Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Of Hard Times and Affections (Me + Yuukic)

"Yeah, maybe the online world is a little less cruel." he said as he looked over at her and smiled a little. Hell, even in this dark time she could at least be a little hopeful. He gestured behind him. "Want me to carry you back?" He asked, chuckling all the while. "It's starting to snow after all, and lord knows we've been walking all day. Must be tired."

"You don't have to do that babe." She smiled and grabbed his hand, but the snow started to fall a little faster and she was cold, so she did end up hopping on his back. "I'm cold." She said in his ear before laying her head on his shoulder. Her bare legs wrapped around his waist and arms around his neck keeping his warmth close.

"I'll try to get there faster then.' he said as his hands slipped under her legs to keep her from falling as he walked through the snow, the wet flakes starting to cling to his exposed hair and his hoodie. The wind had begun to blow a little bit harder, causing him to wince a little bit as it grew harder to see. Maybe this could have waited until tomorrow, but he managed to push through.

As they approached their building, he opened the door with and sighed as the buildings warmth over took the two of them, sighing in relief. "That's better." he said.

As they entered the warm building she ruffled his hair getting all the wet snow out. "Wow, it got pretty bad out there." She said as she hopped off his back. It was mid November and snow was to be expected, but it got cold fast today. "Thanks for the ride." She said before giving him a peck on the lips.

As they entered their apartment she went straight to the kitchen knowing they were probably both hungry.

"Ugh, I normally like winter, when the hell did I turn into my dad?" He asked as he flopped over on the couch, looking out at the sliding door onto the balcony, seeing the snow had almost completely blocked out the light from the street lamps. It was beautiful, of course, but he wouldn't want to be out there right now. He wasn't really hungry either, he just wanted to lay there and...just BE.

However, he knew he would get in trouble if he didn't start looking. He reached over and weakly grabbed his laptop, opening it up and starting to search.

She came out of the kitchen with two small bowls of macaroni and two beers. "What do you mean?" She asked as she set the food on the little table in front of them. The thought lingered in her head to tell him to ask his father for a job, but decided it better to let him choose that option when he felt like it.

"I used to love Winter!" he exclaimed. "Now I'm like my dad: I wanna stay in and let it run it's nature." A small sigh as he leaned against her dramatically. "My dad was always a recluse when it came to Winter. I don't want that, I don't want to be..." A dramatic flop into her lap, arm to his forehead. "Elderly!" he said. This was a defense mechanism for him, goof around to go around the fact something bad had happened. It was the same thing when his grandma died. He spent the whole next week just pulling pranks on his father and older brother.

"Oh no! Not elderly!" She played along with him before leaning over him letting her hair fall around his cute face. "Do you want to go play in it?" She asked him thinking that he was just deprived of fun lately. She grabbed the hand he had thrown over his face and kissed the back of it before letting it fall back to where it was. It occurred to her that he was sort of avoiding finding work, but it's not like it was the only day they could do that and she knew his day had been long enough already. She brushed her fingers through his hair as he lay there making sure not to push him into more activities.

"Maaaaybe." he said innocently, grinning innocently up at her with a nervous little chuckle. It was true, he didn't want to go job searching right now. It was...well, still in the phase where he couldn't believe it was happening. That tomorrow would be the worst, and that today shoudl be lived up before the storm hit, so to speak.

"Well, whatever you want to do." She said with a smile before leaning back on the couch. She started to think about school and how tomorrow she would have homework again. Her small hand moved back to intertwine with his again and gave it a small squeeze. "I love you." She told him feeling a need to reassure him of it.

"I love you too." he said with a smile as he sat up and leaned over his knees. Actually, going out seemed like a bad idea. Too cold and all that. So he sat there and held her hand all the while, squeezing it once more, taking a deep breath. "Even if this doesn't work out?" he asked. "You'd still love me then? He asked. He was more afraid of that than anything: Her not loving him anymore. That may be what ends up pushing him over the edge.

She wanted to laugh at his ridiculous thought of her leaving, but thought that if he was serious it would hurt him. She knew he was in a bad spot and she didn't want to put him down in any way. "Of course I would." She told him. "Jason." She said his name with confidence to get his attention. "Even if we lost everything we had I would still love you because that is something that can't be taken from us no matter how deep we are in, right?" She told him trying to get him to stop worrying so hard. She let go of his hand and placed hers on his back to rub it.

He leaned back and pressed against her, his eyes closing slowly and sighed. "Just worried is all." he mumbled to her, taking a deep breath. "Don't want to have to lose you too, ya know." he said, a hand gently laying itself on her knee, needing something to grab. "I really do love you, babe."

"I know." She said with a tired expression. "I think that you've had a long day so I just want you to relax." she told him soothingly before starting to rub his shoulders. "It's not good for either of us to worry so much about it so much. It will get figured out." She was surprised that she was being so calm, but it occurred to her that she was probably just tired of worrying herself.

"Yeah..." he said with a sigh and a nod, relaxing a little bit under her rubbings and calming words. He closed his eyes and sighed, before he said "I think I'm gonna go to bed soon after I eat...today has been...well, it hasn't exactly been a good one." he mumbled/

"I know." She said before grabbing her bowl and taking a bite. "We just need to be rich." She joked as she sat down her bowl again. "But in all seriousness there isn't a rush until we run out of the money. We'll both have a job before then." She said to him reassuringly.

"The sooner the better and all that stuff." he said with a nod of his head as he grabbed his own bowl and began to eat, looking at his laptop every now and again and punching in something different on his keys. Nothing so far in the working world, it seemed. Which was quite disappointing. "And here I thought the holidays were supposed to have a lot of new job openings." He grumbled to the two of them. "Bah, fuck it." he said, shutting his laptop. "Tomorrow's another day." He grabbed the remote and clicked it at the TV, watching it turn on. An arm wrapped around her shoulders slowly.

"THat's better." he said,.

She couldn't help but feel a little bad for him. It seemed like he was determined for something to happen right away, but she didn't say anything about it. "Yeah Thanksgiving is coming up which means black Friday and then Christmas. I'm surprised people aren't begging you to work for them." She smiled as he clicked on the TV. She leaned in against his shoulder and watched the moving pictures on the screen, not really paying attention to what was being said, her mind was too deep in thought for that.

She looked outside again and wondered if her class would be cancelled, but she doubted it. She remembered that last year when the snow was three feet deep and the temperature was three degrees the classes were still in session. The clouds outside were a deep purple and when they were like that snow was almost guaranteed.

The news were basically talking about the surprise blizzard that had hit from seemingly no where. Basically saying it was going to be all night and possibly into tomorrow, and how much snow they were predicting, no one could say. All he did was roll his eyes and put his empty bowl off to the side. "With any luck, maybe class will be canceled tomorrow." he said, as if reading her mind. Course it probably wouldn't be, this fucking classes would be open even if a nuke hit the previous night and the teachers grew three different arms.

She quietly giggled. "That's exactly what I was thinking." She smiled and turned her head back to the TV. More new about the blizzard, school cancellations, and the stupid economy drop. "They never have anything positive on here." She said raising her hand towards the TV to make her point as a story came on about a hit and run. "Why can't they give us a story like 'Today someone had their cancer cured, and in other news there was a panda bear born in the zoo.' Why can't we hear about that shit?" She asked slightly annoyed with all the negativity. She yawned and sat up to grab her bowl of now cold macaroni and ate the remains.

"Come on, you know the world. It's not easy to rule over people when they have such silly things as HOPE and HAPPINESS. There has to be FEAR! There has to be paranoia if they're ever gonna control the world! We need people getting assasinated, new forms of the flu, a contagious cancer! That's the only way it can be done." He said and looked up at the clock. It was getting at 10. They'd need to hit the hay soon. He brought it up with a slight yawn. "Wanna hit the hay?" He asked her.

"Fucking government." She mumbled under her breath before looking at the clock herself. "Yeah, i'm tired." She said as she stood up and grabbed both of their bowls and untouched beers. She set the bowls in the sink and the last two bottles back in the fridge before moving back into the living room. She smiled and pointed to her back, "want a ride?" She said half jokingly. She was capable of carrying him to the room and thought it would be funny to try.

He smirked a little bit and crossed his arms in front of his chest, cocking an eyebrow at her. "Do you really think you're capable?" He asked her gently with a laugh. "I mean, I' a bit heavier than you after all...' He knew full well she was capable of carrying him. Hell, she was stronger than she looked after all. There was still that little fun of blatant sexism he had with her every now and again, such as ordering her to make him a sandwich. It was all in good fun of course. Nothing serious.

"Oh, maybe you're right I wouldn't be able to carry such a fat man on my back." She teased him right back. Of course he wasn't fat in any way shape or form. She smiled just a little. "Come on I just want to see how far I can get." She was very confident in her abilities no matter what it was. She was a smaller girl only about five foot six and weighing only 117 pounds, but she was strong. Her green eyes scanned over him wondering if he would actually let her. He wasn't the easiest book to read and she loved that about him.

"Oh, I'm hurt." he said, tilting his head to the side. He rolled his eyes a little bti. "Fine, fine, but if I end up hurting your back, you brought it on yourself." he said as he wrapped his arms around her neck, smirking. "If it's too muich, just tell me baby I don't wanna hurt you." he said.

Back
Top Bottom