Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Of Hard Times and Affections (Me + Yuukic)

She smiled and closed her eyes, having forgot where they were going a while ago. When he spoke about seeing it she sighed. "I wish it was farther away." She mumbled a little childishly. Her feet his the soft while ground quietly before she walked up to the little coffee shop. "Here we go." She mumbled to herself before walking in with a huge smile plastered on her face. She saw who she was looking for immediately and went to him with the news. "So, I'll be taking the job." She smiled at him. "Great, you start on Monday." He said before turning back to his job. Wow, she had expected to start work sooner than that, but she wasn't complaining, that just gave her mornings to spend with Jason the rest of the week. She turned to him and smiled, giving him a little thumbs up.

He gave her a little thumbs up in return, a grin on his face as he mouthed "Good job" to her. Hey! Wasn't that bad. At least now he got to spend a few more days with her, so there was that. Least before he was likely not gonna "see" her see her for a little while. But he couldn't complain. This was a good thing, for both of them! "Heh, looks like I'll be coming to the cafe more often it seems.' he said as both hands found their way back into his hoodie. "And I sitll get you for a few more days!"

She waved goodbye to her future co-workers before moving back to her boyfriend. Her hand wrapped around his arm since his hands were hidden away and she walked out with him. "Well, that took less time than I thought." She said once they were outside. "Now we can go home and relax for an hour." She said, hiding her smirk since she knew that he had wanted to play in the snow. She did too, and they would, but she wanted to see if he even remembered his own excitement for the sport.

"You excited about working here?" He asked her as they made their way back to their apartment, walking a little closer to her. "I mean, I can't imagine why you wouldn't, money is money after all, but...' he paused and chuckled. "Kay, stupid question on my end, just ignore my denseness."

She smiled only slightly, a bit disappointed that he didn't remember playing in the snow, but his topic was much more meaningful. "I mean, yeah I'm excited to work and this place would be at the top of my list, but I don't know. I've only worked once before and it was for like a year. Three years ago." She giggled lightly. "But, what were you going to say? There is no such thing as a stupid question." She reminded him with a smile.

"Babe, remember me? I only have two settings: Stupid question or REALLY stupid questions." he said with a teasing smile down at her. However, he stopped her just before she entered the hotel. "Oh, by the way, baby." he said as he reached down and grabbed a handful of snow, packing it and smirking at her, molding it into a ball. "I'd run if I were you."

She smiled and shook her head with a sigh as he made fun of himself. When he stopped she looked to him with wonder before catching on to what he was doing. She smiled widely while she bent down to pick up a clump of snow also. She wished that they had some sort of real house with a yard so that they could build little forts for themselves, but she could roll with the streets. She his behind the apartment buildings sign before throwing her snowball at him, hitting his shoulder. She stuck her tongue out at him and came out from behind, thinking she was some sort of tough cookie since she got a hit.

She was a good shot, he kept forgetting that. As the snow expoded against his shoulder, he grunted and laughed. "You brat!" he laughed as he threw the snowball uselessly against the sigh, watching it explode and miss her entirely. He quickly crept up behind the sign, scooping up another handful of snow and throwing it at her, not having the time to make it into a ball. He needed to be quick if he was gonna hit her after all. No time getting fancy.

As she heard the ball hit the sign she giggled until she saw him throw the white powder at her. She was laughing before it even hit her. She had been hit on the hip, but the funny thing about it was that as soon as there was impact the thing just turned back into the powder. "Don't be lazy." She smiled while she made another ball and threw it at him, but that one missed. She dove down quickly to make another and throw it aimlessly. The snow was thick and the possibilities with it were endless. After a couple more times getting hit and hitting him, laughing all the wile she fell into the deep snow, disappearing. "That awkward moment when the snow's too deep to make an angle in." She laughed.

He watched as she almost completely vanished from sight when she fell into the snow, making his way over and laughing down at her. "Didn't expect the snow to be this deep." he admitted. "At least not to the point you can fall over and never be found again...' To test, he fell over as well and just as easily disappeared. "Jesus christ, man, this is deep." He sat up a little bit, but the snow still came up to his neck. "I bet you MONEY we can probably just lay here and no one would ever find us."

She heard the small thud of him hitting the snow and laughed a little. She nodded even though she knew he wouldn't be able to see it. It was really deep and it would be hard to find them. "Yeah, until one of them steps on us." She said before sitting up. "Or until we get hypothermia." She pointed out that little fact too with a giggle. She stood up and turned around to see how deep it was when looking down. She bet that two of herself on top of each other would still barely make the top of the snow. "How could they not cancel school in this condition?" She wondered aloud.

"Bet you anything under the sun it melted like, half an inch." he spoke up, not bothering to move from the snow in this surprisingly comfortable position. "Sides, you know how your school is like, they'd never risk closing more than once a week." he said with a shrug. Lousy cheap basatrds. "But who knows, they may wise up and close, you still have an hour or so." He laughed. "How great would that be?"

She smiled at the thought of staying home again, but she wouldn't get her hopes up. "Even if I do have to go it won't seem too long. I'll be done at five or six." She said walking over to his indent in the snow and cringing her nose slightly so she didn't laugh. He looked awfully comfortable in the little white bed. She reached out her hand to offer pulling him up.

He grabbed her hand and pulled himself, shaking himself free of the snow that clung to his form and chuckled. "That still leaves me along for so long." he said. "Though I guess it does mean I get some free time to job hunt and all that. Maybe get some extra sleep or make the place a little more presentable for when you get home, eh?" he asked. "Won't be...won't be that bad. Yeah?" Trying to look on the positive of course.

Her smile was soft and even slightly forced as he spoke. She really felt bad about going to school and weird about having him be home alone, but it was just one of the things that would be forced to change in these times. She wrapped her hands around his waist and pulled herself close to him. "Yeah." She mumbled in agreement before her hand came up, covering his hat with packed snow she earlier gathered. She stepped back from his hug and laughed at his new natural hat. She had to lift his mood, make him see that even if she is gone she will be back for him no matter what.

"Thanks babe." he said sarcastically with a little smirk as he looked up to try and see his now snow covered hat. "Needed that." he said with a little laugh before he suddenly took the hat off his head and shook it down on her, sprinkling the snow back onto her. "Heh, you know, if you didn't need to go to school I'd suggest we'd make a snowman together." He was horrid at making snowmen. They were always snow figures if anything, but that didn't mean he didn't have fun doing it. "But alas, school and life.' He dramatically sighed before he shrugged. "Well I'm sure the snow'll be here later, hm?" he chuckled before he scooped up another handful of snow. "Whatcha say? ONe more snowball fight?"

She smiled at the suggestion of a snowman. "Well, I'm sure it will be fun to build a snowman under the street lights too." She said with a sigh. Knowing that she would be able to come home and do something fun like that made her a little more willing to leave for school. "As for the snowball fight.." She bent down and got a handful of the white powder. "I think we can have ten more minutes." She smiled as she threw the clump at him and made her way slowly through the tall snow.

He lifted an arm to try and blocked the incoming ball of snow and slush, before he packed the snow in his own hand and threw it at her in return, quickly taking several steps back and gathering more snow in his hands, packing them haphazardly and throwing them at her with a laugh. "You won't win this time!"

Maisie laughed as the ball of snow he threw unpacked against her hip. She had another ball in hand when one of his flew past her. "You don't get a better accuracy soon, I am going to win!" She laughed more with him than at him. Hey, neither of them was a really good thrower, the point was having fun, but another ball hit her and she realized it was 0-2. She threw a ball blindly in his direction before grabbing another one. She loved this, the freedom of doing nothing with him for no reason at all. Knowing something didn't have a purpose made it that much better. "Heads!" She called as she threw one and it was a bit high. She peeked between her gloved fingers to check to see if she had hit him.

And it did. Spot on, actually. He watched it for a second, as if wanting to see where it woudl land himself. It did hit...him, square in the face. He fell ver in surprise, disappearing amongst the white dust, coughing and sputtered as he brushed the snow from his face. "Holy shit." He said with a laugh.

She laughed as it hit him, but when he fell she ran to him in a bit of shock. "You okay baby?"" She asked with a huge grin on her face. She leaned down towards hin and thumbed off a speck of snow that was still on his face. "Sorry." She smiled slightly before her lips were against his. "I can heat you up if you want." She mumbled into the kiss with a smirk.

Back
Top Bottom