Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Blue Moon Club & Brothel OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying it's a bad thing -- if it's any plus, I prefer realistic pictures. It just kind of is one of my pet peeves when a roleplay has a mixture because it just seems messy and bothers me. Just one of my silly little irks. 3;

See, this is my thing. I don't like to tell someone how they have to play or present themselves, which is why I haven't really set a rule, but if it helps to keep things better organized, I suppose we could set a standard.

I don't relatively mind which one it is, I'm all for either. Even if you don't want to set a standard or such for either, I'd be fine. I guess I was just voicing my peeves.

No worries Marissa. Things progressed a little bit without you, but not too, too much.

As for the pictures, I prefer the freedom to choose. I know a lot of people prefer drawn pictures, whether it's anime or a more Western style. If we went with one this would probably need to be it due to the RP being so open to fantasy races. Some people prefer realistic pictures for, well, their realism. I tend to lean toward real pictures, but I go back and forth depending on the character/game.

Ultimately, I don't see the reason to alienate anyone with saying they can't use the images they'd like, especially considering the game is such a blend of fantasy aspects and reality aspects. If someone can't get into a game because of a variety of styles of pictures, that's more their issue with imagination and immersion, in my opinion. =P

Most roleplays don't even have pictures. Concentrate on the words, if the pictures bother you. The writing is the meal. They're just a garnish.

Very true, Fades. Hell, I don't even know why I'm complaining because I do that anyways. Half of the time I don't even like the picture so I picture them some other way. Maybe it's just because pictures are actually involved this time around and I haven't been used to that for a while. Who knows. Maybe I'm just PMS-ing. But tally-hoo!

You absolutely may join, Poison. The game's only been open for a few days, so you haven't missed a whole lot(though it's been pretty hopping, so there's a few pages to skim through, but that's just recommended, not required!).

Start off here, specifically with this thread. It looks like a bit at first, but most of them are pretty standard things that should be easy enough to remember.

Feel free to peruse the ongoing roleplays in the brothel if you'd like, or go directly to make a customer or an employee profile. You don't have to wait for approval or anything, but before you jump into the game please make a profile in one or the other first!

And for Succy, I actually had that same peeve for awhile, but eventually just realized it's not that big of a deal. For awhile I was so used to doing games with pictures all the time, with friends. Then when that stopped and I just did straight writing it broke me of the care one way or another. So, no worries about it. Having everything one or the other is nice visually, but unless it hurts the feel of the roleplay, it's usually best to let people create someone they'll really enjoy playing.

Sorry for the delays in getting back to you guys here. And actually, I used to have that same peeve for a while too. But with me it was because I had a preference for digital art. Anime characters never inspired realism, and using like celebrity pictures has just always been a turn off for me, since I just think of that celeb often when I play the role. Sometimes i will do that if I base a character on a specific actor and that actor's stereotype and such. But usually, I like digital art because it gives you a touch of realism without stealing a celeb's face.

Anyway, after a while I came to realize it didn't really matter. You can picture a character however you want in your head, and now I have no problem with anime pics, because I just sort of picture a more real life version of it, or celebrity pics. Maybe it's a look-alike. Who knows? Anywho, I encourage people to just go with whatever they prefer, and to accept what others prefer. It's easy enough to imagine what a real person might look like as an anime character, and vise versa. Most of all, people should be comfortable and enjoy themselves.

Just my two cents...

Just a quick thing I feel I should mention. There are a LOT of people posting in this RP right now folks, so when you make a reference to someone and interact with them, you need to specify who you're referring to and interacting with, instead of just generalizing it, otherwise they may not know you meant them specifically, and therefore may not reply to you as a result.

I just thought I'd mention that, as I have seen a few posts by various people done this way, then seen them complain that nobody was replying to them. There's a reason, and the reason is likely because nobody knows who you're talking about, so be specific, otherwise we're all just playing a guessing game.

On another note, please don't just post a profile claiming to have a 'Top' or management position without clearing it with me or Candira first. Any normal position s fine, but 'Top' or 'Lead' positions and management positions are special cases for specific players. Vain, if you don't mind, change that. I would prefer to know someone before just allowing them to claim such a title. BD got to claim it because she's a friend, I know her, and she works her butt off to keep the Open RP section alive as its mod.

Thanks.

Now, GAME ON! ^_^

Plus, be outgoing. Don't just have your guy/girl be a wallflower. It's easy to get lost in the shuffle whether you mention names or not. Interact! Be the one to approach someone else.

If your character is of the shyer/more reserved sort, think of a way to get past that. Maybe two characters literally bump into one another. Whatever it takes. If you do insist on waiting for someone to approach you then at least try to post somewhat frequently, even if it's just your guy/girl quietly sipping their drink while observing the going-ons; have a presence in the thread.

Vain, kindly please change your title as regular whore or I'll change it for you with my mod powers without notice. The only Top Whore of the entire brothel branch is Scarlett, my character, so she's also the incognito Third-In-Command even though Kelly and Keane didn't give her the title. Also whores, please place a floor on the subject line as to which you will be holding your action and such. Thank you.

I see Vain's still a pretty new member to the site. Would a PM be more beneficial, also serving as a way to make sure he knows about the OOC area here to begin with?

Also, Sin...call me five, but I giggled when you addressed people as 'whores,' as correct as it is.

*will have to bribe Scarlett with a vodka & blood martini at some point to whisper all bossy-like in Reyson's ear*

I'm hiding from everyone. Sort of. <.< Just trying to get up to date on replies I owe before hopping onto chat/messenger.

Sinful Bliss said:
Vain, kindly please change your title as regular whore or I'll change it for you with my mod powers without notice. The only Top Whore of the entire brothel branch is Scarlett, my character, so she's also the incognito Third-In-Command even though Kelly and Keane didn't give her the title. Also whores, please place a floor on the subject line as to which you will be holding your action and such. Thank you.

Didn't know top whore held any true merit other than best fuck xD. Suppose it makes sense for a Succubus .

Sanoci said:
Sinful Bliss said:

Didn't know top whore held any true merit other than best fuck xD. Suppose it makes sense for a Succubus .

Haha. It was discussed before hand w/Scotty. Otherwise, I would've gone ahead and used a human character for that spot. xD

Yeah, sorry guys, it's been a long night. If anyone's not busy my character is currently hanging around the bar watching the time fly by :)

All good Vain, and just keep posting. Someone will come chat with you, or if you spot someone free that you want to chat with, go make a move.

Also, for your room, would you mind changing it to the 4th of 5th floor? Like I said, the 6th floor is supposed to be reserved for management and lead positions.

Also folks, I edited the building description a bit. It's now 8 stories, with the top two floors containing the penthouse (Owners' residence), so anyone who has made a reference in a room description stating the 6th floor as the top floor may want to change it.

Thanks, and hope you are all still enjoying yourselves!

Hey Scott question...

I was wondering where does a non brothel worker go...
<_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom