and knelt, kicking his shoes off. The grass underneath was thick and soft.

He patted a spot beside himself. "Lanna, please sit with me and let's see what delights Chef packed for us."

His smile was infectious and she found herself mirroring it. And then they were bouncing all over the place. She gasped and started as they were tossed about and suddenly Hugh was thrown into her lap. Lanna blushed and then quickly got back up. She pretended it didn't happen, blushing once more when the driver winked and gave her some advice. It seemed the whole world was conspiring to put them together.

She smiled and gave him a little reproachful look, but it was still a bit playful. When they reached the gondolier, she sat with Hugh, close to him again. She was absolutely charmed by the sights and sounds of the river trip. Everything was so lovely. And she was struck with Hugh's generosity once more as he put something in a hat for a new couple.

Then they reached a flower garden and Lanna was charmed again. "What a beautiful place," she said, looking around her. Lanna sat next to Hugh, her shoulder brushing his, her sweater resting on the other side of the basket. "This is all beautiful, Hugh. Thank you for asking me along."

"Lanna, I've been to this place twice before. Once when I was very young, mother and Carruthers brought me here. For some reason, I remember him as being tenderly caring towards me...it's one of the reasons I put up with the way he acts. Somehow, I know that he actually loves me greatly. The other time was when I was 16. My childhood nanny...she must have been around 33 then...brought me her and taught me about sex with her body. The next day, she left, because she was going to the old country. She was getting married and I had not been told.

So now you have it. There have been three women in my life for whom I have truly felt love. Each in a different way, and all three of them have come to this garden with me."

He took her hands between his. "Lanna, I'm doing things out of order, but it's because I don't want you to think me sneaky. This is my mother's engagement ring. It is all I have of her, and if you wore it, I would be so very happy. You don't have to answer today if you are unsure. Perhaps you want to consider other more mature men first. But you are the only woman I have ever met with the qualities that I would desire in a wife, and I can't ignore this feeling. I've known you three days, and I'm in love with you, so I want to marry you."

He quickly hugged her and kissed her tightly, his hand caressing her hip , and looking into her deep eyes.

"If the ring should not fit, there is a jeweler, who will ensure that it will. His shop is further along the boat route."

Lanna listened to his stories, finding the first sweet, and the second scandalous. Of course, she had faith in Hugh's morality, but she had to wonder who had thought of giving the lesson and just how far it had gone. She blushed a little but quickly pushed it aside. It was sweet that he had decided to bring her here, but he might have left out the lesson. She didn't really need to know...

She watched his face as he took her hands in his and gasped as he showed her the ring and told her its significance. She looked up at him and felt at a loss for words. Surely she couldn't accept it--it was much too valuable and he'd only known her for three days...which he discounted by saying that he loved her. She didn't really want to consider another man--at least, that wouldn't be why she didn't take his ring.

She was about to say something, her heart beating wildly, butterflies in her stomach, when he hugged her to him and kissed her. Blushing, she let him hold her, her body simultaneously tense and relaxed. And then he mentioned a jeweler and She wondered how she could say no.

"Hugh...I've known all along you intend to marry me, and I'm very flattered by that prospect, believe me. But you've only known me for a short time, and you don't know all that much about me. Are you sure that you want to give me this ring now?" she asked, looking into his eyes. She was flattered and moved and swept up in the moment, but she had to be absolutely sure that this was what he wanted. "Or would you rather wait until we know each other better?" Either way, she wasn't rejecting him. She was just asking him to make his choice.

He just looked at her for aminute, then spoke.
"Typical. You think of my interests first...but I haven't heard what you want Lanna. Do you want me? That's the important question.

And even though I may be a bit innocent, Carruthers isn't. He went out, without permission and questioned pretty much everyone who has ever known you.

Before you got here today, he said to me. 'Master, Miss Wainwright is the true vein of gold. If you do not marry her, you are an ass, and I shall terminate my employment. You deserve each other, and I shan't let either of you miss this opportunity.'

He a grumpy almost mean curmudgeon, and I'm pretty sure he loves me. He always made me do my best whenever I came home.

You are my best Lanna. Please say yes. I know I'm not worthy of such a good person, but I will try everyday to make you as happy as I can.

I'm sure that you are what I want and need. Will you take me? I'll beg is it will help. Or I'll drag you by the hair to the chapel...whichever will work. When I'm with you I want to protect you, and...and."

He pulled her lips to his again and straddled her lap, tipping her chin up as he pushed her down on the blanket. ?"I will be a lover who will seek your needs...I will try to make you always shout with pleasure. I am a man Lanna. And You are what I want."

Of course he thought to ask her first. He was sweet like that. Innocent wasn't quite the word for what he was, but she loved that he was trying so hard for her. And as it turned out, the whole world was conspiring to get them to marry each other. She chuckled at Carruthers and his statements, and really couldn't think of a single reason to say no to him--other than the fact that she didn't know him very well. But didn't she know enough? And she could get to know him in time. She didn't have to rush the ceremony, and if they found they couldn't handle being in each other's company...well, they didn't have to marry each other.

And he wanted so much for her to be happy that making him sad seemed like a sin. She was just about to answer him as he worked himself up and made his argument. She blushed as he kissed her and she kissed him back, turning scarlet as he straddled her and gently pushed her down. She lay flat on her back, her chocolate brown curls sprawled out a bit beneath her. She lay there in her white dress, panting as she looked up at him. He was very persuasive.

For a moment, she simply couldn't think, and that never happened in the presence of a man. She was always witty and on her toes, but when she was with Hugh like this...well there hardly seemed to be anything worth thinking about but him. "Hugh..." said his name softly, and wished more than anything that decorum would just look the other way. He made her feel younger than she was.

"I don't know what to say. I've never met anyone like you before...And I'm not sure I ever will again...If you say you love me, even though we don't know each other very well, then I believe you. And if you're asking me to marry you..." She gazed into his eyes for a moment, "I certainly won't deny you. I'm proud to accept your offer," she said with a bright smile. And she really was proud to know that he wanted her and was so very eager to show it.

"But, we probably shouldn't stay like this," she said, referring to their current position. "Besides, I'm getting a little hungry," she said, chuckling a little.

He grinned and slid the ring on her finger. It was a little loose.

"Weeelll...Our boatman is being paid to prevent anyone from coming this way...that path from the water is the only access. And I tipped him rather well.

So if my fiance does not protest, there is no one here to complain if I doe this." He kissed her deeply and passionately, his tongue shooting in and over hers, and he hugged her very tightly.

Slowly, he relented, and he rolled off her. "Sorry Lanna...sometimes you just make my blood boil. I suppose that won't be a bad thing in a marriage."

He began to unload wonders from the basket. Hot brie had been triple layered to keep it ready. There was italian ice, a timbale, crepes, sweetcakes, good wine, thin sliced tenderloin wrapped around a savory cheese and sauce.
"You know if you said no, that I'd have had to marry Chef...of course, if you'd said no, you might have tried to marry Chef! She's incredible."

Between bites he quizzed her openly. "Do women really not like sex that much. That seems to be what people act like, but then they start all the strange rumors about widows and divorcees. I'd be really sad if I couldn't please you a lot.

One thing I'll admit. I'm dying to see your breasts. I'll bet they're magnificent. Ohh.. darn it, I'm saying embarrassing things again. I'm sorry, but I feel like I can talk to ou about anything."

She smiled as he slid the ring onto her finger. It wouldn't stay without some resizing, but it was really beautiful. It was rather awkward to look at it from her angle, but she did, and she found that she liked it quite a bit. Then he went into how he'd tipped the boatman to keep people from coming this way. It was rather sneaky of him, but she didn't mind. The privacy was actually quite nice. She didn't care for the gondolier getting any ideas though. Then again, he seemed nice enough.

And then she lost track of her thoughts because Hugh was kissing her like he was never going to get another chance to do so. She blushed and parted her lips for him, putting her arms around him as she returned the kiss. When he broke it, she panted softly and looked over at him. She rather enjoyed the idea of making his blood boil, actually. And it seemed as though it was finally her turn to get back at him for some of the things he'd said and done. She sat up and arranged her dress a bit nicer.

"Well, I suppose it can't be helped. But you know, if you're going to kiss a woman like that, you probably shouldn't bring up other women." She smirked and watched as he unpacked their dinner, pleased with what she'd seen. "This looks wonderful," she said with a grin.

She blushed as he started to talk about sex again. It wasn't that she minded, really--it was more that she wasn't quite prepared for it. She continued to eat and spoke between bites as well.

"I thought your nanny taught you about sex. Didn't she explain this sort of thing?" she asked, tilting her head.

He blushed. "Um...to be honest. She was a very big strong woman, and I was used to following her directions. So when she told me to do something, I just did it. She wasn't very attractive, and it was a bit confusing. As I think about it, I think she may have enjoyed it more than me...some parts I really didn't like.

I heard some servants talking one day, that it seemed Carruthers had seen her in town and had threatened her if she came back.

Lanna, did I do something wrong being with her? I told her that I wasn't sure, but she told me that I should behave and this was part of the lessons that every young man had to learn.

It took a while for the bite marks to go away on me."

He turned away from her with his hands around his knees, looking rather small. His face was deep red with shame.

"Oh, Hugh...that sounds awful..." She frowned and put her arms around him, hoping that it might make some of the shame go away. "What an awful woman! Taking advantage of you like that is unforgivable." She felt outrage at the idea that a woman in that position would do anything of the sort to her charge. "Oh, Hugh, you didn't do anything wrong, but she certainly did." She turned his face toward her once more and kissed him softly.

"No, dear. You are a wonderful person, and you didn't do anything wrong." She smiled softly and kissed his cheek. "And you can feel free to ask me questions. I don't mind. To answer your earlier question...It's not that women don't enjoy sex. It's that we're made into something less if we show that we do. In polite society, women don't speak of such things, and it's seen as improper to make advances in any way. It's difficult to explain, Hugh. But women enjoy sex...and I don't think it's possible for you to not make me happy."

She smiled at him again and then picked up her plate to encourage them both to eat.

He put his hand on hers and nodded mutely. "Lanna...would it be wrong if you just held me to your bosom for a bit? I'd really like that right now.

I'm so glad that I've found someone I can really trust."

He started to eat a crepe, but didn't notice the wonderful taste.

"When-when we're married, will you want me to make love to you and to lick you regularly?" He knew he was putting her on the spot. But he ahd to know. He was finding out much of what he had been told was dead wrong."

He grabbed a glass of wine and held her hand.

She smiled and set her plate down as he put his hand on hers and she looked at him. "Yes, that's alright," she said softly, pulling him closer so he could do so. She kept an arm around him and leaned her head against his a bit, just letting him rest there for now. She'd eat in a few moments when she knew he was alright. "I'm glad you trust me."

And then he asked another rather awkwardly placed question. She thought about it for a moment and blushed a little. "Well...I-I don't really know. I've never really been married and no one who's courted me has ever brought up such things..." she said, flustered. "I've read about sex, of course, and I know a number of things...but I don't know if I'll want it often--I've never really...had it before. I don't know that I've ever been licked either, but I suppose if you wanted to, I wouldn't mind so much."

Wow, this was awkward.

He held to her and just shivered a bit - realizing finally what had been taken from him and why Carruthers had acted so. It seemed, as he got older, every time he turned around, Carruthers was there, seeing to his serious safety, though letting him make mistakes. He was on the brink of true adulthood and suddenly, he saw what Carruthers had sacrificed to make him a better person. But why?

"Lanna...I know this has been hard. Thank you for not running. And...well...when it's the right time, I'd kiss and lick you anyplace that wasn't really dirty. We should probably get back.

But I want you to know something. You make me so happy. I long for your approval in my work, but as a woman, I want to push you to do things for me...but I love you, so I won't so much.

He kissed her again. This time all the passion was there, but it wasn't rushed...it was them and nothing else. Several minutes later, he rose, and packed up the basket with her well organized help.

They made it back to the boat.

The gondolier looked troubled for a moment. "Senor Hugh...some years back, I bring you with older woman...I now think she no nice. I sorry."

Hugh patted the gondolier on the shoulder. "You didn't know, my friend. And reserved this boat for us every Friday. If we don't use it, it's worth knowing that we have a special private place."

The gondolier nodded, and began to pole them along. A quick stop at the jewelers gained her sizes. for her ring finger, wrist and neck. Hugh tried to look nonchalant and failed miserably, attempting to distract her as he pointed out interesting pieces in the case.

Then then took the evening trip back. The canal was lit with torches, and he hugged her tight, his arms clasped below her bosom. "Lanna...I think that you are making me believe the world can have magic."

Lanna held him for awhile longer until he was relaxed again, and then she finished up her dinner. It had all been just lovely. And a few things aside, their evening had been wonderful. His promise to lick her at the right time made her smile. It was sweet, innocent, and it made her wonder if he really liked the idea of sex as much as he seemed to.

"I will never push you to do something you don't want to do for me, unless it's something that needs to be done." With that, she helped him pack up the basket and listened as he told her that he loved her and made him happy. It was good to know that he respected her as well.

"I'm glad, Hugh. I like it when you smile. It warms up the whole room. Or just me, I guess. And if you push me too much, you'll meet resistance. Just know that if I do resist, I'll always have a good reason." With a kiss to his cheek, she walked with him back to their gondola and sat with him. She was flattered about the garden, but she was going to have to look into a few things to see if he could really afford to be so generous with her. Of course he would still want to be, but maybe not quite so much.

On the trip back, she sighed and looked at the beauty all around her, leaning into Hugh as he held her. It was beautiful. And then he was talking about magic.

"Oh? And how am I doing that, Hugh?" she asked softly, turning her head just enough to see him.

Back
Top Bottom