Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

his supergirlfriend

nladisha

Supernova
Rachael was glad it was something easy this time: a gang of robbers going after the Municipal Bank. She'd had a rough couple of weeks so far - three old friends breaking out of prison on three seperate occasions, two mad scientists scheming to take over the world, and a bikini model somehow growing to 500 feet tall and going on a rampage through downtown Miami. That, plus having to make a quick trip to Mars (in a bulky space suit too) after NASA disturbed a Shastinian Star Empire forward staging area when they thought it was a lost Martian city (then again, Rachael's pre-emptive strike saved her the trouble of trashing some major city while fending off a Shastinian invasion - another plus, since only a handful of astronomers and government officials from an even smaller number of countries knew aliens existed). On top of all that, Rachael recieved a false alarm her arch nemesis, the Iron Empress, was up to no good again. Rachael was not looking forward to another fight, so it was a relief when she found the Empress still in her jail. Bank robbers were like taking out the trash.

She caught the robbers threatening to start killing hostages if the bank president didn't hand them the keys to the vault. They'd already disarmed the silent alarms and disabled the phones, leaving no way for the police to know about thier attack. As soon as the robbers caught sight of Rachael in her skin-tight yellow leotard, black leggings, boots, and red cape, one of them started firing.

"You know that'll do you no good," Rachael told him as the bullets bounced harmlessly off her chest and stomach.

"Yeah, but at least I tried," the robber said. He practically gave her the gun when she snatched it from his hands and bent it into a useless shape. Another robber thought to sieze a bank customer and hold a gun to her head while trying to escape through a fire exit. Rachael was faster than his finger, and ripped the gun from his hand and crushed it in her palm. The other robbers scattered, but Rachael made short work of them, rounding them up and trussing them together with the nylon ropes used to mark off the aisles for the teller windows. Two robbers tried to escape in an armored truck, but Rachael chased them too. She flew a little ahead of them, then set herself down right in front of them. The robbers tried to swerve to avoid her, but they ended up colliding with her head on. When they tried to flee on foot, Rachael merely flew to the back of the truck, ripped the doors off, flew in, grabbed the robbers, and took them back to the bank, where the newly liberated hostages were flagging down the police.

Yes, thought Rachael as she beamed with pride, by now standing in front of the bank while waiting for the police to debrief her and smiling for the reporters and cameras, it felt good to take it easy from always saving a city or the world for a change.

Rachael gave her report to the police and took a few moments to let the reporters worship her. She liked the attention. She stood as straight as she could, puffed out her breasts, and sucked in her stomach. A chance breeze provided her with a little extra touch of style. She caught sight of a young man with reddish brown hair, dressed in a black shirt, staring at her with green eyes the size of dinner plates, unable to tear his gaze from her. He looked kinda cute. She spared him a quick, flirtatious wink.

"You're all very welcome," she said to the crowd. "Glad I could be of service. Stay out of trouble." With that, she leapt up in the air and flew off. She landed on top of a block of flats in a quiet part of town where no one would think to look for a super-powered woman. Making sure no one saw her land, she slipped into the building's stairwell. Three minutes later, Rachael emerged downstairs, looking very much like a normal 25 year old woman. She was a very pretty woman, with a slender toned body that gave no hint of her incredible strength, a soft, taut stomach, and large 54E breasts that looked like perfect spheres on her slender frame. Her long, jet black hair was still done up in the same high pony tail she wore with her costume. However, her thick "Clark-Kent" glasses and brown contact lenses hid her cold blue eyes to change her appearance, and she now wore a yellow t-shirt with a V-neck that showed a bit of cleavage, tight blue jeans, and a pair of white sneakers. Her costume was tucked in a black stuff bag. She nonchalantly walked over to one of the flats and slipped inside. Everything was as she left it. She walked over to the second bedroom that served as her makeshift office, and tossed her costume in the closet. She then sat down at her computer.

When she wasn't saving the world from the Empress or the Shastinians, nor battling giant bikini models, lesser supervillains, or bank robbers; Rachael was a computer programmer who worked from home. It paid her bills, and kept her occupied. She had work to do now, and needed to get ahead so she'd have time to be ready for trouble came her way.

The day passed slowly. Rachael was able to get a lot of work done. After the excitement of that morning's robbery, things rather died down. As she worked, Rachael thought back to that young man. Though she tried to have a social life, it was hard for her to manage friends, work, and saving the world. Rachael had even tried to keep a boyfriend in high school, but being a superhero didn't allow her to go beyond casual acquaintance. She quite school anyway - she couldn't keep up with her classes, but still scored perfect on her GRE. She lived a very lonely lifestyle.

Finishing her work for the day, Rachael slumped back in her office chair, feeling bored. She wasn't sure what she wanted to do now. No new criminals to stop, no supervillain attacks, no natural disasters, and no more alien activity. Perhaps she could go out for a bit. She had the time. Perhaps she'd see that cute young man again. She knew he wouldn't recognize her outside her costume. No one did, and that was the beauty of her glasses and lenses. Maybe she could approach him as ordinary Rachael, or at least get a better look at his face so she'd have someone to fantasize about tonight before bed. It would help pass the time away.

Rachael barely noticed someone striking her as she turned to cross the street. A body that could take a direct hit by surprise from a sabot round fired from a main battle tank and not flinch was all but insensitive to little things like someone in the wrong place at the wrong time. She wasn't insensitive to the fact she hit somebody. She turned to see who it was.

It was the young man from earlier. He obviously didn't recognize her with her glasses and different iris color. But recognized him. Unfortunately, Rachael first saw him while in costume. She was a seperate person in her costum, and as far as this young man was concerned, it was the superheroine who saw him earlier that day, not Rachael.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" she said, pretending this whole episode was just a random encounter. "I didn't see you there! Are you okay?" She extended her hand to help him up.

A dinner with a cute guy: that was something Rachael rarely, if ever, had time for; let alone was ever invited to. Sure some guys had tried, but something inevitably always came up, and she was off to save the day. Her date thought she'd ditched him, and he would never return her calls. Sure literally bumping into people wasn't the best way to meet people, but sometimes it paid off.

"Um, yes," she said. "Though I do think I should help pay for it. If I hadn't moved the way I did, you just might have missed me." She smiled at him sweetly.

Rachael noticed the boy looking down at her breasts. She was used to that. Most guys did, especially when she was in costume and her breasts bulged out prominently and her cleavage was clearly visible. She gave him a cheeky smile.

"Uh... you know what, I was kinda looking for some burgers," she said. "By the way, we haven't really met. My name's Rachael." She held out her hand.

"It's nice to meet you, Daniel," Rachael had to remember to grip Daniel's hand softly and delicately. She wasn't in her costume, so she couldn't give her customary grip, where the person shaking her hand could feel the raw power in her muscles. "That place is perfectly fine. Though I hope I wasn't interupting you while you were walking. I can't believe how careless I was to knock you over."

This time, Rachael giggled. The boy was about 3 years younger than her, and rather cute. He was silly too, and that was something that appealed to her. She accepted his offer to go first.

"You're quite the gentleman," she remarked.

"Yes, as a matter of fact," Rachael said. "I live just a few blocks from here in that high-rise over there." She motioned in the general direction of her flat. She imperceptibly tensed when Daniel mentioned they'd met before. They had indeed, but Rachael was in costume.

"I don't think so," she said. "I'd remember you if we did. You're not someone I could easily forget."

Rachael grinned Daniel. She was flattered by Daniel's politeness. It had been a long time since any boy had treated her like a lady. Rachael was used to being self-sufficient and independant. After all, she could crumble a reinforced concrete wall like a gramcracker and rip through sheet metal like paper. She graciously slid past him into the restaurant.

"Well it is a big city," she said. "You might have seen me going in and out a few times." In reality, it was she who saw him as she patroled her city to protect it from threats. It was a shame she couldn't tell him about her normal job. It was her secret.

Rachael probably should have ordered something small, but her powers had given her a large appetite. She couldn't help herself. She blushed as she gave her rather large order.

"I know I don't look it," she explained. "But I can eat and eat and eat, and I never get any fatter. I guess I just have a good metabolism."

Easy question. "I am a computer programmer," she said. "Granted, I'm not your typical nerd, being a thin, healthy looking girl who isn't pasty white and freaked out about anime. But it pays well, and I have the skills and aptitude. What do you do?"

Rachael blushed as Daniel complimented her looks. "I hope I'm not..." Her voice faltered as she was distracted by her cell phone. She flipped it open as though to check for messages. In reality, it had been modified by her little brother (the only other person who knew she was a superheroine) into an emergency scanner that could detect unusual disturbances in police/military radio chatter and electrical systems such as the activation of an alarm or its deactivation. Complex algarithims not even she understood screened out those things not worth her time. This one wasn't: a bunch of terrorists had broken into a Pakistani military base and were overpowering the guards - those who did not turn on thier comrades and join arms with the terrorists. If the terrorists succeeded, they'd get thier hands on enough nuclear weapons to start a war with India, and smuggle enough smaller bombs out to attack targets in the United States and Europe. This was definitely worth her time.

"Excuse me," she said. "I got a call from my brother. God, I hope I'm not his one phone call again. I can't keep doing this every time he acts up." Her brother was a star student at MIT, but Daniel didn't know that. She wolfed down the rest of her food - surprisingly little, since she was a fast eater. She slipped out a back exit out of Daniel's field of vision, then dashed back to her apartment. For someone who could fly all the way to Mars in half an hour, racing along the street too fast for even strobe light to see, she was able to go unnoticed. She reached her flat, changed into her costume, removed her lenses to expose her true eye color, and dashed off eastward to take out the trash, again.

The unglamorous side of being a superheroine: just barely getting to know someone nice, and suddenly duty calls, thought Rachael. She arrived at the military base to a hail of gunfire from small arms, RPGs, and stolen military hardware, including a tank shell. They had no effect other than to slow her down while she disabled the heavy weapons and collected the small arms to keep them from hurting anymore people. Several terrorists threw themselves at her in vain attempts to hurt her with suicide vests, but Rachael was quick enough to remove the explosives before they could detonate. Then she broke into the motor pool, where the terrorists were trying to make a getaway with the modified Scud launchers carrying the Pakistani nuclear-tipped missiles. She used electrical cables to bind the terrorists until additional security arrived, then monitered thier transfer to prison to make sure there were no more traitors in thier ranks. All the while, the terrorists spat at her, and those who could speak English called her "whore" and other demeaning names, while those who couldn't did so in Arabic and whatever indigenous Pakistani languages they could speak. When she got home, she was tired and filthy. The first thing she did was throw her costume in the washing machine, then take a long hot shower. Finally, she collapsed in her bed. She hadn't forgotten Daniel, but she was sure she'd lost him, no thanks to her little emergency. However, she was too weary to dwell on it for long.

Rachael was working on another project when her phone rang. It had been a boring day so far - no attacks by normal or super-powered criminals, and no natural disasters. The Iron Empress was still in jail, and the Shastinian Star Empire still hadn't recovered from the loss of thier base on Mars.

"Hello," she said in her cheerful, business voice. "This is Rachael Verona speaking."

Back
Top Bottom